playstation store error

This topic is locked from further discussion.

erodger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 erodger
Member since 2006 • 341 Posts
i am trying to get the socom tactical strike demo off the site. i start the dl then at random places after multiple attempts it will say error code (0x844437b) made some numbers up but that is similar. it did the same for some other demos but i just switched usb cables. the other 3 worked fine on this cable i dont know why socom wont work. is there an actual definition for that error code? because i prefer an easy route to get demos on the psp. the socom demo is huge so that will take me a long time to get it to go through if i try trial and error.
kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts

Well there may be a known definition for that error code, but we would need to know the actual error code.

Anyway, I was trying to download the patapon demo the other day and I was also getting an error message. I did not try a different USB port or cable, instead I tried a different computer and that worked. BTW I was using vista on the original computer.

So you might as well try a different computer if possible. Although, since you said three other (smaller?) demos downloaded fine with a different cable, it makes me wonder if your internet connection is not reliable enough and is excessively dropping information. You may want to try downloading one of the smaller demos with the first USB cable you used, if it works then it is fairly safe to say the cable is not the issue.

erodger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 erodger
my xp one couldnt dl a single one so i used my vista computer and that worked. my xp's computers usb drives have been shot or something they just never work correctly. it would have been nice if you can dl it on to memory stick as well.
le_mulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 le_mulot
Member since 2005 • 186 Posts

First I would like to say that the Network Store and the tool they give are total mess ! There's absolutely no customer support. It's a real shame and I don't recommend you to buy anything with your credit card on that site.

So finaly, after spending nearly 3 hours of my "precious time", here it is :

1. uninstall everything/anything about Playstation(R) Network Downloader,

2. go download the tool here (I've got the setup v1.00.0003 and it install application v1.0.0.11)

3. Execute the setup where you downloaded it in a prompt like this :

PSNDownloaderSetup.exe /L1033

This will force the setup to install in US/English language.

In my case I didn't reboot but because you are on Windows, you should ;)

4. IMPORTANT: Plug your PSP to your computer and get it registered/activated to the web site here. This part isn't very well describe but you must do it.

5. Go download and open any file with .XPD extension.

6. Let your firewall get the network downloader go to the internet

(C:Program FilesSonyPLAYSTATION Network Downloaderpsndl.exe)

That's it ! Hope that will help, if you have questions post them ;)

jpwest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 jpwest
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I really thought I was going to be able to fix it this time - yours was the first detailed explanation of what to do with this error.

Unfortunately, it's the same old thing - "A connection error has occurred. (0x80048101)" Can't download, even though I have been able to in the past, same psp, same computer, everything. Sony won't even acknowledge the problem. Very, very frustrating.

RickLemieux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RickLemieux
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts
I'm getting the same problem. This is very frustrating. No help from the playstation help center! People complain about Microsoft help line, but I had a much easier time there for the RRoD!
jpwest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jpwest
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I got it to work again - at least temporarily. For whatever it's worth, I didn't change anything with the possible exception of having the PSP connected and in USB mode before launching the PS Store.

Things that were supposed to fix the problem that didn't: Format memory card, deactivate/activate PSP, change USB cable, etc. Good luck to others who have this problem.

erodger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 erodger
so far my only method is to keep trying. it will work on one of those attempts.