PS3 Trophies & GameSaves?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 frederikfrey
Member since 2005 • 836 Posts

So I have a Q!

What will happen when Sony Launches Trophies?

What about the games you have already completed? Will you have to do them all over again to gain the trophies?

Say for enstince: You get a Trophy for killing all the pegions in GTA IV, But what if you have done that already, will the trophy system simply look at your game saves and when it starts up for the first time give you all the trophies you've earned when the trophy system was not in play? Or will you have to do every task again?

Anybody knows?

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
We don't know for sure although i doubt they'll make you play games over again, it'll more than likely just read the save files.
FFF4N4T1C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 FFF4N4T1C
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts
I hope to God they force all makers of previous games to make trophies for them. I'm going to be very disappointed if I don't get trophies for the games I already own, because I've taken the time to beat all of them, even the ones I don't tend to like.
dark-ottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 dark-ottsel
Member since 2006 • 95 Posts
^ wat he said... it will be a dick move on sony's part if they make us play the games again... most prolly read the game saves...
frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 frederikfrey

I hope to God they force all makers of previous games to make trophies for them. I'm going to be very disappointed if I don't get trophies for the games I already own, because I've taken the time to beat all of them, even the ones I don't tend to like. FFF4N4T1C

I totally agree, I've spend like DAYS collecting stuff in various games......just for fun u know. But I would be disapointed if they diden't complement me on that, now that they are inplementing the trophy system anyway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
I hope so, but I dont mind going through those games again.
FFF4N4T1C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 FFF4N4T1C
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts

I don't mind putting in each of my old games for updates for trophies either :) I just think they should reward those that already took the time to go through old games without achievements (though I know that's the point of the games.

Pyramat2584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pyramat2584
Member since 2008 • 166 Posts
If it just read gamesaves, couldn't people download gamesaves off the internet? I hope sony figures out a way of preventing that from happening.
darkties19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darkties19
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

true...read that wrong at first...but thats very true about the downloaded gamesaves...except more than half of them cant be copied

frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frederikfrey

true...read that wrong at first...but thats very true about the downloaded gamesaves...except more than half of them cant be copied

darkties19

Wow I diden't know that

doherty883

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 doherty883
Member since 2005 • 351 Posts

darkties19

Out of the 40 games i have played only ever seen one that could not be copied and that was ninja gaiden sigma.

If you could list 10 game's where the save could not be copied i would be very suprised.

N00B_0WN3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 N00B_0WN3R
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

need for speed carbon, need for speed pro street, burnout paradise, ninja gaiden sigma

someone name 6 more

i dont think any ea games u can copy for that matter o.O

doherty883

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 doherty883
Member since 2005 • 351 Posts

Yea there is still alot of game's you can copy game saves from:(

What gets me is that you can copy mgs4 game saves:? and that is rumored to have trophy support bulit in for when 2.4 comes out.

It just pisses me off the thought that i personally have finished the game on boss extreme and someone who may or may not even played mgs4 could have the trophys for it......all at the click and flip of usb flash drive:'(

Sony really needs this sorted out before they release 2.4 or its just a waste of time to even have trophys at all!!

p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 p4ddym
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts
As long as you cant simply download a game save and then get the trophies from that.
Banjo_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Banjo_7
Member since 2006 • 171 Posts

I just hope people don't become Trophy Whores like the Xbox 360's Achievement Whores.

frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frederikfrey
I really hope sony works this out so that you can't cheat, but still awards the hard playin' gamers that have completed alot before trophies came about
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts

I just hope people don't become Trophy Whores like the Xbox 360's Achievement Whores.

Banjo_7
You've never tried getting 100% in a game before? Something like Zelda or ff games? Never? :roll:
jacksik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 jacksik
Member since 2007 • 619 Posts
I hope they Have Trophies for oblivion. 180+ hours for nothing would seem like a waste. and i would go back for more if they had trophies.
frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 frederikfrey

I hope they Have Trophies for oblivion. 180+ hours for nothing would seem like a waste. and i would go back for more if they had trophies.jacksik

You are a tru hardcore gamer.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#20 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
I suspect we will have to replay through them again, though I'm not going to bother myself, not for the trophies anyway, i've done the whole achievement thing and it nearly killed my enjoyment of gaming. I got all 1000 points on Sonic 2006..... ugh!
frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frederikfrey

I suspect we will have to replay through them again, though I'm not going to bother myself, not for the trophies anyway, i've done the whole achievement thing and it nearly killed my enjoyment of gaming. I got all 1000 points on Sonic 2006..... ugh!AzelKosMos

Wow, that is not a very good game :(

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts

We don't know for sure although i doubt they'll make you play games over again, it'll more than likely just read the save files.americahellyeah

Yeah I don't think Sony wants to get in that much deep crap with early adopters.

frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 frederikfrey

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]We don't know for sure although i doubt they'll make you play games over again, it'll more than likely just read the save files.theycallmeryan

Yeah I don't think Sony wants to get in that much deep crap with early adopters.

