This topic is locked from further discussion.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z-miLlIS0EM

a hd trailer on the upcoming video game "Project Orgin" which is set to release in october 1st. :D, this game is going to be a hit, :)

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Sadly, I hate F.E.A.R., so this one will be a pass.
killzone_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 killzone_gamer
Member since 2007 • 2333 Posts
M'eh.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
F.E.A.R. sucked, so I will assume that this will suck also, despite the prettier visuals. If the original was anything to go by this will just be another mediocre FPS, with the central gimmick being that it attempts to be scary (and epically fails).
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts
Guess I'm the only one ultra hyped about this game.I loved f.e.a.r , played on the pc btw , sadly the ps3 version sucked compared to the pc's or 360's .But those that have only played in the ps3 should give a try on another platform , it's a great game.
rob_in_htown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 rob_in_htown
Member since 2008 • 112 Posts

I liked fear and im excited about project origin. Bioshock is the next biggest game for me prsonally. Maybe MGS.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Guess I'm the only one ultra hyped about this game.I loved f.e.a.r , played on the pc btw , sadly the ps3 version sucked compared to the pc's or 360's .But those that have only played in the ps3 should give a try on another platform , it's a great game.RoOodriGowW

Yeah, I played it on PC -- Meh!

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I like F.E.A.R.

It's a second game that made me scared at 2 AM in the morning with headphones on back in PC days.

IF F.E.A.R. does one thing right, that would be the phenomenal sounds that creep the heck out of you.

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]Guess I'm the only one ultra hyped about this game.I loved f.e.a.r , played on the pc btw , sadly the ps3 version sucked compared to the pc's or 360's .But those that have only played in the ps3 should give a try on another platform , it's a great game.BioShockOwnz

Yeah, I played it on PC -- Meh!

Well then it really isn't your cup of tea. ^^

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
Fear was blah. (note I tried pc demo and rented on ps3). It was a corridor shooter with time slowing abilities (which was the only cool part for me), but all the corridors looked the same so it was too easy to get lost. Personally the next shooter I am looking forward to is Bioshock on ps3 followed by Resistance 2 and KZ2 and maybe the rumored Crysis port. Farcry 2 looks intriguing though but Bioshock pushed Farcry off my radar
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 realistic44
Well if kill zone 2 is any different from the first version, it might actually be quite good, shooters im looking forward to is bioshock, resistance 2, socom confrontation, battlefield bad company, and maybe legendary . ;)
DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts

Sadly, I hate F.E.A.R., so this one will be a pass.BioShockOwnz

I'm not a big fan of the series either, but this one looks much different. I've seen a gameplay segement on IGN, this game looks sweet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#13 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Meh. I think the FEAR story is intriguing, but the gameplay is so bland and generic. There are many better games coming out around that time anyway.
Sony_Patriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Sony_Patriot
Member since 2008 • 384 Posts
I never really liked FPS and it looks like this one isn't going to change my opinion
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
the trailer was cool, can't wait
lordmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lordmt
Member since 2005 • 1067 Posts

F.E.A.R. sucked, so I will assume that this will suck also, despite the prettier visuals. If the original was anything to go by this will just be another mediocre FPS, with the central gimmick being that it attempts to be scary (and epically fails). Silent-Hal

WTF you serious. FEAR WAS BAD ASS! How can you say it sucked. Had to be one of the top 8 shooters of all time.

lordmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lordmt
Member since 2005 • 1067 Posts

F.E.A.R. sucked, so I will assume that this will suck also, despite the prettier visuals. If the original was anything to go by this will just be another mediocre FPS, with the central gimmick being that it attempts to be scary (and epically fails). Silent-Hal

WTF you serious. FEAR WAS BAD ASS! How can you say it sucked. Had to be one of the top 8 shooters of all time.

hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hcho3
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

I was ok with Fear on pc. The graphic was great, but story, and gameplay were ok.

It was so repetitive. They need better multiplayer.

