This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I gotta say I'm loving it so far. The controller feels bulkier than a DS3 and UI feels stiff as you move through it. But beyond those 2 minor quirks it's been great. I have Ratchet and Clank as well as Digimon Cyber Sleuth. I may get kingdom hearts next bit what indies can you guys recommend

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I really liked the PS4 right away. My hands are rather small yet I find the controller to be very comfortable. Anyway, as far as indies go. I'm not huge on indies, but of what I played that (I think) count as indie games I liked well enough are Dust: An Elysian Tale, Lone Survivor, Valiant Hearts: The Great War (ok this one is from a division of Ubisoft but it has that "indie" game feel), Never Alone, Ether One, Broken Age, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

DS4 is bulky? and UI is slow?

Are those jokes? the DS4 is a huge improvement over the tiny DS3, especially the L2/R2, it also fits better in the hands, if there's anything bad, its the 6-8 hour battery life.

And the UI is much faster than the PS3.

As for indie games, just get PS+ and you'll get at least 2 a month.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Save up and buy that new Ps4 controller with the shape of an Xbox controller. Also grab Persona, Nier, I am Setsuna, HZD, etc. Good stuff there.

And grab a new cord. The 3 foot charger it comes with is trash.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SoNin360
@GTR12 said:

I forgot to address that because the PS4's UI is a godsend compared to the PS3. There's nothing about it that seems sluggish to me. I hate navigating the Store but that's a different problem.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

What kind of indies do you like, and do you also game on PC?

There are tons of awesome options for different tastes, ranging from The Unfinished Swan, to Axiom Verge, to Headlander, to Witness, to Grim Fandango, to Abzu, Journey, Flower... really too many to relay in one post

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@Celsius765: All the best Indies are not PS4 exclusives to be honest. And many you can get are heavily focused on nostalgia and/ or just try to be creative little walking simulators.

Shame to say as I haven't really been taken by an Indie game on a console since Guacamelee.

Though The Binding of Issac I did re-get on PS4 because it's awesome. However you can get that gem on anything really due to port overload.

Broforce is another fun one.

So overall if you just mean a small game on the side I would look into Worms WMD as well (not an Indie), only if you actually like the Worm games though. It's pretty fun.

If you even have a below average P.C. however I would recommend you treat yourself to Owlboy, it's so good. I'd rebuy that in a heartbeat for PS4.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@SoNin360 said:
@GTR12 said:

I forgot to address that because the PS4's UI is a godsend compared to the PS3. There's nothing about it that seems sluggish to me. I hate navigating the Store but that's a different problem.

No, the PS4 UI is speedy as hell actually. I agree.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SoNin360

@SolidTy: Yeah? That's what we're saying. Unless you're talking about the PS3 in which case I certainly disagree.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RSM-HQ

@SoNin360 said:

@SolidTy: Yeah? That's what we're saying. Unless you're talking about the PS3 in which case I certainly disagree.

It would be more fun to compare the PS3 UI to the WiiU UI. Both are pretty slow and stutter all the time.

PS4 only seems to stutter when you've got a demanding game running as well. Though I do not know if PRO has this issue but I assume so. Compared to the PS3 it's acceptable.

On PS3, if you've already loaded a game up. You may as well not bother with the UI unless you're making a coffee as you wait.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

Apotheon, Transistor, Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition, Valiant Hearts, Rocket League (better on pc), Shovel Knight, Resogun, Alienation, TowerFall Ascension (couch co op), Crawl (couch co op), Thumper, Stardew Valley, Broken Age, Banner Saga, Trine 2, Rogue Legacy, Furi, SteamWorld Dig, Darkest Dungeon, Hotline Miami, Ronin, Little Nightmares, Salt and Sanctuary, Stick It to the Man, Enter the Gungeon, Not A Hero, Hatoful Boyfriend, Broforce, Mother Russia Bleeds, Titan Souls, Strider (currently 2.99 on psn due to sale), and a few others.

A few fun truly free games:
Let It Die, Paladins, Kill Strain, and The Tomorrow Children

Bigger games to check out down the line:

Disgaea 5

Yakuza 0 and the upcoming Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6.

The Evil Within, Alien Isolation, and Resi 7.

