Resonance Of Fate (very underrated)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

I recently had this game delivered to me yesterday ordered it from amazon.com for about 18 bucks and i have to say this game is FANTASTIC! i cant believe more people havent really spoken about it. It reminds me a mix of valkyria chroincals (the stratgedy side) and parasiteve eve (gameplay wise). I think the learning curve to the game is extremely over exaggerated. Its not that diffucult it took me about an 45 mins to fully get the concept of the game. The boss battles can be a challenge but even if you lose a bunch of times you dont really get mad the game is that fun.

Anyway im just suggesting this game to any RPG fan specially if you are into Valkyria Chorinicals

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts

I've wanted to pick up this game for awhile now, but I have to many game's right now and I've started to go off JRPG's. But I might pick it up soon as its pretty cheap where I live.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
Found it used for 50 bucks a week after it came out, still haven't played it though.
BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

yeah I really love the game as well its very well made. But it just gets harder and harder as you go on. I'm currently stuck on the 14th chapter I cant even get to the boss

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I've been saying this ever since the game was released. It's a great game and one of the best RPGs on the PS3.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I've been saying this ever since the game was released. It's a great game and one of the best RPGs on the PS3.

yokofox33

Agree with him and IMO it's one of the best games this year too. I really got into this game, loved to dress up my characters, loved the hexes and the battle system was fresh and addicting ^^ The gun custom. part was great too :) My plat in this game speaks for itself ^^

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
It's my favorite JRPG this gen so far. One of my favorite games to come out this year.
vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

ArchoNils2

Agree with him and IMO it's one of the best games this year too. I really got into this game, loved to dress up my characters, loved the hexes and the battle system was fresh and addicting ^^ The gun custom. part was great too :) My plat in this game speaks for itself ^^

I agree with the both of you.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
how frustrating is the game?
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ArchoNils2

how frustrating is the game?funsohng

Depends on how fast you learn the mechanics. I remembe ra lot of guys here got very frustrated because they didn't understand how the entire system works. Actually the first thing you should do once you leave your hometown is visiting the optional arena to learn the mechanics in the tutorial. But once you got the hang of the system and you realised how you should get through the fights it gets rather easy.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

I've wanted to pick up this game for awhile now, but I have to many game's right now and I've started to go off JRPG's. But I might pick it up soon as its pretty cheap where I live.

-Hoax-
Same here. It looked pretty interesting but I heard it has a pretty huge learning curve and the tutorial virtually explains nothing.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"]how frustrating is the game?ArchoNils2

Depends on how fast you learn the mechanics. I remembe ra lot of guys here got very frustrated because they didn't understand how the entire system works. Actually the first thing you should do once you leave your hometown is visiting the optional arena to learn the mechanics in the tutorial. But once you got the hang of the system and you realised how you should get through the fights it gets rather easy.

45 minutes learning curve seems pretty steep for me, that's like 1/5 of MW2 campaign :(
Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

RoF is indeed awsome, sadly they don't use the combat system to the best of it level.
I had the most fun when I was in close quarters and making heroic moves (long time since I played but I think there were called that) requierd really good planning.

and the story, I really liked it but at the sametime I couldn't help to feel left in the dark

I really hope they can make a sequal sometime and fix the flaws

GodzillavsXenu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GodzillavsXenu
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts
That's next on my list. I just played Lost Odyssey and was mighty impressed by a good deal of it (especially by how well the memory novellas were written). This was the other game I had thought of getting around the same time, so I'll be sure to pick it up.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ArchoNils2

RoF is indeed awsome, sadly they don't use the combat system to the best of it level.
I had the most fun when I was in close quarters and making heroic moves (long time since I played but I think there were called that) requierd really good planning.

and the story, I really liked it but at the sametime I couldn't help to feel left in the dark

Barbie_Boy

How is it a flaw if you have to think what you're doing? That was IMO the best part of the game. If you don't feel like planing to much, you can just make 2 hero runs and keep all three characters as far away from each other as possible and use a tri attack with the 2 resonance points :S You don't even have to look that much where they stand because you can still jump if they're running towards a wall or something like that :S But I do agree with the story, it takes too long until it actually gets interessting and it's funny that the optional intro you get with waiting shows more story than the first half of the game ^^ It was still fun to get through the story again ^^

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

i bought it cheap very recently and i'm glad i didn't pay more than i did, because, irregardless of gameplay, the game is severely flawed technically. the texture is likely the worst i've seen this gen, and i've seen better even on PS2. as i look for complete package when i spend my money, i must deem RoF a disappointment.

ryanrodriguez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 ryanrodriguez
Member since 2005 • 225 Posts

I agree 100% This game was fantastic. Unfortunately, poor advertising and no word of mouth made sure this gem didnt make it. I actually really enjoyed the combat mechanic. Very easy to learn but gave you enough control to be very creative with the arial attacks and what not.

big_boss1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 big_boss1988
Member since 2008 • 1241 Posts

it good, but not that good.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

I was actually looking into trying this game. Hopefully I will this winter break.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I was actually looking into trying this game. Hopefully I will this winter break.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Garrus is the best :D And i loved that cutscene in your sig :lol:

On-topic: It's good to hear some positive things about this game, i'll keep my eyes out for it.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Suzy_Q_Kazoo

[QUOTE="Suzy_Q_Kazoo"]I was actually looking into trying this game. Hopefully I will this winter break.

