Raiden from Metal Gear Solid

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mstc_Q
Member since 2007 • 1901 Posts

How do you feel about Raiden?

Personally, I liked the kid. I thought MGS2 was great, and I do hope to see him be the main character in a future release now that he's finally mastered his ninja techniques.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 zeforgotten
Member since 2006 • 3918 Posts
well, i liked the idea of "him" (not too sure about that since alot of us knows different) i liked it back when they actually wanted him to be a girl. instead of .. whatever the hell he is now (lead singer of a emo band? come on) but he wasn't the only thing i hated about MGS2... but let's not get into that. i think it would have been cool if they have kept to their first idea and picked Raiden to be a woman/girl.. Obviously they changed him into a boy and they didn't want to work on him because the game was in the middle of development, so they just quickly removed the "breasts in the upper area of the body" and said "there we go, the guys will love him and question their own sexuality".. but if any guy out there was afraid because he thought he was into men (not that there would be a problem with that) don't be afraid at all.. you were looking at a woman. :P
dazman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#3 dazman31
Member since 2005 • 2507 Posts
Yeah I liked him but Snake owns him and would have much preferred to have played him longer rather than Raiden.
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

He seemed like he was really gay in Metal Gear Sold 2......which really ruined the game playing as him.

I'm playing MGS 3 right now and it is wayyyy better than MGS2.

moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 moshakirby
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts
His hair annoyed me, but he did offer brilliant story aspects.
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
So you mean we missed girl Raiden x Otacon's Sis lesbian awkwardness?! Dang focus groups, why'd they change it?
The_Tron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 The_Tron
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts
his constant whining in mgs2 is what really caused me to dislike him, however if he was originally supposed to be a woman/girl that makes a lot more sense, cause lord knows they B*t*h about anthing they can. Raiden must have been on his/her period during the game then. Like come on your supposed to be a special agent, don't complain when your asked to defuse a few bombs that'll stop a environmental disaster, suck it up princess.
lazzy102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 lazzy102
Member since 2004 • 455 Posts

mgs3 is awesome... but mgs2 is also very good... it would take to long to explain y we played as raiden in mgs2, go find out on the internet^^ and get the real picture and y kojima did this.

steve4200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 steve4200
Member since 2007 • 387 Posts
yeah i agree i would have liked much better to play raiden for a short period of time then snake for the rest....snake owns...only thing i liked about raiden was the sword...other then that...blah...at least hopefully MGS4 will stick to letting u play as the one true destroyer of metal gears...SNAKE
steve4200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 steve4200

mgs3 is awesome... but mgs2 is also very good... it would take to long to explain y we played as raiden in mgs2, go find out on the internet^^ and get the real picture and y kojima did this.

Didnt any of u get the collectors addition of mgs3? it has a dvd where kojima explains this...he was trying to get the women into playing the games..but didnt like playing as "some old guy" so kojima introduced this guy to draw in the women...dont believe me? before u say im wrong go find the dvd...its kojima talking he explains why he did this and why he has done everything in all his games

lazzy102
steve4200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 steve4200
thats my talking in the comment above ^ i qouted the one guy then for some reason it bunched that in....weird...but yeah find the DVD that comes with MGS3 collectors edition...im sure u can find it on youtube...check it out kojima explains alot of stuff
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mbrockway

yeah i agree i would have liked much better to play raiden for a short period of time then snake for the rest....snake owns...only thing i liked about raiden was the sword...other then that...blah...at least hopefully MGS4 will stick to letting u play as the one true destroyer of metal gears...SNAKEsteve4200

In terms of Metal Gear kill count Raiden easily has Snake beat :P

eliram1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 eliram1
Member since 2005 • 115 Posts

well, i liked the idea of "him" (not too sure about that since alot of us knows different) i liked it back when they actually wanted him to be a girl. instead of .. whatever the hell he is now (lead singer of a emo band? come on) but he wasn't the only thing i hated about MGS2... but let's not get into that. i think it would have been cool if they have kept to their first idea and picked Raiden to be a woman/girl.. Obviously they changed him into a boy and they didn't want to work on him because the game was in the middle of development, so they just quickly removed the "breasts in the upper area of the body" and said "there we go, the guys will love him and question their own sexuality".. but if any guy out there was afraid because he thought he was into men (not that there would be a problem with that) don't be afraid at all.. you were looking at a woman. :P
zeforgotten

youre wrong I have a MGS2 making vidieo and it says that raiden was a guy from the begining

