Should I get Loco Roco, lumines, or something else?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SSJ2_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SSJ2_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 489 Posts

So, I just got a PSP, and I want to get a fun game you can just pick up and go with. I hear good things about lumines, and the loco roco demo was okay. What would you recomend?

Here's what I have so far: MGS: PO (I like it), Burnout Legends (I like it), Wipeout Pure (meh) and Metal Gear Acid 2 (havent played it yet)

spliffchillum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 spliffchillum
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts
locoroco is absolutely retarded..I'd never purchase that game.. lumines is WAY better and actually pretty fun if you have a 2nd psp and playing against someone via adhoc..
tiffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 tiffie
Member since 2007 • 858 Posts
LocoRoco is a GREAT game.  The levels take anywhere from 1-2 min (racing through) up to 15 or 20 (for those really challenging levels).  The goal isn't so much to beat the game; it isn't that hard.  It's to find all the berries and beat the time trial. 

I LOVE playing LocoRoco.  I still pick it up and play, and I've had the game for the better part of four months.
Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts
I have Lumines and Loco Roco, and I prefer Loco Roco over the two games.  Lumines is still an excellent games.  But Loco Roco seems to be more fun to me
greeneuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 greeneuro
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts
I've got only two games for my PSP, and that is LocoRoco and Lumines. Both are great, so buy them both :) although I prefer LocoRoco. Another game worth looking into is perhaps Daxter if you are into 3d-platform games. I've also preordered Racthet & Clank : Size Matters for the PSP. I've got all the Ratchet & Clank PS2 games in the series, and they have all been very (and still are) great games.
SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
Of the two definitly Lumines (1 or 2) both very fun and ideal for play on the go. If you like that sort of thing then Every Extend Extra is fun as is Bomberman. Or go for a fun driving game and get ATV Offroad Fury Pro
hypnotoad8128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 hypnotoad8128
Member since 2007 • 474 Posts

So, I just got a PSP, and I want to get a fun game you can just pick up and go with. I hear good things about lumines, and the loco roco demo was okay. What would you recomend?

Here's what I have so far: MGS: PO (I like it), Burnout Legends (I like it), Wipeout Pure (meh) and Metal Gear Acid 2 (havent played it yet)

SSJ2_Cloud

Both are good. But Loco Roco is a better buy all up. Lumines is good, but we've seen it all 20 years before with Tetris. Al least Loco was original.
Iceman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Iceman_FTW
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts
I would take Lumines over LocoRoco. LocoRoco is a good game, but I find myself playing Lumines more then any other game I have. Time just flys by when you are playing.
axillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 axillia
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
I'm in this same situation. I don't know what to get. I have Lumines, Daxter and Ridge Racer. Any suggestions? The LocoRoco demo is fun, but i can see it getting old. Any recommend Katamari for the PSP?
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

personally i love LOVE lumines, i am addicted to that game.  I keep getting to level 87-90 and then lose.  But i will eventually get to 100.

Loco Roco is a great game too, just I play it in spurts.  Not something that you can play for hours on end, especially while listening to the trippy music. 

Go with lumines of the two and pick up one of the greatest hits for 20 dollars too (wipeout, burnout legends, tekken)

RagedRaldo54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RagedRaldo54
Member since 2005 • 1454 Posts
Loco Roco, even though I love Lumines
tiffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tiffie
I have lumines, and personally, I prefer LocoRoco.  Replay is high on both, but I like playing my LocoRoco.
FFman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FFman
Member since 2005 • 396 Posts
Lumines is great. Its the only psp game that i really enjoyed.
PrimoCapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 PrimoCapo
Member since 2006 • 291 Posts
Here's a solution for you if you have an extra 10 bucks. Buy both.
spliffchillum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 spliffchillum
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts
I dont understand how people like locoroco.. you're a fat liquid blob that breaks up into smaller blobs or makes 1 big blob.. you tilt the screen to determine which way you will roll.. it wasnt very challenging to me.. more of a 8-11 year old kid game IMO..
tiffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tiffie
I dont understand how people like locoroco.. you're a fat liquid blob that breaks up into smaller blobs or makes 1 big blob.. you tilt the screen to determine which way you will roll.. it wasnt very challenging to me.. more of a 8-11 year old kid game IMO..spliffchillum
The challenge isn't in getting to the end, it's in finding all the berries. The way you move is different from any other game, the music is AWESOME, the singing is cute. LocoRoco is a really solid game, if you don't just want to race through to the end. Take the time to find all the Berries and MuiMui's, and you'll have a LOT more fun.
agentluap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 agentluap
Member since 2005 • 2254 Posts
I would get Loco Roco a great pick up and play game
lbl1131lbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 lbl1131lbl
Member since 2004 • 2881 Posts
get loco roco :D
whiplash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 whiplash
Member since 2002 • 164 Posts

I would prefer Lumines slightly, only because I don't like the controls for Loco Roco... the tilt controls are really annoying when you're trying to stay on a small platform, and the thunder+little blobs command is really finicky... often you have to press it multiple times, or settle into the right spot, to get it to trigger.

As for Katamari, I really didn't care for it without a second analog stick.  It just feels off.  (The controls are complicated enough as it is.)

I have two PSPs... one for games and one for homebrew.  The homebrew is version 1.5, which actually works with Lumines without requiring a patch/upgrade, so that game is always in my 2nd PSP.

And besides, it's one of the few games my girlfriend will play with me.

Serbia93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Serbia93
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
NO loco roco-take VS or Tony Hawk or PES 6 or 7!
Avatar image for splinter_girl88
splinter_girl88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 splinter_girl88
Member since 2005 • 7689 Posts
get loco roco :Dlbl1131lbl
Yep, that's what you should get!
fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 160

#23 fazio93
Member since 2005 • 2940 Posts
locoroco is absolutely retarded..I'd never purchase that game.. lumines is WAY better and actually pretty fun if you have a 2nd psp and playing against someone via adhoc..spliffchillum
i agree with the loco roco thing--it suck--i downloaded the demo and stopped playing after 5 minutes---its retarded
SimpsonFan0505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 SimpsonFan0505
Member since 2006 • 1533 Posts
get LOCO ROCO!
Mikey_PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#25 Mikey_PJ
Member since 2005 • 172 Posts
Loco Roco is a crappy game. It's too easy, and the graphics don't display the potential of the PSP it's so boring and repetetive. BOO!