PSN keeps getting BETTER and BETTER..Check This Out

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
Background music allowed on PS3's weather and news service

AS you may have read, as part of the Playstation Life scheme, people will be able to read news on the PS3 but it has also been revealed that they can check the weather too. It is also possible to set background music while viewing the earther and checking the news and weather all around the world. Twelve shots of the service are available to view at Dengeki.com.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
anyone have a clue when this comes out? I love to look up the weather of other countries :)
Shortbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Shortbob
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
It's kind of old news but It does look very neat! Thanks for posting!
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

Wii has had this since release, and it's not hard to improve on something that's pretty bad already.

Mau-Justice

Man you always come up with something negative to say about ps3 , if you don't have anything good to say stfu I don't' need your negativity neither does anyone here.

@Topic

That's great news besides it we are gone be able to buy and watch movies in blu-ray quality , xbox360 had since releas... ops it didn't cause it can't play true hi def medias , sorry.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

Wii has had this since release, and it's not hard to improve on something that's pretty bad already.

RoOodriGowW

Man you always come up with something negative to say about ps3 , if you don't have anything good to say stfu I don't' need your negativity neither does anyone here.

@Topic

That's great news besides it we are gone be able to buy and watch movies in blu-ray quality , xbox360 had since releas... ops it didn't cause it can't play true hi def medias , sorry.

Yea great, because I love sitting through installs. Especially in MGS4 when you have to install Mid-game. That's just fantastic.

I'll say the feature is cool when it gets here. Judging by Home, I don't believe anything Sony says.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

Yea great, because I love sitting through installs. Especially in MGS4 when you have to install Mid-game. That's just fantastic.

I'll say the feature is cool when it gets here. Judging by Home, I don't believe anything Sony says.

Mau-Justice

Who said it was mandatory install? Did I miss that?

KD-2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KD-2
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I think the new feature is a pretty cool idea...espically since olders gamers supposedly have ps3's and older people love the weather channel...lol. In all seriousness though, this will be another another great addition for the ps3
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
These features are really mini on my " I really give a ____ list". I would like to see some of these "Great" titles we were told abou.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 emitsu97

These features are really mini on my " I really give a ____ list". I would like to see some of these "Great" titles we were told abou. MusashiSensi

So would most of us but those are completely different people working on those "Great" titles.

GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#11 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts
anything on a possible release date?
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mau-Justice

anything on a possible release date?GenTom

Yea it's either "Soon" "Shortly" or "In the near future"

Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts
meh, its true, the wii already has it, and its kinda lame. Any idea if I can zoom in like google earth? Looks nice, but come on... Really?
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 emitsu97

Yea it's either "Soon" "Shortly" or "In the near future"Mau-Justice

Weird, none of those qualify as a date. :|

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I could care less about the weather in other countries or music playing in the background. That's why we have the internet and our PCs. Instead of wasting time on that, make PSN more accessible for online play. There are like 10 times as many people using microphone headsets on Xbox live than PSN. PSN is like a ghost town.. but Sony doesnt care about online play...
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emitsu97

I could care less about the weather in other countries or music playing in the background. That's why we have the internet and our PCs. Instead of wasting time on that, make PSN more accessible for online play. There are like 10 times as many people using microphone headsets on Xbox live than PSN. PSN is like a ghost town.. but Sony doesnt care about online play...Elann2008

I'm not quite sure the guys dev'ing this app have anything to do with the number of headsets in use.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mau-Justice

[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]Yea it's either "Soon" "Shortly" or "In the near future"emitsu97

It's Sony's method...I don't make the rules. Contact them. SCEA says this stuff in articles/interviews all the time, almost like it's an inside joke.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 emitsu97

It's Sony's method...I don't make the rules. Contact them. SCEA says this stuff in articles/interviews all the time, almost like it's an inside joke.

Mau-Justice

It's not Sony's method. Questions on any product still in development in any industry get that kind of response. A release date consists of a day, month, and year. None have been given for this app, none have been given for 2.40, none have been given for HOME.