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zeforgotten
Member since 2006 • 3918 Posts

[QUOTE="zeforgotten"]well, i liked the idea of "him" (not too sure about that since alot of us knows different) i liked it back when they actually wanted him to be a girl. instead of .. whatever the hell he is now (lead singer of a emo band? come on) but he wasn't the only thing i hated about MGS2... but let's not get into that. i think it would have been cool if they have kept to their first idea and picked Raiden to be a woman/girl.. Obviously they changed him into a boy and they didn't want to work on him because the game was in the middle of development, so they just quickly removed the "breasts in the upper area of the body" and said "there we go, the guys will love him and question their own sexuality".. but if any guy out there was afraid because he thought he was into men (not that there would be a problem with that) don't be afraid at all.. you were looking at a woman. :P
eliram1

youre wrong I have a MGS2 making vidieo and it says that raiden was a guy from the begining

so now you expect me to dig up a many years old video on youtube just so i can prove i'm right? i have the exact same DVD (probably everyone has that one) and it never says anything about him being either femal or anything, they just explain some stuff about him. but there is concept art of him being a woman all over the internet. just try a page like.. let's see... Google,

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mbrockway

[QUOTE="zeforgotten"]well, i liked the idea of "him" (not too sure about that since alot of us knows different) i liked it back when they actually wanted him to be a girl. instead of .. whatever the hell he is now (lead singer of a emo band? come on) but he wasn't the only thing i hated about MGS2... but let's not get into that. i think it would have been cool if they have kept to their first idea and picked Raiden to be a woman/girl.. Obviously they changed him into a boy and they didn't want to work on him because the game was in the middle of development, so they just quickly removed the "breasts in the upper area of the body" and said "there we go, the guys will love him and question their own sexuality".. but if any guy out there was afraid because he thought he was into men (not that there would be a problem with that) don't be afraid at all.. you were looking at a woman. :P
eliram1

I guess Raiden being a girl would have made the whole pregnancy thing awkward.

"And who may I ask is the father?!"

Though that would have explained the flirtiness with Otacon's sister. She was distraught over being betrayed :P

Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts
i didn't like raiden at all. for some supposidly amazing child soldier he was a whiny little punk who cries about everything. "colonel i cant do this mission alone, i need someone................rose i miss you WAAAAAA!" it looks like they beafed him up for mgs4 and one of the clips in the TGS07 demo shows snake holding Raiden in a helicopter and it looks as though Raiden is taking his last breath (who knows, maybe he didn't kill vamp in that sweet @$$ ballarina brawl earlier). so im cool with it if raiden dies even though he looks tougher in the next installment.
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mbrockway

i didn't like raiden at all. for some supposidly amazing child soldier he was a whiny little punk who cries about everything. "colonel i cant do this mission alone, i need someone................rose i miss you WAAAAAA!" it looks like they beafed him up for mgs4 and one of the clips in the TGS07 demo shows snake holding Raiden in a helicopter and it looks as though Raiden is taking his last breath (who knows, maybe he didn't kill vamp in that sweet @$$ ballarina brawl earlier). so im cool with it if raiden dies even though he looks tougher in the next installment.Col_Swamp

Everyone should know by now that the Ninja suit is a death sentence! :P

Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts

[QUOTE="Col_Swamp"]i didn't like raiden at all. for some supposidly amazing child soldier he was a whiny little punk who cries about everything. "colonel i cant do this mission alone, i need someone................rose i miss you WAAAAAA!" it looks like they beafed him up for mgs4 and one of the clips in the TGS07 demo shows snake holding Raiden in a helicopter and it looks as though Raiden is taking his last breath (who knows, maybe he didn't kill vamp in that sweet @$$ ballarina brawl earlier). so im cool with it if raiden dies even though he looks tougher in the next installment.mbrockway

Everyone should know by now that the Ninja suit is a death sentence! :P

good call!

