Resistance 2 is a steaming pile of hot garbage.

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

My god. This is the WORST first person shooter I've played this gen.

I only paid 19.99 and I want my money back. The whole game just looks weird, like the field of view is off. Nothing looks natural at all, stairs look like you are climbing up a flat surface instead of a three dimensional object. The levels where the floor is "tilted" make me freaking dizzy, as does the blur effect EVERY time you start to run. There were a couple of moments in the middle of the game that really looked terrific (the levels with the redwoods and the fog looked AMAZING), but other than those few "wow" moments the overall game was terribly designed. Some of the levels look like they literally just randomly through objects around hoping it would work (the final level - how many jet engine turbines were scattered around the interior of the ship - WTF was with that?). It's like nothing made sense at all.

Online multiplayer? Don't get me started on that. I just played about an hour and the maps are poor, the weapons are unbalanced, and just as in the single player game all of the character models look like they were designed by retards. It didn't seem like many people were playing in the afternoon, so the online is probably on it's last legs anyway.

I'm hoping Killzone 2 will be better. This sucker is going right back on ebay. Not even going to waste my time trying to platinum this.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
one of the boss fights is pretty sweet
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I didn't find it to be that terrible but to each his own.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 2Chalupas

one of the boss fights is pretty sweetMethodManFTW

Which one? They all seemed pretty plain to me, and the last one where you run around in a CIRCLE shooting the orbs as you go. Just absolutely pathetic.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

lol, Killzone is worst, but that's me.

Resistance 2 had the big boss fights going for it, at least.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts
[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

I only paid 19.99 and I want my money back. The whole game just looks weird, like the field of view is off. Nothing looks natural at all, stairs look like you are climbing up a flat surface instead of a three dimensional object. The levels where the floor is "tilted" make me freaking dizzy, as does the blur effect EVERY time you start to run. There were a couple of moments in the middle of the game that really looked terrific (the levels with the redwoods and the fog looked AMAZING), but other than those few "wow" moments the overall game was terribly designed. Some of the levels look like they literally just randomly through objects around hoping it would work (the final level - how many jet engine turbines were scattered around the interior of the ship - WTF was with that?). It's like nothing made sense at all.

Online multiplayer? Don't get me started on that. I just played about an hour and the maps are poor, the weapons are unbalanced, and just as in the single player game all of the character models look like they were designed by retards. It didn't seem like many people were playing in the afternoon, so the online is probably on it's last legs anyway.

I'm hoping Killzone 2 will be better. This sucker is going right back on ebay. Not even going to waste my time trying to platinum this.

lol you probably got wraith whored in online and now your pissed off... i think you wont like kz2 eithe if you dont like r2 because r2 is the better online game imo , the community is active as always , and this game has the hardest platinum ever so u shouldnt "waste" your time
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

2Chalupas

Yeah, I tried the demo of the first one, and I gotta say I'm not too impressed with Resistance. I'm not huge into FPS' as it is, so I definitely won't bother now.

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
Great game, addicting co-op
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]one of the boss fights is pretty sweet2Chalupas

Which one? They all seemed pretty plain to me, and the last one where you run around in a CIRCLE shooting the orbs as you go. Just absolutely pathetic.

the giant monster
Avatar image for vengefulwilberg
vengefulwilberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#10 vengefulwilberg
Member since 2010 • 1642 Posts

Wow! Resistance 2 is that bad? Maybe I should rent it to find out. What did you think of the first game?

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 2Chalupas

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

AmnesiaHaze

lol you probably got wraith whored in online and now your pissed off... i think you wont like kz2 eithe if you dont like r2 because r2 is the better online game imo , the community is active as always , and this game has the hardest platinum ever so u shouldnt "waste" your time

Well usually in FPS there is an adjustment period. If you are a newb, and the game has been out awhile it's pretty much a given you will be owned at the beginning. I probably played about 10 games, held my own in 3, and got DESTROYED in about 7. But I knew that going in. Game still sucks and leaves me with no desire to level up or do whatever I need to do to get the better weapons/gear.

Maybe it's because I've been playing Battlefield so much that a "different" game just looks especially terrible.

StudySession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StudySession
Member since 2009 • 1539 Posts

Well I have never played Resistance 2 but if it is anything like Resistance 1 then yes it is a steaming pile of hot garbage.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Khadaj32

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"][QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

2Chalupas

Well usually in FPS there is an adjustment period. If you are a newb, and the game has been out awhile it's pretty much a given you will be owned at the beginning. I probably played about 10 games, held my own in 3, and got DESTROYED in about 7. But I knew that going in. Game still sucks and leaves me with no desire to level up or do whatever I need to do to get the better weapons/gear.

Maybe it's because I've been playing Battlefield so much that a "different" game just looks especially terrible.

Can't blame ya. BC2 (I'm assuming you mean BC2) is sexy in all ways.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 2Chalupas

Wow! Resistance 2 is that bad? Maybe I should rent it to find out. What did you think of the first game?

vengefulwilberg

I don't have the first one, but I actually really liked the demo of Resistance Fall of Man. I was actually debating getting Resistance 1 first, but went with Resistance 2 because I figured it being a "newer" game (just released to greatest hits) I would probably sell it for more after getting done with it.

