RSS feeds via psp

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BettyBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BettyBot
Member since 2004 • 1195 Posts
I'm familiar with RSS feeds, I'm not a complete noob.  I also know that the GameSpot RSS feeds, (at least for the Hot Spot), haven't worked for a while and I've given up on them.  HOwever, my psp will successfully go to sites like twit.tv and I've subscribed to a couple of their feeds but whenever I try to play any of them the same page refreshes and nothing else happens.

Can someone who has been successfully reading/listening to RSS feeds on their psp give me some advice on how to make them work properly?

kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts
Well the hotspot should work. As for your other problem it sounds as if you are trying to listen/view the podcast from within the browser. If that's the case then what you need to do is visit the RSS channel view icon and use to listen/view the podcast. You should see all of the subscribed to podcasts listed in the RSS channel viewer.
BettyBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BettyBot
No, I do not try to listen to the feed through the browser.  I go to the RSS channel section from the psp main home page.  My problem is something else. 

Anyone?  Anyone?  Since the person above seems to think the HotSpot rss works can someone who has successfully listened to it via rss on their psp tell me how it works for them, please?  
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts
I have around 15 audio and video RSS and channels and they all work faultless. If its audio you can stream it from the icon, you have to make sure you added the channel and make sure it contains files, sometimes they update weekly and the files are deleted so it won't come up. I had a few where nothing comes up but most well known podcasts like 'the psp show' and 'on the spot' work fine for me.
Deadly_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Deadly_B
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
I'm not sure what the problem you are having is, but I have no problems using feeds that are set up in a way that is compatible with the PSP. I also use RSS feeds to access my own music, videos, and photos and those all work fine too.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
I'm not sure what the problem you are having is, but I have no problems using feeds that are set up in a way that is compatible with the PSP. I also use RSS feeds to access my own music, videos, and photos and those all work fine too.Deadly_B
Thought we can't use the RSS feeds to look at news and stuff :(.
fvjonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fvjonj
Member since 2003 • 661 Posts

I too haven't had problems with the HotSpot feed. At least not for a long time. I wonder if somehow your feed data has become corrupt. Have you tried deleting the feed and re-subscribing?

Since most audio podcasts are quite small in size, I tend to download them rather than stream them. When I do download them, they show up under their own folders under the music icon.

Is this what you're seeing? 

BettyBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BettyBot
I'm going to try to see if I can't get today's HOtSpot to work for me. I'll try downloading this time instead of streaming. I still don't know why I can't listen to the podcasts from twit.tv though. I've subscribed to a few of their podcasts but there are never any files in the RSS channel section. This is the twit.tv I'm referring to. They have lots of great tech info so you'd think they'd be savy enough to have the RSS work properly - it must be something I'm not doing right or a problem with the psp. (I have tried unsubscribing and resubscribing). Thanks for the replies, btw!
fvjonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fvjonj
Member since 2003 • 661 Posts

I'm going to try to see if I can't get today's HOtSpot to work for me. I'll try downloading this time instead of streaming. I still don't know why I can't listen to the podcasts from twit.tv though. I've subscribed to a few of their podcasts but there are never any files in the RSS channel section. This is the twit.tv I'm referring to. They have lots of great tech info so you'd think they'd be savy enough to have the RSS work properly - it must be something I'm not doing right or a problem with the psp. (I have tried unsubscribing and resubscribing). Thanks for the replies, btw!BettyBot

Thanks for the link. I gave twit a try and I was able to get the a podcast to work, both streaming and downloading. Here is what I did:

- I chose, "The Tech Guy" link just as a test.

- On that page I chose, "RSS" from the, "Subscribe" dropdown. (Note: in order for this to work you'll need Javascript turned on on your PSP) It took a little time for the PSP to bring up the confirmation screen. I confirmed it and exited the browser.

- I then went to RSS in the XMB (Cross Media Bar) and found the, "The Tech Guy" feed.

- I clicked on it and waited. I took about a minute for the podcast to start streaming for me. Downloading was about the same time to startup.

I hope this helps diagnose the problem you're having.

You may also try deleting your RSSCH folder to externally clean out your feeds. 

trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
No, I do not try to listen to the feed through the browser.  I go to the RSS channel section from the psp main home page.  My problem is something else. 

Anyone?  Anyone?  Since the person above seems to think the HotSpot rss works can someone who has successfully listened to it via rss on their psp tell me how it works for them, please?  BettyBot
you might wanna try and visit the page on your computer then when the rss script shows just type in the url on the psp and that should work