PS3 starting up by itself?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44574 Posts
High, for like the last couple days my PS3 has been starting by itself. I thought maybe the first time I bumped the controller because it was on the ground next to my Xbox 360 controller and thought maybe I powered it on that way, so I put the controller where it couldn't be disturbed, and moved the remote for playing movies too so I couldn't disturb it, and at least a couple more times the thing has powered itself on. I doubt the remotes for my two Sony televisions in my room or my Sony sound receiver have anything to do with it as I've used those the laster few years without incident. Guess I'll flick the power in the back between playing it, that should solve it, but I'm still curious... I was wondering if there's any divices that could cause it to boot up? For instance I see that when I look at the list of wireless devices on my computer my PS3 pops up, can people trying to access my PS3 like it was a router cause it to boot up? Anything else that might be causing this to happen?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Do you have internet acsess for remote play enabled?
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
Do you have internet access for remote play enabled?darkspineslayer
And set up to allow the PSP to power on the system? (The WLAN light will be active even if it is off if the setting is on, and Remote Play in progress will display if it is turned on via PSP.)
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
Do you have Playstation Plus? with PS+ your PS3 turns itself on to check for updates or any kind of downloadable content. Then downloads it automatically.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I have worked as a technician, and I can tell you that the first thing I would do in my professional opinion is to check to make sure you aren't living on the site of an old unsolved murder, cursed land, or old indian burial grounds. Then I would check my PSP connections (WLAN, remote play settings in the PS3, etc.)

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Has another PS3 controller been paired with yours?
UGAfootballfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 UGAfootballfan
Member since 2008 • 778 Posts

Dear concerned gamer,

I acknowledge your concern over the matter and am eager to assist you in discovering the the instigator of this occurrence. Since inanimate objects acting as if they have a life of their own is often a sign or harbinger of poltergeists, immediately contact your nearest exorcist. If you do not have any contact information for an exorcist, I advise that you temporarily remove yourself from your home. Poltergeists can often become violent. This is simply for your protection.

In the event that this is not a poltergeist, I further advise you to ensure that there is not a psychotic man living within your home without your knowing. People whose minds have become handicapped, deranged, damaged or altered in any form will often have a bizarre tendency to play games with their host while they silently stalk them within the confines of their own home.

Please keep in mind that these are mere possibilities. Keep both your mind and eyes upon further investigation, as you may never know what might be the cause of this phenomenon. Thank you, and good luck in your future endeavors!

/Read that in the automated voice from the beginning of Portal 2.

skywarp_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 skywarp_00
Member since 2011 • 49 Posts
and lol
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
Might be a ghost.
conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts

I have worked as a technician, and I can tell you that the first thing I would do in my professional opinion is to check to make sure you aren't living on the site of an old unsolved murder, cursed land, or old indian burial grounds. Then I would check my PSP connections (WLAN, remote play settings in the PS3, etc.)

SolidTy
ROFLMAO.Listen to solidty.Most probably your PS3 has been possessed by the spirit of geronimo.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

conistant

ROFLMAO.Listen to solidty.Most probably your PS3 has been possessed by the spirit of geronimo.

I didn't want to say it, but Geronimo was on my list I have here... :P

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#12 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Who you gonna call? GHOST BUSTERS! :D It's probably remote play or automatic downloads.