• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Beta is up now for Vita and PS+ members so figured i would open a discussion thread. Downloading it now!:D

(Just to avoid confusion you don't need PS+ on the vita version i probably should reword that):P

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts
Don"t have PSN+ :( have to wait
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TwistedShade

Don"t have PSN+ :( have to waitBlake135
:( hopefully it's something worth waiting for though. This will help me decide to preorder it or not.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Played it at the egames here in Switzerland, wasn't impressed at all. Not sure wheter or not I should give it another chance with the beta ssince I played a pre-beta build there

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Where can I find it? Can't find it on the PS3 or Vita Playstation store!
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TwistedShade

Where can I find it? Can't find it on the PS3 or Vita Playstation store!darkspineslayer
Have to specifically search for it like the BF3 beta. But you're not missing anything the servers aren't working. What a great first impression.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts
Don"t have PSN+ :( have to waitBlake135
all vita users can download the beta it's just the ps3 users who need ps+
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blake135
[QUOTE="Blake135"]Don"t have PSN+ :( have to waitGhost120x
all vita users can download the beta it's just the ps3 users who need ps+

Awesome ! Thanks downloading now. While I'm not super excited for the game since it seems more like a hit and miss. I hope Superbot learns from their mistakes and imrproves on the next All Stars, or really I hope this one does well that Sony throws more money around to get more characters or that third parties WANT their characters in their game.
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
Downloading now, can't wait to check it out
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TwistedShade

Still waiting on those servers.....They really move like lightning.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#11 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Woohoo! Finally!

artitech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 artitech
Member since 2011 • 34 Posts

Was able to get into a match, but got disconnected before it finished. First impression, holy **** the characters get tiny on the Vita screen. It's probably okay for most people but I have bad eyesight so that makes it hard for me to see what's happening when the characters are all over the place.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

Tried it a while ago and was completely underwhelmed I can't be the only one right?

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blake135

Was able to get into a match, but got disconnected before it finished. First impression, holy **** the characters get tiny on the Vita screen. It's probably okay for most people but I have bad eyesight so that makes it hard for me to see what's happening when the characters are all over the place.

artitech

Characters and especially Text are too small, doing the Tutorial had my putting the screen to my face to try and read the text, hopefully they fix those issues but I doubt it:?

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TwistedShade

Really it's pretty underwhelming. Combat feels terrible i didn't like any of the characters and the stages just weren't that interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
It plays exactly like Super Smash Bros, but not nearly as fun. Why is their no way to see the score while the match is going on and no idea how much health you have? It's dumb.
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghost120x
I like it but I cant get into a match after several tries. I know the full game may not be like this but I'm about to cancel my pre order.
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TwistedShade

It plays exactly like Super Smash Bros, but not nearly as fun. Why is their no way to see the score while the match is going on and no idea how much health you have? It's dumb.darkspineslayer
Not really *exactly* like it. The attacks don't have as much power to them it just hardly feels like you're attacking someone. maps are way to small and they don't support the action well it just constantly feels cluttered and too hectic. and yeah i don't like the whole kill system either. Also don't like lack of options, not sure why i can't turn voice chat off when there have been kids screaming into their mics.

A7xhto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 A7xhto
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts

Smash bros inspired, One of my most anticipated games! I really like it so far. I had NO lag what so ever online! game played so smooth. This is the kind of game Sony was missing.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blake135

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]It plays exactly like Super Smash Bros, but not nearly as fun. Why is their no way to see the score while the match is going on and no idea how much health you have? It's dumb.TwistedShade

Not really *exactly* like it. The attacks don't have as much power to them it just hardly feels like you're attacking someone. maps are way to small and they don't support the action well it just constantly feels cluttered and too hectic. and yeah i don't like the whole kill system either. Also don't like lack of options, not sure why i can't turn voice chat off when there have been kids screaming into their mics.

Personally I think they should have said **** it and copied Super Smash, It is hard to be different in a Smash Bros type game, it's like complaining there is shooting in FPS's, clearly they tried something different but to me...it just doesn't feel that great. It IS BOT's First game and Sony's first into the Smash EM Up Genre so hopefully they make a better one next time, for now meh..ill pick it up but not until a decent price drop probably..$25-$35 or something (AUS dollars)

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Played a few matches. As someone that despises Smash Bros, I despise this too. Hate it. Just like Smash Bros, it's way too chaotic for me. I understand the four players fighting at once and the generally chaotic fast gameplay is meant for the "party" atmosphere, but to me that's just counter productive to what I want out of a fighting game. I can't get enjoyment out of this kind of fighting game. I like my fighters to be about 1 on 1 gameplay, be at a more reasonable pace and be something I can sink my teeth in to. If people like this sort of fighter then fair doos, but I'll stick to my more traditional fighting games. Good roster though.

Avatar image for superfalcon1234
superfalcon1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 superfalcon1234
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

I cant find it in psn UK !!!!

is it just me ...... i searched everywhere and yes i used the search :(

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TwistedShade

superfalcon1234

Think it's US only.:(

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 burgeg

superfalcon1234

It's on the Vita store. But not PS3 yet because they haven't added the new PS Store. When the new PS Store goes up it will be on there. It actually was briefly on this morning, but the new "improved" PS Store had tons of issues so Sony had to take it down. I assume it will be back up tommorow along with this beta and hopefully the store will actually function properly this time.

