PS3 won't load Blu Ray !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kerisonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kerisonfire
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I have a problem with a PS3 !! My boyfriend's PS3 just stopped loading blu ray... He got a new HD TV yesterday so bought blu ray dvds. We watched one yesterday - then he played a game - then we watched another blu ray.... He always switches off the PS3 by the back button as he didn't think it was harming it... Today we tried loading blu ray, and it will not load... PS3 menu recognises the DVD, but when playing, we get a blank/black screen. He tried putting a game in and although it loads, the PS button on the controller then won't work to return to the menu, the screen goes grey over the game and doesn't look right. I've read somewhere about the diode laser or specific blu ray laser being fried if you switch off at the back, will this be the issue? Any ideas on how to fix this without sending it in? Already had to do this once.... !!!!!
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
There's a blu-ray settings options, all you have to do is go to the "video settings" and then figure it out from there..... hope that helps.
kerisonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kerisonfire
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
There's a blu-ray settings options, all you have to do is go to the "video settings" and then figure it out from there..... hope that helps.Dogswithguns
It WAS working fine though, without having changed any settings... Just looked in video settings and I don't even know what I'd change in there.........
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

[QUOTE="Dogswithguns"]There's a blu-ray settings options, all you have to do is go to the "video settings" and then figure it out from there..... hope that helps.kerisonfire
It WAS working fine though, without having changed any settings... Just looked in video settings and I don't even know what I'd change in there.........

Ummm, I dunno how else? There could be cable settings such as HDMI or Components, etcs.... If still a problem you can always call Sony.

fazedjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 fazedjb
Member since 2008 • 542 Posts

my 1st ps3 died thru hard power switching, it refused to read any discs after that and just stayed on the xbm. sounds to me like your ps3 has died.

since then i NEVER hard power down. i always leave it on standby using the controller to shut down games and power down. I don't wanna take any more chances!

flippin_flames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 flippin_flames
Member since 2008 • 348 Posts

I have a problem with a PS3 !! My boyfriend's PS3 just stopped loading blu ray... He got a new HD TV yesterday so bought blu ray dvds. We watched one yesterday - then he played a game - then we watched another blu ray.... He always switches off the PS3 by the back button as he didn't think it was harming it... Today we tried loading blu ray, and it will not load... PS3 menu recognises the DVD, but when playing, we get a blank/black screen. He tried putting a game in and although it loads, the PS button on the controller then won't work to return to the menu, the screen goes grey over the game and doesn't look right. I've read somewhere about the diode laser or specific blu ray laser being fried if you switch off at the back, will this be the issue? Any ideas on how to fix this without sending it in? Already had to do this once.... !!!!! kerisonfire

Never turn it off from the back unless you have safely turned it off with the PS control or buttons on the front of the system, else it will damage the system, witch it sounds like it has already happened