Sony just won the console war...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cannibal127-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 cannibal127-9
Member since 2002 • 573 Posts
Sony just announced, according to Bloomberg, that the PlayStation 3 will now be 499!! That's a one hundred dollar price cut. Sure, it's still steep, but it's a right step in the right direction, and that 100 bucks will convince more than twice the people to drop their dollars on it!! All these games coming out (Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Lair, Ninja Gaiden, Warhawk, etc.) so soon, and a price drop. Tons of new features!!! I can't see this being anything but positive for Sony's future.
gundamfan80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gundamfan80
Member since 2005 • 684 Posts

Sony just announced, according to Bloomberg, that the PlayStation 3 will now be 499!! That's a one hundred dollar price cut. Sure, it's still steep, but it's a right step in the right direction, and that 100 bucks will convince more than twice the people to drop their dollars on it!! All these games coming out (Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Lair, Ninja Gaiden, Warhawk, etc.) so soon, and a price drop. Tons of new features!!! I can't see this being anything but positive for Sony's future. cannibal127-9

its little soon to try to say "Sony wins!" wait until it passes the other systems then you can say that.

zero_cool098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 zero_cool098
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
i think this console war is all about the number of system sold....and wii seems to be in a different category so its most likely 360 vs ps3
Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

do you have a habit of letting things go off prematurely?

you havnt won when your competitors are still outselling your hardwar

cannibal127-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cannibal127-9
Well, it's not my hardware.. Not by any means. It's Sony's hardware. This is not a system wars post, this a PS3 post. Absynthetic, This is all it takes to win.
aznkid2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 aznkid2o9
Member since 2005 • 188 Posts
I don't think he was talkin' 'bout you directly....but yeah its a step in the right direction. But it's still a long ways before you can say Sony wins...
sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts

I don't think he was talkin' 'bout you directly....but yeah its a step in the right direction. But it's still a long ways before you can say Sony wins...aznkid2o9

Yes it is a step in the right direction, but sony needs to make a run down the right path to catch up with the 360 and the Wii. As for people saying the Wii is in a different category its just ridiculouse the Wii is a console not a TV or a DVD player so yes its definetely in the same category.

The PS3 needs to do a lot more to make me feel like a happy consumer, I hardly talk about any of the games only the ones that arent released at the moment.

We need more great games and new franchises like lair and heavenly sword so far all Im getting is ports and I hate that.

Plus the price drop hasnt helped me much since Ive already braught the thing, but yeah it will bring in new gamers and so far Iv spent more time on my Wii than anything else, the 360 is full of shooters and that gets tediouse after a while.

But yeah I hope the show better games and newer franchises, I need more games I bored FFS.

Deyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Deyee
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts

Actually, Sony just placed the 60 GB PS3 in the old 20 GB (forget about that SKU already?) PS3's place and then launched a new SKU 80 GB PS3 for the 60 GB PS3's place.

Now, this is good for those that haven't purchased a PS3 as of yet, BUT it is HARDLY a steal/bargain at this point in time.

It's called marketing, Sony just duped you into thinking you're getting a deal.

Also, the "Wii is in a different category" debate is really old, keep telling yourself that while Nintendo laughs all the way to the bank with the most profitable machine out of the 3. I promise Sony and MS are envious of Nintendos system when it comes to the almighty dollar.

Cook66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cook66
Member since 2004 • 5182 Posts
Don't sell the gold before the ore is mined! I think..?
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
actuallly they killed this holiday season. if they dont get 10 games abovwe 9.0 they killed them selves. they lowered the price and had a better deal until they got the 80GB. and since no one cares about the lowest common denometer(20 & 60 GIG) they made more problems than givin. one year later they will announce a 100GB and kll the 80. one year later they will get a 120GB and kill the 100.
hoosierman5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 hoosierman5000
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Nobody wins in this console war. You either have the xbox that breaks down every year and spends a quarter of the next year in a repair center, but has good games, or you have sony with a reliable system but no game worth playing.
Taioa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Taioa
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts

Absynthetic

its CONSOLE war, not whom can sell the most and whos console is more popular war.

