Plus users, How is the Kane & Lynch 2 Demo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

Topic.

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

I would like to know as well, went to download and was like WTF??

Kane and Lynch has huge potential...graphic, good story, great chracters, and good 3rd person shooters are lacking.

The 1st was off alittle, with some good work, it could be a good game both on and off line

SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SNESMaster420

I would like to know as well, went to download and was like WTF??

Kane and Lynch has huge potential...graphic, good story, great chracters, and good 3rd person shooters are lacking.

The 1st was off alittle, with some good work, it could be a good game both on and off line

TJSAGE
Yeah, it looks like they really made alot of improvements with this one and the setting is awesome. Only time will tell though. I have been on the fence about joining +, but if this is going to be the new trend then I will probably fork over the cash. It is a much better service IMO than Live anyway which I don't pay for since I get the online games for PS3 which is the console the majority of my friends own.
sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts
Somehow I forgot that Plus subscribers would be getting exclusive demos. Betas, I understand. But demos? That's absurd. I'm sure it'll become available to all users in the future, but they can no longer say that regular PSN users will continue getting the same service they always have. Either they're releasing a demo exclusively to Plus users and delaying it to the rest of us, or they're saying that we all would have been getting the demo much later EVEN THOUGH it's ready to go now. I don't care all that much for Kane & Lynch, but the concept of exclusive demos irritates me.
supernintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 supernintendo
Member since 2005 • 1634 Posts
The demo wasnt my cup of tea. I never played the first so i didn't know what i was suppsoed to expect. the running made me want to puke, mainly because i had a headache, but the shakey camera didnt help either. The gun play was alright, but it felt kinda weighted to me.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Somehow I forgot that Plus subscribers would be getting exclusive demos. Betas, I understand. But demos? That's absurd. I'm sure it'll become available to all users in the future, but they can no longer say that regular PSN users will continue getting the same service they always have. Either they're releasing a demo exclusively to Plus users and delaying it to the rest of us, or they're saying that we all would have been getting the demo much later EVEN THOUGH it's ready to go now. I don't care all that much for Kane & Lynch, but the concept of exclusive demos irritates me.sportwarrior

Have a little patience... Sony is hoping you'll have this EXACT reaction, they're counting on you to say "but I want it NOW (pouty face)" to get the money out of you, but you will download that demo and 9 times out of 10, it won't be worth $50 for the "privilege" and the truth is that they won't hold out for months, it'll be a week perhaps two before it's available to EVERYONE. Paying for demos and betas is a joke. Demos don't last more than a few minutes and you're done, betas? Who cares. I'd MUCH rather wait and see the finished product than bounce around a glitchy single map MP TDM. I would rather put that $50 into a title I KNOW I want to play than demos of crud I'm only passively interested in.

SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SNESMaster420
[QUOTE="sportwarrior"]Somehow I forgot that Plus subscribers would be getting exclusive demos. Betas, I understand. But demos? That's absurd. I'm sure it'll become available to all users in the future, but they can no longer say that regular PSN users will continue getting the same service they always have. Either they're releasing a demo exclusively to Plus users and delaying it to the rest of us, or they're saying that we all would have been getting the demo much later EVEN THOUGH it's ready to go now. I don't care all that much for Kane & Lynch, but the concept of exclusive demos irritates me.

I think this demo is exlusive to the PSN for + users. I dont think Xbox live got the demo either. It would be weak sauce if it was on live and you can get it with the free Silver account, but you have to be a + user to play the demo on PSN. I see what your saying, but if us paying for + makes the experience that much better, then it is worth the less than 4 bucks a month to be a member. IMO
coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts
i thought it was cool
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
There's a Quick Look of the 360 version (probably very similar to PS3 version) on GiantBomb.com
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
The demo was fantastic, ive completed it several times now and decided to order the game. The camera filter gives it a Manhunt feel, which is great imo. The controls are perfectly fine, my only complaint is R1 is the fire button, i much prefer R2. But i can adjust to R1 but it would be alot better for me if i could map the controls. I dont know why non plus users feel like they are being hard done by, the store updates on a wednesday and plus users got the demo on monday. Now the demo is on the UK store for everyone to download. Sony wouldn't have put the demp up any sooner than wednesday. So what harm is being done? (This is for UK/Europe people but anyone can make a UK account and download the demo right now!)
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

It's actually a lot of fun. I love the cover system. Also, I love the grainy camera; I don't know if the first one was like that (I didn't play it) but it's a cool effect.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Testify, cooldust. That's what I'm talking about... Plus users got it a few DAYS early... Sorry but that doesn't seem like any sort of "advantage", if there IS any, to an "early demo". Who cares? I'm still getting demos from games released years ago off PSN and they haven't seemed any less-fresh to me.

