PS3 Controller L1 button not responding

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iagbas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iagbas
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts

I dropped my ps3 controller accidently but it wasn't a heavy impact nor did I step on it. However L1 button stopped working completly. Everything else works fine. So i tore it apart to find out about this problem and I found out that there was nothing broke. But the black strip pad underneath the button rubber is not responding. I tested L2 works just fine when i push down the rubber but no respond on L1.

Now I did some google search but I didn't find anything about this, anyone else has this issue that can help me?

I attached picture to show exactly where it is.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/135/brokecont.jpg/

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Buy a new controller. The PS3 controller is just a nightmare to try to take apart and put back together.

Avatar image for xPOUNDforPOUNDx
xPOUNDforPOUNDx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xPOUNDforPOUNDx
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
just dish out the money for a new 1. I wasted time trying to fix mine and just ended up buying a new 1 anyways............
HawkEyeHoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HawkEyeHoff
I had an annoying problem where the square button stopped working, i tried to fix it, in the end just got another one.
HawkEyeHoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HawkEyeHoff
PS3 controllers have been a constant problem for me
xRaGe17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xRaGe17
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Okay I found a solution, after opening my controller due to the same thing happening and other issues including random weapons and equipment on black ops opening when I tried to sprint were happening, etc. So I found out that the strip under the board itself was not touching the board properly, so I added a little supporter known as insulating tape/black tape and ever since it's been working fine. I hope this helps you! :)