PSP not charging what the hell....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dazzzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 dazzzilla
Member since 2006 • 1246 Posts

Well here is my issue a few weeks ago I noticed my PSP 3000 wasnt charghing easily I had to twist the cord alot to get ti to connect, and it completely stopped so I bought a USB to AC charger off ebay and I thought Id give it a shot, it sort of started charging until I pulled the on switch about 15 seconds into charghing and the green light came on and blinked as if it was going flat, and now It wont charge...... what the hell is going on or is this another product of sony's bad quality in the last 5 years....?, because seriously I cant see a 1.5 volt charger when the PSP is usually charghing with 5v through a outlet breaking the fuse,.....

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts

Have you tried just using a USB cable to your computer? When you put the 3000 into USB mode it should charge. If it doesn't your battery might be dead.

dazzzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dazzzilla

It never wanted to charge thourgh usb when it was flat it did however once it was in the menu...?

kikitube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 kikitube
Member since 2009 • 576 Posts

Maybe you should change your PSP charger. If it still not working, maybe your PSP batterie is the problem.

hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts

Since it affect both USB and DC it has to be a loose contact so:

Fold a piece of paper and stick it behind the battery to secure it in place.

dazzzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dazzzilla

Borrowed a relatives psp 2000 charger and its working fine, dam cheap 3rd party stuff I swear when will i learn my lesson, try to save a few bux and then end up spending more in the end.

psp-asylum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psp-asylum
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Glad you have solved what was wrong with it ;) :)
Megasus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Megasus_
Member since 2009 • 198 Posts

I have the same problem, but I guess it's my fault. My special battery of no one's business came from China. hehe, it served it's purpose, though... However, I just play it plugged in now. Gonna get a real battery soon, I know not to make the mistake of bricking my psp anymore XD

FendersONLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 FendersONLY
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts

I have the same problem, but I guess it's my fault. My special battery of no one's business came from China. hehe, it served it's purpose, though... However, I just play it plugged in now. Gonna get a real battery soon, I know not to make the mistake of bricking my psp anymore XD

Megasus_
Naughty naughty naughty lol
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#10 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

Megasus_
LOL exact same story for me. Don't get china batteries! Sony's will last you much longer.
Avatar image for Fiery_Fatalis82
Fiery_Fatalis82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fiery_Fatalis82
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Well, it can be either your battery or charger that's got the problem. I've been having the same issue with my PSP 3000. Its pretty old (about 4 years i think) so I'm guessing its my battery that's got the problem. But in the last few weeks it was working fine, I just had to twist the cord of the charger so it would charge. But now it completely stopped charging for a reason i don't even know. I had no choice but to let it charge in the USB connection, but it doesn't work too. So it probably is the battery that's got the problem.