PS Plus Members Get All Fallout 3 DLCs FREE and KZ3 Beta Theme is Today!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

Moving on, many of you have been asking what time you will be able to download the Killzone 3 theme that grants access to the Killzone 3 beta to the first 10,000 SCEE Plus subscribers who download it. We have been discussing which time is best for everyone and we can now confirm that it will go live in the EU PlayStation Store at8pm in the UK and 9pm CET on 13 October, and 6am in Sydney, Australia on 14 October.

*We would like to point out that, at this very early stage in the game's development, the Killzone 3 beta will only support the English language. Let us assure you that the final game will be fully localised and there will be opportunities for non-English speakers to experience it in their mother tongue as we get closer to release. Fortunately, the headshot is an international language.

Another common piece of feedback is that you were unhappy with the lack of game add-on packs provided in the last PlayStation Plus update. In response, we have teamed up with Bethesda Softworks to make all of the Fallout 3 DLC available to Plus subscribers for free, as the release of Fallout: New Vegas draws tantalisingly near. Please be aware that these packs will be in the Plus section of PlayStation Store for one week only, from the following dates:

13 October
Fallout 3: Point Lookout
Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta
Fallout 3: Operation: Anchorage

20 October
Fallout 3: Broken Steel
Fallout 3: The Pitt

Pretty sick (meaning good) surprise if you ask me because I love Fallout 3 but I never got around to getting the add ons:lol:. My following source is from the official PS Blog by James Gallagher Blog Manager SCEE on the PS Plus Update for the 12th of October.

SoopaKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SoopaKilla
Member since 2005 • 366 Posts
Boo I already bought the add-ons but never even touched them yet.. I should've waited...
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fusionhunter

Boo I already bought the add-ons but never even touched them yet.. I should've waited...SoopaKilla
GT5 also got delayed again until the holiday season lol.

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
I see Playstation Plus in the PSStore all the time, can you link me to something that will explain what the difference is? Or just post back if you care to.
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Second_Rook
Nevermind, my lazy butt looked on my own. Hmm would be worth the 3 month price to get 5 FO3 DLCs....
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
Here ya go. I am a PS+ member and love it
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
Nevermind, my lazy butt looked on my own. Hmm would be worth the 3 month price to get 5 FO3 DLCs....Second_Rook
Plus it is getting better and better dude. I say give it a try. I had PS+ since launch and so far I got many free things and nice discounts
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
Nevermind, my lazy butt looked on my own. Hmm would be worth the 3 month price to get 5 FO3 DLCs....Second_Rook
Once your 3 months has expired, you won't be able use them.
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Second_Rook
[QUOTE="Second_Rook"]Nevermind, my lazy butt looked on my own. Hmm would be worth the 3 month price to get 5 FO3 DLCs....jshaas

So anything free is subject to continuing membership, so it's not a download, more of a server access?
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

So it's about $18 for three months of PS+, and I can get $50 worth of Fallout 3 DLC? Kewl, I might have to sign up finally.

Oh wait, I'm actually just renting them because I'll lose them if I don't continue to subscribe. Ahhhhh...that changes things a bit. As if those Fallout 3 DLC's aren't buggy enough without some extra code shoved in there to make them inoperative :roll:

Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts
Thats freakin sick. I love you Sony.
Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts
[QUOTE="jshaas"][QUOTE="Second_Rook"]Nevermind, my lazy butt looked on my own. Hmm would be worth the 3 month price to get 5 FO3 DLCs....Second_Rook

So anything free is subject to continuing membership, so it's not a download, more of a server access?

Not exactly. Your granted the DLC and it has an expiration date on it which last as long as your PS Plus. DLC will always be usable its the free "games" that wont be. Avatars, themes, Qore and DLC stays forever.
RefrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RefrishX
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
PlayStation Plus! much like selling demos & game-packs.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
[QUOTE="Second_Rook"][QUOTE="jshaas"] Once your 3 months has expired, you won't be able use them. Kokuro_Kun

Not exactly. Your granted the DLC and it has an expiration date on it which last as long as your PS Plus. DLC will always be usable its the free "games" that wont be. Avatars, themes, Qore and DLC stays forever.

Qore doesn't last forever either you can't go download an old Qore episode after the month of that issue is over.
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

How the hell does that work?

If you buy the F3 dlc for free while using ps+ then once your subscription is up they just delete the rewards you got from the dlc?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

If you buy the F3 dlc for free while using ps+ then once your subscription is up they just delete the rewards you got from the dlc?

Melpoe
Well, it is "kinda" worth it. How many times to you plan on replaying the DLC?
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts
[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

Fightingfan
Well, it is "kinda" worth it. How many times to you plan on replaying the DLC?

It's worth it if you plan on never returning to F3. Im not talking about replaying the DLC, im talking about the rewards like weapons and what not. Do they just poof into the air once your subscription is up? (btw I already played the dlc)
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I wonder what happens if you get the Broken Steel pack which raises the level cap from 20 to 30, and then you get to level 25 but don't renew your + subscription?

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="jshaas"][QUOTE="Second_Rook"]Nevermind, my lazy butt looked on my own. Hmm would be worth the 3 month price to get 5 FO3 DLCs....Second_Rook

I'm pretty sure you get to keep DLC and themes and avatars forever.

You just don't get to keep the "free" PSN games (and I think PSOne Classics).