Look at the features of the ps3 compared to the 360. Ps3 wins on that, fact.

Game wise 360 wins atm :). And live i think?

Eitherway, lol, even a price cut. I still think ps3 has won this war.

In 2 years perhaps. Ps3 will have plenty of games, and it will still be the more powerful system, thats not breaking all the time :D. 360 was rushed out too much =(.

Also this new 80gig shouldnt cause too much disterbance or anger. Since you can simply go upgrade your ps3 to have 120gig now if you want. Its not that expensive either :D

PMatt722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PMatt722
Member since 2007 • 935 Posts
the Wiiis still killing it...have you been under a rock the past few months?:|
Taioa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Taioa
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts

I know the wii is still killing it :). The wii is good lol, i need to save up and get one :D.

Thing is with nintendo though. They never seem to move their prices much. Like with sony and MS, you see a lot of price drops in both console and games

Nintendo takes aaagees. Look at the DS. Its been priced at £99 for like over a year!

Anyhow, wii only wins because of their controller :D and the fact itrs the cheapest console out. Not exactly the most powerful though is it?

Nintendo do good with that though. Add a simple unique feature and thats it. Like with the DS and psp. The psp i think has a lot more powerful features, dvd player, mp3, pictures, cameras etc. But the simple ds feature of a touch screen was i think more popular? I know more people with a ds then a psp anyway. :)

aznkid2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 aznkid2o9
Member since 2005 • 188 Posts
[QUOTE="Absynthetic"]

Taioa

its CONSOLE war, not whom can sell the most and whos console is more popular war.

Look at the features of the ps3 compared to the 360. Ps3 wins on that, fact.

Game wise 360 wins atm :). And live i think?

Eitherway, lol, even a price cut. I still think ps3 has won this war.

In 2 years perhaps. Ps3 will have plenty of games, and it will still be the more powerful system, thats not breaking all the time :D. 360 was rushed out too much =(.

Also this new 80gig shouldnt cause too much disterbance or anger. Since you can simply go upgrade your ps3 to have 120gig now if you want. Its not that expensive either :D

yea a lot of people judge which console wins by the numbers sold....but i think all systems this time 'round are worth ownin'.

kniveshurt18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kniveshurt18
Member since 2005 • 1506 Posts
There was a major difference between the 20 Gb model and the 60 Gb model besides storage space, you know. Unless the 80 Gb model has even more new features that the 60 Gb doesn't have, then there is no point in buying it.
Koga_316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Koga_316
Member since 2006 • 180 Posts

Sony just announced, according to Bloomberg, that the PlayStation 3 will now be 499!! That's a one hundred dollar price cut. Sure, it's still steep, but it's a right step in the right direction, and that 100 bucks will convince more than twice the people to drop their dollars on it!! All these games coming out (Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Lair, Ninja Gaiden, Warhawk, etc.) so soon, and a price drop. Tons of new features!!! I can't see this being anything but positive for Sony's future. cannibal127-9

all those "exclusives" you mention look like total crap

ESPECIALLY ninja gaiden sigma

cannibal127-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cannibal127-9
I guess it's not too hard to make enemies around here... Guess that's why I don't Forum post on Gamespot anymore.. or hardly come on here for that matter. I am sick of Fanboys. It was a general statement. I know they haven't WON. I know there is still years left on this generations life. I agree the Wii is in the same category, regardless of it's graphics. I know the 360 still ownsin terms of overall sales!!I didn't literally mean "YAY. Sony just outsold every single console in history". Read between the lines kids. Calm down and take some ridalin.
cannibal127-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cannibal127-9

[QUOTE="cannibal127-9"]Sony just announced, according to Bloomberg, that the PlayStation 3 will now be 499!! That's a one hundred dollar price cut. Sure, it's still steep, but it's a right step in the right direction, and that 100 bucks will convince more than twice the people to drop their dollars on it!! All these games coming out (Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Lair, Ninja Gaiden, Warhawk, etc.) so soon, and a price drop. Tons of new features!!! I can't see this being anything but positive for Sony's future. Koga_316

