Playstation Store,PSN and playstation HOME in INDIA...???

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shreeveera_ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shreeveera_ps3
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
I live in INDIA....Can i access the playstation store and play HOME on my PS3...???is the PS STORE officially launched for INDIANS...???PPL please help me out....!!!:(
stoned_rocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 stoned_rocker
Member since 2005 • 137 Posts

Hey dude... I live in India too, and yes, PSN does work (I play online all the time) but the playstation store does NOT work for an Indian address... What you can do is make another PSN account where you setyour country as, for example, USA... Problem is, u will have to make a new account on ur playstation, which means that although u may be able to copy ur save files, u won't be able to copy trophies... what i would suggest is that you make a new account and set up ur PSN id to another country, so u can download stuff from there... u will be able to use Home and the store on there, but u can keep ur saves and play online (and chat and whatnot) in your old account... Hope that helps :P

shreeveera_ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shreeveera_ps3
It really helped a LOT dude....3 cheers for INDIA...Wanna be my friend so we can chat bout ps3 games and stuff....where do ya live in india...i live in bangalore(karnataka)...I love indian gamers like u and wanna be a friend...
stoned_rocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stoned_rocker
Member since 2005 • 137 Posts
Hey dude awesome i live in Bangalore too... haha what are the odds :P
shreeveera_ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shreeveera_ps3
what are you studying and where exactly in bangalore....im doing final year MBBS in siddhartha medical college
naveenu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 naveenu
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hi Gang, I'm too facing the same problem. Tried your method also & entered a valid address & zip code, but its not getting accepted. Its asking to enter a valid address. Please help me please. I also from bangalore & big freak of PS3. Include me as your friend in PS3. Please help me out as to which address shall i put.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Go to google maps and choose a random address in America. You could use the Empire State building and it would probably work. Or UK, or whatever country you need.
naveenu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 naveenu
Exactly, I have a valid address & zip from Indiana. But somehow it is not getting accepted. Anyways i will try some more addresses. But what exactly is PS3 looking for? A valid address or a valid zip or both?
anzelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 3

#9 anzelm
Member since 2004 • 902 Posts

I live in Europe and have an american account as well. I used the adress of a New York hotel and it works just fine.

Also the games you purchase on the american account can be played by all the users accounts of your ps3. So all you have to do is login with your indian account and install the game and you can collect the trophies on that account.

naveenu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 naveenu
Yes, I got to sign-up. The system is only looking at a valid zip; So use one valid zip & enjoy the whole plethora of store.
murderdoll82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 murderdoll82
I live in Bangalore too... It's really painful not having Playstation store in India. I've been tryin to get map packs for call of duty 5 forever now.... Can you guys tell me how I can download it since my debit/credit card are from India... It's high time they start PS Store in india because there is a sizable amount of ppl from India playing online!! PSN: murderdoll82
anzelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 3

#12 anzelm
Member since 2004 • 902 Posts

That shouldn't be a problem. I can buy stuff from the american store using my swedish credit card. The problem though is that even if the games are not region coded the dlc is. So, I can't buy dlc for my european guitar hero from the us store. A friend of mine had the same experience when he tried to download soulcalibur 4 dlc from the us store. So I guess you'll have to use the asian store in order to get the right coded map packs, if the same region codes apply to map packs that is.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
[QUOTE="murderdoll82"]I live in Bangalore too... It's really painful not having Playstation store in India. I've been tryin to get map packs for call of duty 5 forever now.... Can you guys tell me how I can download it since my debit/credit card are from India... It's high time they start PS Store in india because there is a sizable amount of ppl from India playing online!! PSN: murderdoll82

do they sell the playstationcards in india? I'm also indian but I don't live in India, how many rupees is a game their? Rakhi is tomorrow or today for you friend!
murderdoll82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 murderdoll82
rupees 2500 onwards...
foufi007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 foufi007
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi.Can you please send me a address in amarica.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

Hi.Can you please send me a address in amarica.

foufi007
New york New york 00501
k_ozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 k_ozz
Member since 2007 • 1088 Posts

PSN store and home is not accessible with an Indian account... It was said PSN store would be availble by end of 2008... Its already 2009 and there'sno news about that... I have two acounts... One Indian and the other with US address, which is in fact the address ofan hotel in US...