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

This game is freakin sweet.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blake135

Final Thoughts about the Game. Characters are too small on the Vita's screen, I do wear contacts so my vision is not the best so ill factor in that. Character Supermoves to me feel pretty badly unbalanced, for example why does Kratos's Level 3 Special Allow for multiple kills on people allowing him to rack up about 6 kills while Prappa's level 3 Supermove Kills eveything on screen and thats it, while Kratos's requires alittle skill to get Kills it however is not bloody hard to execute it well, some characters have pretty spamable moves too.

Game feels unbalanced around *Who can spam the best Special* this often feels like im gimped for playing a certain character that perhaps holds a special place in my heart.

Overall while I have had fun with the Beta it feels like a downloadable game that shouldn't be full priced, will pick it up for my Vita when I see a [rice drop or two.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#27 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I tried it out a bit this morning, and right now my feelings mirror blake135's. The game seems kind of unbalanced - mainly, it seems like Kratos is really OP and I'm finding it difficult to get close to anyone using him. I might also just not be very good at it. I played the tutorial once and played three online matches, one of which resulted in a disconnection.

I didn't think the characters are too small, and I also wear contacts, though I have spent years playing handheld games so maybe I'm just used to it. I do sometimes find myself losing track of where my character is at on the screen, mainly whenever other people are playing as the same character as me.

I think the beta is also a little disappointing in terms of game modes, and the way everything is laid out is kind of confusing. The only Solo mode is the tutorial, so you can't play through a regular offline game against computer opponents. The online multiplayer is listed under Tournament mode.

I guess it's forgiveable that you only have access to a few characters, though now I'm curious about whether there will be any surprise unlockable characters available in the full game. I haven't even tried playing as anyone except Parappa, Fat Princess and Sly, so I might try the others out yet. Maybe my next choice will be Kratos, since he pretty much kills everything.

Not sure if I will be buying this game or not, but the novelty of bringing all of these classic PS characters together in one game is still enticing. Right now my brains are telling me that this is not going to be a game worth paying full price for, and to wait until it comes down in price some.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 burgeg

I've played a bit more of the beta now and I'm kinda warming to this game....surprisingly fun. I've got used to the pace and everyones movesets. It's not an insane and hard to follow the action as I initially thought. I hardly ever lose a game I play now. I always pick a random character and I've won my last 8 or so games in a row. My favourite character is Sweet Tooth. Maybe the main thing I hate about Smash Bros is the knocking your opponent out of the stage mechanic. I quite like the super kill system in this game. It's interesting and not as unbalanced as you would think. I'm still not getting this game, but it's worth mentioning I am enjoying what I'm playing now. Who knows, maybe somewhere down the line it will be free on PS Plus. I'd like that.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TwistedShade

After playing it some more and giving it a chance i have to agree with the posters above me^. I feel like the character imbalance could be a big issue considering the SPECIAL moves are how you net kills. I played against a Radec who hit level 3 and racked up kills while during the same match a loko got his and only got 4.

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

Final Thoughts about the Game. Characters are too small on the Vita's screen, I do wear contacts so my vision is not the best so ill factor in that. Character Supermoves to me feel pretty badly unbalanced, for example why does Kratos's Level 3 Special Allow for multiple kills on people allowing him to rack up about 6 kills while Prappa's level 3 Supermove Kills eveything on screen and thats it, while Kratos's requires alittle skill to get Kills it however is not bloody hard to execute it well, some characters have pretty spamable moves too.

Game feels unbalanced around *Who can spam the best Special* this often feels like im gimped for playing a certain character that perhaps holds a special place in my heart.

Overall while I have had fun with the Beta it feels like a downloadable game that shouldn't be full priced, will pick it up for my Vita when I see a [rice drop or two.

Blake135

I felt the same way in regards to the specials until I realized how each character should be played. I've been maining Radec and I can tell you if you're just trying to get his sub-par 3rd special instead of using his more effective 1st special, that's also easy to get, you're going to have a bad time. I can imagine it's like that with other characters. Also, Kratos's first two specials are hard to hit so it makes up for it with his third. Spend more time with it and you'll see.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ghost120x
Radec and kratos seem really cheap compared to the other characters in the beta but let's hope as the full character section comes into play things get straightened out. Some how I doubt it though.
danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts
It was some what fun but I wish would played more like Dissidia or Anarchy Reigns.
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Blake135

Radec and kratos seem really cheap compared to the other characters in the beta but let's hope as the full character section comes into play things get straightened out. Some how I doubt it though.Ghost120x

Haha god im one of those Toxic players that sometimes plays Radec:P, hes got Insane Supermoves with his Triangle Longe Range move being overpowered as hell, along with a Decent Forward Square Move that pushes them back so you can continue. I *Assume* Characters will be adjusted near the games release and after with patches.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
Im actually surprised about how much i like it. Will be picking it up for ps3/vita day 1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

I don't know if all of us were brainwashed overnight or something, but I played the game some more this morning and found myself enjoying it a bit more.

