This topic is locked from further discussion.

Harrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Harrick
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts
After owning the PS3 awhile I've decided the biggest problem with it's on-line is they didn't pack in a cheap mic with the system :P Granted a lot of the chatter over Xbox live is annoying I find the eerie silence in a lot of PS3 games unnerving. Hopefully enough people will buy Warhawk in the stores to fix this for me. I need to be able to hear people scream in rage as a grenade takes them out or it's just not the same. ;) Do a lot of you guys wish there was a packed in mic as well or am I just odd?
Robotron92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Robotron92
Member since 2007 • 520 Posts
After owning the PS3 awhile I've decided the biggest problem with it's on-line is they didn't pack in a cheap mic with the system :P Granted a lot of the chatter over Xbox live is annoying I find the eerie silence in a lot of PS3 games unnerving. Hopefully enough people will buy Warhawk in the stores to fix this for me. I need to be able to hear people scream in rage as a grenade takes them out or it's just not the same. ;) Do a lot of you guys wish there was a packed in mic as well or am I just odd? Harrick

most of us get by and i dont need a mic as bad as you say but i think it does kinda get akward after all most of us payed 600 which is $200 more than xbox and dont get a 15 dollar mic.
_DeatH-MetaL_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 _DeatH-MetaL_
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

After owning the PS3 awhile I've decided the biggest problem with it's on-line is they didn't pack in a cheap mic with the system :P Granted a lot of the chatter over Xbox live is annoying I find the eerie silence in a lot of PS3 games unnerving. Hopefully enough people will buy Warhawk in the stores to fix this for me. I need to be able to hear people scream in rage as a grenade takes them out or it's just not the same. ;) Do a lot of you guys wish there was a packed in mic as well or am I just odd? Harrick

LOL ok for you ill add screaming little kids

mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mobius1979
Member since 2005 • 690 Posts
i dont like hearing people complaining over the mic. i do have one tho. Mic should be used to rely information in game to organize strategies against the other team, I hate useless chatter but then again it s maybe because i m a lil bit older, i have noticed mostly teenagers and lil kids talk for no reason.
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts

What is there really to say? Why bother announcing things people already know (e.g. "I died") or listen to people scream out in anger?

That isn't completely true though, I have heard people have really good conversations with strangers, but is that really the point of the mic?

rogue81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 rogue81
Member since 2003 • 922 Posts

I don't like hearing little kiddies piss and moan when things don't go their way,nor do Ilike hearing people talk smack in my ear whenI get killed. It's just childish, and it makes me want to pull out my headset. If anyone actually talked strategy it might be worth wearing one.

NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts
I would kinda like more talking. Adds something IMO. And the one time I actually played RFOM coop with another guy with a headset we totally pwned.
mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mobius1979

I would kinda like more talking. Adds something IMO. And the one time I actually played RFOM coop with another guy with a headset we totally pwned. NielsNL

there is no online co op in RFOM only multiplyer games :roll:

leon106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 leon106
Member since 2005 • 594 Posts
ive had alot of fun times on xbox live with my headset and i thought it would be repeated in warhawk...but the sound quality out of my bluetooth headset is crap so i just stopped wearing it.
NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts
I meant capture the flag type of play. Don't know what you call that, I call it cooperative since you should cooperate with others.
mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mobius1979

ive had alot of fun times on xbox live with my headset and i thought it would be repeated in warhawk...but the sound quality out of my bluetooth headset is crap so i just stopped wearing it.leon106

it s not your headset it s the game, i play online quiet a lot and i must say warhawk has the worst mic quality ever, the best mic communication are on tekken DR online, then R6V, and then GRAW2 ( but it does have a mic loop glitch once in a while).

I dont know what sony will do to make sure the mic coms get better in warhawk coz it needs it.

Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

What is there really to say? Why bother announcing things people already know (e.g. "I died") or listen to people scream out in anger?

