Resistence 2- Bad Graphics Much?

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for crimsonandclovr
crimsonandclovr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crimsonandclovr
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that resistence 2 has bad graphics for its generation? so i just got a ps3 from my aunt and after playing the 360 for a yr or so i have to say that resistence 2 is a preety poor game thts just my opinion but becuase of bad graphics incredibly hard offline co op and poor checkpoints this has to be one of the worst games i have ever played
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
deactivated-5f9ba38f308de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
Member since 2005 • 1468 Posts

because of "bad" graphics and it's hard...it's a bad game? ok dude.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
[QUOTE="crimsonandclovr"]Am I the only one who thinks that resistence 2 has bad graphics for its generation? so i just got a ps3 from my aunt and after playing the 360 for a yr or so i have to say that resistence 2 is a preety poor game thts just my opinion but becuase of bad graphics incredibly hard offline co op and poor checkpoints this has to be one of the worst games i have ever played

I Disagree my friend , because the scope of the game lets me forgive some minor graphical flaws . (I assume you only understand English when it's written like this. Otherwise it would be very annoying)
Elitheos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Elitheos
Member since 2003 • 111 Posts

Using stupid internet lingo in your title that makes you sound like a braindead sheep instead of typing out a coherent sentence much?

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Is this a poetry thread? Resistance 2 in my eyes is not that bad, graphically.
rrts02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rrts02
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts

I agree, the graphics are really bad (cheap), but still the online is awesome

ENDOT12123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ENDOT12123
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts

nah tbh R2 got good graphics compared to alot of 360 games its easily on par with gears

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

You're trippin, R2s graphics are fine. Maybe you need to adjust your PS3 or TV settings?!

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that resistence 2 has bad graphics for its generation? so i just got a ps3 from my aunt and after playing the 360 for a yr or so i have to say that resistence 2 is a preety poor game thts just my opinion but becuase of bad graphics incredibly hard offline co op and poor checkpoints this has to be one of the worst games i have ever playedcrimsonandclovr
if there's something bad about R2 IMO... it ain't the graphics.
I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts

I agree that the graphics aren't the best (I dislike explosions) but bad because its hard? You must really suck.

Sitic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#11 Sitic
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

because of "bad" graphics and it's hard...it's a bad game? ok dude.

Spirit_Warriors
+1 Git good.
shawncollins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shawncollins
Member since 2004 • 46 Posts
I think resistence 2 is one of the best games for the ps3. I know its your opinion but I think its a wrong one, and I'am glad to see a hard game, there should be more instead of making. Like Gears.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

Am I the only one who thinks that resistence 2 has bad graphics for its generation? so i just got a ps3 from my aunt and after playing the 360 for a yr or so i have to say that resistence 2 is a preety poor game thts just my opinion but becuase of bad graphics incredibly hard offline co op and poor checkpoints this has to be one of the worst games i have ever playedcrimsonandclovr

This was some 'preety' poor english ..

Go play your 360 ..

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

nah tbh R2 got good graphics compared to alot of 360 games its easily on par with gears

ENDOT12123
Oh i agree it is on par with gears of war 1 but see that was out when the 360 first came out. 4 years or something ago. Ha It is terrible graphics for what the ps3 can handle and what should be expected from an exclusive title. The only thing about R2 is the online THE ONLY THING. Sorry but when you look at the big picture and online is the only plus. It ain't that good of a game.
georgeverity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 georgeverity
Member since 2005 • 1234 Posts

ENDOT12123

hmm... Im gonna have to disagree with you on that one. Resistance 2 has very good textures and amazing water graphics, but the shaders make the game look like utter SHlT. In my opinion, the best looking game on any console right now is either Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, or Gears of War 2. I have had my ps3 for a year and my 360 for 3 years.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Bad Graphics: Besides some weird physics based things, the graphics are great technically. Incredibly Hard Offline Co-Op: It's called being good at a game. Poor Checkpoints: I thought the checkpoint system was great. A huge improvement over the first game, with each checkpoint properly distributed for great pacing. Protip: I know you love the enter key, but please, stop chopping up your sentences with it.
Avatar image for XPrivateRyan22X
XPrivateRyan22X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 XPrivateRyan22X
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts
[QUOTE="crimsonandclovr"]Am I the only one who thinks that resistence 2 has bad graphics for its generation? so i just got a ps3 from my aunt and after playing the 360 for a yr or so i have to say that resistence 2 is a preety poor game thts just my opinion but becuase of bad graphics incredibly hard offline co op and poor checkpoints this has to be one of the worst games i have ever played

Wow only 11 posts and you've just lost all your credibility, nice job.
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#19 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

Thts cool, go tell tht to someone tht cares. I respect opinion but this is more of a blog thing.

R2

is

my

favorite

game

on

PS3

actually.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="ENDOT12123"]

IvanElk

Oh i agree it is on par with gears of war 1 but see that was out when the 360 first came out. 4 years or something ago. Ha It is terrible graphics for what the ps3 can handle and what should be expected from an exclusive title. The only thing about R2 is the online THE ONLY THING. Sorry but when you look at the big picture and online is the only plus. It ain't that good of a game.

So what you speak is truth? :roll:

buddy_head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 buddy_head
Member since 2008 • 110 Posts

resistance 2 graphics are pretty much the exact same as resistance 1.

saintpatrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 saintpatrice
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts

resistance 2 graphics are pretty much the exact same as resistance 1.

buddy_head

Hahahaha no way. If you go play Resistance 1 right now and then pop in Resistance 2, it looks WAY better. Not to mention having a much larger scale and just being a much better game.

