(pic) I WANT BOOMERANG! (edited with POLL)

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts

its the silver one on the right

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/ps3s-boomerang-controller-reborn-214816.php

note it would be perfect for using it as a steering wheel for driving and flying! (motion controls)

look we have this high tech (bluray, wifi, HD ect...)PS3 and then we have this cheap feeling last gen controller. to me its unacceptable. The sixaxis is not worthy ofbeing the controller to this technological masterpeice of a system. Even the ps1/ps2 dualshock feel like they are made with better material!

i feel that the sixaxis was made with very cheap material and soldfor a high profit to offset the loses on the console, it probably costsony like 20bucks to make each sixaxis

I LIKE BOOMY!

Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts
Um. No. Just...no.
winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 winner-ps3

Um. No. Just...no.Spartan8907

YES! come one man the Dual shock 3 it so half ass, i know "if its not broke dont fix it" crap but im really not happy!

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

yeah i mean the boomarang looked awesome =]

people didnt like it because it wasnt the same as the last 12 years or however long the playstation platform has been around, but maybe sony should have taken the risk, i mean look what the wii did, even the 360 had a different controller

the playstation controlller is bad for fps's IMO mainly for the way the controller is set out but the anywaysssss..... boomerang FFTW!!! LOL

outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts
yah ill stick with my sixaxis.....lol i wouldnt be caught dead seen with that .... thing in my hands :?
jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts
Can you buy that controller now? I think it would be awesome to have one of those :)
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
The boomerang controller looks horribly uncomfortable.....and fugly.:?
Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Liams
Member since 2003 • 1704 Posts

I hate it. I've grown up with the classic PS controller and I think changing it now would be a disaster.

Believe it or not I've seen people posting on here saying they bought a PS1, PS2 and PS3 just because they preferred, liked and felt more comfatable with the PS controller

Thigeic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Thigeic
Member since 2004 • 1083 Posts
Um. No. Just...no.Spartan8907
Avatar image for XenogearsMaster
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XenogearsMaster
Member since 2007 • 3175 Posts
I prefer a new design like the boomerang. The Sixaxis design is MEH! The grip is MEH! It's just MEH!
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
Have you tried boomerang? no! So shut up about the grip and all that crap because we don't know how it is with the boomerang. I trust Sony, so if they choose the Sixaxis it's obvious that something was wrong with the boomerang
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XenogearsMaster

Have you tried boomerang? no! So shut up about the grip and all that crap because we don't know how it is with the boomerang. I trust Sony, so if they choose the Sixaxis it's obvious that something was wrong with the boomerangrogerjak

The Sixaxis design is meh. Just get over it. It's better to have a differentbut good design than a blatant rehash.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
Maybe a third party should come out with the boomerang controllers for those clammoring for it. As for me I didn't really like a simliar pc pad i used to play on so I'm a bit weary of boomerang controllers.
Warhearted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Warhearted
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts

I thank god everyday Sony didn't settle on the boomerang design. Actually, the fact that they went with the current sixaxis is proof there is a god.

Seriously, the old dual shock controller for the PS was one of the best controller designs ever. I'm nothing but satisfied that they've just refined the old tried-and-true model throughout their new projects. The only controller I've ever preferred was the 360 controller, but I've been using the Playstation models for so long that playing with sixaxis is second nature. Only without the annoyance of a cord.

longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 longhorn7
Member since 2007 • 4637 Posts

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]Have you tried boomerang? no! So shut up about the grip and all that crap because we don't know how it is with the boomerang. I trust Sony, so if they choose the Sixaxis it's obvious that something was wrong with the boomerangXenogearsMaster

The Sixaxis design is meh. Just get over it. It's better to have a differentbut good design than a blatant rehash.

the dualshock design has been the best controller for over a decade. your post is incredibly asinine. You are the only one who needs to get over anything as you are one of the only ones complaining.
mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mobius1979
Member since 2005 • 690 Posts

the original design is almost perfect a lot better than that boomerang crap

to male the Playstation controller perfect all it needs is a D-pad like the 6 button genesis controller lol

XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XenogearsMaster
[QUOTE="XenogearsMaster"]

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]Have you tried boomerang? no! So shut up about the grip and all that crap because we don't know how it is with the boomerang. I trust Sony, so if they choose the Sixaxis it's obvious that something was wrong with the boomeranglonghorn7

the dualshock design has been the best controller for over a decade. your post is incredibly asinine. You are the only one who needs to get over anything as you are one of the only ones complaining.

I was referring to the Sixaxis not the Dualshock. You need to read better.