:lol:

Thank you, cooldust, for showing the schedule's weaknesses in terms of making Plus any more desirable... I appreciate it.

ninjanutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ninjanutta
Member since 2008 • 180 Posts
its not psn+ only in europe for some strange reason,anyway i played it on xbox a few weeks ago and it really good,also people moaning about the camera sway,it can be switched off,they have covered all bases,i think this will be a big hit,the online modes are brilliant too.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hxczuner

Testify, cooldust. That's what I'm talking about... Plus users got it a few DAYS early... Sorry but that doesn't seem like any sort of "advantage", if there IS any, to an "early demo". Who cares? I'm still getting demos from games released years ago off PSN and they haven't seemed any less-fresh to me.

:lol:

Thank you, cooldust, for showing the schedule's weaknesses in terms of making Plus any more desirable... I appreciate it.

MonkeySpot
As far as I know, there's no US release date outside of PS+. I'm sure they'll make it public at some point but it's more than a few days.
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

It's ok....the camera is my only problem. It's giving me a headache. So Im not going to play it anymore.

jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jnjreams76
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
Did everyone's ps+ automatically download this demo? I just logged on, and the demo is already there ready to play. Haven't tried it yet, but will soon enough. Just curious if the default is auto download of demos or if I have adjusted settings somewhere along the way....
Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts
The demo was fantastic, ive completed it several times now and decided to order the game. The camera filter gives it a Manhunt feel, which is great imo. The controls are perfectly fine, my only complaint is R1 is the fire button, i much prefer R2. But i can adjust to R1 but it would be alot better for me if i could map the controls. I dont know why non plus users feel like they are being hard done by, the store updates on a wednesday and plus users got the demo on monday. Now the demo is on the UK store for everyone to download. Sony wouldn't have put the demp up any sooner than wednesday. So what harm is being done? (This is for UK/Europe people but anyone can make a UK account and download the demo right now!) cooldust
Please tell me there's no FRAME TEARING, if there is any, i'm not even considering it. I'm tired of developers releasing linear games that can't run properly.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hxczuner

It's ok....the camera is my only problem. It's giving me a headache. So Im not going to play it anymore.

Terrencec06
I'm still not sure how I feel about the camera. I like how it shakes when you run, i think it's a neat idea, but it gets really annoying after a few minutes.
Bladex2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bladex2k
Member since 2003 • 2755 Posts
[QUOTE="sportwarrior"]Somehow I forgot that Plus subscribers would be getting exclusive demos. Betas, I understand. But demos? That's absurd. I'm sure it'll become available to all users in the future, but they can no longer say that regular PSN users will continue getting the same service they always have. Either they're releasing a demo exclusively to Plus users and delaying it to the rest of us, or they're saying that we all would have been getting the demo much later EVEN THOUGH it's ready to go now. I don't care all that much for Kane & Lynch, but the concept of exclusive demos irritates me.

we still getting the same service this is just something they have to do now to make the psn+ users feel like paying is worth it. we just gotta wait 1 or 2 weeks for a demo does it really matter lol just wait 7 more days or become a psn+ subcriber lol
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

Somehow I forgot that Plus subscribers would be getting exclusive demos. Betas, I understand. But demos? That's absurd. I'm sure it'll become available to all users in the future, but they can no longer say that regular PSN users will continue getting the same service they always have. Either they're releasing a demo exclusively to Plus users and delaying it to the rest of us, or they're saying that we all would have been getting the demo much later EVEN THOUGH it's ready to go now. I don't care all that much for Kane & Lynch, but the concept of exclusive demos irritates me.sportwarrior

couldn't say it better myself. right when plus was announced i got the feeling something like this would happen, and i hate how i always get the bad things right. i don't care about KnL2 either.... but if this is of any indication, Sony has been lying to us.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

It's surprisingly good, compare to the original game.

This time around, I actually has fun.. The multiplayer has good, innovative ideas, it's actually solid game if you're judging from demo alone.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i stopped playing it after 3 min., i hated the 1st one as well, no split-screen co-op as well which was very disappointing

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

It was ok. The camera really turned me off to it. The whole shaky cam really bothers me. I liked the destructible environments, but I felt that there was way too much dualshock feedback for some reason. I felt like I was always getting shot no matter what kind of cover I took. Also, the controls seems weighted and somewhat unresponsive.