Phoenix963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Phoenix963
Member since 2006 • 1006 Posts
They should hav elittle trophies for ps2 and ps1 games too, thatd be cool. but id oubt itll happen. anyways im pretty sure itll be according to the gamesaves, but that still makes me mad, btecause sometimes i rent games and do so much in the game, liek virtua fighter, and then the other day my ps3 only had 7gbs left so i decided to delete some stuff so i delete the gamesave... so i guess no trophy for me lol
frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 frederikfrey
They should hav elittle trophies for ps2 and ps1 games too, thatd be cool. but id oubt itll happen. anyways im pretty sure itll be according to the gamesaves, but that still makes me mad, btecause sometimes i rent games and do so much in the game, liek virtua fighter, and then the other day my ps3 only had 7gbs left so i decided to delete some stuff so i delete the gamesave... so i guess no trophy for me lolPhoenix963
frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 frederikfrey
They should hav elittle trophies for ps2 and ps1 games too, thatd be cool. but id oubt itll happen. anyways im pretty sure itll be according to the gamesaves, but that still makes me mad, btecause sometimes i rent games and do so much in the game, liek virtua fighter, and then the other day my ps3 only had 7gbs left so i decided to delete some stuff so i delete the gamesave... so i guess no trophy for me lolPhoenix963
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts
I expect that the devs that implement trophies in older games will make it so your save will be modified like Oblivion: GOTY edition did to your original Oblivion save (if you played both).
frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frederikfrey

I expect that the devs that implement trophies in older games will make it so your save will be modified like Oblivion: GOTY edition did to your original Oblivion save (if you played both).BZSIN

Huh?

What do you mean?

frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 frederikfrey
Ok I just got word. You have to re-play all of your games, if you want the trophies! And also it's not 100% sure that all future third party games will feature throphies. DAMN!
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
For games that will support trophies yes you will have to play them over again, because they are not retroactive. This is to stop cheaters from downloading save files and getting levels that are not deserved.
Banjo_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 Banjo_7
Member since 2006 • 171 Posts
[QUOTE="Banjo_7"]

hopesfall2own

You've never tried getting 100% in a game before? Something like Zelda or ff games? Never? :roll:

Lol, no.

zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts

I hope to God they force all makers of previous games to make trophies for them. I'm going to be very disappointed if I don't get trophies for the games I already own, because I've taken the time to beat all of them, even the ones I don't tend to like. FFF4N4T1C

"Developers have the option to add trophy support to games that have already shipped, but Sony isn't making it mandatory."

DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts

I hope so, but I dont mind going through those games again.avataraang1

Me too, I actually will enjoy replaying the games. I think it adds a great value to it IMO.

frederikfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 frederikfrey

For games that will support trophies yes you will have to play them over again, because they are not retroactive. This is to stop cheaters from downloading save files and getting levels that are not deserved.G-Legend

Yes, I understand that. But I still doubt I will play the games all over again though

Rajie_Gill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rajie_Gill
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

IMPORTANT QUESTION...

i have call of duty 4 modern warfare and call of duty world at war

in cod4 i completed it 100% with no downloaded game save and my multiplayer stats are 100% meaning...every golden gun, level 10 prestige at level 55

but in the singleplayer i dont have all the missions completed on veteran cuz it wasnt important so...if i download a gamesave that says it has all the singleplayer missions completed on veteran difficulty and then transfer it to my ps3 ..it will most likely overwrite my original gamesave file for the game right? like how it does on a pc with any file...but if i do that would my multiplayer stay the same or would it get erased or what?

if anybody knows just reply to me by email...rajie_gill@hotmail.com

Avatar image for playstationboy7
playstationboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 playstationboy7
Member since 2008 • 756 Posts
what are gamesaves
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
ZOMBIEEEE! No seriously, what is with all of the zombie threadslately?
DesertEagle147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DesertEagle147
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts

IMPORTANT QUESTION...

i have call of duty 4 modern warfare and call of duty world at war

in cod4 i completed it 100% with no downloaded game save and my multiplayer stats are 100% meaning...every golden gun, level 10 prestige at level 55

but in the singleplayer i dont have all the missions completed on veteran cuz it wasnt important so...if i download a gamesave that says it has all the singleplayer missions completed on veteran difficulty and then transfer it to my ps3 ..it will most likely overwrite my original gamesave file for the game right? like how it does on a pc with any file...but if i do that would my multiplayer stay the same or would it get erased or what?

if anybody knows just reply to me by email...rajie_gill@hotmail.com

Rajie_Gill
lazy foo! do itt yourself...if u r so proud of your stats why u gotta download somebody elses? just to show your friends u supposedly beat veteran when you havent...BE A MAN...DO THE RIGHT THING LOLOL i had to say that
Jayvan_JJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jayvan_JJ
Member since 2006 • 1044 Posts
ZOMBIEEEE! No seriously, what is with all of the zombie threadslately?Ultrabeatdown55
Yea, they rose from the dead...who dedicates the time to look for them and revive them???