Share your MGS4 photos!! (56K warning!)

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

One of the features that was kinda useless in previous Metal Gear games has just become a little bit useful. I'm talking about the digital camera found in one of the briefings in MGS4. You can actually capture high quality photos and export them to your HDD and share them with your friends.

The camera operates in two modes: 1P (first person shots - this takes over for your weapon; press R1 to take a picture), or 2P (the second controller can be used to take third-person pictures by pressing R1). Switch between these two modes by pressing Circle while in the Item menu.

To get your photos out of the game:

1. Main Menu > Photo Album
2. Select the photo you wish to export.
3. Play with the editing controls if you feel the need, then pick "Export"
4. Select "Normal Upload" for a full size picture.
5. Confirm that you want to export the photo.
6. You'll receive a confirmation that it's been exported. The file can be found in the Photos section of the XMB. Copy it off to a memory card or flash stick and do what you will!

I will start with my collection which I collected from other users at neogaf. See my second post.

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

damn i really need to play through mgs4 again and find those dolls and go into that model mode thing. I can't believe I've only played through it once and now its too hard cuz of school and all these other games.

I forgot to mention ... very nice pictures! love the beauties

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AgentH

damn i really need to play through mgs4 again and find those dolls and go into that model mode thing. I can't believe I've only played through it once and now its too hard cuz of school and all these other games.

navstar29

you could go through the model mode without having to collect the dolls. However, if yo do collect them, you'll get the solar gun which is an AWESOME gun. Unique in the Vamp fight.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Beautiful pictures! I don't think it's possible to get so much out of one game like MGS4 :D
thanos723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 thanos723
Member since 2006 • 871 Posts
you just blew my mind. thank you
mohammadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mohammadan
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts
[QUOTE="navstar29"]

AgentH

you could go through the model mode without having to collect the dolls. However, if yo do collect them, you'll get the solar gun which is an AWESOME gun. Unique in the Vamp fight.

What will happen during the fight with Vamp ???

jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts
haha great pics. My background is a photo I took with snake slitting a guards throat in the Middle East. but I have like 300 MGS photos.
jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="navstar29"]

mohammadan

the solar gun basically kills vamp excessively quickly.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AgentH

Beautiful pictures! I don't think it's possible to get so much out of one game like MGS4 :Dhazelnutman

You should see the topic at neogaf. 14 pages full of pictures. I loved the Digital Camera in the game ever since I saw the hundreds of pics. Once again, thank you Kojima for the least feature in this game. You have no idea how far this game is detailed. Just try to unlock everything possible and get all 70 weapons and have your own fun. Be creative when doing so though.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AgentH
[QUOTE="mohammadan"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="navstar29"]

jakndaxter7223

If you charge it up to the max, it will take him down with a single shot only. By the way, the solar gun is a very very useful weapon if you're aiming for the Big Boss emblem.

mohammadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mohammadan
[QUOTE="jakndaxter7223"][QUOTE="mohammadan"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="navstar29"]

AgentH

If you charge it up to the max, it will take him down with a single shot only. By the way, the solar gun is a very very useful weapon if you're aiming for the Big Boss emblem.

OMG ! MGS4 never stops impressing me. last night i finished it for the 3rd time in Big Boss difficulty, but you guys gave me more reasons to replay it.

btw it makes sense - killing a vampire with a solar gun-

thanx

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
Seeing those photos underscores what a damn fine looking game MGS4 really is... very nice...
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AgentH
[QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="jakndaxter7223"][QUOTE="mohammadan"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="navstar29"]

mohammadan

OMG ! MGS4 never stops impressing me. last night i finished it for the 3rd time in Big Boss difficulty, but you guys gave me more reasons to replay it.

thanx

I replayed it 14 times for other reasons too that you may not know about yet. I have actually milked the game and know the weaknesses of every single boss. I can finish off Crying Wolf in about 30 secs, Raging Raven 1 min, Rex vs Ray 2 mins, Vamp 10 secs. Every weapon in this game is unique and differs from one another if you actually know the correct time to use them. MGS4 FTW.
axel224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 axel224
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

hey check out my wierd pic:

Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
Those screens look amazing, man I should play it again
johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts

how did you get snake to hold the dual shock, and the picture of sunny and naomi, is that in the mission briefing?

Im playing through it again for the 5th time, Ive unlocked everything, Im just sniping all the guards till they all ran out of reinforcements, its takin forever though but its fun to snipe those guards

johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 johnlennon28
ow, I just realized, the picture of snake holding the dual shock, thats when hes controlling the markII isnt it?!
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AgentH

how did you get snake to hold the dual shock, and the picture of sunny and naomi, is that in the mission briefing?

