Rare/expensive/hard to find game collections

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NextGen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 NextGen86
Member since 2006 • 578 Posts

Hey guys, I've been collecting rare/expensive/hard to find PS and PS2 games now for a while and wanted to see if anyone else has been doing the same. Some say that I've been wasting my money (partly true) but there's something about it that drives me to keep going.

I've gotten some good ones: Marvel vs. Capcom 2, FF Tactics, FF VII, FF VIII, FF IX, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Alundra, ICO, Saiyuki, Disgaea. All, of course, being complete, mint and black labels. Honestly, I probably won't even play some of them, but it's cool to have them on my shelf. Anyway, let me know some of the games that you're proud of having in your collection and some of the games that you hope of obtaining in the future.

I plan on getting Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle and Castlevania in the near future, but need to get some money first.

anewperfectday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 anewperfectday
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts

OMG, you have Xenogears, you are awesome!!!

All I have is Xenogears & FFVII.

I bought FFVII for $20 at Blockbuster four years ago and didn't realise they're now being sold for extremely high prices.

You have an awesome collection btw.

Avatar image for Please_ThankYou
Please_ThankYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Please_ThankYou
Member since 2007 • 333 Posts
That's only cool if you keep them sealed, in mint condition, in their original packaging so that no one can ever enjoy them.
GANGSTA287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GANGSTA287
Member since 2005 • 967 Posts

OMG, you have Xenogears, you are awesome!!!

All I have is Xenogears & FFVII.

I bought FFVII for $20 at Blockbuster four years ago and didn't realise they're now being sold for extremely high prices.

You have an awesome collection btw.

anewperfectday

lol funny u mention that I just bought 2 copies of FFVII for $40 and $25.... nowadays that's a still...

Dimb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Dimb
Member since 2005 • 1178 Posts
Hmmm i don't know how har these are to find but I do have my FFVII and original Metal Gear Solid.
NextGen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NextGen86

That's only cool if you keep them sealed, in mint condition, in their original packaging so that no one can ever enjoy them.Please_ThankYou

That's too hard for me to do 'cuz some games simply need to be played. I just recently beat Metal Gear Solid and I can't imagine not playing that game.

Charlie643

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Charlie643
Member since 2005 • 92 Posts
I have a few that I'm happy with. I've got Castlevania SOTN, Final fantasy VII and VIII, and Zone of the enders: The second runner. I'd love to get my hands on Vagrant Story and Xenogears though... I loved those games.
dizzykim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dizzykim
Member since 2005 • 721 Posts
Same here, but I haven't done it in a while because I was too busy with work. But to add to your collection (I have all of the ones you mentioned except Alundra) I have Suikoden 2 (PS1), the other Final Fantasy PS1 games (Origins, Anthology and Chronicles), and a couple of other PS1 games that elude me at the moment.
NextGen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NextGen86

Hmmm i don't know how har these are to find but I do have my FFVII and original Metal Gear Solid. Dimb

Not all of those are hard to find, but most of them were pretty damn expensive just because of their demand.

NextGen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NextGen86

Same here, but I haven't done it in a while because I was too busy with work. But to add to your collection (I have all of the ones you mentioned except Alundra) I have Suikoden 2 (PS1), the other Final Fantasy PS1 games (Origins, Anthology and Chronicles), and a couple of other PS1 games that elude me at the moment.dizzykim

Origins is the only FF game I'm missing, but that's cool you have Suikoden 2 - that game has a pretty hefty price tag on ebay.

