Psp Problem with Volume Down Button

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Varanovice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Varanovice
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Okay, so this has been a problem for a while, and i hope it's not the end of my precious PSP. One day, I left my PSP on a table, leaving it on for a while. When i came back, the volume was all the way down, and no matter how much i mashed on the Raise Volume button, it stayed silent. I tried to clean it, and that was to no avail. Granted, i could have cleaned it insufficiently, as is my way of work (sadly), but i think it's besides the point. Interesting fact, i can restore my PSP to it's original settings, and it will have half-filled volume, before draining due to a stuck Lower Volume button. Please tell me that it was just my terrible clean job, and not that i have to go back and buy a new PSP. Here's hoping! ~Varan
JNKtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 JNKtastic
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts
Have you ever had volume control problems before then? And how long, exactly, did you leave it on the table? Not... like... a month, right? Somehow, it sounds like maybe your minus volume button/sensor got stuck - especially with the way you described how your original settings work... only to drain back down to mute. What happens when you plug in a PSP earphone/headphones set with the remote control and try altering the volume that way? Any changes whatsoever? Does it go up only to go back down? Does the volume even change when the buttons are depressed? If the problem is a stuck key, you might be able to re-shell your PSP and take care of the problem that way (though that will likely void any and all remaining warranty on your unit depending on how old it is and whatever) or... I dunno. What version PSP do you have? The original or slim?
Varanovice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Varanovice
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
My PSP is the Original Version. I only left it on said table for about 3-4 hours (I used to have great battery life :0) And no, i hath not tried an earphone.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#4 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

My PSP is the Original Version. I only left it on said table for about 3-4 hours (I used to have great battery life :0) And no, i hath not tried an earphone.Varanovice

Did you press the -Vol button at all or did it happen itself? Try opening your PSP and adjusting it or just press it in different ways so it pops back out :)