Im playing through it again for the 5th time, Ive unlocked everything, Im just sniping all the guards till they all ran out of reinforcements, its takin forever though but its fun to snipe those guards

johnlennon28

it's when you switch the camera to 2D. You will be able to see Snake, as if someone was photographing Snake and not from a first person view point. When you see Snake, just get as close as possible and snap a picture when he has the Metal Gear Mark II equipped. Those pictures I collected were posted by many many MGS fans on NEOGAF. I need you guys to show me some of yours if you don't mind. I will be soon posting more pictures.

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts
Does the resolution the PS3 is set at determine the resolution of the pic? Because I dont want to have tiny 480p pictures....
-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts
Nice! Some of them were pretty funny and smexy
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AgentH

Does the resolution the PS3 is set at determine the resolution of the pic? Because I dont want to have tiny 480p pictures....bloodlust_101

well not really. Just post what you got and we'll see for ourselves.

BlocChaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BlocChaser
Member since 2007 • 171 Posts
[QUOTE="mohammadan"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="jakndaxter7223"][QUOTE="mohammadan"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="navstar29"]

AgentH

thanx

I replayed it 14 times for other reasons too that you may not know about. I have actually milked the game and know the weaknesses of every single boss. I can finish off Crying Wolf in about 30 secs, Raging Raven 1 min, Rex vs Ray 2 mins, Vamp 10 secs. Every weapon in this game is unique and differs from one another if you actually know the correct time to use them. MGS4 FTW.

Theres no way you can beat crying wolf in 30 seconds,5 minutes yeah, even in EXTREME, but 30 seconds, thats just BS.

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

[QUOTE="bloodlust_101"]Does the resolution the PS3 is set at determine the resolution of the pic? Because I dont want to have tiny 480p pictures....AgentH

well not really. Just post what you got and we'll see for ourselves.

K, but I cant get to my PS3 for a while though.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AgentH
[QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="mohammadan"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="jakndaxter7223"][QUOTE="mohammadan"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="navstar29"]

BlocChaser

thanx

I replayed it 14 times for other reasons too that you may not know about. I have actually milked the game and know the weaknesses of every single boss. I can finish off Crying Wolf in about 30 secs, Raging Raven 1 min, Rex vs Ray 2 mins, Vamp 10 secs. Every weapon in this game is unique and differs from one another if you actually know the correct time to use them. MGS4 FTW.

Theres no way you can beat crying wolf in 30 seconds,5 minutes yeah, even in EXTREME, but 30 seconds, thats just BS.

1) Prepare your grenade launcher(Raven's), switch it to stun grenades.(the picture of the weapon on the HUD should turn to blue.)
2) Prepare at least one smoke grenade.
3) Sneak near Crying Wolf and don't let her see you. If she sees you and fires at you the trick won't work.
4) When you're close enough, throw a smoke grenade in front of her, she should start coughing.
5) When she does cough, pick the grenade launcher and launch those stun grenade at her.

5 consecutive hits, and she's down. :D

BlocChaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BlocChaser
Member since 2007 • 171 Posts
Im gonna try that, seems crazy, but as some other boss battles can be easily won like u said, under a minute, ill give you the benefit of the doubt. Atleast until i try it and succeed myself ofcourse, not saying im going to beat your 30 sec kill just to see if i can beat my 5min record.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
After looking through your pics, I've just gotten a sudden urge to want to play through MGS4 again. Perhaps, I will once I get through The Witcher (PC). Screenshots look awesome and I had a good laugh from some of them.
zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 zeeerrr
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts

Heres some of mine

MIDDLEEASTREDZONE.jpg MGS44 picture by zeeerrr

MIDDLEEASTREDZONE_1.jpg MGS43 picture by zeeerrr

MIDDLEEASTREDZONE_2.jpg MGS42 picture by zeeerrr

MIDDLEEASTMILITIASAFEHOUSE.jpg mgs41 picture by zeeerrr

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
AgentH, can you post the link to the topic at neogaf on MGS4 pictures taken withe the digital camera... thanks in advance.
Aclar00_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Aclar00_basic
Member since 2002 • 906 Posts
Aclar00Aclar00Aclar00Aclar00Aclar00AClar00AClar00Aclar00Aclar00Aclar00Couple of my pics
ForsbergFan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ForsbergFan21
Member since 2003 • 2908 Posts

Looking at those pics makes me want to play MGS4 again. I did start a 2nd game and I was going for a no kill/no alert on liquid easy and I did make it to act 3 but stopped playing from there. I don't know, I think I got sucked back into World In Conflict online for the PC at that time.

