This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nikko_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nikko_25
Member since 2006 • 445 Posts

I've been a Playstation guy since I was a kid. Now I'm wondering if I should get a Ps3 or a Xbox360 or a Wii. I have reasons for each:

PS3- blu-ray, free online play, web browsing, and I'm a fan of Final Fantasy games, MGS, and DMC.

Xbox360- good games, online gaming is fun, cheaper than Ps3 and I want to play Halo.

Wii- way cheaper than the other and fun to play.

Will the next wave of games will be better than Xbox360?

What are other reasons I should buy a PS3?

mikeslemonade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mikeslemonade
Member since 2006 • 3624 Posts
Did you buy Dreamcast or PS2 first last generation?  It's really the same situation.  Dreamcast had the games and PS2 had the weaker online with less games because it was new and yet the PS2 did fine and did better than Dreamcast.  360 is still a good choice, but if you don't have a 360 or PS3 than PS3 is the way to go.  If you already have 360 then you don't need the PS3.
GloverD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 GloverD
Member since 2004 • 1555 Posts
The next "Wave" of games. PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4 Uncharted Drakes Fortune Final Fantasy Killzone 2 Socom Confrontation Rachet & Clank Heavenly Sword Lair Warhawk 360: Bioshock (Possibly coming to PS3) Halo 3 Mass Effect
biggamerhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 biggamerhk
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
hmmm im too lazy to answer all of those questions but i can say 1 thing: u will be impressed by getting a PS3. Do NOT get a 360!!
Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

You should research their separate gaming libraries and decide what's best for you. Either way, I'd recommend waiting until Christmas to get a current gen system. That way, all the games coming for 2007 will be reviewed and you can read the reviews and decide for yourself if these are games you want. Also, The PS3 and 360 are rumored to be getting a price cut and even if they don't, there might be some killer deals come the holiday season.

The_Todd_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Todd_5
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts

What are other reasons I should buy a PS3?Nikko_25

It works. 

dragontank28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dragontank28
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts
me i say go with all three buti f i had to pickone right now for game allready out i would say 360 but a year from now i would go with the ps3
irk_t_great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 irk_t_great
Member since 2004 • 465 Posts

hmmm im too lazy to answer all of those questions but i can say 1 thing: u will be impressed by getting a PS3. Do NOT get a 360!!biggamerhk

that's two things.... and yes, get a PS3.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
The PS3 is actually a great entertainment investment. Along with the pro's already listed Sony is planning on this platform having a 10 year life span. The console has been very reliable in comparison to other consoles.
UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts
Get a PS3. A 360 should be a second choice.

Oh, and how many of these threads are there?
FallenAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 FallenAngel
Member since 2002 • 1082 Posts
Depends on the types of games you love. If you're a Japanese game fan, ie games like Final Fantasy (and other console RPGs) and MGS, etc etc...PS3 would be the way to go. If you're more of an online and FPS guy (ie, you love Halo and the like), go for the X360. Also, the PS3 library is kinda bare at the moment, but it has some potentially excellent coming up by the end of the year and early 2008. Finally, with the PS3, you get a built in Blue Ray player. With the X360, you gotta shill out some extra bucks to get the HD DVD add on.
petch117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 petch117
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts
hey its up to you and which type of games you like the most.  if i were buying a system today i might not get a ps3 just because they games that i want to play wont be coming out to late this year or next year.  i think in the end though that the ps3 will have some great games and by then could see a price drop. but its up to you, i do think the ps3 runs better though
MermaidMurder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MermaidMurder
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts

The 360 has:

Halo 3

Mass Effect

Bioshock

Huxley

Fable 2

And a bunch of the major games coming out for the PS3 (Grand Theft Auto IV, Devil May Cry 4, Assassins Creed, Resident Evil 5, Unreal Tournament 3, Turok, Guitar Hero III....plus a good line of good games already out.)

I would recomend going with the 360 for now and give the PS3 sometime to pick up. If you're going for more 'hardcore' games dont get a Wii.

christian1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 christian1993
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts

I have both systems and personally a like the 360 a lot more than Ps3. A few reasons why is because 360 has better games, you can listen to music while playing a game, and my Zune is compatable with it.