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fusionhunter

I wonder what happens if you get the Broken Steel pack which raises the level cap from 20 to 30, and then you get to level 25 but don't renew your + subscription?

Jackc8

The DLCS are not part of a services list so you keep it forever,you can see what games are part of the service in Services List. Please be sure and not confuse other members,

Thanks

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fusionhunter

[QUOTE="Second_Rook"][QUOTE="jshaas"] Once your 3 months has expired, you won't be able use them. 2Chalupas

I'm pretty sure you get to keep DLC and themes and avatars forever.

You just don't get to keep the "free" PSN games (and I think PSOne Classics).

Its only full PSN Games like WipEout HD,LBP and Sams and Maxs

jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jnjreams76
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
Is this for N.A. PS+? I just checked the store and there is nothing new in PS+ since last weeks update? I'd love to get all the F3 stuff!
vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
I thought the theme wasnt for download until next week?
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jshaas
[QUOTE="Second_Rook"][QUOTE="jshaas"] Once your 3 months has expired, you won't be able use them. Kokuro_Kun

Oops. My bad, you're exactly right. Not sure why I thought the DLC was that way.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jshaas
I thought the theme wasnt for download until next week?vincent380
Theme went up in EU today. US gets it on the 19th.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
so US will be updated around 9pm
RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

So it's about $18 for three months of PS+, and I can get $50 worth of Fallout 3 DLC? Kewl, I might have to sign up finally.

Oh wait, I'm actually just renting them because I'll lose them if I don't continue to subscribe. Ahhhhh...that changes things a bit. As if those Fallout 3 DLC's aren't buggy enough without some extra code shoved in there to make them inoperative :roll:

Jackc8
Because an expiration date will magically make it buggier... Talk about hating just to hate. Though honestly, this really isn't that big of a deal. This probably wouldn't have been free if it wasn't for the fact that an actual GOTY edition is available with all DLC. That way, not as many people benefit from this, meaning that sales for that version of the game will not be affected in sales that much. I see so many people complaining about the time restrictions, but do they really expect Sony and all of these publishers to give these games and DLC away for $50 per year? Really? I think it's a pretty good deal to get all this stuff over the course of a year even after considering the fact that I won't have access to it afterwards. I can understand why people may not be interested in it, but calling it a rip-off is plain wrong. Most of the stuff on PS+ so far has been of good quality, even though a much of it could be rendered useless to someone who buys a lot of PSN games and DLC.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Well... I bought the GOTY edition...SO HA.

[spoiler] **** me, I need this thing. [/spoiler]

gial240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gial240
Member since 2004 • 2019 Posts

[QUOTE="Second_Rook"]Nevermind, my lazy butt looked on my own. Hmm would be worth the 3 month price to get 5 FO3 DLCs....jshaas

You can keep add-ons even after it lapses.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Zing, snap. Hope I DL'd that theme in time.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
I wish people would stop using the phrase "free" whenever they're talking about PS+, it's not free because you're paying for the service. It's still an amazing deal though.
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fusionhunter

I wish people would stop using the phrase "free" whenever they're talking about PS+, it's not free because you're paying for the service. It's still an amazing deal though.MushroomWig
But I get to keep the DLCs that I got "free" and will not expire because it isnt in the services list and therefore does'nt have to be re-newed.

BgBallzak182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BgBallzak182
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
this info just made me renew my sub to PS+,and it doesnt say anything about the DLC being free.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

gah, damn it all to hell i already have all of them, damn you sony!!!:x

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

does that KZ3 beta theme even come out on the US Plus store?

SpedKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SpedKnight
Member since 2006 • 1032 Posts
i love sony and ps+ haha it got me into qore too...love it
ElGreco88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 ElGreco88
Member since 2009 • 766 Posts

Zing, snap. Hope I DL'd that theme in time.Floppy_Jim

I hope I did too. When I DL'ed mine there were already 2500 ratings though, so I don't know. But today I checked the store and they took the theme down. So maybe after the 5000 downloads they removed it. Anyway, fingers crossed that I'm in.:P

nedubis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nedubis
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Apparently it took half an hour to reach 10,000 downloads. So as long as you got it before 8:30 you should be in.......
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#39 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

PS+ is pointless, this is the only decent news I've heard for people registered to it, otherwise you're not really getting your money back.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
it seems that its only on UK, the US store doesnt have it yet, i wonder if its next week for US
ElGreco88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 ElGreco88
Member since 2009 • 766 Posts

it seems that its only on UK, the US store doesnt have it yet, i wonder if its next week for USJoKeR_421

Yeah they said they'll release it in the US next Tuesday.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I guess they're doing that to get people pumped about New Vegas. Pretty sweet for the people that haven't played them yet.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MushroomWig

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]I wish people would stop using the phrase "free" whenever they're talking about PS+, it's not free because you're paying for the service. It's still an amazing deal though.fusionhunter

But I get to keep the DLCs that I got "free" and will not expire because it isnt in the services list and therefore does'nt have to be re-newed.

I know, but to get them in the first place you need to pay for the subscription.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Why not just buy the GOTY edition or buy it off PSN? At least you'll have it for as long as PSN lasts (or the disk).

lollibob79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lollibob79
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
so kz3 beta is psn+ only? is there any other way to get that beta ?
Francision69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 Francision69
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts
I envy the EU PSN+ :(
Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts

He is right DLC and stuff is there forever, ONLY Free games go away
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MushroomWig
I envy the EU PSN+ :(Francision69
I've never heard that before. xD