I've played all these on PS3 and liked them all more. MUCH more. The only one I don't own is MAG.

World at War*

Bad Company 1*

Bad Company 2*

Modern Warfare 2*

Quantum of Solace*

Mirror's Edge* (actaully this game made me a little dizzy too, had a weird look to it, but at least I LIKED IT).

MAG

Next up is Killzone 2. I'm a little worried. I've seen people say that both Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 "werent that good". But I figured they were just trying to "rebel" against a game that got high review scores. Well those people were right on the money with R2...

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Khadaj32

[QUOTE="vengefulwilberg"]

2Chalupas

I don't have the first one, but I actually really liked the demo of Resistance Fall of Man. I was actually debating getting Resistance 1 first, but went with Resistance 2 because I figured it being a "newer" game (just released to greatest hits) I would probably sell it for more after getting done with it.

I've played all these on PS3 and liked them all more. MUCH more. The only one I don't own is MAG.

World at War*

Bad Company 1*

Bad Company 2*

Modern Warfare 2*

Quantum of Solace*

Mirror's Edge* (actaully this game made me a little dizzy too, had a weird look to it, but at least I LIKED IT).

MAG

Next up is Killzone 2. I'm a little worried. I've seen people say that both Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 "werent that good". But I figured they were just trying to "rebel" against a game that got high review scores. Well those people were right on the money with R2...

I dunno, a LOT of people seem to really love KZ2.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
That's great! :) Congrats!
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

Scianix-Black

I loved Killzone 2 and hated R2.

romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts

Co Op missions, with the leveling system, saved this game from total multiplayer disgrace. Single Player is OK.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

2Chalupas

Killzone 2 was just style without substance. A lot of people hated it because of how hyped it was and with everyone having played Call of Duty 4, which at the time had set the standard, there was constant comparing of the two.Both are very different types of FPS, so comparing Killzone to Call of Duty just isn't fair. However, the game by itself is just bland. It does everything right - as well as adding to the long list of mediocrity that seems to be so prevalent with the FPS genre, and with a game is big as Killzone 2 was going to be, the bandwagon hate was inevitable.

If it hadn't been so hyped up, people would feel more apathetic towards it rather than outright 'dislike.' Personally, I didn't dig the color scheme, but everything else about it was solid. It's a generally good game that gets a lot of hate because people expected it to be more and were disappointed.

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

Scianix-Black

Killzone 2 was just style without substance. A lot of people hated it because of how hyped it was and with everyone having played Call of Duty 4, which at the time had set the standard, there was constant comparing of the two.Both are very different types of FPS, so comparing Killzone to Call of Duty just isn't fair. However, the game by itself is just bland. It does everything right - as well as adding to the long list of mediocrity that seems to be so prevalent with the FPS genre, and with a game is big as Killzone 2 was going to be, the bandwagon hate was inevitable.

If it hadn't been so hyped up, people would feel more apathetic towards it rather than outright 'dislike.' Personally, I didn't dig the color scheme, but everything else about it was solid. It's a generally good game that gets a lot of hate because people expected it to be more and were disappointed.

Resistance 1> Resistance 2. I loved killzone but to each his own

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

lol you probably got wraith whored in online and now your pissed off... i think you wont like kz2 eithe if you dont like r2 because r2 is the better online game imo , the community is active as always , and this game has the hardest platinum ever so u shouldnt "waste" your timeAmnesiaHaze

Hardest platinum ever? :lol: whatever...it's just time consuming. Not hard.

zachdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 zachdragon
Member since 2005 • 1707 Posts

Guys don't believe the TC he is terribly wrong Resistance 2 is a great game just look at its overall reviews high 8's low 9's trust me you don't want to pass it up the multiplayer is good all around and the CO-OP is very addicting trust me only thing that was a minor complaint was the end of the story left you hangin!

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 2Chalupas

Guys don't believe the TC he is terribly wrong Resistance 2 is a great game just look at its overall reviews high 8's low 9's trust me you don't want to pass it up the multiplayer is good all around and the CO-OP is very addicting trust me only thing that was a minor complaint was the end of the story left you hangin!

zachdragon

I was misled by the good reviews. Reviews can be wrong. I wouldn't say it's a 3.5 game or anything THAT terrible. Clearly this was not a game that was just shoved out the door with no care at all. But if it was a 6.5 or 7.0 I wouldn't question it. As I noted in my original post I have lots of specific issues with this game after playing through it(iffy/random level design, the "perspective" seems off which makes me dizzy, bad character models, dumb boss fights, bad story and script probably written by a junior level programmer). I really do wonder how it universally got a high scores, and even the user scores are high.

My guess is they were "wowed" by the graphics at the time. But looking back the graphics really aren't that great. Beyond that this game doesnt have a leg to stand on.

Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

I didn't really like Resistance 2 that much either, but I have definately played worse first person shooters.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 2Chalupas

I didn't really like Resistance 2 that much either, but I have definately played worse first person shooters.