That isn't completely true though, I have heard people have really good conversations with strangers, but is that really the point of the mic?

l8bitz

not really

mics are usually for games for like GRAW or SOCOM where you must have a mic because online game includes having to strategize with your team

but if it just straight death match where your just aimlessly running around trigger happy killing anything that moves, there is no real need for a mic

mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mobius1979

I meant capture the flag type of play. Don't know what you call that, I call it cooperative since you should cooperate with others. NielsNL

ah ok, yeh those are team games/matches. Co op's are usualy refered as story mode played cooperatively.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
I'll admit that I'm not a big talker when I play online. If I'm on a team and we need to come up with a a strategy I'll talk, but during death matches or games that don't require strategy, I usually don't talk unless my friends are in the match. I just don't feel the need to BS much when I'm playing a game. Maybe this is because I'm a single player gamer at heart, who just plays online once in a while, but I don't care for constant talking in a game.
coolguy681

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 coolguy681
Member since 2006 • 1353 Posts
jeff gerstmann doesnt use a mic why should I?
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

I'll admit that I'm not a big talker when I play online. If I'm on a team and we need to come up witha a strategy I'll talk, but during death matches or games that don't require strategy, I usually don't talk unless my friends are in the match. I just don't feel the need to BS much when I'm playing a game. Maybe this is because I'm a single player gamer at heart, who just plays online once in a while, but I don't care for constant talking in a game. nyc05

I'm the same way. I'm not a fan of having a conversation when playing but like with vegas if I end up a team with a few guys who use the mics like they should to call out enemies they see, then you can really dominate the other team.

Half of our kills the last game I played like that we got because one guy would tell us where they were and keep them busy with blind fire until we snuck around behind them and wiped them out.

Shaqneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shaqneel
Member since 2006 • 1413 Posts
i dont like hearing people complaining over the mic. i do have one tho. Mic should be used to rely information in game to organize strategies against the other team, I hate useless chatter but then again it s maybe because i m a lil bit older, i have noticed mostly teenagers and lil kids talk for no reason.mobius1979
Yeah, I agree. While for strategy and such an included mic would have bee n nice, a lot of people, using xbox live as an example, just scream stupid **** over the mic. I hear more f-bombs and things like "YOUR WERE OWNED NOOOOOB" than anything remotely strategic and constructive so hence i feel it would be a lot more annoying if they did include a mic. Still, i did buy warhawk with the headset, it's mostly been a good experience as people on my team actually used it for strategy. I suppose the whole point is that we shouldn't give any idiot a mic, just let them buy it themselves, and then they've sort of had to pay to say stupid things.
rac_fan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rac_fan12
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
IM just really a social person i cant stand no one talking especially when they have the option to silence just makes the game boring id like it for more people to talk and to be more friendly
_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts
Well...I'm from Norway so people probably wouldn't want to hear me talk :oops:
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#20 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
HEY! The silence is the only reason my sister is allowed online and why we didn't buy a 360!:P
Avatar image for SecretWasianMan
SecretWasianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretWasianMan
Member since 2006 • 1462 Posts

HEY! The silence is the only reason my sister is allowed online and why we didn't buy a 360!:PSymphonycometh

You realize that chat can be turned off over Live right?

Theibault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Theibault
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
I agree. It is too quiet. Lets all get on start talking!!!!
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#23 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]HEY! The silence is the only reason my sister is allowed online and why we didn't buy a 360!:PSecretWasianMan

You realize that chat can be turned off over Live right?

:o

Why all the complaints?

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
True that the PSN online doesnt have enough people talking, the problem is you have to push L3 botton everytime. Lots of time I said F* this and F* that and DAMNIT to myself when I get shot. LOL..... thing will change when HOME comes out, I hope. and there will be more updates for everything. just give it time.
Harrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Harrick
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts
I didn't know you had to hit L3 to talk :P Good to know. I've spent more time with Warhawk now and have decided to buy it asap. It will be nice to get the hands free mic for the system. Does the blue-tooth headset that comes with it work with any Blue-tooth device like my Cel phone ;) ?