Blackwater001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blackwater001
Member since 2008 • 531 Posts
I have the very first Need for Speed along with all others. Road & Tracks Need for Speed. Still play it about once a week. Thats more then most of my PS3 games.
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts
I have FFVII, FFVIII, FIX, Tenchu, Tenchu 2, Ico, Bushido Blade, Bushido Blade 2, Parasite Eve 2, Metal Gear Solid and the Syphon Filter trilogy. I didn't look to see which one of those are actually really hard to find, but a bunch of them are nearly impossible. Other than FFVII and FFIX, they are all black labels.
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
FFVII, MGS original, 2 FF8 cause the 1st 1 was to scratched up on the 4th disk so i couldn't watch the end movie so i bought greatest hits version, the whole Crash saga on psx, and Future Cop: LAPD. If i still had Lemmings on PSX that would still be on that list but i don't cause friend stole it but its ok i stole his Gran Turismo and Red Alert.
zspec562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zspec562
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts
wow i didnt know marvel vs capcom 2 or FFIX was hard to find, i have both, but my FFIX is messed up so i never got to beat it. im looking to get a new one
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

Marvel vs. Capcom 2, FF Tactics, FF VII, FF VIII, FF IX, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Alundra, ICO, Saiyuki, Disgaea

I have all those games you said except Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Saiyuki(never even heard of that)

I really dont know what games in my collection are rare so i have no idea :lol:

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mosespippy
Member since 2005 • 7501 Posts
My uncle found FF Origins, Chrono Cross, FFVII disc 1 and 2, and FFVIII disc 3 at the dump once. CC freezes at like the 3rd cutscene, and clearly FFVII can't be finished and VIII can't be started, but I enjoyed VII till I discovered the other disc was from VIII, then borrowed VII from a friend to finish it. Origins is missing the book. As for PS2, I have Freedom Fighters and the unedited versions of Vice City and San Andreas. On PSP I have the Original Version of Liberty City Stories that can be used to crack the firmware on systems running below 2.7.
NextGen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NextGen86

wow i didnt know marvel vs capcom 2 or FFIX was hard to find, i have both, but my FFIX is messed up so i never got to beat it. im looking to get a new onezspec562

They aren't necessarily "rare," but are getting much more expensive due to their demand - it's hard to find Marvel vs. Capcom 2 anywhere nowadays for less than $70

shaggygrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shaggygrosser
Member since 2003 • 5871 Posts
Are Silent Hill and Silent Hill 3 considered rare now? Those are the only 2 I've got that I would imagine are rare.
MajinSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MajinSoul
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

For me I think the rarest game I have is a US version of Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout on my PS1

lokestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lokestar
Member since 2006 • 956 Posts
The rarest games I own are probably my Final Fantasy games. I have ALL of the PSone, and PS2 versions, and none are greatest hits versions. I WISH I had Xenogears but I haven't gotten around to dropping money on that. Parasite Eve is g00d. There are some really rare games out there if you dwell into it. I recently sold all of my Super NES FF games, chrono trigger, and Zelda.
Avatar image for SuperSonicKirby
SuperSonicKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 SuperSonicKirby
Member since 2004 • 2213 Posts

If you're looking for rare Playstation One titles, try Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II.

By the way, all PSOne Final Fantasies except VII and Tactics are being sold new on Amazon.com for $20 or less.

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
I got almost everything you have along with all the shin megami tensei games, thousand arms, and valkyrie profile.
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

I bought Bust-A-Groove for $7 from my local record shop last week complete and in great condition.

seems to be selling for about $50 on the internet.

otherwise, while I have a huge game collection, I'm not in it for the money, I just like to have copies of great games. I have a lot of ps one games without boxes or manuals like FF8 and FF9 and a greatest hits Castlevania SOTN. I actually play these games too.

NextGen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NextGen86

If you're looking for rare Playstation One titles, try Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II.

By the way, all PSOne Final Fantasies except VII and Tactics are being sold new on Amazon.com for $20 or less.

SuperSonicKirby

Yea but they are the "Greatest Hits" versions. Most black label PS games will cost you much more than that.

NextGen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NextGen86

I got almost everything you have along with all the shin megami tensei games, thousand arms, and valkyrie profile.aznfool07

Yea, I've been planning on getting Valkyrie Profile for a while now, but it's just so damn expensive.

Avatar image for SuperSonicKirby
SuperSonicKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 SuperSonicKirby
Member since 2004 • 2213 Posts
[QUOTE="SuperSonicKirby"]

NextGen86

Yea but they are the "Greatest Hits" versions. Most black label PS games will cost you much more than that.

Ah, I apologize for my oversight.

