PS3: Worth The Deal?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goeniko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Goeniko
Member since 2009 • 286 Posts
The main thing that pops up in discussions like these is that It's too expensive which is completely relative I find. if the PS3 doesn't fit your budget then it doesn't fit your budget, but even the $500 that I paid for it was a damn good deal if you consider what you're getting for your money. Most people compare it to the 360 and conveniently ignore things like the built-in Blu-Ray {versus the $180 or so HD-DVD drive add-on for the 360} and free online play {Xbox Live costs like $50 per year}. Even if you aren't interested in that sort of thing, they do contribute to the value of the console. Also, I hear some complaints on it's size and I really don't see how it's "too big." How is that even a concern? It's bigger than the PS2, sure, but shelf space is the last thing on my mind when considering what consoles I'm interested in buying. Especially if you compare it to the 360 which isn't too much smaller than the PS3. I've heard some complaints about the idea of a memory card reader{Which costs money} being a necessity for you to put in your PS2 game data into your PS3. In my opinion, it would've been nice if the reader were included, but griping because it wasn't is pretty ridiculous. It's not the least bit necessary for making use of your console, and Sony is already giving more than enough away for free to get the PS3 into people's homes. My only gripe is that it's pretty useless as a peripheral once you transfer your files onto the PS3. Last time I checked you can't even transfer them back, so it's pretty much a one-shot deal. Transfer the files on all your memory cards and then stuff it in the closet with your PS2 to collect dust.
lukas1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lukas1051
Member since 2008 • 687 Posts
Yeah, the PS3 is superior, we all know that already.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

You can put the files back onto the memory card easily. I had to do this with Dark Cloud 2 because it would freeze at a certain part but it didn't freeze on my friend when he played it on a PS2. So I had to take my file and put it on a memory card so I could try it on a PS2 to get past the freezing part.

Goeniko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Goeniko
Member since 2009 • 286 Posts
Never really tried it, to be honest with you. There weren't any parts of any game that ever froze on me so I never had an incentive to do so. Backwards compatibility can be somewhat problematic at times...
EnaVRi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EnaVRi
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
Yeah, the PS3 is superior, we all know that already.lukas1051
what he says
budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#6 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts
[QUOTE="lukas1051"]Yeah, the PS3 is superior, we all know that already.EnaVRi
what he says

word
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Never really tried it, to be honest with you. There weren't any parts of any game that ever froze on me so I never had an incentive to do so. Backwards compatibility can be somewhat problematic at times...Goeniko

I actually have to use more time than one would think. Its because when I bought my PS3 I let my friend borrow my PS2 indefintely thinking I wouldn't ever need it since I have an 80gig PS3. But since some games don't work and having the adapter lets me avoid needing to bring the PS3 or PS2 to eachothers house.

Simply put I'm a PS3 and oldie PS2 gamer now and he is catching up on PS2 gaming and the adapter helps overcome any compatibility issue or getting saved files with unlocked stuff from games my friend has been playing.

bullschwitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 bullschwitz
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts
[QUOTE="EnaVRi"][QUOTE="lukas1051"]Yeah, the PS3 is superior, we all know that already.budboarder
what he says

word

true that
L30KinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 L30KinG
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
[QUOTE="budboarder"][QUOTE="EnaVRi"] what he saysbullschwitz
word

true that

ps3 is ftw
guynamedyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 guynamedyeah
Member since 2006 • 778 Posts

both systems are 'costly', just in different ways.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

both systems are 'costly', just in different ways.

guynamedyeah
Best response in the thread.
guynamedyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 guynamedyeah
Member since 2006 • 778 Posts

i'll pay the extra for the hassle free system that is the ps3. same with the price to fix it if anything goes wrong. knock on wood

Ultramarine777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ultramarine777
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

[QUOTE="bullschwitz"][QUOTE="budboarder"] wordL30KinG
true that

ps3 is ftw

Pretty much