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

He seemed like he was really gay in Metal Gear Sold 2......which really ruined the game playing as him.

I'm playing MGS 3 right now and it is wayyyy better than MGS2.

ParadiseAwaits

What?! I don't see anything gay about this...

[spoiler]  [/spoiler]

Haha jk.

SeraphAngel7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SeraphAngel7
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I always thought that Raiden was a decent character at best. I didnt exactly hate him or love him. I enjoyed MGS2 alot though. And I do agree that MGS3:S was better(but of course, the online was fun as heck). Raiden in MGS4 is looking like he will be a better character. But thats just because he LOOKS cooler. We still have no idea how the game will play out, so Raiden could still be his same whiney self from MGS2.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sa10kun

I always thought that Raiden was a decent character at best. I didnt exactly hate him or love him. I enjoyed MGS2 alot though. And I do agree that MGS3:S was better(but of course, the online was fun as heck). Raiden in MGS4 is looking like he will be a better character. But thats just because he LOOKS cooler. We still have no idea how the game will play out, so Raiden could still be his same whiney self from MGS2.

SeraphAngel7

I kinda wonder... In the trailers he says he's not affraid to die before stabbing vamp through his own body. Has he stopped being whiny? Or has he just become emo? I can imagine him with styled hair listening to the cure.(sorry cure fans)

dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts
he seems a little fem to me and like a wuss
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

How do you feel about Raiden?

Personally, I liked the kid. I thought MGS2 was great, and I do hope to see him be the main character in a future release now that he's finally mastered his ninja techniques.

mstc_Q

he was a pansy in MGS2... lucky he manned up and now he kicks ass! (too bad he has the flexibility of a 28 year old vegeterian yoga instructor from downtown new york who's about to get married to japanese hair stylist named Jin)

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

SeraphAngel7

I find it funny how in the japanese trailer for MGS4 (you know, the one where we first saw Snake putting the gun in his mouth), Raiden actually sounded masculine...but for some unknown reason, the american version sounds like a whiney girl. hm...

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#26 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
He's alright...but I have to go with Snake FTW!!!
mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mstc_Q

He's alright...but I have to go with Snake FTW!!!tryfe_lyn

I agree that I like snake more... but he's gotta die eventually.

At least, that seems to be the direction Hideo is heading.

Would you accept Raiden as a permenant replacement?

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

[QUOTE="tryfe_lyn"]He's alright...but I have to go with Snake FTW!!!mstc_Q

Raiden is pretty much our only hope for a MGS5, unless Kojima takes back the whole "Snake's last mission". So I'm crossing my fingers so that Raiden stays alive at the end of MGS4.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sa10kun
[QUOTE="mstc_Q"]

[QUOTE="tryfe_lyn"]He's alright...but I have to go with Snake FTW!!!GreenGoblin2099

Raiden is pretty much our only hope for a MGS5, unless Kojima takes back the whole "Snake's last mission". So I'm crossing my fingers so that Raiden stays alive at the end of MGS4.

They could always push the clone thing even further by cloning young solid snake again. 99 solid snakes on a plane!

And that way we could play as Samuel Jackson.=D

megadeth78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 megadeth78
Member since 2005 • 2676 Posts

There was nothing wrong with Raiden. It was nice playing as a noob* that was basically just thrown out there on a mission and seeing how he develops and matures along the way.

Oh, and MGS2 > MGS3

*not technically a noob, just had amnesia or something like that

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sa10kun
Ok I got another question. How many of you let that soldier pee on raiden? Or, did you try to avoid it? I didn't get what was happening and ended up looking at the pee flying at him in first person mode.
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#32 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts

There was nothing wrong with Raiden. It was nice playing as a noob* that was basically just thrown out there on a mission and seeing how he develops and matures along the way.

Oh, and MGS2 > MGS3

*not technically a noob, just had amnesia or something like that

megadeth78

I agree. The reason we like Snake so much, is cause he is a bada$$. And whining or not, Raiden did some really bada$$ things for a rookie. You see, the problem wasn't Raiden. If there is someone who needs to be hated, is that b!atch Rose! She is the winny one! Does she understand that his boyfriend is getting shot at, pi on and pooped by birds as he fights a bunch of nutjobs?? Apparently not, as all she cares about is disturbing the poor guy with her stupid "Jack, do you remember what tomorrow is?". If I were Raiden, I would whine.

