Playstation Now Announced!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSWX30kUamA

Thoughts? This is a HUGE gamechange!

Games can now be streamed to tablets, pc's, Vita and games from PS3, PS2 and PS1 to the PS4 with trophies!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/07/sony-reveals-its-streaming-service-playstation-now

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

Wow looks great. Just waiting to see what the actual cost of the service is. If I had to guess I'd say around £15 per month which is probably too much for me but for anyone without a PS console it'll be great.

I just want to be able to play PS3 games on my Vita like Sony said it would at launch.

ahmedmandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 ahmedmandy
Member since 2014 • 48 Posts

Suddenly, the VITA is looking really attractive to me right now.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

This could turn out very well, but I still have my worries. Most importantly, I wonder how well the streaming will work. It will surely be very demanding internet usage-wise. I really don't want a single player game to lag or go into a lower resolution or something. I can't even watch Netflix in HD at times on my fairly decent connection. I'm not too worried about the game selection since they already mentioned some big titles that would be included. The price remains to be seen, but if you have access to so many games, I doubt it's going to be cheap. It will pretty much be PS+ on crack it seems. Not much is being said about the renting portion of all this. That's something I'd definitely be interested in, unless they overprice that anyway.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

timing seems right. launch was about the games. and now they add additional functions for the machine.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Last_Ride

@ahmedmandy said:

Suddenly, the VITA is looking really attractive to me right now.

oh yeah, playing Last of Us on that, will be amazing

The_Grin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Grin
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I am excited to see where this goes! This to me seems to be the right way to go about inching closer to full digital distribution. Sony needs to continue talking about the positives of the service, and make an affordable price. If this service is done right it could be a real game changer.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

When do we find out about playstation now fees?

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

I want to learn more about PlayStation Now. I do think it's kind of strange how everyone opposes backwards compatibility but is excited for PlayStation Now. Gamers are strange to me. lol

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@the_grin said:

I am excited to see where this goes! This to me seems to be the right way to go about inching closer to full digital distribution. Sony needs to continue talking about the positives of the service, and make an affordable price. If this service is done right it could be a real game changer.

Its a very interesting concept they have going here with Playstation. Hopefully this feature will pick up a lot of steam and do well.

The_Grin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Grin
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Coolyfett: I am sure it will! Sony will bring value and nostalgia into this program.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#12 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@Jak-25 said:

I want to learn more about PlayStation Now. I do think it's kind of strange how everyone opposes backwards compatibility but is excited for PlayStation Now. Gamers are strange to me. lol

a good games is a good and many newer gamers missed out on many generation 4 & generation 5 classics. Backwards gaming is great.

jakesnakeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 jakesnakeel
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts

@Jak-25:

@Jak-25 said:

I've never heard of one person who opposes backward compatibility!? It's strange that you think that. The only people who could possibly oppose it are Sony and MS.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Last_Ride

I think it has a lot of potential if you ask me