I think I like Radec and Parappa the best right now, since I'm doing okay with them.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Blake135

I don't know if all of us were brainwashed overnight or something, but I played the game some more this morning and found myself enjoying it a bit more.

I think I like Radec and Parappa the best right now, since I'm doing okay with them.

Ovirew
Gotta say funny enough I slightly feel the same, it's fun and I enjoy myself, annoyed some of my favorites didn't make it. I gotta see what Other modes there are and what some reviews say about it. I'll definably be picking it up at a later date. I do hope SuperBot improves because a Sony IP Smash Up has been something I have wanted for a very long time, the game is not up to the Quality I would have liked but hell it seems to be "decent" for their first time.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

Really it's pretty underwhelming. Combat feels terrible i didn't like any of the characters and the stages just weren't that interesting.

TwistedShade
Without being a fanboy I have to disagree. I like it a lot, but different opinions and all that.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#38 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

Ovirew

I think you just need to get past the gag reflex. :P It's not trying to be Super Smash Bros., and that takes some getting used to.

At least for me, anyway. It's somewhere between a conventional fighter and SSB in terms of complexity and accessibility.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ghost120x

[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]Radec and kratos seem really cheap compared to the other characters in the beta but let's hope as the full character section comes into play things get straightened out. Some how I doubt it though.Blake135

Haha god im one of those Toxic players that sometimes plays Radec:P, hes got Insane Supermoves with his Triangle Longe Range move being overpowered as hell, along with a Decent Forward Square Move that pushes them back so you can continue. I *Assume* Characters will be adjusted near the games release and after with patches.

So you're one of those radec triangle button spammers? then I despise you ;)
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 burgeg

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]Radec and kratos seem really cheap compared to the other characters in the beta but let's hope as the full character section comes into play things get straightened out. Some how I doubt it though.Ghost120x

The success of just about every character revolves on spamming the same move over and over again so I don't know why it's Radec in particular that annoys you. The only difference is that with Radec you can do it from a distance. This isn't exactly a deep fighting game...

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Blake135
[QUOTE="Blake135"]

[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]Radec and kratos seem really cheap compared to the other characters in the beta but let's hope as the full character section comes into play things get straightened out. Some how I doubt it though.Ghost120x

I only do it sometimes haha, it's more fun destroying those type of players since that's the only move they know :p
aryanbrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 aryanbrar
Member since 2004 • 2101 Posts

i tried it when the beta invites went out, i personally didn't like it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
I've started running into players who for lack of a better term, turn into ghosts. Both Vita and PS3 version. First time it was me and two other Kratoses (Krati?), me alive after killing them off with a level 3. They didn't respawn, but they were moving and attacking me. I could see their blades attack. Second time me and a single Parapa, who never finished the respawn invincibility frames. This is kind of annoying, I was really enjoying myself before this started happening. Is this a glitch, or an exploit I'm unaware of?
OmegaAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 OmegaAK47
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

After thet beta, I must say that I was impressed. The game does feel like SSB inspiered, but it's is it's own thing. I like the fact that there isn't a health meter and supers are how you can knock people out. This way the game feels more skilled that way.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
The more I play the more I hate the Radec spammers. Last night I got into a match with three Radecs and they all did the exact same thing. It's funny though, how some Radec spammers have no clue how to play and they don't have any idea what to do when you get near them. The game is fun and I'm really having fun using Sly but those damn Radec spammers that just sit in corners building their meters are terribly annoying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

I've decided that I really like Parappa, since he is small and agile and really kind of appeals to my playstyle. I also really just like his personality in general.

I actually had fun dealing with a Redec player up close as Parappa earlier, that was fun. XD I'm actually not bad with Redec up close, though I usually like to gain distance again as soon as I'm able. If you're fighting Kratos up close as Redec, you're at a pretty big loss.

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I notice that a lot of times I will select a character, and then when the match begins I'm automatically Kratos even though I didn't want to be. Thinking it's a glitch, and hopefully it doesn't happen in the actual game. I think it happens to other people since when it happened earlier everyone else was also Kratos.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TwistedShade

My favorite is Sly Cooper. i like the volume of his attacks his specials are pretty good(his level one is easy kills). Also enjoy fighting Radec's it's annoying when they spam but once you get in close they act like they have no idea how to play.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I havent played it, there seems to be a massive U-turn on the quality of the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

I havent played it, there seems to be a massive U-turn on the quality of the game.

Zaibach
Well, I think it's just one of those things that takes some getting used to. It kind of reminds me of when I first started playing Halo 3 multiplayer years ago. It's kind of foreign at first, and you aren't sure how you feel about it, but after playing a few matches you start to have fun with it and see where it could be an okay game. I think, with the consideration that this is still a beta, the actual game could be pretty decent. If I'm having fun with the beta, then I'm sure I could have fun with the actual game, so that's a good sign to me.
foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

not a day 1 purchase , may get it eventually if there was some offers like a giftcard or something.