Resistance 2 is NOT going after Religion. Lies by Kotaku.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vitz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vitz3
Member since 2004 • 1884 Posts

The past few days I've seen a bit of an uproar over the Kotaku article saying that Resistance 2 is going to focus more on religion and churches and such.

I'm calling Kotaku out on this BS. This is the quote from the interview with Ted Price from their website.

"We've actually made it a big focus to include more churches and now synagogues and mosques in Resistance 2"

Kotaku

Now this is the actual quote from the original site's interview.

(jokingly)We've actually made it a big focus to include more churches and now synagogues and mosques in Resistance 2."gamesindustry

Now let's put this crap to rest. They were joking and making light about the whole Church of Manchester fiasco.

Kotaku's BS

Actual article.

Journalism needs to have more accountability.

N4G is just as guilty for allowing this into the "news" category instead of satire.

This thread exists in SW also.

Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Correyov31
Member since 2005 • 358 Posts
It's not really uncommon for journalist to do this. It is called taking quotes out of context. Although I would expect a journalist like Kotaku to exercise more control over their writers. It's pretty sad.
tktosc666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tktosc666
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts
i only care about online
Narcadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Narcadox
Member since 2006 • 864 Posts
They Should have lol...If I were Insomanic I would have gone out the way to make it so that you can blow the church up just for all the moaning they did lol.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
i knew he was joking the second i read it, anyone who thought he was serious has a very skewed peception of the industry.
osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts
Don't read Kotaku. Look through the site: It's 100% gossip, lies, speculation and sensationalism. It's the National Enquirer of the games journalism industry, and a waste of everyone's time.
vitz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vitz3
Member since 2004 • 1884 Posts

Don't read Kotaku. Look through the site: It's 100% gossip, lies, speculation and sensationalism. It's the National Enquirer of the games journalism industry, and a waste of everyone's time.osirisomeomi

QFT.

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
Kotaku is a blog.... with a good sense of humor. If you went to the article they posted and actually read the whole thing you may have detected what they intended.... SARCASM.