This topic is locked from further discussion.

gareth218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gareth218
Member since 2008 • 152 Posts

I have been hearing lots of romours lately about sony making a PS4. Why?!? In my eyes the PS3 is not missing any big features. Does anybody know about any of the new features the PS4 is going to have? As long as they carry on making system updates for the PS3 there is no point in a PS4.

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
Its just rumors enjoy the PS3 as the PS4 wont be out any time soon (hopefully) :)
cosmicwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 cosmicwave
Member since 2005 • 1237 Posts

where did you read this rumour? the only rumour that i've been reading lately is about sony making a slim ps3. other than that, haven't heard any rumour about ps4.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

don't listen to them.. there are still some 3rd party games being made for the ps2.. besides since we are coming to a point where graphics are so good they don't matter that much.. there is no point in rushing to the next gen.. rumors are dumb and normally don't pan out, so just ignore..

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

I imagine all of the cosole makers started development of their next console the second this current generation was released.

I don't think we'll see anything from Sony for quite a few years, they have new many losses in $$$ they need to try and make up with PS3.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
There won't be a new console for at least a few years. Those are just rumours and they're just plain stupid.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
I hear the PS4 is going to launch at a price of $800....
ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2291 Posts
Seriously the ps4 is at least 24 months away... at least!
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Doolz2024
Seriously the ps4 is at least 24 months away... at least! ydnarrewop
the PS4 won't launch in 2 years...
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="ydnarrewop"]Seriously the ps4 is at least 24 months away... at least! Doolz2024

Seriously. The PS4 won't be available until they finish building the first Best Buy on Mars.
ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ydnarrewop

[QUOTE="ydnarrewop"]Seriously the ps4 is at least 24 months away... at least! Doolz2024
the PS4 won't launch in 2 years...[/QUOTE Well, in my opinion in two years the next Playstation console will be very close (Note I said "at least" meaning this is a minimum) and that's my opinion...sooooo you can take a note from Plato's ideology: The mark of an educated mind is the ability to entertain an opinion without accepting it. Hence my opinion is mine; feel free to entertain it...lol :D But, I'll also entertain the opinion that I'm wrong...God knows I've been before. And, unless you actually work for ye olde Sony - How in the name of Lord Lipton can you say without some fragment of doubt that a new console in two years is absolutely impossible? Me thinks you cannot and can only base your assumption on rumor blogs and possibly the past release cycles :)

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

Well technically he is right .. you won't have to worry about a launch of another systems for at least another two years .. so we have two years to not care about pointless topics like this ..

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nephilim83

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"][QUOTE="ydnarrewop"]

Seriously the ps4 is at least 24 months away... at least!

ydnarrewop

Well, in my opinion in two years the next Playstation console will be very close (Note I said "at least" meaning this is a minimum) and that's my opinion...sooooo you can take a note from Plato's ideology: The mark of an educated mind is the ability to entertain an opinion without accepting it. Hence my opinion is mine; feel free to entertain it...lol :D But, I'll also entertain the opinion that I'm wrong...God knows I've been before. And, unless you actually work for ye olde Sony - How in the name of Lord Lipton can you say without some fragment of doubt that a new console in two years is absolutely impossible? Me thinks you cannot and can only base your assumption on rumor blogs and possibly the past release cycles :)

Sometimes people say things based on the fact that its the only thing that makes any earthly sense to them. I, personally, don't see the logic behind a PS4 when the PS3 has not yet been fully explored. We have a long cycle of changes to go through before the PS3 gets even a little bit dated. In two years it should be in its prime. I give it at least another four years before the PS4 gets even close to the shelves at your local wal-mart. These are my own personal assumptions based soley on how much logic I see in them and how rediculous anything to the contrary would be. I do not doubt them. That would be silly. ;)

ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ydnarrewop
[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="ydnarrewop"]

the PS4 won't launch in 2 years...[/QUOTE Well, in my opinion in two years the next Playstation console will be very close (Note I said "at least" meaning this is a minimum) and that's my opinion...sooooo you can take a note from Plato's ideology: The mark of an educated mind is the ability to entertain an opinion without accepting it. Hence my opinion is mine; feel free to entertain it...lol :D But, I'll also entertain the opinion that I'm wrong...God knows I've been before. And, unless you actually work for ye olde Sony - How in the name of Lord Lipton can you say without some fragment of doubt that a new console in two years is absolutely impossible? Me thinks you cannot and can only base your assumption on rumor blogs and possibly the past release cycles :)

Sometimes people say things based on the fact that its the only thing that makes any earthly sense to them. I, personally, don't see the logic behind a PS4 when the PS3 has not yet been fully explored. We have a long cycle of changes to go through before the PS3 gets even a little bit dated. In two years it should be in its prime. I give it at least another four years before the PS4 gets even close to the shelves at your local wal-mart. These are my own personal assumptions based soley on how much logic I see in them and how rediculous anything to the contrary would be. I do not doubt them. That would be silly. ;)

lol well said :)
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Doolz2024

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"][QUOTE="ydnarrewop"]Seriously the ps4 is at least 24 months away... at least! CanadianCR

Well technically he is right .. you won't have to worry about a launch of another systems for at least another two years .. so we have two years to not care about pointless topics like this ..

i dunno. the launch of the PS4 in 2011 seems pretty unlikely...
Jayvan_JJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jayvan_JJ
Member since 2006 • 1044 Posts
[QUOTE="Nephilim83"]

[QUOTE="ydnarrewop"][QUOTE="Doolz2024"]

Well, in my opinion in two years the next Playstation console will be very close (Note I said "at least" meaning this is a minimum) and that's my opinion...sooooo you can take a note from Plato's ideology: The mark of an educated mind is the ability to entertain an opinion without accepting it. Hence my opinion is mine; feel free to entertain it...lol :D But, I'll also entertain the opinion that I'm wrong...God knows I've been before. And, unless you actually work for ye olde Sony - How in the name of Lord Lipton can you say without some fragment of doubt that a new console in two years is absolutely impossible? Me thinks you cannot and can only base your assumption on rumor blogs and possibly the past release cycles :)

Slim PS3 and PSP GO! at their best....
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Don't worry about the PS4, we won't see it for at least 3 years.
ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ydnarrewop
Well who knows I s'pose? However, in 2011 that'll be 5 yrs for the system...
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#20 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I disagree. I would love to hear more news about the PS4. It is expected around 2013. The new feature would obviously be better graphics, and I like games with very good visuals.

ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ydnarrewop
2013 hey? That seems too far to me. I mean ps3 hit in '06...Hey anyone of you have precognition? :D
Jayvan_JJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jayvan_JJ
Member since 2006 • 1044 Posts
2013 hey? That seems too far to me. I mean ps3 hit in '06...Hey anyone of you have precognition? :Dydnarrewop
it hit 06 but in november, so technically it hit 2007, and 5 years, 2011, u'll hera the anounce ment it in 2011 at e3, and then in november they'll relaase it (technically 2012)
FluxZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 FluxZero
Member since 2004 • 286 Posts
Of course they are working on the PS4, its takes a long time to delveop these products. As we speak I would guess that they are investagating possible technolgy for implementation and defining the scope of the project.
ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ydnarrewop

Now that's something I agree with :)

The e3 announcement that is...a few posts up :)

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]the PS4 won't launch in 2 years...Doolz2024

i dunno. the launch of the PS4 in 2011 seems pretty unlikely...

Oh I fully agree .. but his wording makes up for it .. saying at least two years .. it could release in 5 years and his statement is still true ..

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

I have been hearing lots of romours lately about sony making a PS4. Why?!?

gareth218

Because you have been listening to them. Stop listening to rumor and you won't hear them anymore.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

where did you read this rumour? the only rumour that i've been reading lately is about sony making a slim ps3. other than that, haven't heard any rumour about ps4.

cosmicwave
In what world do you live? When a company releases a console you can bet that they immediately start working on the next one.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="nethernova"][QUOTE="cosmicwave"]

In what world do you live? When a company releases a console you can bet that they immediately start working on the next one.