BattleSpectre

I completely agree :)

And thanks! It was one of my favorites :P

Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

[QUOTE="Barbie_Boy"]

ArchoNils2

How is it a flaw if you have to think what you're doing? That was IMO the best part of the game. If you don't feel like planing to much, you can just make 2 hero runs and keep all three characters as far away from each other as possible and use a tri attack with the 2 resonance points :S You don't even have to look that much where they stand because you can still jump if they're running towards a wall or something like that :S But I do agree with the story, it takes too long until it actually gets interessting and it's funny that the optional intro you get with waiting shows more story than the first half of the game ^^ It was still fun to get through the story again ^^

maybe you misunderstood me?
What I said was that the combat shined when I was in close quarters and jumping and moving could get a bit harder but the game had to many open areas and made the game really easy.

yeah, kinda bad that the second opening explains a lot of the story and it's really easy to miss, when the game ended I was actually kinda sad since the story really picked up at the end.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BattleSpectre

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

[QUOTE="Suzy_Q_Kazoo"]I was actually looking into trying this game. Hopefully I will this winter break.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

I remember laughing so hard after watching it myself :P

I honestly can't wait for ME3 =D

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Suzy_Q_Kazoo

[QUOTE="Suzy_Q_Kazoo"]

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"] Garrus is the best :D And i loved that cutscene in your sig :lol:BattleSpectre

Me too :P

Tell me about it! I've got a few more playthroughs to keep me busy in the meantime though ;)

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BattleSpectre

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

[QUOTE="Suzy_Q_Kazoo"] I completely agree :)

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Me too :P

Tell me about it! I've got a few more playthroughs to keep me busy in the meantime though ;)

That's heaps nice ;)

I've played through ME2 about 4 times already, and finally have a perfect game save waiting to be imported to ME3 :3

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ArchoNils2

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

[QUOTE="Barbie_Boy"]

Barbie_Boy

maybe you misunderstood me?
What I said was that the combat shined when I was in close quarters and jumping and moving could get a bit harder but the game had to many open areas and made the game really easy.

yeah, kinda bad that the second opening explains a lot of the story and it's really easy to miss, when the game ended I was actually kinda sad since the story really picked up at the end.

I'm sorry, just re-readed it and I really missunderstood you, sorry for that. Well, then I completly agree with you, the system itself was good, but they really could have played more with it, maybe even add more different kind of objects with a special funcion ^^

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Suzy_Q_Kazoo

That's heaps nice ;)

I've played through ME2 about 4 times already, and finally have a perfect game save waiting to be imported to ME3 :3

BattleSpectre

That's a lot better than what I have. I just need to find the time to do so. It's kind of a long game :P

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BattleSpectre

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]That's heaps nice ;)

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

That's a lot better than what I have. I just need to find the time to do so. It's kind of a long game :P

Haha i agree, it's a pretty long game ay :P

And that suicide mission was such a pain, i lost count on how many times i had to re-do it to keep everyone alive :lol:

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Haha i agree, it's a pretty long game ay :P

And that suicide mission was such a pain, i lost count on how many times i had to re-do it to keep everyone alive :lol:

BattleSpectre

I'm actually so surprised I managed to keep my entire team alive on my first try :D

I wanted to make sure everything was close to perfection :P

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BattleSpectre

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]Haha i agree, it's a pretty long game ay :P

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

I'm actually so surprised I managed to keep my entire team alive on my first try :D

I wanted to make sure everything was close to perfection :P

Far out, You're very skilled :D (and you say i'm doing better then you, haha :P)

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Far out, You're very skilled :D (and you say i'm doing better then you, haha :P)

BattleSpectre

Haha, not really :P

Well I've only done one playthrough with a file transfer from ME1, so I'd say that's a lot better!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BattleSpectre

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]Far out, You're very skilled :D (and you say i'm doing better then you, haha :P)

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Haha, not really :P

Well I've only done one playthrough with a file transfer from ME1, so I'd say that's a lot better!

;)

Keep enjoying the game Suzy = ]

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Suzy_Q_Kazoo

;)

Keep enjoying the game Suzy = ]

BattleSpectre

Thanks, I will :)

strangestguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 strangestguy
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts

Plated this game

Good points :

- high level of customization with weapons

- characters are fun and charismatic.

- hex system is for world travel gives a fun sens of exploration (very original ... i don't remember any other games doing this).

- very good post apocalyptic mood that i loved

- good strategy fighting concept that makes each weapons a viable choice and some fast thinking in certain situations.

Bad points :

- World history has many gaping holes that would need filling (NPCs don't say much to add either to the overall comprehension of the setting)

- Character developpement could have been fleshed more. (between 2 to 4 scenes in each chapter) 3 to 5 more chapters would have been great.

- Arena is a pain to complete with very low rewards except for the experience that is otherwise easily gathered in neverland.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#35 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Well.. An RPG with guns does sound pretty good... I'm going to watch a few gameplays
Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

RoF sucked imo, story was terrible and combat didn't have any depth