The King of Fighters XIV, Guilty Gear series, Skullgirls, Tekken 7, Street Fighter 5, and Blazblue series

Nioh, Bloodborne, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, The Last Guardian, World of Final Fantasy, Project Setsuna, Hitman, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Witcher 3, Until Dawn, Ni no Kuni 2, Resident Evil Revelations 2, FFXV, MGSV, Dying Light, Doom, Divinity: Original Sin, Tides of Numenera, Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, Trackmania Turbo, Earth Defense Force 4.1 (this is actually a great game and 5 is coming eventually), Arkham Knight, etc etc

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Celsius765

My ps4 deleted Freedom Planet. I've looking into this issue it seems it's been a problem for years and it even happens on the pro Will getting a new console even help?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Celsius765: Deleted? As in, just removed the install App.

Never had that issue before, and I've had a PS4 since launch.

I'm assuming it's a rare error.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

Yeah, I know. I was agreeing that the PS4 UI is speedy.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Celsius765

@RSM-HQ: I hope it's rare because I'm enjoying my ps4 and am not returning it. That being said if it's happening on pro models it might an OS error

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Celsius765: It might be worth going into Safe mode and pressing Rebuild Database.

Never had technical issues to that extent with the PS4, however with the PS3 some of the updates didn't install properly for me and had to do this.

If nothing the Rebuild should fix any errors in the data-base and with any luck fix any operating system issues as well.

@putaspongeon said:

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Remaster>>>>Revelations 2.

It's odd how that's the game I pick up from the list. But must state it's a weird game to recommend. If someone has never played a Resident Evil; Rev2 might just be the worst game to start with. The game is 80% fanservice to previous instalments.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PutASpongeOn

@RSM-HQ said:

@Celsius765: It might be worth going into Safe mode and pressing Rebuild Database.

Never had technical issues to that extent with the PS4, however with the PS3 some of the updates didn't install properly for me and had to do this.

If nothing the Rebuild should fix any errors in the data-base and with any luck fix any operating system issues as well.

@putaspongeon said:

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Remaster>>>>Revelations 2.

It's odd how that's the game I pick up from the list. But must state it's a weird game to recommend. If someone has never played a Resident Evil; Rev2 might just be the worst game to start with. The game is 80% fanservice to previous instalments.

It's also couch co op, doesn't have limited saves via ink ribbons, and isn't stressful.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RSM-HQ

@putaspongeon: You make Resident Evil Remaster (Remake) sound like a bad thing :P

Single-Player, more focused personal experience which Survival Horror is best for.

Limited saves, you get plenty of ribbons but makes you think of what you do. And in so, respects your judgement and actions.

Stressful? . . Maybe to the weak of heart, but if they can't handle Remake? They probably should be avoiding the series anyway.

Revelations 2 is a blatant fan-service follow-up continuing the events of Resi5 to many an extent, Barry not been story involved since Nemesis and Claire since Code, and they hint references none stop to past games. Newcomers will not get even half of these and be lost in confusion.

Starting with Rev2 seems odd. And not a good starting point. If all the above is a turn-off for Remake? I'd at least start with the original Rev, which comes out soon on PS4. It has a self contained plot at least. Revelations 2 does not.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PutASpongeOn

@RSM-HQ said:

@putaspongeon: You make Resident Evil Remaster (Remake) sound like a bad thing :P

Single-Player, more focused personal experience which Survival Horror is best for.

Limited saves, you get plenty of ribbons but makes you think of what you do. And in so, respects your judgement and actions.

Stressful? . . Maybe to the weak of heart, but if they can't handle Remake? They probably should be avoiding the series anyway.

Revelations 2 is a blatant fan-service follow-up continuing the events of Resi5 to many an extent, Barry not been story involved since Nemesis and Claire since Code, and they hint references none stop to past games. Newcomers will not get even half of these and be lost in confusion.

Starting with Rev2 seems odd. And not a good starting point. If all the above is a turn-off for Remake? I'd at least start with the original Rev, which comes out soon on PS4. It has a self contained plot at least. Revelations 2 does not.

I mean you can play revelations games single player and the first is, however co op on anything makes it better, resident evil 1 would be better if it had the option to have couch co op or online co op.

It's an unneeded stress on a medium th at should be relatively focused on the scares and ammo management and not your save management, you shouldn't have to worry about not being able to complete the game over something minor like running out of ink ribbons.