Anywho, to TC, the graphics are actually wonderful considering the amount of action going on. The bosses are massive and there are usually around 20 characters on screen at once (most of them Chimera since you go in alone 3/4 of the game.) As for the difficult offline co-op, I can agree, but i really think the co-op was made for online since you have to have at least one of each class (Soldier, Medic, Special Ops) since they all three support each other and depend on each other so heavily, it makes it difficult to be lacking one. Defenitely meant for online. And online is a blast to play. I played R2 online up until i got Killzone 2.

So, to TC, if you don't like R2, buy Killzone 2. Best looking game out right now and the best multiplayer IMO.

rodney130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rodney130
Member since 2004 • 1139 Posts

I mean they aren't the best, but they aren't bad by any means.

MrArmageddon8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MrArmageddon8
Member since 2007 • 6846 Posts

The AI in SP is also horrid. Guess that's why its a MP based game.

unkosolz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 unkosolz
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts

You must be playing on a 19-inch standard definition TV with some off settings.

R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts

I have to disagree, i think it has really good graphics. Have you seen a titan explode, it's insides look pretty realistic lol. I also think it one of the best games on the PS3. It's my second favorite PS3 game after MGS4.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

The graphics look ok, the heart of the game is in the gameplay. Gameplay > Graphics

hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Dude man up and play the game.. Its a great game if u actually try playing it. Graphics arent everything.. Games are made of many aspects and can be excused for not having sum because it has others.. This game has great gameplay and story and online so it should be allowed to have atleast a little graphical flaw..

In my opinion the graphics are pretty good. Dont know why people always dis the Resistance II graphics..

hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

MSG4 ROCKS!! LOL

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
[QUOTE="ENDOT12123"]

IvanElk

IMO its the best part of the game. FPS online is the best type of games. So R2 delivered that. On a different note. If you want to sell your ps3 cuz of the "crappy" game then that is fine by me as well.
MaverickSY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#31 MaverickSY
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

is there something wrong with you man the graphics were great in R2 the only bad graphics were fire but who care it was still amazing and the campaign was fantastic

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
The graphics aren't as terrible as you say, plus there's tons of action going on. Plus Resistance 2 is some of the most fun I've ever had with a FPS game.
GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GatCloudX
Member since 2008 • 1459 Posts
nope it has good graphics and i think its fun and the multiplayer is a blast
thanos723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 thanos723
Member since 2006 • 871 Posts

obvious troll is obvious
crudestkill01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 crudestkill01
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I think that some parts are kind of meh, but other parts are pretty decent looking. IMO it looks as good as halo3, and you cant argue the fact that resistance battles dwarf anything in halo. And i dont mean that in a bad way, i actually prefer halo3 overall, but there are way more persistant bodies and bad guys to shoot at in a single set piece of resistancethan halo.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
R2 is a great game, online and off. Graphics are pretty sweet also. Bad graphics =/= Bad game
ENDOT12123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ENDOT12123
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts

the graphics were reall good the textures and the way the gun looked and the water looked reall good, it satified me anyway, but even if the graphics was a pile of pooh the gameplay was soooo sooooo sooooo goood i loved the campaighn its so much of an improvement on R1 i loved it, stop complainin and play the game for the game stop worrying bout graphics, maybe you have a crappy tv because on my HDTV it looks fine, i love how it looks iv never complained abaout graphics tho , tbh i love how sonic the hedghog looked on the sega mega drive years ago iv never complained bout graphics in a game unless i can make a game that looks better

yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

R2 is full of win

TC you

are

the

fail

blank33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blank33
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

The only problem with R2 was no weapon wheel, with minor graphical issues aside.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

i thought it look good sometimes and didnt look good sometimes it was inconsistent. im glad killzone2 is here

ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ncderek
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

resistance 1 was the worst purchase i ever made

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CanadianCR

resistance 1 was the worst purchase i ever made

ncderek

I love stupid posts ..

Yojimbo25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#43 Yojimbo25
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

DUDE! What the hell have you been smoking? Resistance 2 is one of the best looking PS3 games made so far. Dude seriously, I haven't been all that impressed with 360's graphics, they look really nice, but always has graphical issues.

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#44 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
The graphics aren't amazing, but they're far from bad. The scope of the game more than makes up for the game's graphical shortcomings.
Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#45 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
The graphics are by no means bad but for some reason they don't look as good as Resistance 1 graphics to me. I don't know why exactly.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts

The AI in SP is also horrid. Guess that's why its a MP based game.

MrArmageddon8
Was that a joke? If there was anything wrong with the single player campaign, it was the lack of variety.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
I thought it looked pretty good. It's not the best but it's far from bad. I tend to think most game's this generation look pretty good. It's rare that I put a game in my PS3 and think 'this is bad'. Maybe I'm still in shock from the jump to HD :P. What the game looks like is never a huge factor for me anyway.
voltzila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 voltzila
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts

Graphics: bad maybe, but I feel that they are fine.

Animation: Ok is it just me or does any one else notice the weird hop-slide-thing that some of the enemies do?

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

It is pretty shocking.

I love how with snall puddles water rises up like huge pyraminds :lol:

Get Killzone 2, uncharted, MGS4 ect. Resistance 2 is definately at the bottome end for exclusive graphics.

60 players online is an achivement though...

TheCraving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheCraving
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts

I laughed at this thread. So yeah, there are better games graphically out on the market that surpass Resistance 2 but that doesn't make it a bad game. But that doesn't mean the game isn't pretty to look at. I think Fall of Man showed us a graphics aren't everything and that gameplay can make up for it through high action explosive gun fights against an near-unstoppable alien force.

Resistance 2 improved on every aspect for Fall of Man but stuck to the gameplay we loved from the original.

In closing, graphics doesn't always make a good game. Don't like it? Don't play it, your loss in my opinion.