Avatar image for _Classic_Gamer_
_Classic_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _Classic_Gamer_
Member since 2007 • 4776 Posts
I can't wait for the PS3 fanboys who bashed Wii for having a forecast channel come forth and start praising PS3 for getting one of their own. Oh wait, maybe it's already started.
Tacticity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tacticity
Member since 2008 • 421 Posts
It's not a inside joke. It just takes time for them to get it out on the market. Belive me when it comes it will be well worth the wait. Even when this update comes you can also use it in PS3 home. You can then play your music, and vidoes directly inside the game in a virtual TV.
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 thegame1980
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
because I love sitting through installs. Especially in MGS4 when you have to install Mid-game. That's just fantastic.

Mau-Justice

Yet switching discs midgame was "such a burden". At least that's what Sony fans said. :)

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thegame1980
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

emitsu97

Who said it was mandatory install? Did I miss that?

I don't know about you but it wouldn't let me play Act II without preinstalling the next scenario.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 emitsu97

I don't know about you but it wouldn't let me play Act II without preinstalling the next scenario.thegame1980

The discussion is regarding the weather and news app. Nowhere did I see anything about a mandatory install for the app.

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
Looks cool.
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thegame1980

[QUOTE="thegame1980"]I don't know about you but it wouldn't let me play Act II without preinstalling the next scenario.emitsu97

The discussion is regarding the weather and news app. Nowhere did I see anything about a mandatory install for the app.

Talking about MGS4 and other PS3 games ;)

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
Looks like a useful feature to me.
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts
[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"][QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

Mau-Justice

@Topic

rodrigoww i agree with you. mau-justice, you're just a sad person.. u complain about midgame instal of MGS4? less than 5 minutes in on of the best game ever? go shatter ps3's popularity and expand your negativity to your own friends ok? (btw comparisons like that are supposed to be in the system wars forum. so stfu and go post your useless comments there)

Pileofconverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pileofconverse
Member since 2005 • 557 Posts
Wow thats so lame. Weather Channel? :(
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mau-Justice

5 minutes? PER ACT. PLUS the installation in the beginning. Trying to sugar coat it?

Best game ever? That's why that is just your opinion(Hence how I also have my own). And what System wars comparison did I make?

gusnitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 gusnitro
Member since 2004 • 355 Posts

These features are really mini on my " I really give a ____ list". I would like to see some of these "Great" titles we were told abou. MusashiSensi

IZ that brotha lynch?

gusnitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 gusnitro
Member since 2004 • 355 Posts
That picture album thingy.;)
Avatar image for orangeturtle472
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 OrangeTurtle472
Member since 2007 • 2636 Posts
lol why is this so special? The wii had these weather and news features since launch.
thadude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thadude85
Member since 2008 • 447 Posts

[QUOTE="_Classic_Gamer_"]I can't wait for the PS3 fanboys who bashed Wii for having a forecast channel come forth and start praising PS3 for getting one of their own. Oh wait, maybe it's already started.thegame1980

Such is the life of a Sony fanboy. Watch as the other consoles get everything else first, laugh at it, call it useless or not something I care about then when Sony launches their version say things like I can't wait for this or this is so much better then (insert console name here)'s version.

this is why people flame you, always trying to start a console war or stir up an agrument. why cant you just state your opinion without taking digs constantly.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mau-Justice
[QUOTE="thegame1980"]

[QUOTE="_Classic_Gamer_"]I can't wait for the PS3 fanboys who bashed Wii for having a forecast channel come forth and start praising PS3 for getting one of their own. Oh wait, maybe it's already started.thadude85

Such is the life of a Sony fanboy. Watch as the other consoles get everything else first, laugh at it, call it useless or not something I care about then when Sony launches their version say things like I can't wait for this or this is so much better then (insert console name here)'s version.

this is why people flame you, always trying to start a console war or stir up an agrument. why cant you just state your opinion without taking digs constantly.

