PS3 died. Question before i send it in

This topic is locked from further discussion.

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts

ok my Ps3 died yesterday and i need to know if i open up the PS3 to manually eject the disk that is stuck and to inspect the issue at hand. would i still be able to send it into Sony for repairs? I am aware that if u open it up yourself u would be out of warrenty but i am already out of warrenty so that dosent matter to me

PolygonBust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PolygonBust
Member since 2011 • 239 Posts

I'm not sure, but I think if you send it to them and tell them that there is a disc inside, that they'll send you back the disc. You might wanna call and ask about this.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Send it to gophermods.com and you'll get your same system and game back. It's $90 with shipping and it'll die again, but it's worth it if you want your saves and game back.
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

ok my Ps3 died yesterday and i need to know if i open up the PS3 to manually eject the disk that is stuck and to inspect the issue at hand. would i still be able to send it into Sony for repairs? I am aware that if u open it up yourself u would be out of warrenty but i am already out of warrenty so that dosent matter to me

reaver-x
To be honest what it will cost you to send it to sony and get it repaired you might as well just o buy a used PS3 or spend a few more bucks for a new one.
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

Hi-I doubt that you will be able to eject the disc manually by opening up your PS3-I've got the very same problem with my 60GB at the mo-G.T.5 stuck inside,but I had the lid off my PS3 and the blu ray drive looks completely sealed with no way of ejecting the disc.

I'm sending mine off for repair and just asking for return of the disc.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

reaver-x

If you are still under warranty do not open the ps3. There is a little sticker that removes if the lid is opened. If that sticker is removed, then it cancels the warranty.

If you dont have a warranty, you can send it in to get repaired for $150, sticker removed or not.

There is a video on youtube that supposedly shows you how to ge the disc out of a broken ps3.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

Use a heat gun on a really low setting or an iron and steam off the sticker use a sharpie to black out the sticker when you put it back on blamo looks like you never opened it. If your tec savy go look on youtube about how you can fix it your self it really isn't that hard. New compound artic 5 or 7 is a good one to you a heat gun and have at it.

darkman006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 darkman006
Member since 2009 • 933 Posts
supposedly there is a trick to get your disk out but I don't know if it works. If you press and hold your eject button, like if you were to activate the self cleaning process, and you keep holding the eject button, supposedly it spits out your disk. But again I don't know if this works. I've only seen videos on it on YouTube....