Snipers Ruined MAG.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrispexOps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 CrispexOps
Member since 2009 • 182 Posts

I went out this morning and purchased MAG on my way to work, and thought when I came home I would play it. I pop it in, and naturally there is always some kind of patch. So I start playing, and start gunning down people with my assault rifle, and the I notice I get picked off by a sniper. Meh, no big deal, I spawn with my sniper rifle to take him out, and then I look up on a ridge, and see roughly 12 snipers, picking people off left and right. Camping at it's best. I worry about what MAG has already become, a sniper heaven, which little people can move without being shot. Sure, 256 players is fun as hell, but I can't help but to feel like snipers will be the death of MAG for many.

Tangmashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Tangmashi
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

Reminds me a long time ago when I played TFC on 2fort, there would always be like 5-6 snipers on the battlements. Good times as a soldier could easily rocketjump up there and kill all of them.

Too bad you can't drop a laserguided bomb on them or something.

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

yeah sorry bout that

CrispexOps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CrispexOps

I wouldn't be mad if it wasn't so easy to snipe people.

Tangmashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tangmashi
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

CrispexOps

Like in KZ2 where sniping actually requires some skill?

Bladex2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bladex2k
Member since 2003 • 2755 Posts

if you played the open beta you would have realized this and saved yourself 60 bucks

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
Why do people complain so much about snipers and camping...? snipers are meant to camp....you shouldn't expect someone running around with a sniper rifle like its an assault rifle. anyways, the golden rule is to stay out of sight and keep moving in "hard to snipe" patterns. Its worked in most fps games and I'm sure it will work in MAG as well.
CrispexOps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CrispexOps

if you played the open beta you would have realized this and saved yourself 60 bucks

Bladex2k

When did I ever complain about money or about not liking it? I'm simply stating the snipers will be what turns a lot of people away from this game. I never once stated I regretted buying it.

gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

1.smoke bomb

2. get your squad mate to drive an APC and stay behind it or ride a vehicle

3. Artillery Strike

4.Vehicle

5. grenade

6. Find another route

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
*Sigh* here we go. I don't think there has ever been a shooter with a sniper rifle were someone has not complained about it. There are ways around them. Like the others have said snipers are meant to sit in one spot.
Snapplers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Snapplers
Member since 2009 • 40 Posts

Why don't they just have a certain amount of slots per team? Example, only 3 people can be the sniper class at any given time. First come, first served basically. I think there should be limits for all classes, with primairly infantry having the most slots.

This would solve the problem I believe.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

TC..Thats the nature of the business. Snipers are always going to be a part of the problem. I am normally one of them.:)..You have to learn to either get around them, get better than them or just dont play. On a side note, I feel like maybe the snipe gun should be a thing of the past BECAUSE of these problems.

Dysantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dysantic
Member since 2003 • 1624 Posts

Why don't they just have a certain amount of slots per team? Example, only 3 people can be the sniper class at any given time. First come, first served basically. I think there should be limits for all classes, with primairly infantry having the most slots.

This would solve the problem I believe.

Snapplers

This doesn't make sense to me. If the entire team wants to be snipers, let them. They will never take over any areas or move forward in the battlefield. All you really have to do to take down a group of snipers like the TC is complaining about is flank them by going around and then you have 12 guys to knife in a row while they are all looking through their scopes.

Soapweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Soapweed
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

I don't see how this is any big news. I've been hearing the same thing since Counter Strike.

Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Im sorry to piss you off TC.
Caprellid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Caprellid
Member since 2008 • 249 Posts

I don't see how this is any big news. I've been hearing the same thing since Counter Strike.

Soapweed

aint nothing but some good ol A-W-Ps!!!!! ohhh the good times haha.

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

[QUOTE="CrispexOps"]

Tangmashi

yeah radar skill. lol radar + stealth = ownage in some of kz2's maps.

i think COD's sniper is thehardest to use. it requires to hold a extra button to steady it. in other games (MAG and KZ2), sniper gun is very steady and they dont require to hold another button to steady it.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

In the beta, there were a bunch of snipers, you just have to get used to the maps and take em out nicely. Snipers are pretty easy to take out especially is you have a tank to blow em up with.

