Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GGGamer64
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

So here's the situation:

Two years ago, I moved away from Florida to Connecticut. So it's really hard to keep in contact with my old friends and visit at all. About 75% of people in my grade that play console have an Xbox one and the other 25% have a PlayStation 4. I was talking to my old friend, and he wanted me to get a PS4 so we could talk together. Also, the majority of people I knew in my old town played on Playstation. Although, I don't have a lot of money and the only way to get a quantity of money to buy a PS4 is sell my Xbox. To be honest though, I really don't think it's worth it because all the games that I like are on both consoles, so there would be no point in having both consoles. If it was 2014 or 2015, I would be all for it because the PS4 had some many things on the Xbox. But now the Xbox is doing or going to do really well, with Project Scorpio, Direct X12, etc. what should I do? If I really wanted to I could probably get a summer job (going into 8th grade). But, again, is it worth it?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

switch to pc if you gonna switch

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@gggamer64: PS4 has hundreds more games than Xbone.

I have both, but the library differences are quite noticeable.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@gggamer64: You came to a very biased place for this question. On the PS Forums, you'll have at least 80% telling you PS4 is the only choice. And they won't consider your preference.

I'd say. Answer your own question.

Base it on games. That's the important thing to consider as a gamer.

What games do you play? What games do you enjoy?

Then pick the device that has the most of the following_

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

@gggamer64: You came to a very biased place for this question. On the PS Forums, you'll have at least 80% telling you PS4 is the only choice. And they won't consider your preference.

I'd say. Answer your own question.

Base it on games. That's the important thing to consider as a gamer.

What games do you play? What games do you enjoy?

Then pick the device that has the most of the following_

Exactly, this is a PS forum! But, I will say that I'm a fan of both consoles, so it would be hard for me to give you a solid opinion TC

Avatar image for rosinmonkekyx17
rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rosinmonkekyx17
Member since 2015 • 3019 Posts

Friends are more important in my opinion, even if you dislike the games you're playing, at least you'll be playing with a friend

So, get the console that your friends prefer

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidTy

@RSM-HQ: He made the exact same thread days ago in the Xbox forum as well.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RSM-HQ

@SolidTy said:

And what will Xbox owners recommend I wonder? Hmm

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidTy

@RSM-HQ said:
@SolidTy said:

And what will Xbox owners recommend I wonder? Hmm

Yes, I agree with your sentiment...it's that I wanted you to know he posted the same thread in both forums seeking counsel from both fanbases.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ

@SolidTy: True, true. Just sick of fanbois. Though, ain't we all?

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

I'd keep the xbox the a couple more years and then get a PS4. I'm more of a PS guy, but there are only a handful of good-great PS4 exclusives right now, and you'll be able to get them and more for cheap 2 years from now.

One nice thing about the xbox now that the guys are about 10-20% cheaper than PS4. Plus about 75% of the biggest games are on xbox.. with about 25% being PS/Nintendo exclusives.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SolidTy

@The-Butcher248 said:

I'd keep the xbox the a couple more years and then get a PS4. I'm more of a PS guy, but there are only a handful of good-great PS4 exclusives right now, and you'll be able to get them and more for cheap 2 years from now.

One nice thing about the xbox now that the guys are about 10-20% cheaper than PS4. Plus about 75% of the biggest games are on xbox.. with about 25% being PS/Nintendo exclusives.

Actually, the PS4 has hundreds more games than the Xbone. I'm not sure that your percentages have been properly worked out. I realize that if you only own one machine, it's easier to overlook the library gap, but there is indeed a library deficiency that is easier to notice for those of us that have had both machines since 2013.

I enjoy both machines, but considering they both released a week apart, I never expected the library gap to be where it's at in 2016.

Regarding sales, the PS4 actually reduces their price in their store far lower and more often than Xbox. For instance here is the summer sale going on Right Now between both services:

I was disappointed to see the "Ultimate" Xbox sale advertise 40% - 60% off on the Xbox dashboard last week when the other competing services was doing 80% - 90% off their huge mid-year game sale last week, and other Summer sales across a variety of stores are doing 90%. It's not the first time I've noticed the sale discrepancies either, but it's the first time I've posted about it. I guess I expected more as last gen the 360 sales were more generous.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

you are true, if you want digital games, ps runs far better sales/flash sales. I was thinking more new and especially used. eBay/gamefly/ GameStop.

That being said, without getting into too much of a debate is that yes, there are a lot of ps4 exclusives but only a handful that are must plays... Let alone sell a console/buy a console for a 8 grader. In my opinion, it can't hurt waiting for say the ps neo even. Software/hardware only gets cheaper. Xbox has a solid lineup this fall/winter that can keep him busy.

I also think some of the best ps4 games are remastered PS3 games. So I've you've had a ps3 and played them... Less of a reason to jump to ps4.