NextGen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NextGen86
[QUOTE="NextGen86"][QUOTE="SuperSonicKirby"]

SuperSonicKirby

Ah, I apologize for my oversight.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to come off as a d!ck. It would save me a lot of money if I bought the "Greatest Hits" versions, but there's something about the originals that I need to have.

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 aznfool07

[QUOTE="aznfool07"]I got almost everything you have along with all the shin megami tensei games, thousand arms, and valkyrie profile.NextGen86

Yea, I've been planning on getting Valkyrie Profile for a while now, but it's just so damn expensive.

If you just want it for the game, get the PSP version.

NextGen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NextGen86
[QUOTE="NextGen86"]

[QUOTE="aznfool07"]I got almost everything you have along with all the shin megami tensei games, thousand arms, and valkyrie profile.aznfool07

If you just want it for the game, get the PSP version.

I want it for both the game and the actuallity of owning the original, so that's why I still don't have it. Ebay only has a few copies and they go for about $100.

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts
Since I don't live in U.S I don't know what is rare for you but you should definetly get shadow of colossus, I'm proud of having it and it's a great addition to the collection.
MajinSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MajinSoul

SuperSonicKirby

I got that one when it first came out 8)

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 aznfool07

Since I don't live in U.S I don't know what is rare for you but you should definetly get shadow of colossus, I'm proud of having it and it's a great addition to the collection.RoOodriGowW

Its an awesome game and its only 15$ at Amazon!

fntsycloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fntsycloud
Member since 2002 • 748 Posts

Xenogears, FFVII, FFVIII, Symphony of the Night, Parasite Eve, Micro Machines V3 and Pro Pinball Big Race USA (not a classic, but rare and awesome still). SOTN, Xenogears and Pinball would be the rarest in my collection.

CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts

I came across Xenogears (black label) at a Game Stop a few months back in a bin for...I want to say less than $20 used. The bad thing was that the case was cracked. But I scooped it up anyways. I love that game. I forget that the game is pretty long. Front Mission 3 was another game I got, that I haven't seen to much of.

I had my original FFVII from launch till about a year ago when I lend it to my younger brother....he lend it to someone else, & you know how the rest of the story goes. I played the hell out of that game. My last play through (last year, before I lent it out) I got everything possible, getting every member to lvl 99 (except for Aerith for obvious reasons). That would be the last time I ever do anything like that again. That took far too long & really had no purpose other than to spread my sad, pathetic story of how I did that.

NextGen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NextGen86

I came across Xenogears (black label) at a Game Stop a few months back in a bin for...I want to say less than $20 used. The bad thing was that the case was cracked. But I scooped it up anyways. I love that game. I forget that the game is pretty long. Front Mission 3 was another game I got, that I haven't seen to much of.

I had my original FFVII from launch till about a year ago when I lend it to my younger brother....he lend it to someone else, & you know how the rest of the story goes. I played the hell out of that game. My last play through (last year, before I lent it out) I got everything possible, getting every member to lvl 99 (except for Aerith for obvious reasons). That would be the last time I ever do anything like that again. That took far too long & really had no purpose other than to spread my sad, pathetic story of how I did that.

CMakaCreative

Xenogears at that price is one hell of a find...and don't feel too bad about that FF VII story; I've done the same thing with FF Tactics

btf504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 btf504
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts
I have Suikoden II, Front Mission 3, FF XIII, SaGa Frontier, Final Fantasy Tactics, Lunar : Silver Star Story, uhhh, probably other rare games that I can't think of right now...
FroMZeRo2HeRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FroMZeRo2HeRO
Member since 2008 • 720 Posts

PS1 Rarest Games:

Lunar:Silver Star Story Complete

Lunar 2:Eternal Blue Complete

Legend of the Dragoon (i think thats what it was called, it was made by Sony)

PS2 Rarest Games:

The Bouncer

VVatson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 VVatson
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts

I have just recently started a rare game collection. I have both Rez and Fatal Frame II, used but in mint condition. Actually they are kinda up for sale if the price is right.

