This topic is locked from further discussion.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

I liked Saw 1 and 3 (Although 3 was way too violent IMO) and I also liked Silent Hill Homecoming and since this looks fairly similar I was wondering... is this game worth it? I can get it for 40 bucks new here in Mexico (That's cheap for that game -_- ).

Also, how long is it and does it uses the Sixaxis?

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I have heard nothing good about that game, at all. I would save that 40 bucks for a better purchase.
tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts
no! it feels sooo last gen
MonkaTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 MonkaTG
Member since 2006 • 2596 Posts

there are far better games that u can get for $40.. its a fun game at times... kinda creepy at times but in the long run its shallow and lame.. def worth a rent especially if your into trophies as this game is easy to platinum

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#5 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

The game is underrated, its a very good game. Of course, it helps if you have a good idea of what the films are about. Get it!

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KillerJuan77

How long is it? I usually take my time to finish each game (It took me 10-12 hours to finish Mirror's Edge on normal).

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Venom_Raptor

How long is it? I usually take my time to finish each game (It took me 10-12 hours to finish Mirror's Edge on normal).

KillerJuan77

Um.. about 11 hours when I played it. There are many puzzle sections, and your bound to find some tricky ;)

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts
I have heard nothing good about that game, at all. I would save that 40 bucks for a better purchase. Sepewrath
This. Saw is just a piece of trash made for the casual's.
Avatar image for TroubleMaker411
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 TroubleMaker411
Member since 2009 • 1445 Posts

It was terrible.

I rented it to have a go (being a fan of ALL SIX saw movies, i had to give it a go)

it was a complete let down. don't bother mate, honestly.

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts

I always wondered what person would buy the Saw game, has anyone bought this?

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

p2250

i bought it. I thought it was fine, nothing special but a good different kind of game.

I plat it and sold it. EASY Plat.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I have heard nothing good about that game, at all. I would save that 40 bucks for a better purchase. pete_merlin

Casuals meaning what exactly?

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

p2250

I bought it for $13. I tought it was decent personally, at least for a bargain bin game. It was good enough I'll be looking for Saw II when it's $13. :D

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 2Chalupas

[QUOTE="pete_merlin"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I have heard nothing good about that game, at all. I would save that 40 bucks for a better purchase. Venom_Raptor

Casuals meaning what exactly?

LOL. That'w what I was thinking. What "casual" gamer would even notice Saw existed on PS3/360?

I must have missed the Saw party games mode.;)

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KillerJuan77

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I have heard nothing good about that game, at all. I would save that 40 bucks for a better purchase. pete_merlin

Saw seems way more hardcore than your average shooter, at least you have to solve puzzles, most games nowadays are just a fricking hallway with lots of enemies and regen-health. Call of Duty/Killzone 2/Gears of War are casual IMO.

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

[QUOTE="pete_merlin"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I have heard nothing good about that game, at all. I would save that 40 bucks for a better purchase. KillerJuan77

Saw seems way more hardcore than your average shooter, at least you have to solve puzzles, most games nowadays are just a fricking hallway with lots of enemies and regen-health. Call of Duty/Killzone 2/Gears of War are casual IMO.

SAW isn't a shooter. Its a linear adventure game filled with time based puzzles and traps. You stomp out a few bad guys but only a few of them. No game really resembles it, but that doesn't mean its not fun.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 2Chalupas

[QUOTE="KillerJuan77"]

[QUOTE="pete_merlin"] This. Saw is just a piece of trash made for the casual's. jjivey

SAW isn't a shooter. Its a linear adventure game filled with time based puzzles and traps. You stomp out a few bad guys but only a few of them. No game really resembles it, but that doesn't mean its not fun.

This is true. By the end of the game the puzzles are a beyotch especially the ones where the room is filling with gas and you have to solve like 4 increasingly difficult puzzles to escape. The last two puzzles you almost need an electrical engineering degree to complete, OK, not really, but given the time pressures they are pretty tough for the first couple attempts (unless you are just really good at puzzles).

This game is no shooter. Actually I don't recall if you even get a gun in the game, usually you are swinging random objects (table lamp, mop handle, bat, table leg, etc). The combat is by far the weakest thing, very "clunky" controls. However the atmosphere really wins, and the "trip wires" that blow your head off with a shotgun were the most deadly "enemy" in the game for me. Some might have found that instant death annoying, but it fit in perfectly with the Saw theme.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#19 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I didn't think SAW was that bad it could have been a lot worse it does have some good puzzles which I have had some difficult times with especially where Jigsaw makes you do 4 hard puzzles with a timer on which I nearly done only to be killed by a wire trap which annoyed me. The worst part about the game is the combat because it's just far too slow but I enjoyed the game for the puzzles and Jigsaw was actually entertaining. But for a game based on a movie it's pretty decent and this is coming from someone who has no interest in the SAW movies.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

[QUOTE="p2250"]

2Chalupas

I bought it for $13. I tought it was decent personally, at least for a bargain bin game. It was good enough I'll be looking for Saw II when it's $13. :D

Lol how you found it that cheap, the cheapest i found it for was around 19-20

Sheena321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sheena321
Member since 2006 • 7489 Posts
tbh, unless it don't interest me at all .. yea, maybe if it was in the bargin bin .. but itd have to be real cheap, think ill pass really.
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KillerJuan77

I just got it, I like it, the puzzles are challenging too, it took me 2 tries to remove the reverse bear trap from my head.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 2Chalupas

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

[QUOTE="p2250"]

realistic44

Lol how you found it that cheap, the cheapest i found it for was around 19-20

Gamespot had it as part of their "gamedays sale". There was one day of the sale that in addition to the game being 19.99, they also had a 20% coupon, a 10% coupon, and on top of that a $10 credit for "first 2000 orders". The unusual thing was all of those coupons were stackable on top of each other, which is almost NEVER the case with gamespot. For one day all those deals were stackable. Saw wasn't the only game i got, i loaded up with COD4, World at War, IL-2 Sturmovik, Disgaea 3, Blazlue, Resident Evil Gold... hell I even got Madagascar Karts. :D. For the games that were regularly on sale for 19.99, after factoring in the coupons they were 13 and change after tax.

sergemyster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sergemyster8
Member since 2006 • 1749 Posts

If you're into games like that, but there's way better games out there.