Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts

About 2 half weeks ago, my brother replaced the old router with a new one. I got everything from PC, X1, PS4, Phone and the PS3 connected. However, a few days ago, due to bad connection, pretty much everything cut off. However, now that everything is back to normal, i have everything connected other than the PS3. Now because i'm upstairs, i use wifi. I used to use a cable, but my brother cut the 30meter one many many years ago, so since then, i wont use cable..

Everytime i scan for wireless, i find every signal down the road other than our one at home. The network is virgin media. 90% of the time, it picks up sky, the other times its either Virgin Media which states its not supported or its VM****** which is supported, just happens to not be our router.

I'm scratching my head as to whats causing the PS3 to not find the router. Is anyone else having the same issue. Like i said up above, everything else is able to find it, even the PS4. I even moved the PS3 super close to the router and it still can't pick it up.

Any info would be great. Thanks :)

hodoknaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By hodoknaru
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything. I've also Googled this issue so many times but to no avail.

Basically, my PS3 has just decided that it can't connect or even find the router in my flat when I do a wireless scan. It's definitely in range of the router and it brings up numerous error codes when it drops out, but usually it's error code 8001000A. When it drops out, I have to do a router scan and it just won't find the router https://vlc.onl/ .

What doesn't make sense is when I brought my PS3 back to my parents place for Christmas, it found the router there with no problem (it's actually further away than the one in my flat) and I had no connectivity issues. But back at my flat, zilch. I live with 5 other people and all their devices and my phone etc. all connect to the router fine.

I've tried every fix I can find and I just don't understand. Any help?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@hodoknaru: U probably have a fat PS3 and most that experienced this problem just straight up replacing their PS3 wifi router.