And talking about whining, Snake did quite a bit of it about the whole Meryl thing in MGS. And no one complained. Granted, he did it in a more manly sort of way, but hey, whining is whining.

Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts
zeforgotten

He was originally planned on being a girl? So your saying they added Rose to the story, recorded a sh** load of dialogue, all half way throgh production because they thought he suddenly needed a sex change? That's ridiculous... Where did you hear he was originally going to be a girl?
megadeth78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 megadeth78
The decision to change sex could have easily been done in pre-production...
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 C-Himura
Girl or no girl, Raiden wasn't MGS2's problem. That was Rose.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
I liked Raiden apart from the bit where you to play as Raiden naked.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sa10kun

I liked Raiden apart from the bit where you to play as Raiden naked.Swift_Boss_A

It would have been cool if you could press a button to uncover yourself and cause the soldiers to cover their eyes. Then you could bonk them on the head.

jdas03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jdas03
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i thought mgs was the best one, and i really liked raiden, hope he makes some sotta appearance in mgs 4 that would be kool!
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 C-Himura

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]I liked Raiden apart from the bit where you to play as Raiden naked.sa10kun

It would have been cool if you could press a button to uncover yourself and cause the soldiers to cover their eyes. Then you could bonk them on the head.

A spy is gotta use what he can:lol:

Either that, or the soldiers could start talking to themselves about how jealous they are about Raiden's "size". Remember when you go back after being discovered and flat yourself against the torture table and you get censored by the pop straw. And then the guards come in and just are amazed:lol:. Another reason why Raiden was a great protagonist. No one can deny you laugh at the situations the guy had to face. So, the MGS humor perfectly fitted Raiden.

megadeth78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 megadeth78

I remember trying that in my 2nd run through. Hilarious. :lol:

Reaper_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Reaper_Squad
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts

i thought he waspretty cool

except the time when he was naked

that was pretty disturbing =[

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
The point was not to make Raiden gay people... the point was to make him seem like the exact opposite of snake. think about it. Snake is a western style hero and Raiden is a Eastern world type of hero. If you doubt it look at almost every american hero(movies or comics) and compare them to eastern hero's. I am pretty sure you will see that they stay pretty true to form.
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

Liquid-Prince

He was originally planned on being a girl? So your saying they added Rose to the story, recorded a sh** load of dialogue, all half way throgh production because they thought he suddenly needed a sex change? That's ridiculous... Where did you hear he was originally going to be a girl?

I too found that a little stupid...

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
I thought MGS2 was one of the coolest games on the PS2... until he showed up. Man, way to blow a completely epic start.
ENIXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ENIXMAN
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts
I enjoyed Raiden including the nude part. Instant classic :P (I'm not a raging homosexual)
mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mstc_Q

I enjoyed Raiden including the nude part. Instant classic :P (I'm not a raging homosexual)ENIXMAN

I have to admit, Metal Gear Solid 2 without the naked scene wouldn't have been the same game. I thought it was pretty hilarious myself. (And I'm happily married.)

darklink3053

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 darklink3053
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts
i thought raiden was ok aside from the conversations with rose and the frequent "do u know wat day tomorrow is?"
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sa10kun

i thought raiden was ok aside from the conversations with rose and the frequent "do u know wat day tomorrow is?"darklink3053

Raiden : "Yea, of course I know...It's the day YOU LEARN TO SHUT THE HELL UP BYOTCH!!!!"

Strife037

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Strife037
Member since 2007 • 647 Posts

eh i thought he was cool myself and really enjoyed the game playin as him...was intresting...would be AMAZING if they woulda made like a special edition or huge unlockable that u cold play snakes side of the game....and yea raiden is ganna be cool in mgs4 seems to have grown!

G3ckobain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 G3ckobain
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

Meh... I like him but i prefer Snake anyday

*remebers* Raiden Naked Cartwheels *Shivers* Urggg .... now if he was a girl imagine how many much more copies MGS2 would have sold :P