Series that shouldn't continue

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jojo198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 jojo198
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts

What games series do you think that should never continue? Crysis game is so buggy and unfinished so i need that game to end its production. Call of Duty is a copy and past product what i heard, so that game should end its production too.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Resident Evil it's time to lay the series to rest, since 4 it hasn't been a survival horror which it's surposed to be so lets put it to rest and stop using the name to sell average third person shooters.

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#3 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Metal Gear Solid, at least until I saw Ground Zeroes, because now I need that game.

I was a big fan of MGS back in the day, even so much as playing through and enjoying Metal Gear Acid. I thought at first that it should've just closed out with MGS4, and really didn't see the need for spin offs like Rising, but yeah like I said, Ground Zeroes needs to come out now.

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

I don't see any reason to wish a series dead. If people are enjoying and buying them, then by all means, continue.

Dysantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Dysantic
Member since 2003 • 1624 Posts
Madden... Or at least the EA stranglehold on the NFL license so I can play a football game again. I refuse and always will refuse to buy any Madden game because I: 1. hate the franchise because 2k was much better 2. dislike the gameplay since it feels so unrealistic 3. just all around dislike EA Honorable mention would have to go to the GTA series. Maybe not stop it completely, but I think it's time for a re-imagining since many games have come out since GTA4 that did the open world, crime sim much better. Saints Row to name one...
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Basically anyting that has a #4 and above in the title should be stopped.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Resident Evil, Uncharted, Mario Kart, Mario Party, God of War, Call of Duty

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Call of Duty

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

only title I can think of at the moment is Call of Duty

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

Any bethesda game on a console. And every single nintendo game.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
God of War. The first game was fantastic but they've all gone way downhill in my opinion from a story standpoint. It would have been much better off as a one and done.
arsenal1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 arsenal1111
Member since 2004 • 168 Posts
God of War. The first game was fantastic but they've all gone way downhill in my opinion from a story standpoint. It would have been much better off as a one and done.Texas2089
As a one and done? Thank god you have absolutely no say on the God of War franchise. The first one left so many questions unanswered that it would have been a disaster were they not to make the second and third game. Not to mention that they had such a huge mythology to work with that it would have been criminal not to have future games to expand on said mythology. The second and third game did this excellent and I, for one, am extremely happy they made these two games. Although, the new God of War game seems unwarranted and I have not played the Origin games released on the PS3 from the PSP so I can't comment on them.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
[QUOTE="Texas2089"]God of War. The first game was fantastic but they've all gone way downhill in my opinion from a story standpoint. It would have been much better off as a one and done.arsenal1111
As a one and done? Thank god you have absolutely no say on the God of War franchise. The first one left so many questions unanswered that it would have been a disaster were they not to make the second and third game. Not to mention that they had such a huge mythology to work with that it would have been criminal not to have future games to expand on said mythology. The second and third game did this excellent and I, for one, am extremely happy they made these two games. Although, the new God of War game seems unwarranted and I have not played the Origin games released on the PS3 from the PSP so I can't comment on them.

Well then it was a disaster either way because the stories in GoW II and III were terrible. III did the best it could to make up for the atrocity that was GoW II's story, but was still pretty bad in it's own right compared to the first game.
187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

Dead or Alive, Tekken - Always hated that block fighter look and play style since the Virtua fighter arcade days.

Gran Turismo - The original was great back in the day for a new racer but now it's basically the same old game with a new number.

Mass effect - Boring watered down and overrated cover shooter, could never get into this series. They need to bring back the rpg elements from the first and the day one DLC on ME3 which was on-disc was an insult to any gamer with common sense.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
[QUOTE="Dysantic"]Madden... Or at least the EA stranglehold on the NFL license so I can play a football game again. I refuse and always will refuse to buy any Madden game because I: 1. hate the franchise because 2k was much better 2. dislike the gameplay since it feels so unrealistic 3. just all around dislike EA Honorable mention would have to go to the GTA series. Maybe not stop it completely, but I think it's time for a re-imagining since many games have come out since GTA4 that did the open world, crime sim much better. Saints Row to name one...

I would love it if EA alternated between sports franchises every year. Ex: Every even year, release Madden and NHL, and every odd year, Release FIFA and NBA Live (that way they'd actually put out a new NBA game for once).
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#16 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Never continue? None. A nice long hiatus? Several.

-

RE

Uncharted

Madden

FF

to name a few.

