PS Store back this week (NO JOKE)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
Full press release: [QUOTE="SCEI"] SONY AND SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCE FULL RESTORATION OF PLAYSTATION NETWORK SERVICES Tokyo, May 31, 2011 - Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation Network services in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea by the end of this week. The company will also resume Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PlayStation 3 (PS3), PSP (PlayStation Portable), VAIO and other PCs. Details for Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea as well as the remaining services on Qriocity will be announced as they become available. The company implemented considerable security enhancements to the network infrastructure, as well as conducted testing of the payment process and commerce functions. The first phase of PlayStation Network and Qriocity restoration began on May 15 in the Americas and Europe/PAL territories, followed by Japan and Asian countries and regions on May 28, when the company brought partial services back online. With this partial restoration users were able to access to some of the services such as online game play, account management, friend lists and chat functionality were restored. The full restoration of PlayStation Network as well as part of services to become available on Qriocity will include: -- Full functionality on PlayStation Store -- In-game commerce -- Ability to redeem vouchers and codes -- Full functionality on Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3, PSP, VAIO and other PCs -- Full functionality on Media Go Customers will be able to purchase and download games and video content from the PlayStation Store on PS3 or PSP. In addition, consumers will have full access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity through PS3, PSP, VAIO and other PC's. Service restoration of Video on Demand powered by Qriocity and Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for a variety of network-enabled Sony devices will be announced later. "We have been conducting additional testing and further security verification of our commerce functions in order to bring the PlayStation Network completely back online so that our fans can again enjoy the first class entertainment experience they have come to love," said Kazuo Hirai, Executive Deputy President, Sony Corporation. "We appreciate the patience and support shown during this time." The company will be offering customers a "Welcome Back" package of services and premium content to all registered PlayStation Network* and Qriocity account services. The details of this program will continue to be detailed regionally. * Only available for those countries with access to PlayStation Store.

Link IT'S FINALLY COMING BACK!!!!!! I'm just so excited right now. I say we celebrate somehow!
Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts
whatever happened to may 31st?
AtlasBizarre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AtlasBizarre
Member since 2010 • 828 Posts

They were supposed to get it up by the 31st. >_>

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23920 Posts

Nice to know it is finally coming back. Hopefully they stay true to their word.

Here is the post in playstation blog.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tjoeb123
whatever happened to may 31st?Batang_X990
Who cares? Well it might be tomorrow!!
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

it sounds like saturday or friday. That's good, my internet bandwidth only have 10GB left before Friday.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tjoeb123

it sounds like saturday or friday. That's good, my internet bandwidth only have 10GB left before Friday.

oajlu
I hope it's way before then.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I find it quite pathetic that Sony can't stick to their deadlines. Empty promises.

Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

But they said 31st of may :cry: /whine.

I think they're going to bring it back online next Tuesday.

4NGoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 4NGoods
Member since 2007 • 1030 Posts

I find it quite pathetic that Sony can't stick to their deadlines. Empty promises.

Crossel777
don't know about pathetic but I get where you're coming from. its pretty sad indeed and I won't believe this deadline either. hopefully I'll have to eat those words.
jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts

You obviously don't work in networking.
CBottom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CBottom7
Member since 2009 • 822 Posts

"By the end of the week" from SONY means next Sunday at the earliest - this whole thing has been garbage

BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

great I'm going out of town on Thursday and wont be able to get my 2 free games until Monday

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

I find it quite pathetic that Sony can't stick to their deadlines. Empty promises.jordonj

You obviously don't work in networking.

this, it's funny how people yip and yap when they don't have a clue how this stuff works, hey look at me i can plug in an ethernet cable to my modem, that makes me certified

brozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 brozz
Member since 2003 • 503 Posts

this, it's funny how people yip and yap when they don't have a clue how this stuff works, hey look at me i can plug in an ethernet cable to my modem, that makes me certifiedfsurb28

All you geeks can rally together and defend Sony any way you like, but, the bottom line is .... Dont make promises you cant keep.

