Sixaxis controller and racing games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jackdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jackdog
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
How well does the PS3 Sixaxis controller work with car racing games? Doesn't seem like it would be very good for steering. Also: any suggestions for a good racing game?
Avatar image for mistergamer2006
mistergamer2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mistergamer2006
Member since 2006 • 988 Posts

so far sixaxis has been a bad eperience for me so i prefer to stay clear of it... im jus waiting for a game tht implements it properly, ive tried three so far: Motorstorm, just didnt work didnt feel right, UT3 i know its not a racing game but the sixaxis was bad for the hoverboard...annoying, and then Lair, terrible....

so i dont know so far its been bad but you never know

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 kilzombie
Member since 2006 • 177 Posts

Burnout Paradise implements it nicely, but I think it's more of a annoyance. You can turn it on/off in the options menu.

Burnout is an excellent racing game, very fun, and has awsome online MP. Too bad there isnt offline MP, because I'd love to play against my friends, and crashing head-on into each other!

gam3rog3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 gam3rog3r
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts

The sixaxis controller has the ability to be used as a steering wheel type instrument. I have used it for Motorstorm and did not like it. It takes a lot of getting used to. A LOT! But you do have the option to switch to the regular analog controls which I prefer.

I bought that TOY HOME game on the PS Shop and thought I'd be able to steer without using the SixAxis controller but I was wrong. They don't even have the option to use the analog. I bought it so my gf would have a game to play with me on my PS3 but it was a waste of money. So don't buy that game unless you like using the Controller as a Steering Wheel!!!

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
The lack of force feedback really destroys the experience. I like using it for flying insread of driving.
Jackdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jackdog
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
THANX to everyone!!
Dysantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dysantic
Member since 2003 • 1624 Posts
The first game I owned was Ridge Racer and I tried it with the Sixaxis, it was kinda fun, but I still preferred to use the analog sticks.