Red Dead Redemption: Hunting should be harder

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Casper459

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Casper459
Member since 2010 • 48 Posts

I think hunting on the game is to easy. I like the amount of types of animals but I can ride my horse from Armadillo to the Hanging rocks and run over 5 buck.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

I love hunting, although it is easy I must admit.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
lol its not a hunting game. And guns against assuming animals cant be that hard.
Casper459

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Casper459

lol its not a hunting game. And guns against assuming animals cant be that hard. Sepewrath

You sure i thought this was put out by Cabelas!!! no crap. I'm just saying it would be more fun if it was fewer animals or they were harder to find.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

I suppose it can be difficult, but I just love how easy I can shoot birds out of the sky. :D :P

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Like another poster said it is not a hunting game and even though it is not hard it is awesome fun.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

I have not fought a bear yet so I hope they can kill you in 1 or 2 hits.

But yes the hunting is easy but like the one person said it is not a hunting game, however once you get your little skill for hunting up to level 9 you have to hunt "rare" animals by luring them out with bait.

Casper459

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Casper459

But yes the hunting is easy but like the one person said it is not a hunting game, however once you get your little skill for hunting up to level 9 you have to hunt "rare" animals by luring them out with bait.

Melpoe

Like I said before. I KNOW IT'S NOT A HUNTING GAME? I just think in a game were there are many things to do, one of the main things you do should be challenging. I didn't say they should throw you in a stand and make you sit there for an hour to see a coon.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

you wanna go hunting so much then i recommend you buy this TC

:P

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

you wanna go hunting so much then i recommend you buy this TC

:P

LP4EVA2005

Lol I would also recommend that :).

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts
Sht, i was sayin' to my friend before this came out, that i hope they make the hunting hard. I guess not. Taking the hud/mini-map off def makes this game more of a challenge though.
emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 emorainbo
Member since 2008 • 3067 Posts

Deer hunting should be harder thats for sure. Deer are very easily spooked and they also are very agile and quick. For some reason they dont seem to care that much whenever they hear a gunshot go off.

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

Melpoe

Bears can one-shot you. :)

I know this because a buddy of mine said, "Dude, I wanna see a grizzly." We rode out to Tall Trees at night in a thunderstorm. We get there and dismount. He's walking around after 5 minutes and just as he says, "I don't see anything..." a grizzly runs up and owns him from behind. I saw the whole thing. :lol:

It started to come after me, but I was able to drop it. Word to the wise, gents - Protip: You can one-shot a grizzly with a headshot from the bolt-action rifle. 8)

bryu_1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 bryu_1337
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Sure, hunting is easy, but hunting in real life is easy. You just shoot a defenseless animal. Keep in mind that this game takes place in 1911, not 2010. Animals were everywhere because eastern technology hadn't expanded many of the cities enough to drive the animals to secluded parts. The common animals are easy to kill, yes, but bears and cougars and such can be dangerous. Just wait till you get attacked by a pack of cougars, your horse goes down, and three of them maul you at once. It's not so easy when that happens. Take my word for it, I got raped.
Casper459

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Casper459

Sure, hunting is easy, but hunting in real life is easy. You just shoot a defenseless animal. Keep in mind that this game takes place in 1911, not 2010. Animals were everywhere because eastern technology hadn't expanded many of the cities enough to drive the animals to secluded parts. The common animals are easy to kill, yes, but bears and cougars and such can be dangerous. Just wait till you get attacked by a pack of cougars, your horse goes down, and three of them maul you at once. It's not so easy when that happens. Take my word for it, I got raped.bryu_1337

Ha. lol thats funny.