Antox-RX8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Antox-RX8
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts

[QUOTE="Nikko_25"]What are other reasons I should buy a PS3?The_Todd_5

It works.

umm hello xbox fan.
Avatar image for UNSEEN_ASSASSIN
UNSEEN_ASSASSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 UNSEEN_ASSASSIN
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

The PS3 is actually a great entertainment investment. Along with the pro's already listed Sony is planning on this platform having a 10 year life span. The console has been very reliable in comparison to other consoles.jimm895

Think of it this way a BluRay player costs $1000, and a ps3 costs.........$600:) 

Avatar image for UNSEEN_ASSASSIN
UNSEEN_ASSASSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UNSEEN_ASSASSIN
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

I have both systems and personally a like the 360 a lot more than Ps3. A few reasons why is because 360 has better games, you can listen to music while playing a game, and my Zune is compatable with it.

What, like Halo?

christian1993
EliasAlucard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 EliasAlucard
Member since 2003 • 736 Posts

I've been a Playstation guy since I was a kid. Now I'm wondering if I should get a Ps3 or a Xbox360 or a Wii. I have reasons for each:

PS3- blu-ray, free online play, web browsing, and I'm a fan of Final Fantasy games, MGS, and DMC.

Xbox360- good games, online gaming is fun, cheaper than Ps3 and I want to play Halo.

Wii- way cheaper than the other and fun to play.

Will the next wave of games will be better than Xbox360?

What are other reasons I should buy a PS3?Nikko_25

Get the PS3. Unlike the 360, it doesn't die on you. Also, DMC rules.

The_Todd_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Todd_5
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Todd_5"]

[QUOTE="Nikko_25"]What are other reasons I should buy a PS3?Antox-RX8

It works.

umm hello xbox fan.

?

That was a vote for the PS3.

I also own the other system that the OP is considering. It's in for repairs...AGAIN. 

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

If you want a better future on games, I'd say get a PS3.

Old_Man_Reagen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Old_Man_Reagen
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts

im not goin to sit here and talk **** about the ps3 but my brother has a wii, a ps3, and a 360

i hardly ever play the wii exept for wii sports when some of my friends are over i hear some of the games are good but i not convinced to buy many of them

i spend most of my time playin the 360 it has great online (the $50 is worth it if u use it enough) it has alot of good games and a few good ones comin out

i got my ps3 in january with resistance. i beat the game and havent played the ps3 since. personaly i just dont like it and i think at the moment there arnt any good games to keep me interested i hoping that something good comes out within the next few months or else i sellin the whole system

babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

Do you want to play:
Halo 3, Fable 2, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Too Human, Gears of War, Forza 2, Halo Wars 

Or:
MGS4, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Ratchet & Clank Future, Lair, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance, God Of War, Final Fantasy XIII, Killzone

Do you want LIVE or Home? Do you need WiFi? Do you have an HDTV? Have you seen an HD movie on a good HDTV yet?

If you still can't decide, go for the PS3. It might be more money, but you get a LOT for your money. You might not need the Blu-Ray player, but once you see a movie running on an HDTV (it doesn't have to be 1080p), you'll be amazed. The standard hard-drive makes it (somewhat) easier on developers (as with GTA4 and Oblivion) and it fills up quick. Built in WiFi might not be necessary for everyone, but I love it.

Sony also has the biggest first party studio, so all this talk about Sony losing exclusives is a moot point. There will be a wider variety of titles available for the PS3 in the long run, but it won't be as big as the huge gap between PS2 and XBOX. I could go on and on, but I'm much more excited about my PS3 than my 360.

But I can't wait for Halo 3.

wmattm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wmattm
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts
yes get the greatness, a ps3 is $600 of greatness in a box
bungee1970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bungee1970
Member since 2003 • 42 Posts
I just bought my ps3 2 days ago.  So far it has been lots of fun with no regrets.
m0ney78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 m0ney78
Member since 2003 • 404 Posts

Get a PS3. The 360 cannot touch the PS3 in games. What games do 360 fans bring up? Fear, Oblivion, Lost Planet, Gears, Rainbow Six Vegas?  Fear, Oblivion, Vegas are all on the PS3. LP and Gears are coming to PC. Not even Halo is an exclusive to the 360. Does the 360/PS3 have Disgaea, Shin Megumi Tensei, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Folklore, Ratchet & Clank, MGS4, FF XIII, Versus XIII, White Knight Story, kingdom Hearts 3, Lair, God of War 3, and the list goes on http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=73301