NextGen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NextGen86

I have just recently started a rare game collection. I have both Rez and Fatal Frame II, used but in mint condition. Actually they are kinda up for sale if the price is right.

VVatson

That's funny. You've recently started a rare game collection but are selling two of them already. Nice.

CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts

I have Suikoden II, Front Mission 3, FF XIII, SaGa Frontier, Final Fantasy Tactics, Lunar : Silver Star Story, uhhh, probably other rare games that I can't think of right now...btf504

Having FFXIII in your collection is rare indeed!!!

VVatson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 VVatson
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
[QUOTE="VVatson"]

NextGen86

That's funny. You've recently started a rare game collection but are selling two of them already. Nice.

I know, but I played them, beat them, they are just sitting around. I'm low on cash at the moment. It is a sad fact of life but my collecting days are over. I guess I shouldn't have said "I just recently started a collection." I should have said "I found great prices on these two games and picked them up because I know they are great games and they have a great resell value,"

MajinSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MajinSoul

Legend of the Dragoon (i think thats what it was called, it was made by Sony)

PS2 Rarest Games:

The Bouncer

FroMZeRo2HeRO

Hell yeah! Legend of Dragoon was awesome, Bouncer was one of my first PS2 games. Still have both of them.

Maggot_FF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Maggot_FF
Member since 2006 • 215 Posts

I have all the original FFs and the remakes on PS and all of ehe ones for PS2. i also have an unopened copy of ocarina of time somewhere, just not sure where:P ^-^ and a aqua blue PS2, dont know if its rare or anything, but its the only one i've seen live. my fiance is playing on it now anyways, so she'll probably break it somehow-.- :P

NextGen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NextGen86

I have all the original FFs and the remakes on PS and all of ehe ones for PS2. i also have an unopened copy of ocarina of time somewhere, just not sure where:P ^-^ and a aqua blue PS2, dont know if its rare or anything, but its the only one i've seen live. my fiance is playing on it now anyways, so she'll probably break it somehow-.- :P

Maggot_FF

Man, how did you manage to not open your Ocarin of Time? That game was bada$$.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
i have almost all square (SE) games for psx and 2. (including gears, vagrant, bushido blades, FFT, all final fantasies, aniversaries, etc. I got other rare games i guess, but i don't don't which ones are truly considered rare. BTW, i'm not a crazy SE fan, just accumulated these titles over a 10 year period. damn, i just looked in the shelf and i have some ridiculous amount of psx games
FroMZeRo2HeRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FroMZeRo2HeRO
Member since 2008 • 720 Posts

For me I think the rarest game I have is a US version of Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout on my PS1

MajinSoul

I used to own that too, and i had the japenese DBZ for ps1 with the converter

Maggot_FF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Maggot_FF
[QUOTE="Maggot_FF"]

NextGen86

Man, how did you manage to not open your Ocarin of Time? That game was bada$$.

got two copiesfor christmas the year it came out. :P and kept them both. yeah. great game!

Randy_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Randy_Savage
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts

I've got FFVII and Metal Gear Black label but the most hard to find game that I own has got to be Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsitence: Limited Edition. It seems that one is pretty hard to find these days.

Maggot_FF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Maggot_FF

i have almost all square (SE) games for psx and 2. (including gears, vagrant, bushido blades, FFT, all final fantasies, aniversaries, etc. I got other rare games i guess, but i don't don't which ones are truly considered rare. BTW, i'm not a crazy SE fan, just accumulated these titles over a 10 year period. damn, i just looked in the shelf and i have some ridiculous amount of psx gamesRakuho

same with me. have A LOT of SE games. and a suprisingly big amount of SS game, with mixed results:P square should've stayed enix... i just didn't count the other SE games in my prev post cause i don't know if they will be considered as valuable in a decade as all of the FFs.

Urizen5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Urizen5
Member since 2006 • 521 Posts
HA HA. I never understood collecting. I have all those games mentioned. I even have 3 copies of Suikoden 2 and Two copies of Tactics Ogre(best strategy game) though T.O. has no box. I bought Suikoden because of the price gouge. maybe i'll sell em someday.