Grymreign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Grymreign
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts

The maps are so cluttered with stuff that you can just find a nice little place of your own to camp and pick them off lol...

Yagnav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Yagnav
Member since 2004 • 6107 Posts

The REAL problem is not snipers but people takin this game too seriously.....get a group of people, have a party, have fun, instead you got some people who take stuff too seriously. Its a battle sim ofcourse you're gonna get sniped, its a huge map every snipers wet dream. So you got sniped find an alternate path, zig zag your way, cover to cover. Flank the dudes call in an airstrike, give your squad / platoon leader some feedback tell him where you're getting hit. For chrissakes do something man, this aint a run and gun game you want that COD:MW2 is your best bet. But dont diss the game cuz it aint COD:MW2. I see people whining all the time over forums and on team chat instead of giving feedback to the leader where they want strikes etc. they get killed then blame the leader who's in the chaos getting himself killed, then they lose it, diss the leader, diss the game, and post on a forum. Thats why you need a mic for the full experience. I mean the idea is teamwork so FEEDBACK people !!!!! And whats with everyone joining SVER !?!

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

The REAL problem is not snipers but people takin this game too seriously.....get a group of people, have a party, have fun, instead you got some people who take stuff too seriously. Its a battle sim ofcourse you're gonna get sniped, its a huge map every snipers wet dream. So you got sniped find an alternate path, zig zag your way, cover to cover. Flank the dudes call in an airstrike, give your squad / platoon leader some feedback tell him where you're getting hit. For chrissakes do something man, this aint a run and gun game you want that COD:MW2 is your best bet. But dont diss the game cuz it aint COD:MW2. I see people whining all the time over forums and on team chat instead of giving feedback to the leader where they want strikes etc. they get killed then blame the leader who's in the chaos getting himself killed, then they lose it, diss the leader, diss the game, and post on a forum. Thats why you need a mic for the full experience. I mean the idea is teamwork so FEEDBACK people !!!!! And whats with everyone joining SVER !?!

Yagnav

Way tocontradict yourself.

MrFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrFanboy
Member since 2010 • 397 Posts

I went out this morning and purchased MAG on my way to work, and thought when I came home I would play it. I pop it in, and naturally there is always some kind of patch. So I start playing, and start gunning down people with my assault rifle, and the I notice I get picked off by a sniper. Meh, no big deal, I spawn with my sniper rifle to take him out, and then I look up on a ridge, and see roughly 12 snipers, picking people off left and right. Camping at it's best. I worry about what MAG has already become, a sniper heaven, which little people can move without being shot. Sure, 256 players is fun as hell, but I can't help but to feel like snipers will be the death of MAG for many.

CrispexOps
It is called defending. Try seeing where they are and snip them back, or throw grenades at them(and kill all 12) or even a rocket with a rocket launcher, or you can smoke the places you are going through so that it will make their job harder. Oh and another thing do not rush through open areas. This game allows you to screw with snipers easily all you have to do, is use your weaponry accordingly.
Yagnav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Yagnav
Member since 2004 • 6107 Posts

[QUOTE="Yagnav"]

The REAL problem is not snipers but people takin this game too seriously.....get a group of people, have a party, have fun, instead you got some people who take stuff too seriously.And whats with everyone joining SVER !?!

hazelnutman

Its true isnt it dosent everyone seem to be on SVER for whatever reasons ? I'm not even gonna argue...... take it for what it is... SOMEONE ELSE'S OPINION

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts

[QUOTE="CrispexOps"]

Tangmashi

QFT. at least until you get the spot and mark ability, then its just plain boring....
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts

[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

[QUOTE="Yagnav"]

The REAL problem is not snipers but people takin this game too seriously.....get a group of people, have a party, have fun, instead you got some people who take stuff too seriously.And whats with everyone joining SVER !?!