The limited saves is the main cause of stress for resident evil to me, take that away and it's a pretty good camp series and the later games have a lot of content. The gameplay of revelations and revelations 2 are great, giving characters specific roles to fulfill that are unique to each other.

I'd say the early resi games would be better to remove the ink ribbons but as things stand I'd suggest 4, 5, and 6 over 0-3, is there a pc mod to avoid ink ribbons?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RSM-HQ

@putaspongeon:

however co op on anything makes it better

Not really, but some games? sure. Not this one, that's why-

Resi 1,2,3,CV>>>>>Outbreak

Resi4/ TEW>>>>>>>>>5/6

Resident Evil Remaster has a total of 110 Ink ribbons on standard settings, if you run out? I think you're saving too much :P

So to continue I would have to disagree with a whole lot of what you are stating. As you are only factoring your own personal preference in games and not considering people who enjoy these features.

I've enjoyed most the games, even the coop games. But Remake is catered to the fans of Horror/ careful item management/ and back tracking. And as such a very enjoyable game, if you didn't like it? that's fine, taste differs, but many consider it great for a reason.

And you probably can Mod Ink Ribbons out, though I dunno, seems you may have a phobia that reflects limited saving seeming more stressful than it is.

Resident Evil 7 brought back the item manual saving system, are you aware of this?

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PutASpongeOn

@RSM-HQ said:

@putaspongeon:

however co op on anything makes it better

Not really, but some games? sure. Not this one, that's why Resi 1,2,3,CV>>>>>Outbreak.

Resident Evil Remaster has a total of 110 Ink ribbons on standard settings, if you run out? I think you're saving too much :P

So to continue I would have to disagree with a whole lot of what you are stating. As you are only factoring your own personal preference in games and not considering people who enjoy these features.

I've enjoyed most the games, even the coop games. But Remake is catered to the fans of Horror/ careful item management/ and back tracking. And as such a very enjoyable game, if you didn't like it? that's fine, taste differs, but many consider it great for a reason.

And you probably can Mod Ink Ribbons out, though I dunno, seems you may have a phobia that reflects limited saving seeming more stressful than it is.

Resident Evil 7 brought back the item manual saving system, are you aware of this?

All games, if the game was exactly the same and it had couch co op, it'd only be an addition.

It doesn't matter about how much I save or don't save, it's the approaching state of entropy that comes up when it's all said and done.

Ink Ribbons are a fine thing for difficulties akin to the evil within's akuma mode, however it's not a necessary or positive addition.

If it's possible for you to have to start the whole game over because you used your ink ribbons, even if it doesn't happen, that's not a good thing, it's not even an option to switch that off.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RSM-HQ

@putaspongeon:

it'd only be an addition

That can hinder the games experience, ala Outbreak.

Ink Ribbons are a fine thing for difficulties akin to the evil within's akuma mode

Akumu 悪夢 'nightmare' you mean. and TEW doesn't have a manual item save system on Akumu >_<' I've beaten it lots of times. It has an auto-save system and the unlimited regular kind like the other difficulties.

If it's possible for you to have to start the whole game over because you used your ink ribbons, even if it doesn't happen, that's not a good thing

It's more likely you'd have to reset for running out of ammo than Ink Ribbons, they are always in plentiful supply and well spread out. Enemies don't respawn so saving over one hundred times is pointless.

I think you're trying too hard to find flaws in games you do not play. If you only play the Coop Resi games? That's fine, they're fun but I don't find your point to have much merit.

No one should start the Resident Evil franchise with Revelations 2, I remain with that statement_

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PutASpongeOn

@RSM-HQ said:

@putaspongeon:

it'd only be an addition

That can hinder the games experience, ala Outbreak.

Ink Ribbons are a fine thing for difficulties akin to the evil within's akuma mode

Akumu 悪夢 'nightmare' you mean. and TEW doesn't have a manual item save system on Akumu >_<' I've beaten it lots of times. It has an auto-save system and the unlimited regular kind like the other difficulties.

If it's possible for you to have to start the whole game over because you used your ink ribbons, even if it doesn't happen, that's not a good thing

It's more likely you'd have to reset for running out of ammo than Ink Ribbons, they are always in plentiful supply and well spread out. Enemies don't respawn so saving over one hundred times is pointless.