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hxczuner

[QUOTE="sportwarrior"]Somehow I forgot that Plus subscribers would be getting exclusive demos. Betas, I understand. But demos? That's absurd. I'm sure it'll become available to all users in the future, but they can no longer say that regular PSN users will continue getting the same service they always have. Either they're releasing a demo exclusively to Plus users and delaying it to the rest of us, or they're saying that we all would have been getting the demo much later EVEN THOUGH it's ready to go now. I don't care all that much for Kane & Lynch, but the concept of exclusive demos irritates me.Jinroh_basic

couldn't say it better myself. right when plus was announced i got the feeling something like this would happen, and i hate how i always get the bad things right. i don't care about KnL2 either.... but if this is of any indication, Sony has been lying to us.

ummm.... boo-hoo. They said + members would be getting special treatment, and we are. If you want to be included in that then go subscribe. The Xbox demo was only available with a code, what made you think regular PSN users would get it? I don't know what's going on in the UK, that's weird, but I never expected the K&L2 demo to be available to the general public.... Get over it.
nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nolson
Member since 2003 • 1141 Posts
does nobody read the playstation blog. It says clearly that the demo will be made available to everyone exactly 1 week after plus users. as in this coming tuesday so everyone calm down
DeadSoulKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DeadSoulKing
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts

The demo is awesome. The multiplayer is good as well, except for when it lags like crazy.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I don't know. I deleted it when it was downloaded. I haven't seen anything about it and I'm not interested in it at all.

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
The KnL2 demo felt like a very generic third-person shooter with a similar feel to Alpha Protocol. The enemies ran around as if they were robots on crack. Overall the demo was okay, but it didn't make me want to buy this game.
Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

It was ok. The camera really turned me off to it. The whole shaky cam really bothers me. I liked the destructible environments, but I felt that there was way too much dualshock feedback for some reason. I felt like I was always getting shot no matter what kind of cover I took. Also, the controls seems weighted and somewhat unresponsive.

caseystryker

Any Screen Tearing??

runekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 runekey
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

I downloaded it but haven't played it yet. Ill get on that soon.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

[QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

[QUOTE="sportwarrior"]Somehow I forgot that Plus subscribers would be getting exclusive demos. Betas, I understand. But demos? That's absurd. I'm sure it'll become available to all users in the future, but they can no longer say that regular PSN users will continue getting the same service they always have. Either they're releasing a demo exclusively to Plus users and delaying it to the rest of us, or they're saying that we all would have been getting the demo much later EVEN THOUGH it's ready to go now. I don't care all that much for Kane & Lynch, but the concept of exclusive demos irritates me.hxczuner

ummm.... boo-hoo. They said + members would be getting special treatment, and we are. If you want to be included in that then go subscribe. The Xbox demo was only available with a code, what made you think regular PSN users would get it? I don't know what's going on in the UK, that's weird, but I never expected the K&L2 demo to be available to the general public.... Get over it.

nope, no "special treatment" was ever mentioned, just as demo (not beta) was NEVER exclusive on PSN before this. Sony said regular users will enjoy everything there was and quite obviously they lied. and no, i have no interest in plus. i'm already being ripped off by my boss so no thanks.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
its free on the EU store guys. no ps + needed.
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
Its avaible on EU store for everyone, even non subscribers
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
[QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

[QUOTE="sportwarrior"]Somehow I forgot that Plus subscribers would be getting exclusive demos. Betas, I understand. But demos? That's absurd. I'm sure it'll become available to all users in the future, but they can no longer say that regular PSN users will continue getting the same service they always have. Either they're releasing a demo exclusively to Plus users and delaying it to the rest of us, or they're saying that we all would have been getting the demo much later EVEN THOUGH it's ready to go now. I don't care all that much for Kane & Lynch, but the concept of exclusive demos irritates me.hxczuner

It is if you have european store. I couldnt download as I have like 400 MB left on HDD but it is there for everyone.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

Played the demo until the end but I didn't like it, the controls were awkard and I just hated the style. I didn't like the first game from playing the demo and I feel the same way here.

To be honest, I can't believe they created a sequel considering the reviews for the first game, but that's me.

For those who didn't know, the demo supports custom music from your XMB.

ozzief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ozzief
Member since 2003 • 50 Posts

Is it just me, or did the graphics seem really really really... bad? The animations were bland, and glitchy too. I liked the 'Heat' shootout feel though, and the camera style. But the graphics, to me at least, seemed almost last-gen.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts

Is it just me, or did the graphics seem really really really... bad? The animations were bland, and glitchy too. I liked the 'Heat' shootout feel though, and the camera style. But the graphics, to me at least, seemed almost last-gen.

ozzief
Yeah, there are a lot of dull and lifeless textures. The bad guys all look the same and look pretty dumb at that. However, I'm head over heels with this game's visual style. The Youtube look was a perfect way to mask its flaws and it actually made the game that much better looking to me. I can't really say if I'd be so stoked about it without the gritty handycam look, but its a good thing I'll never have to know. :P