RESISTANCE 3 is coming but where is the story going !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blaze_adeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 blaze_adeel
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts

can anyone 1st tell me what are those chimeras ??and i know hale is turning into 1 so anyone knows what will happen in r3 as he is now chimera ???

and yeah i have played r1 and r2 but i didnt understand any thing stupid me :P and 2ND what imnprovements are u looking 4 in the series??

i am looking 4 some good guns that have a feeling of power to themunlike bullseye cuz whenever i fired it it made me feel i was firing some water balloon gun :P

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
lots of bang bang and boom boom and stuff
dizzyd_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 dizzyd_basic
Member since 2003 • 53 Posts

i'm just waiting for the teaser trailer. if it is like ratchet a clank a crack in time it should be coming out some time in january. the game will most likely come out nov. of 2010 following insomniacs year skip. i'm hoping they bring hale back i hated him in 1 because he didnt talk alot but in 2 i actally felt bad he didn't make it.i think we are going to face the original chimera they talked about in 2. since i think those two planets at the end are there ships. for guns it is insomniac so i know plenty of creative guns coming. multiplayer i hope they just add more to it.

2p5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 2p5p
Member since 2009 • 41 Posts
the graphics better be better than killzone 2s at least. R1 and R2 didnt look so good.
rawr_xd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rawr_xd
Member since 2009 • 790 Posts

the graphics better be better than killzone 2s at least. R1 and R2 didnt look so good.2p5p

It's hard to look better than KZ2 unless you're Uncharted 2, but yeah the first two Resistance games weren't the best looking games ever, that's for sure.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Well Hale is dead, so I'm guessing you'll play as Capelli, a much more interesting character anyway.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Has the game ever really been about the story? Or is the story just a vehicle to create the crazy alien firefights around? Because to me, the story has always been second fiddle with these games and I really don't expect that to change. They'll probably come up with some half baked way to turn Hale into the enemy and you'll have to kill him in some seemingly grandiose duel to the death.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jamejame

the graphics better be better than killzone 2s at least. R1 and R2 didnt look so good.2p5p
Insomniac stated that for Resistance 3 they were giving up 60fps in order to give their games more graphical fidelity. They saidaiming at having 30fps will allow them to create much better looking games in an inudstry who's fans demand it. So expect Resistance 3 to look gorgeous, just don't expect it to perform quite as well as its predecessors. In all honesty, I'm fine with that as the human eye can barely tell the difference.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jamejame

Has the game ever really been about the story? Or is the story just a vehicle to create the crazy alien firefights around? Because to me, the story has always been second fiddle with these games and I really don't expect that to change. They'll probably come up with some half baked way to turn Hale into the enemy and you'll have to kill him in some seemingly grandiose duel to the death. raven_squad
It hasn't been entirely about the story in the way the Gears of War series hasn't either. The story is cool because, like Gears, its reflected in its environment. An alternate timeline in which 1950s earth is under siege by aliens is a cool basis for a story, and watching things play out in this universe is what makes it interesting in my opinion.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

My bold prediction for Resistance 3.

[spoiler] Hale is still alive, and he will be the antagonist. I mean, the guy got Daedelus' powers. Anyone really think a headshot is going to take him down? Pfft, I don't think so. Hale will be back! [/spoiler]

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts

Well Hale is dead, so I'm guessing you'll play as Capelli, a much more interesting character anyway.

jamejame
Who said Hale is dead? I remember him getting shot, but I also remember him having SUPER POWERS. Hales not dead, I think we can all assume safely.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Adziboy

@Doolz

Now it looks like I'm copying but I read your spoiler after I posted... oh well.

Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nerkle01
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts
[QUOTE="Adziboy"]

@Doolz

Now it looks like I'm copying but I read your spoiler after I posted... oh well.

Not being a d**k, but if anyone hasnt played and beaten this game over a year after it came out, thats rediculous and u should be ashamed at missing out on such a grreat game. *puts up flame shield*
Solid_Cipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Solid_Cipher
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
I want it more like R1 but with obviously better graphics, and an improved gameplay with more options for the online expeirence. They totally f upped R2.
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
[QUOTE="jamejame"]

Adziboy
Who said Hale is dead? I remember him getting shot, but I also remember him having SUPER POWERS. Hales not dead, I think we can all assume safely.

