Should i buy a PS4 or a good gaming PC?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MohWarfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MohWarfighter
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts
Hello everyone! I gonna buy something i can play many games on with great graphics without lag. I have PS3 but i will get something better with more games and much better graphics. Should i buy PS4 or PC? Thanks
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts
Hello everyone! I gonna buy something i can play many games on with great graphics without lag. I have PS3 but i will get something better with more games and much better graphics. Should i buy PS4 or PC? ThanksMohWarfighter
depends how much do you want to spend. anyways the answer is going to be pc from me
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

Tough choice, PC will always run multiplatform games better but only if you spend enough.  Also, you have to find a method by which you can use the controller of your choice and deal with compatibility problems.  And PS4 won't have the exclusive games Sony provides, ever.

Once you do the math, PS4 can look like a much better deal.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

Tough choice, PC will always run multiplatform games better but only if you spend enough. Also, you have to find a method by which you can use the controller of your choice and deal with compatibility problems. And PS4 won't have the exclusive games Sony provides, ever.

Basinboy

PC doesn't always run games better. There are a lot of games recently that were made for the consoles that are then released on the pc, and those games usually run terrible but they look better. A game that looks better doesn't make it a better game.

I have a gaming pc that I have updated atleast once every couple of years and both of the current consoles, and I play more games the Xbox 360 and PS3. I think that has to do that a lot of the games in the past couple of years have been made for the consoles, and I think that will be more that way with the newer console generation.

The PC as a gaming system has been slowly loosing its reputation as a gameing system over the past few years, and it will just get be getting worse as time goes on.

Avatar image for SamThePurpleton
SamThePurpleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SamThePurpleton
Member since 2012 • 57 Posts

PC, personally, but depends on how much you're willing to spend. PC's can range massively in terms of price (and you can always go for a custom rig) but it's most likely that the PS4 is going to be much much cheaper. PC has a wider range of games to play, and the Steam community, plus lots of games have mods and addons on the PC that you can't get on PS4. Ultimately however, the PS4 looks to be a decent and powerful console (not comparing to the best custom rig PC's of course) and will be well worth your money.

It's still PC from me though.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

If you're getting into PC gaming solely for the better graphics the novelty will eventually wear off and you probably won't stick with it. If you like having an open system though I'd say it's definitely worth it. Consoles for their exclusives and the multiplats that don't make it to PC like RDR, FFXIII, Nier, Catherine, etc and PC for multiplats, strategy, indies and emulators.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

[QUOTE="Basinboy"]

Tough choice, PC will always run multiplatform games better but only if you spend enough. Also, you have to find a method by which you can use the controller of your choice and deal with compatibility problems. And PS4 won't have the exclusive games Sony provides, ever.

ghstbstr

PC doesn't always run games better. There are a lot of games recently that were made for the consoles that are then released on the pc, and those games usually run terrible but they look better. A game that looks better doesn't make it a better game.

I have a gaming pc that I have updated atleast once every couple of years and both of the current consoles, and I play more games the Xbox 360 and PS3. I think that has to do that a lot of the games in the past couple of years have been made for the consoles, and I think that will be more that way with the newer console generation.

The PC as a gaming system has been slowly loosing its reputation as a gameing system over the past few years, and it will just get be getting worse as time goes on.

Exactly what multiplats run worse on PC than consoles? Dark Souls and GTAIV at launch?

And considering that year after year Steam has grown as well as the PC digital distribution market I'd say you've mistaken your own cognitive dissonance with reality.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
A PC will let you play more than just 'current gen' games - mainly it can be interesting to 'max out' games from years past. If there are too few PS4 games that interest you, then a PC is a decent alternative. Honestly, with each generation it seems there are fewer exclusives that really push me to make a system purchase. I've considered a good video card upgrade, though my GTX 560 is still going strong.
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

The PC sure does have more games and better graphics but it will lack on some games like Final Fantasy XV for instance. Maybe some others in the future aswell. 

MohWarfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MohWarfighter
I don't care of the price xD
ShermheadRyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 ShermheadRyder
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

Consoles always have better games, pc games are made by people who arent good enough for consoles... pc didnt even get red dead redemption and god knows when theyll get gta 5.

kingoflife9
*sighs*
IAAGguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IAAGguy
Member since 2013 • 125 Posts

Please remember that Gaming PCs are always the better gaming platform. The only problem is their price. If you spend enough you can get a REAL nice PC.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stinger78

[QUOTE="ShermheadRyder"][QUOTE="kingoflife9"]

Consoles always have better games, pc games are made by people who arent good enough for consoles... pc didnt even get red dead redemption and god knows when theyll get gta 5.

kingoflife9

*sighs*

yea after you sigh you can cry because you know im right.

"Consoles always have better games" - well, there are some exclusives worth playing, which is why I have a PS3 as well as an Xbox 360, but the majority of games available on those consoles are also available on PC. PC is also where I play most of those multiplatform games. Rockstar also made a statement recently that leads many to believe that Red Dead Redemption may finally get a PC release, and if any of the past - major release - GTA games mean anything, the PC will get a version, and it will likely have some kind of enhancements made. The funny thing to think about is that developers use PC systems to program and optimize those 'better console games'.
IAAGguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IAAGguy

[QUOTE="ShermheadRyder"][QUOTE="kingoflife9"]

kingoflife9

*sighs*

yea after you sigh you can cry because you know im right.

I SERIOUSLY hope you are trolling. IF YOU truly think consoles ALWAYS have better games, you are REALLY wrong! PC Gaming was always the more powerful platform ever since the 90s (compare the SNES with the DOS). IMO PC is the best platform for gaming. I'd understand if you disagree but do not say that consoles OVERPOWER PCs with better games when it is actually opposite.

MohWarfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MohWarfighter
Thank you guys! I gonna buy a PC.
IAAGguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IAAGguy

Thank you guys! I gonna buy a PC.MohWarfighter

When you find one that catches your eye post it on the forums to see if it can play the games you are looking foward to playing, just to be safe :).

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Stinger78
Thank you guys! I gonna buy a PC.MohWarfighter
You might want to post in the PC Hardware forum before you make any purchase.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="Basinboy"]

ghstbstr

i feel like you don't know what you are talking about.
Vidpci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vidpci
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

I think it's more important to have a solid gaming pc first and the consoles second. Don't go out and buy a gaming pc though, build it. Companies that sell pre built pcs are a joke.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
And PS4 won't have the exclusive games Sony provides, ever.Basinboy
Um.....What!?!?!? :shock:
bronze_earth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bronze_earth
Member since 2011 • 112 Posts

Get a PS4 because soon after buying a pc you will end up having to update all your gfx drivers and hope you have no problems. many games you expect to run on your pc wont be up to the task at full spec unless your buying a monster PC,in that case its pointless asking us poor people who cant go over a grand for a PC and that's pushing it.

if you want bang for your buck get a ps4 at least all the games that come out for it are as good if not better than pc at the start,also you wont need to be worried about ram.os.gfx card etc etc as its all under the one roof on ps4 with no further upgrades.

Sure get a PC to play games on just don't dismiss the ps4......ever.

PS4... please insert disc

PC..... please update direct x,update OS,update gfx drivers,fix new update with a patch that messed up your first update, reboot PC after a million crashes because of outdated drivers......get all this done and find your £1200 PC can only handle low settings in games you could be shagging on a ps4 they look that good.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
Get a gaming PC,it´s the best single gaming system you can get.
MohWarfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MohWarfighter
Thank you for all awsers guys!
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I am getting PS4. I recommend PS4. I'm not much of a PC gamer. 

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

[QUOTE="Basinboy"]

ghstbstr

Good point about PC not ALWAYS running better - there are instances of piss poor ports and unoptimized games. PC losing its reputation as a gaming platform? If anything, it has been gaining that reputation. Hell, consoles are straight up using off the shelf PC parts for their architecture now and Steam only grows larger each year.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
PS4
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts
[QUOTE="Basinboy"] Good point about PC not ALWAYS running better - there are instances of piss poor ports and unoptimized games. PC losing its reputation as a gaming platform? If anything, it has been gaining that reputation. Hell, consoles are straight up using off the shelf PC parts for their architecture now and Steam only grows larger each year.

