This topic is locked from further discussion.

amin915

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 amin915
Member since 2005 • 467 Posts
ok so my manager keeps on tellin customers that it is not worth having the regular ps3 anymore and waiting for the 2.0 "i dont know if that is the oficial name thats what he calls it and im guessing he is talking about the 80 gig. i mean why wait. are the regular ps3 60 gig version not good enough. i have one and i love it. whats so wrong with it. is the backwards compatibility chip going to eventually make my system malfunction. whats the deal. is there really going to be such a big difference between the two systems.
queenster08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 queenster08
Member since 2005 • 859 Posts
It seems obvious that your manager is a total idiot and should not be in an postion of authority.
dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 dlp21
Member since 2003 • 2116 Posts
your manager is.......not so smart
justin_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 justin_06
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts

It seems obvious that your manager is a total idiot and should not be in an postion of authority.queenster08

i totally second that.

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
It seems obvious that your manager is a total idiot and should not be in an postion of authority.queenster08
2nd
pirategunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pirategunner
Member since 2007 • 819 Posts
What an idiot how did he ever get a managerial position?
dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dlp21
I can't stand moron's who work in retail and are in charge of selling products they know little to nothing about. Do me a huge favor and ask your manager what the difference is, and if you can refute it right there if not come back and let us know so we can arm you with the knowledge to teach your manager.
amin915

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 amin915
i dont know but thats what he says. it gets on my nerves.
Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts
Is it just me or always unqualified people become "Managers"?
NeokVash19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NeokVash19
Member since 2003 • 234 Posts

Now you have finally realized that your manager is complete moron....

first of all you are in a bigger advantage by owning the 60gig version.....just because of the simple fact that the 80gig version won't include the chip that allows you to play all of those freaking awesome ps2 games as well as ps1.... why bother w/ the 80 gig ...you can always buy the hard drive separately ...why not.//// ..( ihate people like your manager who think that know everything just because they work at a game store.....what a bunch of idiots

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
....................WHOMP!
Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

the 60gb will be better to get motorstorm isnt a must have for you

you can get a bigger HD than 80gb with the extra $100 spent on the 80gb ps3

jmper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jmper4
Member since 2004 • 957 Posts

Is it just me or always unqualified people become "Managers"?5FingersOfDeath

Sure....now about your TPS reports...

amin915

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 amin915
i mean i work at a gamestore and there is always someone like that in the store. i mean i know some stuff but i dont believe i know everything i enjoy taking opinons andtalking about games.. yea he apparantly thinks he knows everything. i tried to bring up the whole backwards chip thing saying that thats one of the main reasons i wanted to buy the ps3. but he says its one of the reasons ps3s arebreaking downand thats why they have to be removed
pirategunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pirategunner

[QUOTE="5FingersOfDeath"]Is it just me or always unqualified people become "Managers"?jmper4

I'm going to need those asap......... ok

dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dlp21

Is it just me or always unqualified people become "Managers"?5FingersOfDeath

Def, when I went and bought my PS3 about a week ago right when the price dropped the manager asked me why I wasn't getting a 360. I told him that I prefer the game selection mostly and I really didn't like the original XBox and I think that MS makes faulty hardware.

He preceded to ask me what games, MGS4, FFXIII, GT5, etc I told him. He then tells me the 360 was getting both MGS and FF and I was like only XI and not MGS and I don't want to play XI. Then he tries to tell me that the 360 is far superior in graphics, audio etc etc. I turned around and I was like well I also want to watch Blu-Ray, he told me HD was crushing BR. Then he also said to me that the hardware failures were overblown and I was like dude, of the 5 360's I have come in contact with 4 of them broke and to top it off that 5th one recently broke as well. I can't stand that. I can't stand uninformed managers.

The reason they are managers is because most people that work for EBGames and Babbages and Gamestop actually care about games and don't want to see consumers get ripped off and buy crappy games and stupid peripherals, but then there is that kid that don't care and he gets promoted because everyone else quits.

5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 5FingersOfDeath
i mean i work at a gamestore and there is always someone like that in the store. i mean i know some stuff but i dont believe i know everything i enjoy taking opinons andtalking about games.. yea he apparantly thinks he knows everything. i tried to bring up the whole backwards chip thing saying that thats one of the main reasons i wanted to buy the ps3. but he says its one of the reasons ps3s arebreaking downand thats why they have to be removedamin915

so that's how rumours start, interesting...
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 5FingersOfDeath

[QUOTE="5FingersOfDeath"]Is it just me or always unqualified people become "Managers"?dlp21

Def, when I went and bought my PS3 about a week ago right when the price dropped the manager asked me why I wasn't getting a 360. I told him that I prefer the game selection mostly and I really didn't like the original XBox and I think that MS makes faulty hardware.

He preceded to ask me what games, MGS4, FFXIII, GT5, etc I told him. He then tells me the 360 was getting both MGS and FF and I was like only XI and not MGS and I don't want to play XI. Then he tries to tell me that the 360 is far superior in graphics, audio etc etc. I turned around and I was like well I also want to watch Blu-Ray, he told me HD was crushing BR. Then he also said to me that the hardware failures were overblown and I was like dude, of the 5 360's I have come in contact with 4 of them broke and to top it off that 5th one recently broke as well. I can't stand that. I can't stand uninformed managers.