Ilikemyname420

Rogue Warrior?

grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

Its a good game but an acquired taste. The multiplayer is bangin' and its good SP too i was dissapointed at fisrt but it gets better, it has some great moments and some uneven graphics. Its a good game.

Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilikemyname420"]

2Chalupas

Rogue Warrior?

Don't you ever mention that game in my presence again!!!!! *lays in corner in fetal position*
sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts

vengefulwilberg
It really isn't. TC just has an... unusual opinion about the game. Not everyone loves it, but not many people hate it. Especially as much as he seems to.
CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts

Resistance 2 is a disapointment, as a fan I understand that but it is nowhere near as bad as you are claiming. It's a ton of fun for me and actually thansk for reminding me I still have it :)

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts

2Chalupas

Killzone 2 is not as good as Resistance 2 if you want an honest opinion.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts
I like R2 and its a great game
frielock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 frielock
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts
R2 was good but R1 was better maybe just because it was one of my first games but I had funand loved the weapon wheel and the way the woman was telling the storyt . Im a fan of the series and since I played through both games I cant wait to see where the story goes in part 3 after that huge cliff hanger.
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
i liked R2 back when it came out but i tried it again last week so i know what you mean, your review made me laugh
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 2Chalupas

[QUOTE="vengefulwilberg"]

sportwarrior

It really isn't. TC just has an... unusual opinion about the game. Not everyone loves it, but not many people hate it. Especially as much as he seems to.

To be fair I haven't played any of the notoriously bad shooters (Rogue Warrior, Haze, Quake Wars, Turning Point Fall of Liberty). I'm just comparing it to all the other AAA games I've played... and even a movie cash in title like Quantum of Solace.

However given the PS3 shooters I have played it is easily the worst. I forgot to add Bioshock to that list as well, nevermind "over the shoulder" shooters like Dead Space I would put miles ahead of it. The only PS3 shooter I have played that I would put it ahead of, is the 3rd person shooter Terminator Salvation - which was a terribly done movie cash in with no multiplayer.

In a crowded FPS market that is pretty far down the pack for a supposed AAA game to be.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

I like it a lot.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#36 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

i would not call it garbage but i did find it and the first game to be very mediocer, "spelling sorry",Not a bad game but an average one. never saw what all the fuss was about. KZ2 was IMHO def a far far better game,to short but still a great game.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

jiggaloj

I loved Killzone 2 and hated R2.

i love both and hate neither. You guys just can't appreciate a good game.
Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

I thought it was good but that's just me.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I personally liked it but to each is own. I wasn't into MP when it came out so I can't speak about the MP. The co-op is kind of fun.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
The game is great imo, I had a lot of fun with it. But Killzone 2 is by far the best. imo
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

What does that make KZ2?

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Killzone 2 > Resistance 2

I found R2 to be very average every way you looked at it. It wasn't a bad game, but it's not a game I have any intention of playing again. KZ2 is a maybe, but I still haven't touched it in months.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

I slightly agree, the boss fights were pretty pathetic and insanely scripted but the online is a lot of fun.

Also, you haven't played Killzone 2?! o_O

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 2Chalupas

I slightly agree, the boss fights were pretty pathetic and insanely scripted but the online is a lot of fun.

Also, you haven't played Killzone 2?! o_O

MushroomWig

No. I'm just getting around to them now since I just got my slim in September. At that time Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 were still selling at full price then even though they had been out a fairly long time. I figured if I was going to pay full price I'd be better off buying newer games (Modern Warfare 2, Bad Company 2, God of War III, etc), and waiting for these to come down in price. It took long enough. But I finally got Killzone 2, Little Big PLanet GOTY, and Resistance 2 all at the same time from Wal-mart buy two get one free.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#45 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I loved it, it might be better than Killzone 2 if you ask me.

nelson415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 nelson415
Member since 2007 • 1807 Posts

My only complaint is that ridiculous 10k kills trophy

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

zachdragon
I agree, resistance 1 was pretty good and I hope to play resistance 2 soon, it should be bigger and better..
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I enjoyed Resistance 1 quite a bit, even today it's a good FPS game. Resistance 2 however (outside of great multiplayer co-op) - single player didn't appeal to me. I believe the developers focused to much on online portion and took to many suggestion's by fans which made R2 so much different and not unique as Resistance 1 was.

To be perfectly honest, Resistance: Retribution on PSP was phenomenal and it kept many great elements that made Resistance 1 special, even though, second analog stick would had been awesome.

Resistance 3 needs to bring back its own style (narrator, or proper updated voices, good story, weapon wheel was awesome) and so forth.

We will see how it turns but if Insomniac is given time and they follow their unique style, they do have the experience and great team that can deliver.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

I prefer R:FoM over R2... but R2 isn't that bad... a lot of people did enjoy the game.

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

lol have fun with KZ2 then. The movements and aimer feel so unsmooth. Theres no weapons online, nothing to shoot for except the last class and the sub classes. Medics or engineers w.e. and the god awful grays and browns everywhere.