He did have a point (Albeit a small one) Remember how PS3 fans ripped on Achievements constantly? Then they get all excited when they announced Trophies. Some things tend to get forgotten.

It works both ways though.

KittenNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KittenNipples
Member since 2007 • 3013 Posts
Is it just me or does the earth look FRIGGIN SWEET!
TrueProphecy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TrueProphecy22
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts

Oh, been looking for something to replace the Weather Channel - this is it!!

They only have the weather on the 8's anymore, it's not like it used to be.

Anyways, I would love this feature even more if you could Fold@Home while watching weather. Will that be a feature, or did they forget about it?

hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
It's funny, ps can release google earth and people think it's the best thing evar. Really? How long are you going to use this? Maybe the first 10 minutes you get it, but seriously? I don't get it.
Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts
Awesome, I can check the weather on my PS3 instead of just looking out the window now.
I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts
Wait you can listen to your music while playing? Why did I not hear about this!?
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
[QUOTE="emitsu97"]

[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]Yea it's either "Soon" "Shortly" or "In the near future"Mau-Justice

Why don't you go troll somewhere else?

LittleYoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LittleYoshi
Member since 2004 • 1490 Posts

Mau-Justice

@Topic

Oh man I love switching disks during a game.......(and it still needs to install/load afterwards)

darren05r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 darren05r
Member since 2006 • 397 Posts

Mau-Justice

@Topic

haha this is coming from a guy who has a dreamcast avatar!!!!

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 I_pWnzz_YoU
seriously when is the in-game XMB arriving?
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

seriously when is the in-game XMB arriving?I_pWnzz_YoU

In about 3 weeks.

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 I_pWnzz_YoU

[QUOTE="I_pWnzz_YoU"]seriously when is the in-game XMB arriving?americahellyeah

In about 3 weeks.

YES!

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts

5 minutes? PER ACT. PLUS the installation in the beginning. Trying to sugar coat it?

Best game ever? That's why that is just your opinion(Hence how I also have my own). And what System wars comparison did I make?

Mau-Justice

lol u even deserve an answer. cya (not)

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#48 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
[QUOTE="emitsu97"]

[QUOTE="thegame1980"]I don't know about you but it wouldn't let me play Act II without preinstalling the next scenario.thegame1980

i can never get on a ps3 board with blind fanboys like you,mau-justice and gamer082009 bashng anything the ps3 has to offer are you jealous of it? are you getting payed? no matter what you are clearly an anoying little fanboy, shame on you. and weather system seems alright but i don't think i will go on it much to check the weather.
I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 I_pWnzz_YoU
[QUOTE="thegame1980"][QUOTE="emitsu97"]

[QUOTE="thegame1980"]I don't know about you but it wouldn't let me play Act II without preinstalling the next scenario.shadowkiller11

i can never get on a ps3 board with blind fanboys like you,mau-justice and gamer082009 bashng anything the ps3 has to offer are you jealous of it? are you getting payed? no matter what you are clearly an anoying little fanboy, shame on you. and weather system seems alright but i don't think i will go on it much to check the weather.

Okay, deeep breathes, thats it now just sit back down and relax.. I hate people who get angered this easily

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
[QUOTE="thadude85"][QUOTE="thegame1980"]

[QUOTE="_Classic_Gamer_"]I can't wait for the PS3 fanboys who bashed Wii for having a forecast channel come forth and start praising PS3 for getting one of their own. Oh wait, maybe it's already started.Mau-Justice

He did have a point (Albeit a small one) Remember how PS3 fans ripped on Achievements constantly? Then they get all excited when they announced Trophies. Some things tend to get forgotten.

It works both ways though.

Seems you have forgotten that the people who do not care for achievements are not the same people who are praising trophies. Just because each of them are PS3 owners doesn't mean they are the same person. Pretty narrow-minded of you.

I for one was one of those who don't care for achievements and play games to get out of them what I want to get out of them, not what some list tells me I should so I can brag about it. So yes, I have been and will always be a person who doesn't care for achievements/trophies/points...any of that and never will.