The reason they are managers is because most people that work for EBGames and Babbages and Gamestop actually care about games and don't want to see consumers get ripped off and buy crappy games and stupid peripherals, but then there is that kid that don't care and he gets promoted because everyone else quits.

HA! good story, he should be promoted, ohhh wait he's already at his peak.
amin915

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 amin915

[QUOTE="5FingersOfDeath"]Is it just me or always unqualified people become "Managers"?dlp21

very true!!!
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts

You need to talk to someone higher up because he is spreading a bunch of BS. There's no reliability issues period with any version. And really the 60GB one is better for everyone who is worried about full backwards compatability.

You can upgrade the HDD easily yourself with any 2.5" HDD for pretty cheap too so that isn't even a factor.

snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts

[QUOTE="queenster08"]It seems obvious that your manager is a total idiot and should not be in an postion of authority.justin_06

i totally second that.

i totally triple that

jmper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jmper4

pirategunner

Yeah. I got the memo. And I understand the policy. And the problem is just that I forgot the one time. And I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.

pirategunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pirategunner
[QUOTE="pirategunner"]

jmper4

Yeah. I got the memo. And I understand the policy. And the problem is just that I forgot the one time. And I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.

Yeah. If you could just go ahead and make sure you do that from now on, that would be great. And, uh, I'll go ahead and make sure you get another copyof that memo, Mm-Ka, BYE-BYE!

jmper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jmper4
[QUOTE="jmper4"][QUOTE="pirategunner"]

pirategunner

Yeah. If you could just go ahead and make sure you do that from now on, that would be great. And, uh, I'll go ahead and make sure you get another copyof that memo, Mm-Ka, BYE-BYE!

LOL, love that movie....your replies made my day.

dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dlp21

Link

That link is every 80GB HD and up that NewEgg offers that will work in the PS3. 54 bucks for a 80 GB HDD. And circuit city is thowin in an extra controller and you get 5 free Blu Ray DVD's and you get the Emotion Engine, and you are never even going to fill 60GB's unless you are ridiculous when it comes to playing games.

And I think if you are going to put a ton of media on your PS3 just build a server, I can build a server for like 400 bucks and that is close to a Terabyte of HDD space and it will stream to the PS3

pirategunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pirategunner
[QUOTE="pirategunner"][QUOTE="jmper4"][QUOTE="pirategunner"]

jmper4

LOL, love that movie....your replies made my day.

Thanks man! Love that movie too.

unkownpain69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 unkownpain69
Member since 2006 • 268 Posts
lmao dude u just made my day i love that movie

[QUOTE="5FingersOfDeath"]Is it just me or always unqualified people become "Managers"?jmper4

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
lmao dude u just made my day i love that movie[QUOTE="jmper4"]

[QUOTE="5FingersOfDeath"]Is it just me or always unqualified people become "Managers"?unkownpain69

I'm gonna go ahead and get you an extra copy of that memo...
junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts
[QUOTE="dlp21"]

[QUOTE="5FingersOfDeath"]Is it just me or always unqualified people become "Managers"?amin915

very true!!!

2nd that lol

flyingplatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 flyingplatypus
Member since 2004 • 150 Posts
i'm pretty sure that he means software 2.0 when he is saying that... its just ignorance... but, either way, the percentage of BC games w/ software emulation was going to be like 95%, isn't it?
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

Now you have finally realized that your manager is complete moron....

first of all you are in a bigger advantage by owning the 60gig version.....just because of the simple fact that the 80gig version won't include the chip that allows you to play all of those freaking awesome ps2 games as well as ps1.... why bother w/ the 80 gig ...you can always buy the hard drive separately ...why not.//// ..( ihate people like your manager who think that know everything just because they work at a game store.....what a bunch of idiots

NeokVash19

well even with the 80gig, you still will beable to play those games, just maybe not-quite as much of them.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts
[QUOTE="amin915"][QUOTE="dlp21"]

[QUOTE="5FingersOfDeath"]Is it just me or always unqualified people become "Managers"?junk56

very true!!!

2nd that lol

well i own a 360 elite, it works great. but that being said i had to send back like 3 premiums, and neither one is superior to one another, lol that is a total misconception, they are basically on par with each other, they both have pros and cons, on both sides, one may be better at this, the other may be better at that, and hd-dvd honestly is not doing as good as blu-ray. but there is only a gig or two difference in size seeing as how there have been no dual layer bluray used yet.

so your manager is ignorant. what he honestly should be doing in your and his best intrest, is try to get you to get both a ps3 and a 360, so you dont have to suffer from the fanboy disease, because being a fanboy only proves one thing, that you will be the one to miss out on something that one of those systems have to offer, both are great systems. and there is no unwritten law that states u must choose one and only one.

Ocram_Zepol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ocram_Zepol
Member since 2006 • 1199 Posts
Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts

i'm pretty sure that he means software 2.0 when he is saying that... its just ignorance... but, either way, the percentage of BC games w/ software emulation was going to be like 95%, isn't it?flyingplatypus

more like 80-85%