Yagnav

Its true isnt it dosent everyone seem to be on SVER for whatever reasons ? I'm not even gonna argue...... take it for what it is... SOMEONE ELSE'S OPINION

^ Missed the point... :roll:
Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

Yagnav
Their Base is hard to penetrate. Seriously, I Used to be Raven then I switched to SVER and enemies rarely get to point C. and people heal and resu you like crazy.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#31 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Not just snipers - Bad graphics and gameplay ruined MAG

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

[QUOTE="Yagnav"]

Yagnav

You either didn't read my post, or your own.
Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#33 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts

[QUOTE="Tangmashi"]

[QUOTE="CrispexOps"]

oajlu

yeah radar skill. lol radar + stealth = ownage in some of kz2's maps.

i think COD's sniper is thehardest to use. it requires to hold a extra button to steady it. in other games (MAG and KZ2), sniper gun is very steady and they dont require to hold another button to steady it.

Well, I've gone through hell in Battlefield sniping. The sniper scope does sway, sure, but the maps are big and sniping close range is near impossible because of the sway of guns whenever you move. And since the maps are big, there is bullet drop. Yes, your shots won't hit that point in the middle all the time. Not to mention that Sniping in Battlefield is gives a great sense of accomplishment.
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#34 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

1.smoke bomb

3. Artillery Strike

4.Vehicle

5. grenade

6. Find another route

gugler990
Exactly. Instead of moaning, people should actually just find a way to tackle the problem. Smoke bombs especially... people tend to forget those exist.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Not just snipers - Bad graphics and gameplay ruined MAG

M0wen10
Here you are again pestering everyone on how much you dislike MAG. We know what you stand on the subject so their is no need to post in anymore of these MAG threads. Please and thank you.
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts
Stick to MW2 than, it doesn't require a whole lot of skills.

CrispexOps
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#37 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

You might as well stop playing online shooters like, KZ2,GRAW,RB6,BF,COD and every other shooter out there. I don't like snipers myself(I like being in the middle of the conflict)''BUT" it's apart of the game...learn to adapt or stop palying.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="gugler990"]

1.smoke bomb

3. Artillery Strike

4.Vehicle

5. grenade

6. Find another route

TheLordHimself

Exactly. Instead of moaning, people should actually just find a way to tackle the problem. Smoke bombs especially... people tend to forget those exist.

I wish I would have seen this post before I replied!!! BRAVO:P

Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
well i been through that but i picked them all off even though u get spotted after a while.. there was atleast 5 to 6 sniper i picked off myself 4 be4 i got spotted..
OriginalJonty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 OriginalJonty
Member since 2009 • 1087 Posts

This just interests me more. I love hunting down snipers. Adds a new challenge to FPS's. Haven't got MAG yet though.

CrispexOps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CrispexOps

I think the class limitation would work quite well. Look at Day Of Defeat: Source, they only allowed 3 snipers per team (normally), and the game was actually balanced.

Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#42 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts

This just interests me more. I love hunting down snipers. Adds a new challenge to FPS's. Haven't got MAG yet though.

OriginalJonty
A challenge? Since when was stabbing sitting ducks in the back a challenge?
commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#43 commandercrap
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts

In respone to the title of this hread - NO. Not for me, at least. It's fun to snipe, get counter-sniped, then go back and snipe them again. It's all part of the fun, man.

OriginalJonty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 OriginalJonty
Member since 2009 • 1087 Posts
[QUOTE="Rhen_Var"][QUOTE="OriginalJonty"] A challenge? Since when was stabbing sitting ducks in the back a challenge?

[QUOTE="OriginalJonty"]

Rhen_Var

Not the actual killing of them but finding ways to get round them without getting caught in their sights. It can be more interesting than running and gunning all the time.
Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Abecale
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

There is always, no matter what game, a certain satisfaction in knifing a sniper who is looking through his scope.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#46 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

CrispexOps
so i cant help but wonder, if there were 12 snipers there and your sniper is aiming at them, isnt that atleast 6 easy kills? thats the answer to the problem. fight sniper with sniper its teamwork aka mag
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="OriginalJonty"]

Rhen_Var

I wouldn't knife a sniper,a shotgun blast to the back of the head is more my style.:)