Didnt your parents teach you that?

DJ_Redline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 DJ_Redline
Member since 2004 • 288 Posts

I've already lost all faith in Sony with their deadline dodging and crappy online play. I have had a 360 for four years now and I only bought a PS3 to play God of War 3 and Uncharted...Well, I've beaten God of War, Uncharted, and Uncharted 2, so now it's time to drop the Ps3 I think. Maybe I'll invest the cash from selling my PS3 into a good reliable system with no network issues? Nah, still not a fan of the Wii....

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fsurb28

[QUOTE="fsurb28"]this, it's funny how people yip and yap when they don't have a clue how this stuff works, hey look at me i can plug in an ethernet cable to my modem, that makes me certifiedbrozz

All you geeks can rally together and defend Sony any way you like, but, the bottom line is .... Dont make promises you cant keep.

Didnt your parents teach you that?

one thing my parents definately tought me is patience and appreciation, you sir sound like you're pretty fed up with all of this so my suggestion would be ( if you have a ps3 ) is to take it and donate it to charity ( it'll put a smile on some kids face and no more broken promises from Sony ), at least that'll give you something to feel good about and a tax write off or credit

brozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 brozz
Member since 2003 • 503 Posts

I am seriously going to consider that.

Thanks for the idea ... and no, I am not being sarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

You're the one thats yip yapping. Pointlessly I might add. I'm perfectly patient yeah but failing an official deadline is just showing how incompetent Sony really is. Perhaps they shouldn't use the word deadline next time. It's been over a month now.

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fsurb28

You're the one thats yip yapping. Pointlessly I might add. I'm perfectly patient yeah but failing an official deadline is just showing how incompetent Sony really is. Perhaps they shouldn't use the word deadline next time. It's been over a month now.

Crossel777

pointlessly huh, here goes - that deadline WAS NEVER OFFICIAL, from day 1 sony specifically said they're working to hopefully get the entire network up and running by the 31st, they never said it WILL be completely up and running by that date

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

A deadline that can be changed isn't much of a deadline now is it. :\ But from an article I'm reading right now.. It seems Sony denied the existance of that deadline. So I'll take that back for now lol.

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fsurb28

A deadline that can changed isn't much of a deadline now is it. :\ But from an article I'm reading right now.. It seems Sony denied the existance of that deadline. So I'll take that back for now lol.

Crossel777

there never was a deadline, it was a target date ( big difference ), the only thing they might've denied was knowing whether or not they've been hacked

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
No joke? No joke you say? Um... we've heard these official announcements from Sony about the full restoration of the PSN since April...
scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
Sony disgusts me with empty promise after empty promise. They're probably busy adding anti-gameshare DRM lol.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i'm watching Attack of the Show on G4 now, and they mentioned as well that the PSN services will be fully restored by the end of the week

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

I've already lost all faith in Sony with their deadline dodging and crappy online play. I have had a 360 for four years now and I only bought a PS3 to play God of War 3 and Uncharted...Well, I've beaten God of War, Uncharted, and Uncharted 2, so now it's time to drop the Ps3 I think. Maybe I'll invest the cash from selling my PS3 into a good reliable system with no network issues? Nah, still not a fan of the Wii....

DJ_Redline
Ba, ba ba ba ba The Uncharted 3!
jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
Just making a point, we recently installed a phone system (VOIP, which is trickier than simple TDM or a digital system as the phones use the network to communicate). We started this over a month ago and are still tweaking it. I can only imagine what getting the PSN network, Store, etc. along with security (I have little doubt that Sony hired crackers to try to break their security and had to fix it again and again). There isn't much I was looking to download from the store in the near future, and I have most of the games I would want (Dead Nation for sure and maybe wipeout...). I want Legends of War: Patton's Campaign for the PSP, but that's about it. Things are busy at work and I average about maybe 1-2 hours a night to game, so really, the free games are just a bonus.
bigbenrfan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 bigbenrfan99
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

The thing that pisses me off about this whole situation is not that Sony is taking what seems to me to be a long time, but that they have named a specific date for the store's return and missed it. Even if it was just a "target date," I would much rather have Sony admit they have no idea when they will have the store ready, rather than getting everyone excited, and putting themselves under even more pressure.

KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

The thing that pisses me off about this whole situation is not that Sony is taking what seems to me to be a long time, but that they have named a specific date for the store's return and missed it. Even if it was just a "target date," I would much rather have Sony admit they have no idea when they will have the store ready, rather than getting everyone excited, and putting themselves under even more pressure.

bigbenrfan99

Well, technically that was only speculation based on a dev memo that could have been faked..

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tjoeb123
No joke? No joke you say? Um... we've heard these official announcements from Sony about the full restoration of the PSN since April...CellAnimation
Yeah, but we never had an approximation of when the Store will be restored (other than the "end of May"). Well, there was that one report that clearly lied to us...
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I'll believe its coming when its back up.. sick of hearing the "by the end of this week" then "by the end of next week" the entire time they had said "it will be back by the 31st at the latest" and sure enough, they couldn't meet that deadline. It doesn't bother me its down, what bothers me is all the fake deadlines. If they can't say for sure, then they shouldn't set dates.
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tjoeb123
I'll believe its coming when its back up.. sick of hearing the "by the end of this week" then "by the end of next week" the entire time they had said "it will be back by the 31st at the latest" and sure enough, they couldn't meet that deadline. It doesn't bother me its down, what bothers me is all the fake deadlines. If they can't say for sure, then they shouldn't set dates.Rattlesnake_8
But if they don't set a date, then all gamers will do is ask Sony (by ask i mean whine and complain to them) for a date.
pencru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 pencru
Member since 2009 • 1779 Posts

I could care less how long they take as long as the next time they put it up it'll be way more secure, and don't get started on whether I would wait 2 years for that to happen. Seriously, they're not as dumb a company as you like to assume they are. I'm sure upsizing security won't take them that long. I'm just glad it's coming back on soon. Now to buy those Uncharted 2 DLC..

corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

Being that I work on servers and in the it world I know how things can go longer than planned. I think I have to appologize to customerr's nightly for going past maintenence windows and not hitting deadlines due to unforseen issues and circumstances that pop up. Nothing is ever cut and dry in this kind of work.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts

Being that I work on servers and in the it world I know how things can go longer than planned. I think I have to appologize to customerr's nightly for going past maintenence windows and not hitting deadlines due to unforseen issues and circumstances that pop up. Nothing is ever cut and dry in this kind of work.

corigan
I work in IT too, and I'm pretty sure I'd be fired if I said "It'll take 2 days to fix". Then after 2 days I said "maybe a week more". Then after a week I said "give me a few more days, oh and we may have lost your credit card details". Then after another week I say blah blah blah... then after 6 weeks I say "by the end of the week, maybe".
corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts
I work in IT too, and I'm pretty sure I'd be fired if I said "It'll take 2 days to fix". Then after 2 days I said "maybe a week more". Then after a week I said "give me a few more days, oh and we may have lost your credit card details". Then after another week I say blah blah blah... then after 6 weeks I say "by the end of the week, maybe".CellAnimation
Valid points, I think anyone would get fired for that. I wasn't defending Sony, or the BS of consistently pushing back their deadlines. I was just making a statement as to how I can see how a deadline can be pushed back for unforseen circumstances. Pushing back multiple deadlines over periods of time is inexcusable in my book.
Binginton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Binginton
Member since 2011 • 35 Posts

I even heard it on the news last night.

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

Good news, although I definitely won't be putting my credit card details on PSN ever again. If I want something, I'll probably buy one of those PSN cards from now on.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

[QUOTE="bigbenrfan99"]

KillerWabbit23

Well, technically that was only speculation based on a dev memo that could have been faked..

Doesn't look fake to me... 'end of may'

Well it's June now and It's not back up. My patience has been severely tested.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tjoeb123

I even heard it on the news last night.

Binginton
What news?