-

None deserve to be brought out back for a date with the Winchester, but they definitely need a breather.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Madden. Or at least the NFL exclusive license it has should end. Some competition from someone else (likely 2K) would be great. As it is right now Madden is pretty much just resting on its laurels and not innovating enough.

danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts

I don't see any reason to wish a series dead. If people are enjoying and buying them, then by all means, continue.

lazyathew
I think the point is every good story needs to a end at some point, u don't want to drag on the story. I hear lots of people wanting InFAMOUS 3, I thought the ended so perfectly, if they make another one it might ruin the story.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I don't see the need for a sequel in games like Resistance, Medal of Honor, Infamous, and maybe Call of Duty (though that still makes plenty of money so I'm sure it will continue for awhile).

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Whatever popular game that I don't like.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

God of War- I think that a remake of GoW1 for its 10 year anniversary would be cool, but that is it

Assassin's Creed needs a breather after 3 aswell

Ratchet and Clank- needed a breather after Crack in Time- arguably before- but still going

Uncharted doesn't need a new game

Metal Gear- peace walker felt totally unnecessary - I hope Ground Zeroes is good, if not, Kojima/ Konami need to give the series a rest. Actually if it is good they should still give it a rest

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#22 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
COD for me, but they will still sell like hot waffles
ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts

God Of War - As much as I love the series it's getting a little out of hand with the prequels

Assassin's Creed - After number 3 wraps up the Desmond story Arc the series needs to take a hiatus.

Uncharted - This series is over no more games needed.

LittleBigPlanet - This series needs to take a break until next gen.

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
assassins creed, grand theft auto, resident evil, god of war
risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts

All series should end. WE NEED NEW IP's

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Any games that I don't like since I am, obviously, the ultimate authority on quality and taste. Anyone who disagrees with me is clearly wrong and is not a serious gamer.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Resident Evil

Final Fantasy

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#28 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Crysis buggy? Never had any issues...

Anyway, Call of Duty because the multiplayer gets swarmed thick and fast with complete dorks, and Resident Evil because of the disastrous latest instalment.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

God of War. The first game was fantastic but they've all gone way downhill in my opinion from a story standpoint. It would have been much better off as a one and done.Texas2089

God of War III was the best one... no one plays GoW games for story...

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Almost everything to be honest. Some of it is in a negative light (Resident Evil) but some of them just should stop before they get too tiresome (Uncharted) or feel like they are being stretched. We can always do something fresh and that's what I want to see.
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

Mass effect - Boring watered down and overrated cover shooter, could never get into this series. They need to bring back the rpg elements from the first and the day one DLC on ME3 which was on-disc was an insult to any gamer with common sense.187umKILLAH

I have to totally disagree on that, as the Mass Effect games are some of the best games ever. So, umm... GTH! FO! FU! Haha.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

[QUOTE="187umKILLAH"]Mass effect - Boring watered down and overrated cover shooter, could never get into this series. They need to bring back the rpg elements from the first and the day one DLC on ME3 which was on-disc was an insult to any gamer with common sense.ghstbstr

I have to totally disagree on that, as the Mass Effect games are some of the best games ever. So, umm... GTH! FO! FU! Haha.

lol go ahead and disagree I don't mind, it doesn't change my opinion at all. I think it's the worst and most overrated series this gen, ain't nothing gonna change my mind on that certainly not some butt hurt fanboy :P

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
FINAL FANTASY! I know its not one consistent story/timeline/universe but I think we've had enough, the last good FF game was probably FF10 (depends on your view), the new games aren't that great and the spin offs are even worse, it's time for SE to drop it and work on something new. aaannd Devil May Cry, the new one, yeah that one, it needs to die before it even comes out. I'm not against the game itself I'm against calling it a DMC game, it should have been a new IP, but Capcom seems to have a phobia of new IPs at the moment.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

[QUOTE="arsenal1111"][QUOTE="Texas2089"]God of War. The first game was fantastic but they've all gone way downhill in my opinion from a story standpoint. It would have been much better off as a one and done.Texas2089

Well then it was a disaster either way because the stories in GoW II and III were terrible. III did the best it could to make up for the atrocity that was GoW II's story, but was still pretty bad in it's own right compared to the first game.

Let's not forget that the gameplay is a load of shallow, repetitive crap in every entry.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

FINAL FANTASY! I know its not one consistent story/timeline/universe but I think we've had enough, the last good FF game was probably FF10 (depends on your view)
No sh*t it depends on your view.
the new games aren't that great and the spin offs are even worse, it's time for SE to drop it and work on something new.
They make other things besides FF and you admitted yourself that it's not one consistent story/timeline/universe/gameplay, so what would be the point of this?
aaannd Devil May Cry, the new one, yeah that one, it needs to die before it even comes out. I'm not against the game itself I'm against calling it a DMC game, it should have been a new IP, but Capcom seems to have a phobia of new IPs at the moment.mav_destroyer

So you want to a game to die because of its name and not based on anything of substance? Okay.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="Texas2089"]God of War. The first game was fantastic but they've all gone way downhill in my opinion from a story standpoint. It would have been much better off as a one and done.StealthMonkey4

God of War III was the best one... no one plays GoW games for story...