And I am sure it's safe to assume you're a fanboy of something other than the PS3. In the PS3 forums to try and make us feel worse about the PS3. Instead, you simply make yourself look foolish. Heavenly sword, Lair, Ratchet and Clank... Far from Crap.

all those "exclusives" you mention look like total crap

ESPECIALLY ninja gaiden sigma

ngoniko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ngoniko
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts
.... this is funny
rptransam09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rptransam09
Member since 2005 • 1250 Posts
someone said denometer.. hahaha.
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

*looks up at sky and, asks god..*

"Whats become of the GS forums?WHY?!"

tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts

*looks up at sky and, asks god..*

"Whats become of the GS forums?WHY?!"

navigata
because it's funny to watch fanboys argue. i usually just watch the forum for my entertainment for the day. it's barely worth trying to talk to anyone anymore.
cannibal127-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cannibal127-9
I agrree with you. I wasn't intending for this to start an argument between the people that commonly use this website. Any way for me to remove the message all together?
BlacKJaCK2290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BlacKJaCK2290
Member since 2005 • 1775 Posts
Another premature announcement that has regards to the PS3.
dawngrrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 dawngrrl
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Good Grief.

Here's the thing: People are passionate about the war and so you should expect some pretty passionate responses, especially if the suggestion is made about a lean towards one or the other. Nature of the beast.

I have and use all of them, each for different strengths. Earlier gen consoles had the same competitors and thier differences have effectively given us what we have today, 3 pretty cool - but very different - systems. I may prefer one over the other for any number of reasons,controller comfort, online multimedia integration, beastly power and HDDVD inclusivity, personal interactivity, title lineup, etc.,but I am fairly confident that a cool benjamin isnt going to be the catalyst for any white flags a wavin'. Plus your price for play margin isnt gonna change much - where one goes the others follow.

My point is they are all gonna "make it".

Kiss Kiss

Click to view full size image

Dawngrrl Gametart

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts

Good Grief.

Here's the thing: People are passionate about the war and so you should expect some pretty passionate responses, especially if the suggestion is made about a lean towards one or the other. Nature of the beast.

I have and use all of them, each for different strengths. Earlier gen consoles had the same competitors and thier differences have effectively given us what we have today, 3 pretty cool - but very diffrent - systems. I may prefer one over the other for any number of reasons,controller comfort, online multimedia integration, beastly power and HDDVD inclusivity, personal interactivity, title lineup, etc.,but I am fairly confident that a cool benjamin isnt going to be the catalyst for any white flags a wavin'. Plus your price for play margin isnt gonna change much - where one goes the others follow.

My point is they are all gonna "make it".

Kiss Kiss

Click to view full size image

Dawngrrl Gametart

dawngrrl
Awesome! Nothing like a level head.
MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#28 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts

actuallly they killed this holiday season. if they dont get 10 games abovwe 9.0 they killed them selves. they lowered the price and had a better deal until they got the 80GB. and since no one cares about the lowest common denometer(20 & 60 GIG) they made more problems than givin. one year later they will announce a 100GB and kll the 80. one year later they will get a 120GB and kill the 100.coolasj19

No system out there got 10 games scored above 9.0 in its first year. Your logic doesn't make sense, I'm sorry.

AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts

I agree, I just hope they can keep MGS4 exclusive.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
......... Nice car you got.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
Unfortunatley, it means nothing if Microsoft drops the price of the 360 $100 on all SKU's
iMacBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 iMacBot
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts
I think Wii won this round. However, they haven't gained ground in important proportions, they just reclaimed their part of the market. The battle is between Sony and XBOX 360 now. Most gamers who wanted a 360 got it already. Now it's up for Sony fans to get their PS3s.
cannibal127-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cannibal127-9

......... Nice car you got.Dogswithguns

Ha ha. Thanks!!!