PSP screen tearing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

greg_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 greg_killer
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I am thinking of buying a PSP, but I want to know if the screen tearing is a big issue with it.I assume you know what is and what causes screen tearing,so i won't talk about it.What i want to know is if it is a predominant problem,or only something that happens relatively rare.Screen tearing is a huge turn-off for me. PS:I don't want to hear you telling me to wait for the 3ds or for the PSP2 or stuff like that.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

If it bothers you that much, get the Go. All the 3000 models have interlaced screens. It is more apparent in some games than others. For example, in Street Fighter Alpha 3 characters seem to almost fall apart. However, it is less apparent--though still there--in games like God of War. Your eyes adjust though. It's like going back to playing games on an interlaced crt monitor.

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts

If it bothers you that much, get the Go. All the 3000 models have interlaced screens. It is more apparent in some games than others. For example, in Street Fighter Alpha 3 characters seem to almost fall apart. However, it is less apparent--though still there--in games like God of War. Your eyes adjust though. It's like going back to playing games on an interlaced crt monitor.

Heirren
I've never noticed bad screen tearing in a PSP game. Only screen tearing similar to what you see on some console games. I wouldn't say its anyway near as bad as Darksiders.
fmacraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fmacraze
Member since 2007 • 5658 Posts
get a screen protector /thread
zinoalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 zinoalex
Member since 2008 • 1057 Posts

I have a 2000 series model that came with the daxter game, so it's a few years old. I've always kept it stored in a plastic case when not using it. But lately I've started to have image tear. It matters not if I am playing a game ot surfing the internet. At approx 1/3 from the left part of the screen it starts to tear. Can this be fixed. Or is the system toast?

I know Vita is right around the corner but it doesn't support UMD's a I have a lot of them. So I need this system to work. I 'll listen to all advise.Thanks!

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#6 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

I have a 2000 series model that came with the daxter game, so it's a few years old. I've always kept it stored in a plastic case when not using it. But lately I've started to have image tear. It matters not if I am playing a game ot surfing the internet. At approx 1/3 from the left part of the screen it starts to tear. Can this be fixed. Or is the system toast?

I know Vita is right around the corner but it doesn't support UMD's a I have a lot of them. So I need this system to work. I 'll listen to all advise.Thanks!

zinoalex

I have a 2000 series model too :D and I have a case for it :)

Maybe you can send it in to Sony or some retailer to get it repaired?

zinoalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 zinoalex
Member since 2008 • 1057 Posts

I was thinking that also but I wonder if it would be more a cost than what the unit's worth.But I do need a 2000 or 3000 unit as I do not want to buy my games again.