I agree Hale probably isnt dead but he was going evil so really the chance of us playing as him is nearly impossible. Probably will be Capelli and Hale is bad guy. Although the series needs to end.
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

[QUOTE="2p5p"]the graphics better be better than killzone 2s at least. R1 and R2 didnt look so good.jamejame

Insomniac stated that for Resistance 3 they were giving up 60fps in order to give their games more graphical fidelity. They saidaiming at having 30fps will allow them to create much better looking games in an inudstry who's fans demand it. So expect Resistance 3 to look gorgeous, just don't expect it to perform quite as well as its predecessors. In all honesty, I'm fine with that as the human eye can barely tell the difference.

Resistance 2 was always 30FPS. Also, you can and always will be able to tell the difference 30 and 60Fps.
Mongo-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mongo-Boss
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts

We'll play as Hale, a much darker Hale. I hope they go back to the R1 gameplay and storytelling while keeping R2's MP.

Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

Resistance has no story its just garbage and anyways I hate it how its a 2 hit sniper kill unless you get a headshot, thats just so crap

Shade340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shade340
Member since 2008 • 516 Posts

I think you will come back as hale because with daedules powers im sure he can regenerate much like the chimera and what will happen is the gun shot "kills you" but the rusky doctor is barely able to rescue you and the planet is the chimera homeworld

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts
chimeras are the alien things, he died in the second one I think because he was shot down by the second survivor, and I want the game to actually include real world weapons a mix between theirs and real guns used in the military currently
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I don't really know where exactly there going with R3, but im sure that they will head in the right direction, and release another superb Resistance game.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#22 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Maybe you should play them again to understand. Resistance 1 was overall better than R2, so I hope R3 at least picks up again, and gives us a decent experience

play_thegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 play_thegame
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts
i only played resistance 2, didnt play one because i didnt like the sound of some of its features that wherent in R2. also i hate downgrading, makes you miss stuff. maybe we play from the chimeras point of view lol? PS i kno whe was there atthe end of the game, but i swear capelli got eaten by that massive bug? did it spit him out after you kill it? thhat relly confused me.
ForceFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ForceFreeze
Member since 2008 • 823 Posts

It's going to be developed by Insominiac, in other words, expect a quality game :)

Tomrock101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#25 Tomrock101
Member since 2008 • 858 Posts

Where did you read that?

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jamejame

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

[QUOTE="2p5p"]the graphics better be better than killzone 2s at least. R1 and R2 didnt look so good.samuraiguns

Resistance 2 was always 30FPS. Also, you can and always will be able to tell the difference 30 and 60Fps.

Are you sure about that? I could've sworn it was 60, especially with Insomniac recently stating all upcoming games would compromise 60FPS for better graphics.

And of course you can tell the difference, but I definitely would not say the difference is game altering.

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

I hope:

(SPOILER ALERT ALL NERD LOSSERS THAT LIKE TO REPORT PEOPLE PLEASE LEAVE NOW)

They end the game with a good ending.

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Adziboy
[QUOTE="Nerkle01"][QUOTE="Adziboy"]

@Doolz

Not being a d**k, but if anyone hasnt played and beaten this game over a year after it came out, thats rediculous and u should be ashamed at missing out on such a grreat game. *puts up flame shield*

The ****? I've played both games and beaten both games... where the HELL did you get that from? Of course you should put up your flame shield, because you ARE being a d**k.
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

Here is my wishlist for Resistance 3.

Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
Well I would kinda of like it if they went back to the R1 gun play. I don't like r2s style. The whole exp kills. Kinda took the glory out of the kill and it seemed slugish. Also I liked the graphics on r1 to light greyish brown. Not orangeish yellows. Didn't like it guess we will see
Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nerkle01
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts
[QUOTE="Adziboy"][QUOTE="Nerkle01"][QUOTE="Adziboy"]

@Doolz

The ****? I've played both games and beaten both games... where the HELL did you get that from? Of course you should put up your flame shield, because you ARE being a d**k.

o sorry lmfao. I was supposed to put a reply and not a quote. it wasnt directed at you. It was a mistake. I was directing it at any one who didnt play this game yet. wow lol.
clance1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clance1
Member since 2009 • 292 Posts

can anyone 1st tell me what are those chimeras ??and i know hale is turning into 1 so anyone knows what will happen in r3 as he is now chimera ???

and yeah i have played r1 and r2 but i didnt understand any thing stupid me :P and 2ND what imnprovements are u looking 4 in the series??

i am looking 4 some good guns that have a feeling of power to themunlike bullseye cuz whenever i fired it it made me feel i was firing some water balloon gun :P

blaze_adeel

You just made a spoiling for me! think about the things you say!