So, not only is the PS3 more reliable, it does more, its more advanced with stuff like heat sensitive power button, it has no ejecting old school cd tray, you can use any type of headset, keyboard, HDD unlike over priced 360 hardware not to mention nickel and diming you with $100 wireless internet adaptor and controller chargers 

m0ney78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 m0ney78
Member since 2003 • 404 Posts
Meant 360/PC
-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27 -oG-ShAdY
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts

Get a PS3. The 360 cannot touch the PS3 in games. What games do 360 fans bring up? Fear, Oblivion, Lost Planet, Gears, Rainbow Six Vegas?  Fear, Oblivion, Vegas are all on the PS3. LP and Gears are coming to PC. Not even Halo is an exclusive to the 360. Does the 360/PS3 have Disgaea, Shin Megumi Tensei, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Folklore, Ratchet & Clank, MGS4, FF XIII, Versus XIII, White Knight Story, kingdom Hearts 3, Lair, God of War 3, and the list goes on http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=73301

So, not only is the PS3 more reliable, it does more, its more advanced with stuff like heat sensitive power button, it has no ejecting old school cd tray, you can use any type of headset, keyboard, HDD unlike over priced 360 hardware not to mention nickel and diming you with $100 wireless internet adaptor and controller chargers 

m0ney78

I completely agree. Over the past few weeks I've actually been considering getting a 360 because of Halo and its massive fan base. But then I realised. If I wanted to go online I'd need the WiFi adapter, I will eventually need a larger HDD, the wireless controllers eat up batteries like candy, not to mention paying for XBL. It just doesn't seem worth it when looking at what's coming out for the PS3. Sure it's a large cost up front but after that everything else just roles in. Free online, great games, free downloadable content, massive game library with hit titles. It goes on and on. So it's no longer an "if" when it comes to a PS3 it's a "when" for me. I think you should go that direction also, you won't regret it. I know I won't.

ephoenix6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ephoenix6
Member since 2004 • 434 Posts
with xbox live you will NEVER stop paying for your 360, with ps3, online is free. 90% of everything on the playstation network is free. 100% of everything on xbox live, from buddy icons to wallpapers have a price.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

well i dont have the rite to tell u wat u should buy or wat u shouldnt, but i will tell u this, i love my ps3, and im glad i didnt make a mistake, if ur buyin the ps3, ur not makin a mistake, also it depends on u really, do some research about each system and find out wat games are coming for wat system and wat arent, and make ur decision, yes ps3 doesnt have a BIG library of games but they are on its way by the end of this year, we ps3 owners will be happy, amazed and probably love our ps3 even more.

PS ID: SiRlaFFsAlOt

P.S  but i would choice the ps3 if i was u, u get ur moneys worth, u get probably more then wat u pay for, i mean free online, free updates, free game updates, free demos, 90% of things maybe more are free on the ps3, so again if i was u bro id go for it even though there arent much of a games out yet for it. 

prisonerno08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 prisonerno08
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I just cant get it..why ps3?the system is pretty good but not good as they promised to be..where's the whole new graphics generation sony said?i really can't see the difference...the games looks almost the same and many times are better on 360(look gamespots comparison) but if you dont believe try it,i did!..and yes,i prefer to play Gears and forza than Resistance and Rigde Racer!have you ever seen that games?they are just unbelievable!i know games like oblivion and splinter cell and much more are also on ps3 but why playing on ps3 since 360version is better(gamespots results)??If ill see a better graphics/gameplay game than Gears i will be sutisfied!both systems are 'monsters' of technology and both 'can' better games than Gears but think about it,Gears belongs in the first wave of games,whats up next?!but how about inside both systems?This is an awnser i wiil give it myself :

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

Beside the article ign made i dont think one console is better than the other one,they just didnt produce great games on ps3 yet or they are under construction and will come out after a year!For me,Ps3 is the best solution for a cheap Blue-Ray player and thats the reason i bought it but thats my opinion after all!Great games like MGS4 Killzone2 etc will not come out before xmass!so,buy it then,maybe the price will go down a little!But remember great games will come out on 360 also like Halo3 , Fable2 etc!If you are a ps2-3 fan-boy then buy it,noone can change your mind!but if you think about your money or your parents money check prices:

Xbox360:399$

PS3:600$

Games on PS3 : about 59$

Games on 360 :same but there are nice platinum games also(28$)

Thats all i have to say!Just remind u,this is my opinion about the two systems and my conclusion!

