Resident Evil Portable goes down in history as worst cancelled game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 0

#1 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

I doubt any developer messed up as bad as Capcom on this; no word at all, and just one image for 2 1/2 years! :o

Pretty epic, no? An image that could be made in 5 minutes! Oh heck! *cough*

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

I just hope they are still working on it, even if it is for the Vita.

Jack_240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#3 Jack_240
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

Capcom really messed it up this time with the PSP. No wonder they're not making any monster hunter for the PS Vita and they're switching to the 3DS. I just hope they don't become the next square enix in announcing games without even being in pre-production stage. Yes, I've given up on this game. I even forgot that it existed at all.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spinnerweb

Capcom really messed it up this time with the PSP. No wonder they're not making any monster hunter for the PS Vita and they're switching to the 3DS. I just hope they don't become the next square enix in announcing games without even being in pre-production stage. Yes, I've given up on this game. I even forgot that it existed at all.

Jack_240

This game was NEVER in production and they evidently didn't even plan to make it, it was headed the same way as Devil May Cry for the PSP.

Oh, and yeah, Square Enix is good because it actually makes the games.

CCpotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 CCpotter
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts

I doubt any developer messed up as bad as Capcom on this; no word at all, and just one image for 2 1/2 years! :o

Spinnerweb

Love this game too, hope they can take it seriously on PSP

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Spinnerweb

[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]

CCpotter

Love this game too, hope they can take it seriously on PSP

They don't. They gave us one image for **** and giggles, and then we never heard of it again.

SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

Games get cancelled for a reason. It was probably shaping up terribly. The majority of RE spin-offs have been dreadful. RE: Revelations looks to change that up on the 3DS however.

Myviewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 Myviewing
Member since 2006 • 539 Posts

I wonder if it's possible Revelations on the 3DS was an example of what would have happened or if it was the project before on the PSP. I actually remember Capcom was going to port Devil May Cry to the PSP as well, but it apparently didn't go through.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

yeah what is wrong with them???!!! the PSP is the PERFECT target audience for Resident Evil. but NO they make RE for the DS and 3DS!?? come on man! Sony and Capcom really need to wake up.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
Ugh, Capcom
SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

yeah what is wrong with them???!!! the PSP is the PERFECT target audience for Resident Evil. but NO they make RE for the DS and 3DS!?? come on man! Sony and Capcom really need to wake up.

Talldude80
I have a PSP and a 3DS and trust me, PSP is the target audience, but the 3DS and DS are in desperate need of an adult game. I am thankful Capcom has put the effort into shaping RE: Revelations into a console-like release.
r12qi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 r12qi
Member since 2010 • 1018 Posts

i turn to Vita game

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
Sure gives you a lot of hope for Bioshock on the Vita, since you know its in familiar territory as RE Portable. I'm sure whenever RE6 is announced for PS3 the Vita will get a downgraded port.
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

Survival-horror games on portable systems are a bit silly, anyway, be they on the PSP or the 3DS.

I think Sadness takes the record for worst cancelled game ever, though. At least Capcom didn't occasionally tease gamers with vague details and planned announcements that never came to be for months on end.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
capcom has been known to cancel games so this is nothing new as for worst cancelled game i'd have to say something like sadness or hammer that nintendo said a lot about at launch and then just nothing after that
Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Capcom sort of pissed me off... I am not a huge monster hunter fan but the first was a port (the only reason other monster hunter games were made was because the sells... and I think the second MH was a port with added content as well...) Devil May Cry and Resident Evil went years without new information and then were canceled. (Rumor has it that they did not even start RE: PSP but just announced it... Terrible thing to do to fans). I doubt that Revalations was RE:PSP because there are not zombies in it. Revalations still looks epic though but yeah Capcom just likes messing with fans. I do admit that it is sickly humorous how bad they stuck it to fans with Megaman Legends 3 (never played the legend games but lol). I mean they had fan input sessions showed footage and got the community involved... then they canceled the game and blamed the fans. ( that is just so wrong but I can not help but find it humorous due to how cold it was).
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Spinnerweb

Capcom sort of pissed me off... I am not a huge monster hunter fan but the first was a port (the only reason other monster hunter games were made was because the sells... and I think the second MH was a port with added content as well...) Devil May Cry and Resident Evil went years without new information and then were canceled. (Rumor has it that they did not even start RE: PSP but just announced it... Terrible thing to do to fans). I doubt that Revalations was RE:PSP because there are not zombies in it. Revalations still looks epic though but yeah Capcom just likes messing with fans. I do admit that it is sickly humorous how bad they stuck it to fans with Megaman Legends 3 (never played the legend games but lol). I mean they had fan input sessions showed footage and got the community involved... then they canceled the game and blamed the fans. ( that is just so wrong but I can not help but find it humorous due to how cold it was).Banjo_Kongfooie

That's exactly what they did; they never started it, just photoshopped an image a 7-year-old could make.

And yeah, they blamed the fans which made me hate them. The group to bring back MML3 had more members than the Gallian Liberation Front, Operation Rainfall and Operation Moonfall, and STILL they blamed the fans and flat-out busted their bubble. :(

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts

I mean they had fan input sessions showed footage and got the community involved... then they canceled the game and blamed the fans. ( that is just so wrong but I can not help but find it humorous due to how cold it was).Banjo_Kongfooie

:lol:
Capcom is such a big troll, they used to be my favorite developer
[spoiler] They still arelol [/spoiler]

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Wrong! The worst cancelled game in history goes to megaman legends 3. They even had a playable demo ready and everything. This game they just showed an image and quietly never talked about it. I'd rather they quietly cancel it than to have it hyped up and then cancel.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Spinnerweb

Wrong! The worst cancelled game in history goes to megaman legends 3. They even had a playable demo ready and everything. This game they just showed an image and quietly never talked about it. I'd rather they quietly cancel it than to have it hyped up and then cancel.

Ghost120x

Yeah, but REP is still terrible. About MML3: They should at least give us the demo so we can see what it was like :( It's quite hard to believe that they were the ones who made Resident Evil 4 seven years ago. They're hopeless without Kenji Inafune. :(

Capcom sort of pissed me off... I am not a huge monster hunter fan but the first was a port (the only reason other monster hunter games were made was because the sells... and I think the second MH was a port with added content as well...) Devil May Cry and Resident Evil went years without new information and then were canceled. (Rumor has it that they did not even start RE: PSP but just announced it... Terrible thing to do to fans). I doubt that Revalations was RE:PSP because there are not zombies in it. Revalations still looks epic though but yeah Capcom just likes messing with fans. I do admit that it is sickly humorous how bad they stuck it to fans with Megaman Legends 3 (never played the legend games but lol). I mean they had fan input sessions showed footage and got the community involved... then they canceled the game and blamed the fans. ( that is just so wrong but I can not help but find it humorous due to how cold it was).Banjo_Kongfooie

Also, I forgot to mention that the bubba in your signature is really cute :)

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

Jack_240
Just cause a game gets added to another system doesn't mean they are going to stop making games for the another.
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

Yay Capcom, yay..

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

If they cancelled it. that would be a good thing? Rather then releasing another horrible game. So that would make it the best thing to do. Cancel a very bad game.

norm41x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 norm41x
Member since 2011 • 813 Posts

Capcom trolled us hard with this game. I even remember them saying that we were in charge of who the main character was going to be LOL!!!

What a bunch of horse **** hahaha.