I think you're trying too hard to find flaws in games you do not play. If you only play the Coop Resi games? That's fine, they're fun but I don't find your point to have much merit.

No one should start the Resident Evil franchise with Revelations 2, I remain with that statement_

A bad game with co op isn't good, a game that would be the same with co op is better than just the game itself.

Also yeah, whatever. Also I meant akin to a difficulty like that, not that difficulty itself, I made that clear that I meant something like that. Ie you put in resident evil and if you do higher difficulties you get limited saves for the masochists.

Nope, the game is flawed, even if you take away the things I said, those things I said are the things that make it completely unapproachable to a normal gamer. Yes, because you're a resi fanboy.

Anyway your statement is wrong, one can easily play the game then go to the others and catch the references in reverse.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RSM-HQ

@putaspongeon: I'd argue Outbreak isn't bad, it's flaw is all the coop buddy features in the game that damage any existing tension and horror. If you played the game you would know why coop isn't always a good thing.

Also yeah, whatever. you get limited saves for the masochists

Yeah, well luckily what you think means nothing to people who buy these games.

Shouldn't be a bigot just because you're not the target audience.

Many Survival Horror games use the limited save system. It works. Don't like it? well play something else. negative labelling isn't productive, it's immature.

game is flawed, even if you take away the things I said, those things I said are the things that make it completely unapproachable to a normal gamer. Yes, because you're a resi fanboy.

I don't deny I'm a Resident Evil fan, however what has that got to do with any of my statements? I'm making informative notes, you're name calling and doing little else. Other than giving false information I have to correct.

Remake does have flaws but the pros out-weigh the negatives. That's why it's a beloved game to many. Your narrow-minded point of view who's never played the game means less than nothing.

TEW didn't use limited saves because it already has a very deep and demanding item management system all about prep work. That has less resources than all the Resident Evil games. People who play it know this. Even with an auto-save TEW is far more intense than games with limited save items.

Anyway your statement is wrong, one can easily play the game then go to the others and catch the references in reverse.

Already stated why they >shouldn't< They can, it's not a forced request, it's an advised one as someone who likes these games. Also given good reason why.

And it's better advice than the childish reasoning you've displayed. Grow-up, or better yet, go back to System-Wars.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PutASpongeOn

@RSM-HQ said:

@putaspongeon: I'd argue Outbreak isn't bad, it's flaw is all the coop buddy features in the game that damage any existing tension and horror. If you played the game you would know why coop isn't always a good thing.

Also yeah, whatever. you get limited saves for the masochists

Yeah, well luckily what you think means nothing to people who buy these games.

Shouldn't be a bigot just because you're not the target audience.

Many Survival Horror games use the limited save system. It works. Don't like it? well play something else. negative labelling isn't productive, it's immature.

game is flawed, even if you take away the things I said, those things I said are the things that make it completely unapproachable to a normal gamer. Yes, because you're a resi fanboy.

I don't deny I'm a Resident Evil fan, however what has that got to do with any of my statements? I'm making informative notes, you're name calling and doing little else. Other than giving false information I have to correct.

Remake does have flaws but the pros out-weigh the negatives. That's why it's a beloved game to many. Your narrow-minded point of view who's never played the game means less than nothing.

TEW didn't use limited saves because it already has a very deep and demanding item management system all about prep work. That has less resources than all the Resident Evil games. People who play it know this. Even with an auto-save TEW is far more intense than games with limited save items.

Already stated why they >shouldn't< They can, it's not a forced request, it's an advised one as someone who likes these games. Also given good reason why.

And it's better advice than the childish reasoning you've displayed. Grow-up, or better yet, go back to System-Wars.

I mean co op =/= you have to do co op, it means you can do co op.

You can play the horror of single player or you can have a friend over and play it the other way, games can be played more than once.

I like horror games.

Anyway it's like yakuza 0, you can either play it knowing what is to come and connecting all the characters to their future actions or you can play it like it's yakuza 1 and yakuza 1 (remake called kiwami coming in august) is the 2nd in the series.

Wow, what a bitter little brat you are with that last line.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

The only real issue I have with the controller is the battery life. So I am still using DS3 for most things.....

Axiom Verge is a great indie game.

Nioh would be my must-play for the PS4 system (and Bloodborne, of course)