PS3 not ejecting disc??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for HardBoiledGamer
HardBoiledGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 HardBoiledGamer
Member since 2006 • 146 Posts

My PS3 has been acting up lately. From time to time, it will not eject the disc or eject the disc slightly and go back into the console. Anyone know what is the problem?

It's an 80GB fatboy, so I'll understand if it means time is running out.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
that its broken. Throw that shit away and buy a new one, problem solved.
Supes_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Supes_24
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts
that its broken. Throw that shit away and buy a new one, problem solved.Nengo_Flow
Ok, very unhelpful. You should try doing a google search instead of coming here. You'll get replies like the one above me and there's not enough activity here to get an answer quickly. Good luck!
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#4 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

You could always try contacting Sony directly.  I've found them quite helpful when I've contacted them about PSN issues.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
that its broken. Throw that shit away and buy a new one, problem solved.Nengo_Flow
Or wait to buy XBone.. problem solved... or not?!
RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts

My PS3 has been acting up lately. From time to time, it will not eject the disc or eject the disc slightly and go back into the console. Anyone know what is the problem?

It's an 80GB fatboy, so I'll understand if it means time is running out.

HardBoiledGamer
Sorry to say it man, but I think it's time for your PS3 to retire :(. You could try sending it into Sony and see if they will get it fixed, or try a local game store (not gamestop) that specializes in game system repairs :)
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Loading mechanism is probably jammed somewhere, likely a guide peg jumped a railing, or a spring jumped out of position. Search You-tube for solutions. You'll have to take the PS3 apart and take off the top cover of the blu-ray player, since the loading mechanism is all on top of the drive. But you shouldn't have to remove the blu-ray from the PS3. From there you can assist the problem. If it does turn out to be a broken part, it's likely that you'll be able to find a replacement on Ebay.

For example: This may not be the one for your ps3, but it likely is...

or... maybe this broke?

Avatar image for HardBoiledGamer
HardBoiledGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 HardBoiledGamer
Member since 2006 • 146 Posts

I'll keep all of these responses in mind (including the "throw it away" response :p), but my PS3 isn't doing it on a constant basis. Out of 10 times, I'd say it is doing that 1-2 times, but retiring my PS3 is not out of the question as this minor issue could only be the start of many problems. Because of this, I'm only picking up two games (GTAV and COD: Ghosts) just to be on the safe side.....don't want to have this problem while I'm in the middle of a story like MGS V.

Thanks everybody for a response