PS: I live in Banglore as well ;)

foufi007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 foufi007

Hi.In address 1 what should i put?

k_ozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 k_ozz

Hi.In address 1 what should i put?

foufi007

522 W 38th Street, New York City, New York, 10018-1104, United States

OR

145 E 49th Street, New York City, New York, 10017, United States

Enter one of these and you will be fine.. Make sure to fill all e lines though

foufi007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 foufi007

what line?

k_ozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 k_ozz

what line?

foufi007

I meant fill in all the fields including the zip code..

foufi007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 foufi007

i put them and a error tells me you must enter a valid address

k_ozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 k_ozz

i put them and a error tells me you must enter a valid address

foufi007

Do one thing.. Create a new user when u do this... U will be asked to enter your region, here choose USA...And then try to register with the address mentioned earlier..

Avatar image for forzafootball77
forzafootball77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 forzafootball77
Member since 2008 • 499 Posts

hey guys im from delhi :D

PSN :anay_mufc

lextexrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lextexrex
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
I live in Michigan, but I visit Bangalore every other year during the summer.
shiben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 shiben
Member since 2004 • 387 Posts

hey ozy, hey shreeveera :)

rachar99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rachar99
Hello All, I have been gifted a PS3 bought in UK. I have sucessfully created an account using a UK address cos my Indian address did not allow me to do so. Now am having trouble logging into Play station Network. Trying to download software and it says failed after 99%. What could be the possible reason. Please help and i live in Hyderabad. Please call me or sms me so that i can call back +91-9441210236. Thanking you.
CrystalEdgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 CrystalEdgen
Member since 2009 • 70 Posts

hey guys i noe that trick and it does work but doesnt it prevent paid content? wouldnt that be a problem? I'm indian too and im a Sony fanboy lolz so plz help
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

PSN:PLASMA-BLADE

Dark_Noah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dark_Noah
thanks guys for ur help............ I was looking for a way to access PSN & PS home......... I just bought the ps3 slim this year on the 3rd......... also I m also frm India.......I live in Pune............. Also do add me as a frnd on the PSN..I have no frnds yet........since I m new to it!!!!!! here is my id Dark_Noah_1[with American adderss] Dark_Noah01[with Indian adderss]
dinjo_jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#30 dinjo_jo
Member since 2008 • 691 Posts
I'm from mumbai using uk account for faster psn downloads
Dark_Noah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dark_Noah
I'm from mumbai using uk account for faster psn downloadsdinjo_jo
realy???!! I used to live in Mumbai as well!!!!!!!! I stayed at Kandivali
kmadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kmadon
Member since 2006 • 204 Posts
Hey people. Another Indian gamer here. I suggest you head over to www.Indianvideogamer.com. A large community of Indian gamers you can get to know and play with. Look forward to seeing you there. I go by 'Phaseolus' there.
NatsumeKonno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 NatsumeKonno
Member since 2009 • 350 Posts

I have a US account and a japanese account. I can play the games from the US store i bought on my Japanese account just fine. Also on the Japanese account i am able to change my screen name anytime whice is a plus +. Dunno why they wont let you do that on the US one.

Yagnav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 Yagnav
Member since 2004 • 6107 Posts

Well since all us gaowalas are here....go ahead and add me to your friends list on the PSN and XBL......maybe jam up for a game online sometime......gamertag and PSN id's in my sig

Dark_Noah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dark_Noah

I have a US account and a japanese account. I can play the games from the US store i bought on my Japanese account just fine. Also on the Japanese account i am able to change my screen name anytime whice is a plus +. Dunno why they wont let you do that on the US one.

