psn+ is worth the money in retrospect

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I am just counting all the Psn games I have played and it's $75 worth so far this yr with 9 months left to the yr. I only paid $30 for my psn+ with the holiday deal at gamestop.

Resogun $15 or $20 great quick game if u only have a few minutes of time

Stryker $15 or $20 great game

Outlast $20 and scared to play but looks good. I played a few minutes. The older I get the scarier I am.

Dont starve is the only game in don't care for.

Dead nation is a fun game and co op is good also.

Grant it I probaby wouldnt pay for these games without the psn+ since I am a AAA type guy. I want super realistic games in the sense of the size of the characters are human size vs dead nation top down miniature scope and I just think indie games are more like arcade type games that if not free would just put quarters in arcade. The are big scope games with fleshed out characters etc. Indie games have it's place for people that like old school games. I could play old school games but not want to pay for them. I want great realistic graphics and big budget and games last forever to justify $60. Mgs ground zero is an exception to the rule for the price since I remember mgs series was the first game besides RE series that had a great story line and looked at myself as a hero in the place of snake.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Yea. The indie games are more arcade type games but there are plenty of great cheap indie games. PS+ also has plenty of amazing discounts for full retail games. The discounts are easily the best feature about PS+. I was one of those guys who always said that I would prefer the disc copy over the digital copy. However, the PS+ discounts have been so great where it is far better than on amazon or ebay. Not all the time but there have been plenty awesome sales especially when they give you back $10 credit. I already have 46 purchased digital games...... 56 disc games. Just look at this week's sales. I got Need For Speed: Most Wanted for $5. It is $20 on amazon now. I just bought a 750 GB hard drive for my filled up 120 GB Slim PS3 so I can upgrade the hard drive. I only got 29 GB left on my 500 GB Super Slim. When I see this, I can't imagine how quick it would be fill up a 500 GB PS4.

The instant games are great as well but lot of the time I already have them.... I currently got 20 instant games in my backlog list. I do think the discounts are a better feature than the instant games. Also, I think PS+ really improved with discounts and instant game ever since the PS4 came out. More subscribers so maybe Sony can pay more to the developers to put their game out as instant game? With PS4 out and PS3 games getting old, the developers willing to sell their game for real cheap on PS+? Whatever reason. I am happy that I could get Need for Speed: Most Wanted for $5.

I too got the $29.99 yearly subscription during black friday which makes it even better.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Honestly the past 6 months alone have been worth the year subscription price. I paid 50 for the year and don't regret it one bit.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Are those all just PS4 games? Owning a PS3 and Vita, PS+ has been a hell of a deal for me. I haven't had to buy many Vita games thanks to PS+, and I've played a decent number of PS+ games on the PS3, with about a dozen or so that I've claimed and am still trying to get to. Then there's also the extra discounts. It's spending money to save money, but it's still added value to PS+ for me.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

PS Plus is awesome. People whine all the time and say, "but you do not get the keep the games if you are not a Plus member." Once you are a Plus member, why would you want to stop. I do not have a PS4 or Vita, but the PS3 games alone are worth it. I paid $50 for a 15 month subscription, and have gotten way more than $50 worth. I probably have gotten close to $1000

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

For £30 a year, absolutely. I'm simply not buying games anymore because of it. The only exceptions are Dark Souls II and whenever the Vita Store has a good sale on. I don't have time for more and the majority of the IGC lineup is solid to great.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@SoNin360: yes all the games I mentioned are ps4 games. I sold my ps3 to help out getting ps4. I am not t he type to keep all my systems and I want the latest and greatest games graphically enhanced games.

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

My only regret is not subscribing sooner. I only started my PS+ subscription in December and never fully realized how many cool free games there were available on the PSN. Granted, right now the pickings are fairly slim for the PS4, but subscribing to PS+ has certainly helped breathe new life back into my PS3.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Puggy301 said:

My only regret is not subscribing sooner. I only started my PS+ subscription in December and never fully realized how many cool free games there were available on the PSN. Granted, right now the pickings are fairly slim for the PS4, but subscribing to PS+ has certainly helped breathe new life back into my PS3.

I subbed a year ago, so angry i didn't do it sooner

comchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By comchild
Member since 2004 • 238 Posts

PS+ used to be an "okay" service, but now it is simply on par with phenomenal. I can't even imagine how much better it's going to be, considering it's now a requirement to play online with the ps4.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#11 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

The only reason I got PLUS is so I can play MP online with my friends, but the bigger benefit I enjoy is the free AAA tittles for my PS3. Am I sorry I didn't get PLUS years ago? No....because most of those free games would have been bargain-bin tittles by the time I bought them, "BUT" I am happy with the service now and that's all that matters.