I'm trying to beat a few games at the moment tho so MGS4 will probably have to wait.

mohammadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mohammadan
[QUOTE="BlocChaser"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="mohammadan"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="jakndaxter7223"][QUOTE="mohammadan"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="navstar29"]

AgentH

thanx

1) Prepare your grenade launcher(Raven's), switch it to stun grenades.(the picture of the weapon on the HUD should turn to blue.)
2) Prepare at least one smoke grenade.
3) Sneak near Crying Wolf and don't let her see you. If she sees you and fires at you the trick won't work.
4) When you're close enough, throw a smoke grenade in front of her, she should start coughing.
5) When she does cough, pick the grenade launcher and launch those stun grenade at her.

5 consecutive hits, and she's down. :D

I thought only the rail gun is THE BEST for all bosses :(

laptop12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 laptop12
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts
thoes looks funny and nice, the nineteenth
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
What's this "model mode" you speak of? How did you do your B&B ones like that?
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

did you rike it?

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

johnlennon28

you get The pictures of Sunny and Naomi automatically if you pick the camera in mission briefing of ACT4 Shadow Mosess from the Nomad upstairs. If you pick it in the early ACTS where it is downstairs behind Sunny's computer you will not get those pictures.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AgentH

AgentH, can you post the link to the topic at neogaf on MGS4 pictures taken withe the digital camera... thanks in advance.aka_aj03

NeoGaf

@
mohammadan:

No man, BIG guns aren't always the most powerful weapons. :P Use your imagination or should I say, try every damn weapon in this game. :D

@
Denji:

When you defeat the bosses in their beast form, don't kill the beauties, just wait around for like at least 3 mins and the easter egg will trigger. Then just pick up your camera and they will pose for you!

@ shabab12:

Yes I riked it but edit and fix your last link in your post, the last picture isn't showing up.

@ rest:

Gamespot kinda compressed the resolution of my pics, if you'd like to see them in high resolution(which I'd suggest you do) just right click on each one of them and save them on your desktop.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
AgentH you perv :P Cool pics XD
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#41 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
Lol I'm so bookmarking this, and thx for the info AgentH. :)
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AgentH

AgentH you perv :P Cool pics XDrogerjak

FYI, I didn't take those pictures. However, out of hundreds of pics on neogaf, I chose 83 pictures that I liked. And those beauties happen to be among them. :P

I will posting my own pictures VERY soon. Keep this bumped guys.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]AgentH you perv :P Cool pics XDAgentH

FYI, I didn't take those pictures. However, out of hundreds of pics on neogaf, I chose 83 pictures that I liked. And those beauties happen to be among them. :P

If you choose those...the ones you will take will be more awesome :P
poomonger613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 poomonger613
Member since 2006 • 1331 Posts

Man I really need a 1080p tv and play this game over again

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AgentH
[QUOTE="AgentH"]

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]AgentH you perv :P Cool pics XDrogerjak

If you choose those...the ones you will take will be more awesome :P

I already took some pictures a while back. I will be taking some more soon and post them here.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AgentH

My pictures I took a while back. Will be posting some new pictures soon.

johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 johnlennon28
[QUOTE="johnlennon28"]

Star650

you get The pictures of Sunny and Naomi automatically if you pick the camera in mission briefing of ACT4 Shadow Mosess from the Nomad upstairs. If you pick it in the early ACTS where it is downstairs behind Sunny's computer you will not get those pictures.

ow, so that means i have to start a new game save? since if I load the old game save, it would already have a camera after I meet the mark II...???

liamabob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 liamabob
Member since 2004 • 1723 Posts
Some of my pics :)

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AgentH
@ liamabob:

I see you pay attention to details aswell. I love your otacon pics and that pmc soldier crawling and waiting.
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
[QUOTE="Star650"][QUOTE="johnlennon28"]

johnlennon28

ow, so that means i have to start a new game save? since if I load the old game save, it would already have a camera after I meet the mark II...???

Yep if you have picked the camera in the early ACTS those pictures of Sunny and Naomi will not show in you picture collection. if you want them you need to start a new game and pick the camera in ACT4 mission briefing, although I don't think it is worth starting from zero for those unless you want them badly.