I know I've always played the 'God of War' games because they're just good aggressive fun. The story's never been more than a paper thin justification for the action. Story is fine, I can even enjoy a game with a good story, but the gameplay comes first. Then again I came up in an era when no game had a story that was more than a mere paper-thin justification for the action.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

[QUOTE="mav_destroyer"]FINAL FANTASY! I know its not one consistent story/timeline/universe but I think we've had enough, the last good FF game was probably FF10 (depends on your view)
No sh*t it depends on your view.
the new games aren't that great and the spin offs are even worse, it's time for SE to drop it and work on something new.
They make other things besides FF and you admitted yourself that it's not one consistent story/timeline/universe/gameplay, so what would be the point of this?
aaannd Devil May Cry, the new one, yeah that one, it needs to die before it even comes out. I'm not against the game itself I'm against calling it a DMC game, it should have been a new IP, but Capcom seems to have a phobia of new IPs at the moment.Pffrbt

So you want to a game to die because of its name and not based on anything of substance? Okay.

oh look a troll! Hi!
gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
I feel Final Fantasy is a series that needs a lot of help to get on the right track or it just needs to be stopped. I know I may be in minority for this but I think Grand Theft Auto needs to end or really change things up. It's pretty much the same game since GTA3 but add new features in a new city. Other than that, it's the same; Get in cars, run wild on the city, do missions for crime lords, do even more missions for other crime lords. Just feels like you're an arrond boy. I think GTA can be shaped differently and still have fun if they don't stick you in an arrond boy position in GTA5. Honestly it feels like I have been playing the same GTA game I played before but in a new enviornment with some minor additions. Story has never really been entertaining in GTA games.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
My answers are in this thread that was already started and is the same thread you just started. http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29297598/series-that-shouldve-continued
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts
Final Fantasy: Unless Square Enix re-evaluate this absolute of a joke direction they are moving towards then I think its time to end the whole thing. Resident evil: same as above above. Uncharted: needs to take a really long break and return sometime during the end of the ps4 era, I think Naughty Dog should concentrate on some fresh new IP's, TLOU is looking amazing and that's the direction they need to to be moving in. God of War: I think SCE Santa Monica needs to take a long break and think of a new fresh concept for this, it just feels like the same game over and over, I'd like to see a new concept to it like more open environments? new character? kratos is getting a bit boring tbh. Assassins Creed: AC3 actually looks amazing imo but still after this I think they should put there focus on a new IP at least for the time being but I definitely would like to see more some time next gen. As for other console exclusives I think Halo and Mario are the 2 IP's that should be discontinued permanently, but seeing as there cash cows I don't think they ever will.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
I love the the first two Dead Space games and i would love to see a 3rd one but just not the way its looking now with them taking a more action road. the same thing happened with Resident Evil although I loved number 4 and thought 5 was still alright but its just not what Resident Evil should be, Like how banana milkshake doesn't really taste like banana but its still nice.
zyphyr2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 zyphyr2k12
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts

I hate to say it, as much as I love the games but the Ratchet and Clank series needs a break. There was like, 11 games in 10 years for it. That's worse than Madden, CoD, Mario, etc etc yet you never really hear anyone talk about how many of the games there are. I think it should be stopped until the next playstation and then just make 3. 3 games in a series a generation is enough.

snesmast4r2260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 snesmast4r2260
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
the gow series is good but with co op being added in the next installment coming up ..hmmph not a good choice. i smell dlc cookin// any1else?? BTW KRATOS IS EPIC
snesmast4r2260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 snesmast4r2260
UMM?scuse me sir i love the god of wsr story.. not good speak for yourself
snesmast4r2260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 snesmast4r2260
i love ucharted but crissakes 3 games thats just fine for a bit. resident evil duh/cod DOUBLE DUH/ hmm jak 4 is what we need
LOTOEX88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LOTOEX88
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Too damn many to name! We need some original IPs thankfully we have dishonored!

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#47 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

some one obviously has not played resident evil revelations , that said i m going with call of duty my self as tc said it is a copy and paste product , though i preordered the wii u version , but still , i wish 007 legends was a launch game for wii u other wise i wouldnt be even buying cod that fast , but ok , that said call of duty is the one series i hope stops soon , im tired of it , people claiming the 007 franchise has not done this done that when actually if it wasnt for goldeneye the thing known as call of duty wouldnt even be on consoles