Quick question about updating PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SadExchange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

User Lists: 0

#1 SadExchange
Member since 2003 • 1866 Posts

I'm looking into buying a newer PS3 since I have one of the original models and I play it quite extensively.  I'm not interested or going to buy the PS4 till later next year until more games are announced, but I've been out of the loop as far as models of the PS3.  I'm looking at the bundle on amazon for GTAV which is about $270 and was wondering, if this was the latest PS3 model being sold?

Also, on a side note, is it easy to transfer my profile, save games and downloaded games onto the new one once I buy it?

Darkeroid2212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Darkeroid2212
Member since 2012 • 293 Posts

Yes. It is the latest.

However, on a new PS3, you have to make a new profile(I mean PS3 profile, not PSN account). As for moving save files, if you have PS+, just upload them anddownload them on the newer PS3. However, a far easier and quicker solution is to insert an USB Storage (flash drive, etc.) into your older PS3, copy the saves, then insert the USB into the new PS3 and then copy them. As for trophies, if you have them synced with your PSN account, they'll transfer to the newer PS3 when you sync. Dowloaded games, I am afraid you have to re-download them on your new PS3, which is free.