How so? Ps1 was released in 1995. Ps2 developement started early 1999 and was released march 2000. PS3 wasn't announced until 2005 and then released in 06. They may have been working on it for a while, and they may be talking about the next system, but as you can see we've gotten at least a good five years out of each system so far.
gedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gedo
Member since 2004 • 237 Posts
First of all I am pretty sure the rumors you heard was a slim ps3. Second of all Sony and microsoft have already worked on their next platform they mentioned this before even if it's in it's initial design phase or at least some sketches on a white board. Third of all I am pretty sure the next wave of consoles won't hit for at least 2 more years, with a new xbox and maybe a year or two later with a new playstation.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="nethernova"][QUOTE="cosmicwave"]

Nephilim83

How so? Ps1 was released in 1995. Ps2 developement started early 1999 and was released march 2000. PS3 wasn't announced until 2005 and then released in 06. They may have been working on it for a while, and they may be talking about the next system, but as you can see we've gotten at least a good five years out of each system so far.

Doesn't matter when it is announced ..

Companies do instantly start looking into the future .. I mean we're already hearing that the PS4 'could' go 3D, which is stupid but none the less companies don't just sit back and wait, they get going on the future as quickly as possible.

I'm sure they are discussing ideas, and maybe even putting together little sketches of what they want their next system to look like, and do.

And it takes much longer than a year to put together a system ..

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

With the power of this generations consoles, the PS4 and other systems won't be out until 2013 so 4 years of life left. The reason being is due to all the money invested in these consoles (except the wii) the PS3's hardware is not close to being outdated same with the 360 both companies spent A LOT of money on these systems and for them to release a new system before they make a lot of profit would be very dumb. 360's don't make money yet nor do PS3's and they are close to, but the price range for both systems is still kind of high and M$ still has to pay all that money they're losing on extended warranty, Sony is still working on Home etc...there's plenty of time left before a PS4.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nephilim83

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="nethernova"] In what world do you live? When a company releases a console you can bet that they immediately start working on the next one.CanadianCR

Companies do instantly start looking into the future .. I mean we're already hearing that the PS4 'could' go 3D, which is stupid but none the less companies don't just sit back and wait, they get going on the future as quickly as possible.

I'm sure they are discussing ideas, and maybe even putting together little sketches of what they want their next system to look like, and do.

I agree. Like I said they may be brainstorming right now, but what I was getting at is that it will be a while yet before we hear anything of it. And I know it takes more than a year to develope a system. That's why I said they may have been working on them for a while. I'm sure they have several different R&D teams working on the next big thing, but others are still working on making the PS3 experience beeter I'm sure. Don't misunderstand, I know its probably in its earlier stages or roughsketches and functionality ideas but they aren't rushing to throw it together and out on the shelves. It'll take YEARS to develope something significantly greater than the consoles already out.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"] How so? Ps1 was released in 1995. Ps2 developement started early 1999 and was released march 2000. PS3 wasn't announced until 2005 and then released in 06. They may have been working on it for a while, and they may be talking about the next system, but as you can see we've gotten at least a good five years out of each system so far. Nephilim83

I agree. Like I said they may be brainstorming right now, but what I was getting at is that it will be a while yet before we hear anything of it. And I know it takes more than a year to develope a system. That's why I said they may have been working on them for a while. I'm sure they have several different R&D teams working on the next big thing, but others are still working on making the PS3 experience beeter I'm sure. Don't misunderstand, I know its probably in its earlier stages or roughsketches and functionality ideas but they aren't rushing to throw it together and out on the shelves. It'll take YEARS to develope something significantly greater than the consoles already out.

:lol: I think I misread your last part .. :)

I to am curious to see what else they can bring to the table as I feel the PS3/360 are incredibly good systems .. but I'm not going to think about until it happens ..

My PS3 is all I need at the moment .. ;)

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

:lol: I think I misread your last part .. :)

I to am curious to see what else they can bring to the table as I feel the PS3/360 are incredibly good systems .. but I'm not going to think about until it happens ..

My PS3 is all I need at the moment .. ;)

Here here!! PS3 FTW!!! (and for a long time coming) :D