Thank's!

(PS:Hate PS3 controller,lack of vibrate!)

Joshy485

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Joshy485
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts

Actually GTAIV, Assassins Creed, Guitar Hero 3, and probably Resident Evil 5 are going to become a multiplat game. But it depends on on which kinds of games you like

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

i would try and get all of them over a period of time.....

ive got a 360 and ps3..:)

Guyzea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Guyzea
Member since 2005 • 1276 Posts

daveg1

Yeah, the TC should do that or say that he is going to do that to end the whole horrible/mis-informed/funny farm fanboy posts. 

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
BUY THE PS3
Avatar image for SupremeRoyalist
SupremeRoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SupremeRoyalist
Member since 2003 • 60 Posts

I look at at these way:

PS3: Blu-ray in my opinion looks much better than HDDVD, the free online play is nice but xbox live is 10 times better if u play a game thats out for ps3 and 360 you will notice the for 360 the online is more fun, better & you will normally get better updates on xbox live. The line up for sony's upcoming games look really good.

360: Right now has the upper hand with the games, it defitnely has better games right now than ps3. wins the online gaming war so far, the price makes it a hot item against the ps3. And yes halo 3, can't wait for that.

Wii: It is cheaper than the other 2 but it gets blown off the map when it comes to hardware, the ps3 and 360 are like albert pujols while the wii is more like pitcher hitting in the 9th spot.

I have have a ps3 and a 360, and i'll recomend people to buy both because they are worth it. My brother has a wii but thats not my type.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
[QUOTE="daveg1"]

Guyzea

Yeah, the TC should do that or say that he is going to do that to end the whole horrible/mis-informed/funny farm fanboy posts. 

sounds like a plan...

p.s. good sig lol!

mcxps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mcxps3
Member since 2007 • 659 Posts
people why do u post these on the ps3 forums becuz the answer is gonna be yes. post it in system wats but do not get a wii i have 1 it sux donkey scrotum.
Avatar image for cloud_strifeXxX
cloud_strifeXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cloud_strifeXxX
Member since 2007 • 128 Posts
personally, i'd wait to get a ps3 until it gets a price cut and more games. the ps3 has a fairly small game library right now, with many games being released on multiplatforms
Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts

The next "Wave" of games. PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4 Uncharted Drakes Fortune Final Fantasy Killzone 2 Socom Confrontation Rachet & Clank Heavenly Sword Lair Warhawk 360: Bioshock (Possibly coming to PS3) Halo 3 Mass EffectGloverD

....Alan wake,fable 2,GeOW 2, splinter cell convictions, PGR 4, Dead or alive 5, Lost odyssey, Too human, Huxley.

I say if you like better hardware buy the ps3 but if you like a system with more games I say 360. 

jacky531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jacky531
Member since 2007 • 1121 Posts

PS3 WILL have better games in the near future like haze, Ratchet, Lair etc but right now xbox360 would only be good for like a year i guess because after all those games start comeing out and if MS doesnt fix their overheating and breaking problem the will certaily go doen also they dont have ANY next gen gameplay like the wii while PS3 has both half in half out which makes it almost perfect for consumers but I'd go with buying a PS3 it will certaily amaze you with what it can do if you have a PSP it will be better then what you spent I also think that its worth 600 though it is pretty high for the other people who cant really afford that. But this is an AMAZING SYSTEM THAT WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN (well atleast you wont have to send it for repairs if you buy the right PS3 box anyways there are very very few PS3's with problems) you will realize it when you get it and get the RIGHT games for it.

jacky531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jacky531
Member since 2007 • 1121 Posts

people why do u post these on the ps3 forums becuz the answer is gonna be yes. post it in system wats but do not get a wii i have 1 it sux donkey scrotum. mcxps3

wii is better then 360.............................

Lucio1007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lucio1007
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
ps3 games look better on my hdtv than xbox 360 .i like my ps3 :)