NatsumeKonno
realy??? U are able to play the games u buy on ur *** acc frm the US store!!!! how??? & is there any new of the PS store to start in India??
dinjo_jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#36 dinjo_jo
Member since 2008 • 691 Posts
my PSN id is dinjo_jo , i'm at mira road
Clay-End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Clay-End
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts

Howdy Neighbours...:D....well i am from Pakistan....and i havent really met anyone from Pakistan in here....anyway i have psn accounts from all regions.....us,uk,hongkong,japan.....u can get a lot of cool stuff from the Japanese ps store.....its real easy to make em.....just google the zip code for US store....u can put anything in the rest of the adress...lol..i put tottenham in the adress fo r the US account :P

HaCKBoYY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HaCKBoYY
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Yeah its !! its a fact.......its HIGH TIME SONY update ur site just visit the sony india and see they are still sitting on sytem update2.70 ......... I think sony wakes up in america and comes 2 sleep here as the room charges in india R quite less....DONt u Agree ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. its vulgur of them not 2 start the psn here!!!!!!!!Know which year it is 20/10............... Anyways i hav a US psn id left no choice for me 2 create it.......... i am frm delhi Ad my psn id is gamezone321
Clay-End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Clay-End

Yeah its !! its a fact.......its HIGH TIME SONY update ur site just visit the sony india and see they are still sitting on sytem update2.70 ......... I think sony wakes up in america and comes 2 sleep here as the room charges in india R quite less....DONt u Agree ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. its vulgur of them not 2 start the psn here!!!!!!!!Know which year it is 20/10............... Anyways i hav a US psn id left no choice for me 2 create it.......... i am frm delhi Ad my psn id is gamezone321 HaCKBoYY

woah!....easy there tiger :?

Clay-End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Clay-End

We pay 20K for this machine...

Why keep Indian from using the store?? Of course I know, you can always create an account of a foreign country. But thats against the terms and agreements that we usually just skip and never care to read. The question is, why are the Sony people not wanting Indians to buy stuff online?

Maybe we are considered by some as 'Gaonwallas ', thats why...

vidhvat

more like "Paindoo" :P

Avatar image for zzzooohhheeebbb
zzzooohhheeebbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 zzzooohhheeebbb
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
hey there! for the past 1 month i've been searching forn friends on the psn. plllllllllleeeeeezzzzzz add me as a friend on the psn . i live in mumbai . my psn id is- zohebbaba
zzzooohhheeebbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 zzzooohhheeebbb
i need add ons for gta IV , hence ineed to create an account with an address from u.k. please help me as soon as possible
zzzooohhheeebbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 zzzooohhheeebbb
can you send me an address from u.k.
Avatar image for IIIIxxGOWxxIIII
IIIIxxGOWxxIIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 IIIIxxGOWxxIIII
Hi, I live in mumbai ( INDIA ) n i wanted 2 ask u dat can i buy Burnout Paradise Add On: Big Surf Island & Cops & Robbers Pack with ma credit card on us psn store i use home n many other features of U.S Region witout n e prob. but i have never tried buyin game on store i have a U.S id so lemme know if u get n e info thanx in advance....
IIIIxxGOWxxIIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 IIIIxxGOWxxIIII
zoheb baba r u thr
IIIIxxGOWxxIIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 IIIIxxGOWxxIIII
In which part of Mumbai do u live.I live at Mohammedali rd n i m hardcore ps3 user n burnout paradise fan.
Avatar image for kool_zed_speaks
kool_zed_speaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 kool_zed_speaks
Member since 2005 • 125 Posts

Hey guys I'm from Calcutta, West Bengal. I know PS Store and Home not being here sucks but I had a question. I have two accounts, one UK a/c with a fake address and one Indian a/c. So up until now I've been playing using my UK a/c cuz I thought I wanted to use Home and Store and now have like 200 trophies in the account (including ACII platinum). But I'm worried now and thinking of changing to my real Indian a/c. So just wanted to ask : Will it be worth it to leave these trophies behind and change?

bhushan_5544

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bhushan_5544
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

well, they are saying psn store will be launched in diwali this year http://news.softpedia.com/news/PlayStation-Store-and-Move-Coming-to-India-147115.shtml. i am also using a US a/c, just want to confirm can i download dlc and use it on my indian profile.

PSN ID: bhushanp