Gray_Wolf-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#19 Gray_Wolf-13
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

I myself loved FEAR. I was never huge on FPS but loved horror genre games, which got me to try out FEAR in the first place. When I did play it I was surprised at how good it was. It had parts to surprise you but more importantly it combined sounds, low lighting, and eerie atmospheres to get you on your guard so that when something DID happen it was a lot more of a shock than it would have been without the build up.

Granted that the third expansion of the PC series (which was Perseus Mandate) was an epic failure in my opinion for the fact that they focused on the FPS portion on the game and less on horror aspect, which is what made FEAR unique,:? but the game FEAR and the Extraction Point expansion were both great in my opinion. Sure FEAR isn't on the same level as the Fatal Frame games (I haven't found a game that is) but all in all I think its a fun FPS with a twist of horror to make it interesting.

Looking forward to Project Origin and can't wait to play it:)

PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts

[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]F.E.A.R. sucked, so I will assume that this will suck also, despite the prettier visuals. If the original was anything to go by this will just be another mediocre FPS, with the central gimmick being that it attempts to be scary (and epically fails). lordmt

Yeah, seriously dude...FEAR was one of the best shooters ive played (on pc)...i dont know what impression it mightve made on platforms..but on pc...it was...simply amazing. :D guaranteed one of the best shooters of 08, next to mgs4 and geow2
Gray_Wolf-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#21 Gray_Wolf-13
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

I like F.E.A.R.

It's a second game that made me scared at 2 AM in the morning with headphones on back in PC days.

IF F.E.A.R. does one thing right, that would be the phenomenal sounds that creep the heck out of you.

Sokol4ever

Not only that but F.E.A.R also had a way of positioning things so that you would walk straight into a freaky part while your adrenalin was still pumping from your most recent gun battle.

I never thought that a game could take a little girl and make her scary. Then take a naked teenage chick and make her make the little girl look like nothing.

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts
Never played F.E.A.R. , but this game doesn't look that bad. I'll keep my eye on this title, but my main thing I'm waiting for is Socom Confrontation.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
i bought FEAR, never really played much of the single player. the multiplayer was alot of fun, but the servers were pretty sparsely populated on the PS3.
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 realistic44

Never played F.E.A.R. , but this game doesn't look that bad. I'll keep my eye on this title, but my main thing I'm waiting for is Socom Confrontation.RMANPOWER

Socom + Resistance 2 = Fps Killers :P ;)

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts

[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]Never played F.E.A.R. , but this game doesn't look that bad. I'll keep my eye on this title, but my main thing I'm waiting for is Socom Confrontation.realistic44

Socom + Resistance 2 = Fps Killers :P ;)

Shoot just Socom alone will SMASH!!

jacksik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 jacksik
Member since 2007 • 619 Posts
Not into Horror games. if thats what is was ramping up to.
TugaSoldatTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#27 TugaSoldatTV
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts

did you even played it? I mean NOT the demo? Your opinion is based on nothing. You don't have any game tastes.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]F.E.A.R. sucked, so I will assume that this will suck also, despite the prettier visuals. If the original was anything to go by this will just be another mediocre FPS, with the central gimmick being that it attempts to be scary (and epically fails). TugaSoldatTV

did you even played it? I mean NOT the demo? Your opinion is based on nothing. You don't have any game tastes.

I played and completed the game. It was just a very boring experience. The story was very badly told (woohoo, voice recordings :roll: ), the enemies and environments were bland and repetitive and the game's attempts at being scary just fell flat on their face.

You couldn't even be hurt during the parts that were trying be scary until the end of the game, which just kills the suspense. Sure the lighting is sort of dark, but if there's no real threat then what do you to be scared about? Little girls >_>?

I play plenty of real horror games and F.E.A.R. is not one of them. F.E.A.R. is not a good horror game and F.E.A.R. is not a good FPS.

Avatar image for sherlockhomeboy
sherlockhomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sherlockhomeboy
Member since 2006 • 83 Posts
I loved fear for ps3, cant wait for the next, but there are so many games coming out at the same time, but I think this will be one of the few to get at launch...