Okay if it wasn't for Steam the PC would be losing its popularity as a game machine. I have Steam and I like it, and I even missed this years summer sale. Oh well, there is always the winter sale. This generation and the upcoming generation of consoles are basically PC type gaming machines that don't use the current components as a PC for gaming could.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="ghstbstr"][QUOTE="Basinboy"] Good point about PC not ALWAYS running better - there are instances of piss poor ports and unoptimized games. PC losing its reputation as a gaming platform? If anything, it has been gaining that reputation. Hell, consoles are straight up using off the shelf PC parts for their architecture now and Steam only grows larger each year.

Okay if it wasn't for Steam the PC would be losing its popularity as a game machine. I have Steam and I like it, and I even missed this years summer sale. Oh well, there is always the winter sale. This generation and the upcoming generation of consoles are basically PC type gaming machines that don't use the current components as a PC for gaming could.

if it wasn't for playstation sonys gaming division would suck! -.-
TH3H0LYSP1RIT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TH3H0LYSP1RIT
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
PS4 becuase its easier,cheaper,and has exculsives
MohWarfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MohWarfighter
PC have exclusives too like WaW and GW2.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

PC

-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

I'm actually in a similar spot as you mate, I told myself since the next gen is upon us I figured it was time to either buy a new high end pc and get games for cheap on steam or spend less on the intial cost of a ps4 but spend 60$ a pop for games, and I decided to go for the PC, I feel like I'll get a lot more value despite the intial cost being more than a console. And now that I've decided this, I'm super excited to get a new pc :) I just have to save up the dough now to get to the point where I can afford it, which should be around the time that the ps4 comes out.

Avatar image for AbstractRadical
AbstractRadical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AbstractRadical
Member since 2013 • 632 Posts
I would say why not both, it is easy to build a good gaming pc for cheap.
bronze_earth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bronze_earth

I have a laptop that can handle anything but I never buy games for it as it does my head in having to update and install patches etc etc I just got Arma3 installed and it runs at full spec....great gfx...great concept....shlt online,hackers,coders,scripters and wankers fill that game and that's even through steam. I never play the game even tho my lappy handles it,the hassle just isn't worth my time.

As for building your own pc sure if you have the know how but don't expect a smooth time of it not able to take it back to the place you bought it because of failing parts.

I think pc is on the way out as any kind of game platform and as the latest consoles become more than capable of producing the quality we want from a pc without the hassle I say bring it on.

my laptop is i7 3630qm 16 gig ram gtx 675m, 2 hdd x 500 gig. so its a capable yet unimpressive machine.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MethodManFTW
I think pc is on the way out as any kind of game platform bronze_earth
Steam is bigger than ever. :O
bronze_earth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bronze_earth

[QUOTE="bronze_earth"]I think pc is on the way out as any kind of game platform MethodManFTW

You take one line out of context to make your point?...as I said...steam is not doing so good,it just got Arma 3 hacked into,all the users account data the usual...so yeah ok "steam is bigger woohoo" I closed my steam account after reading about it getting hacked.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MethodManFTW

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="bronze_earth"]I think pc is on the way out as any kind of game platform bronze_earth

You take one line out of context to make your point?...as I said...steam is not doing so good,it just got Arma 3 hacked into,all the users account data the usual...so yeah ok "steam is bigger woohoo" I closed my steam account after reading about it getting hacked.

Arma 3 isn't out yet. Also, Steam has nothing to do with Arma 3 getting hacked. That would be on bohemia interactive. And yes, steam is bigger than ever, as far as sales and user accounts go. Anything else?
dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 dylan417
Member since 2008 • 5195 Posts

A PS4 if you want games.

I don't understand why people will die defending PC gaming. So graphics and performance are a little better? So what? How about enjoying more games?

If you buy a gaming PC, you will be spending an arm and a leg only to find out that in a couple of years, your setup won't be par to play Starcraft III or whatever game it might be.

If you buy a PS4, it will have power that won't be fully realized until 2016. If you buy a gaming PC, you won't be able to play a certain game in 2016 without coughing up more cash.

OoCracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42 OoCracker

The only reason I am posting an answer in this thread is that I am also kind of hesitant whether to go for a ps4 or a nice pc.. I am a die hard sony fan .. owned every console they made .. and i gotta say .. tons of good old times .. yet .. if i calculate the amount of money i have spent over the years to play sony games .. or buy their move extensions and that stuff .. it simply cud sum up to the price of the car of my dreams :D .. in addition to the fact that i am a graphics abuser .. I ADORE NICE GRAPHICS in gameplay .. I played mgs 4 like 20 times just coz of the graphics (at that time of course)... pcs offer much better graphics and thats a fact !! and that overpowers the ps4 to say the least ... pcs r more expensive i agree but its worth the investment .. u do tons of stuff with a good reliable pc .. so its a win win situation .. also no fees to play online or ps plus sub. and yep pc games r a dime cheaper than ps4s .. and u wudnt have to buy sony's gadgets along the way to make the experience more immersive or wat so ever .. the only advantage of having a ps4 is sony's exclusives .. those r rlly amazing .. i am still confused .... will i betray sony the coming years and switch to pc? i dont know .. part of me is thinkin logic and the other part is just fan based :D

amakusa2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By amakusa2007
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

pc, if you are going for the better graphics. But don't forget about the game itself because it is the main thing that brings you fun. For me, I will buy both systems, and the PC will be mostly for FPS games.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#44  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

Both. Console for exclusives, and it's own unique gaming experience, and PC for better graphics, and also Steam. = )

But, bear in mind that your gaming PC will need upgrading, which will cost you many dollars, in the near future. Aside from economics, you will need to take good care of your PC, and invest your time. It could be frustrating. I remember, whenever a new game was released, all I could think about was whether or not it would run nice and smooth on my PC. = )

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Then it may be best to buy both. Playstation 4 for Sony's exclusives so if you have many Playstation series you enjoy from generations past. PS4 is you best bet. But a great gaming PC could do you for everything else. So if you can get both for the 8th Generation. You would have to construct your own gaming PC in order to save money. Since something as Alienware gaming PC are expensive.

So both is the way to go. If you can Otherwise PS4 first and a great PC later.

OoCracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By OoCracker

about getting both .... the only reason for me to get the ps4 is for the exclusives ... however .. the fact that u'd have to upgrade ur high end specs. pc is strange a bit .. lets say both the ps4 and a pc have the same specs ... the question wud be .. cud u upgrade ur ps4? i think not !! .. still yet the new games will be designed to suit the ps4 .. same thing for a pc .. why wud u need to upgrade a pc? .. hmm even if we consider that the new pc games r being released to suit better hardware .. well, u dont have to max. out the game's graphics !! i'd stick to the resolution and setting that my already high end pc cud manage, to get the same results i'd get from the non upgradable ps4 .. and that is acceptable enough for me

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#47  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

@oocracker said:

about getting both .... the only reason for me to get the ps4 is for the exclusives ... however .. the fact that u'd have to upgrade ur high end specs. pc is strange a bit .. lets say both the ps4 and a pc have the same specs ... the question wud be .. cud u upgrade ur ps4? i think not !! .. still yet the new games will be designed to suit the ps4 .. same thing for a pc .. why wud u need to upgrade a pc? .. hmm even if we consider that the new pc games r being released to suit better hardware .. well, u dont have to max. out the game's graphics !! i'd stick to the resolution and setting that my already high end pc cud manage, to get the same results i'd get from the non upgradable ps4 .. and that is acceptable enough for me

You simply cannot get the best out of your PC, if you do not invest your time and money on it. It's a fact that your PC will be gradually outdated, if you stop upgrading it. It's not all about the quality of the graphics. Popular games, especially FPS games that everybody talks about, just won't run on an outdated, mediocre PC. Sometimes you cannot get away with making a few changes on a display options menu. = )

demonzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By demonzoo
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

If money isn't an issue, get them both.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#49 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@MohWarfighter said:
Hello everyone! I gonna buy something i can play many games on with great graphics without lag. I have PS3 but i will get something better with more games and much better graphics. Should i buy PS4 or PC? Thanks

Coolyfett says YES!

MoeAlza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MoeAlza
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts

Depends on your style. My PC is decent enough to run games smoothly yet I prefer consoles. No reason in asking anyone because each person has their own preference. I suggest you game on a gaming-pc to test it out (maybe a friends). If it suits you more than consoles, go for it - if not choose the console.