Should i get a PSP or wait for Vita?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

i have no interst in the 3ds so I have been wanting a new hand held system. The vita looks awesome so should I wait for that or get the PSP 3000 or what ever it's called.

TrinityCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#2 TrinityCat
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

I'd recommend of waiting for the Vita if you don't own any UMD discs. This way, you won't have to worry about buying the games all over again. :cool:

JETS-JETS-JETS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JETS-JETS-JETS
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts

I also say wait for the Vita. HD gaming on a handheld at $40 games is bliss. But if the psp is catching your eye that bad then go for it. FF7 crisis core and God of War as your first games won't feel like you were wrong in your choice.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts
I certainly wouldn't wait as it's not a guarantee how many of the titles on the psp will really be available for vita. There's just a bazillion great games waiting to be bought out there for the psp.
RACiEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RACiEP
Member since 2010 • 687 Posts
I certainly wouldn't wait as it's not a guarantee how many of the titles on the psp will really be available for vita. There's just a bazillion great games waiting to be bought out there for the psp.psx_warrior
Well but on the Vita you can still play all PSP games that are downloadable. I say wait for the Vita as well. The PSP is essentially dead now (sorry guys), and I'm hoping Vita will be a breath of fresh air.
psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts
[QUOTE="psx_warrior"]I certainly wouldn't wait as it's not a guarantee how many of the titles on the psp will really be available for vita. There's just a bazillion great games waiting to be bought out there for the psp.RACiEP
Well but on the Vita you can still play all PSP games that are downloadable. I say wait for the Vita as well. The PSP is essentially dead now (sorry guys), and I'm hoping Vita will be a breath of fresh air.

You still can't get Crisis Core as a downloadable game. That by itself is a dealbreaker for me.
colibriosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 colibriosis
Member since 2010 • 598 Posts
Honestly, I do not see the logic of opening such a thread as this one as the answer is very obvious, another thing though, if you want to keep yourself occupied, just get a iPod or lend a PSP from a friend or get it used, most definitely do not get it new for more than 50 bucks...
digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts

[QUOTE="RACiEP"][QUOTE="psx_warrior"]I certainly wouldn't wait as it's not a guarantee how many of the titles on the psp will really be available for vita. There's just a bazillion great games waiting to be bought out there for the psp.psx_warrior

You still can't get Crisis Core as a downloadable game. That by itself is a dealbreaker for me.

If one already played Crisis Core/Kingdom Hearts etc, then I can.´t see what the big deal is and PSVITA will get as good and better games, not to forget, better gameplay than the PSP. That I am sure of. Wait for the PSVITA and get the better experience..

kyomagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kyomagi
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

If you can find a cheap one, get it, but download all your games from PSN. That way when you link your PSN account to the vita, you will be able to DL them again

RACiEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RACiEP
Member since 2010 • 687 Posts

If you can find a cheap one, get it, but download all your games from PSN. That way when you link your PSN account to the vita, you will be able to DL them again

kyomagi
Actually, that's a good idea if you REALLY can't wait a few more months for the Vita.
CCpotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CCpotter
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts
I'd go with Vita too, even though it looks not that cool as PSP series, it has more powerful processor.
AxMxH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AxMxH
Member since 2011 • 62 Posts

Vita... OFC but lot expensive , however dont reccomend you have it IF you have Ps3 since they share 80% of games go get 3ds for Different Games titles, I am here not comparing anything.

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
The PSP has a great library, but it IS dead. On the other hand, you should be able to find it and games for it pretty inexpensive.
nerdjohn77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nerdjohn77
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts

Vita FTW!!!

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

It depends. The PSP is a great handheld, there are plenty of great games to play. It's affordable and you can probably find lots of the games cheap off of places like Amazon. The Vita will cost quite a bit with somewhat expensive games at launch (and a relativly small amount), but if you want a more update handheld with PS3 like graphics, the Vita is the way to go.

marco1k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#16 marco1k1
Member since 2004 • 163 Posts

I'd say wait for the Vita, As worth as the PSP is its money better spent on the newer system (and your gunna need it looking at the retail price for PSV)

I've loved having my PSP for four years now but currently its just more worthwhile waiting I'm afraid and the PSP Games are reported to be backward compatible so you can play all the great titles you missed from the PSP!

Wait it out dude.

Avatar image for FamousVampire68
FamousVampire68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FamousVampire68
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
You should definitely wait for the Vita.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#18 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

If one already played Crisis Core/Kingdom Hearts etc, then I can.´t see what the big deal is and PSVITA will get as good and better games, not to forget, better gameplay than the PSP. That I am sure of. Wait for the PSVITA and get the better experience..

digimonkey12

Better games than Crisis Core? I'm a little skeptical about that claim... I can't say I've played an RPG on any console that has equaled Crisis Core(story-wise) since I first played it.

mike_on_mic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19 mike_on_mic
Member since 2004 • 886 Posts
Why not both, best of both worlds. I am not sure I will give up my PSP when I get the Vita,
mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

The Vita will be out in 2 1/2 months in the states. Wait for it, unless $130 is cheap change to you.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

You have made it this far. Hold out for the PSvita.