Not only it was retarded for Sony to use a rehash design butthey alsomade it worse.

princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#18 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

There would be no way that I could use this controller. It is just way too big and it looks like it would make your hands very uncomfortable after hours of playtime.

I'll stick with the Six-Axis. Better yet bring on the Dual Shock 3

longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 longhorn7
Member since 2007 • 4637 Posts
[QUOTE="longhorn7"][QUOTE="XenogearsMaster"]

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]Have you tried boomerang? no! So shut up about the grip and all that crap because we don't know how it is with the boomerang. I trust Sony, so if they choose the Sixaxis it's obvious that something was wrong with the boomerangXenogearsMaster

I was referring to the Sixaxis not the Dualshock. You need to read better.

Not only it was retarded for Sony to use a rehash design butthey alsomade it worse.

its the same design ith different l2 and r2 buttons that are pressure sensitive. if you can't go from the dualshock 2 to the sixaxis without the slightest learning curve for the buttons then you need to be in assisted living. if it ain't broke don't fix it. The reason the xbox controller was different for the 360 is because they NEEDED to improve it as the xbox controller was a big piece of junk. they even borrowed some from the dualshock design(while keeping it their own of course i'm not saying they copied but that they saw something was better and adjusted accordingly).
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XenogearsMaster

I personally liked the Dualshock 2 but they made the Sixaxis worse. They just couldn't make the DS2 better.

Hence, they need a different design not neccessarily the boomerang.

mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mobius1979
Member since 2005 • 690 Posts

I personally liked the Dualshock 2 but they made the Sixaxis worse. They just couldn't make the DS2 better.

Hence, they need a different design not neccessarily the boomerang.

XenogearsMaster

u are a picky one sheesh

the controller is fine, i think u are the only person here that complain so much about it.

JGHOST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JGHOST
Member since 2003 • 80 Posts

The boomerang controller looks horribly uncomfortable.....and fugly.:?nyc05

What he said.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
I dunno. I still like the old PS2 style. the best. .... see, look, if Sony change the new shape. they will have to be like Nintendo and M$. for every new system they made. dont wanna be like them..... best off stick with the same old, really.
_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts

NO U! U luk fugly!

Lol jk :P

The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

How can it be meh?!... It is the best controller ever made.. The design is the best .. It fits pretty much every hand comforatble and its been known as the best controller design ever since the dualshock one.

And I think a lot of people agree with me when I say that I have always leaned more towards the playstation because its controller is just the best there is and I would not like a different design just because you need something different.

And since when is originality required in controllers...? Its not like a videogame where you need to keep trying original.. In fact controllers are better if they stay slightly the same (as they all have with exception to the wii) so people can always pick up a game and be familiar with the controller and how it works.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

Boomerang was suppose to be ergonomic for those of you who don't know which is better than the Sixaxis just because something looks ugly doesn't mean it's not better. Sony went with Sixaxis cause we have little babies who whine when they can't try something new and make judgements before they even try something.

Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Liams

Sony went with Sixaxis cause we have little babies who whine when they can't try something new and make judgements before they even try something.

I don't believe that. The only reason Sony stuck with the classic design: BOTTOM LINE PROFIT. If the boomerang was cheaper or the same price to make as the SIXAXIS they would've gone with it.

They couldn't give a s**t if people would like it or not. They know people would have to like it if they wanted a PS3.

You have to remember that these decisions where made when they where saying things like (and I'm paraphrasing here) "The next gen war doesn't start until we say it does"and so on. At the time they thought they had the gaming world by the corjones.

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

There is no way that i would be playing with that thing, i mean just look at it. It looks very uncomfortable + rather ugly to say the least.

Im happy with my Sixaxis controller, getting the Dualshock 3 aswell...

Thanks but no thanks sony.

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
yea they really should have used the boomerang or at least a redisignto match the sleek and curvy look of the ps3.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
+1 for Boomy.
gshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gshell
Member since 2002 • 1381 Posts
i saw nothing wrong with the boomerang......people overreacted
Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Liams

+1 for Boomy.emitsu97

I think Boomy Baby would be a better name XD

JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#34 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]Have you tried boomerang? no! So shut up about the grip and all that crap because we don't know how it is with the boomerang. I trust Sony, so if they choose the Sixaxis it's obvious that something was wrong with the boomerangG-Legend

Boomerang was suppose to be ergonomic for those of you who don't know which is better than the Sixaxis just because something looks ugly doesn't mean it's not better. Sony went with Sixaxis cause we have little babies who whine when they can't try something new and make judgements before they even try something.

To tell you the truth, i think the boomerang was ugly too. It looked really uncomfortable. And i could see my fingures slipping all over those shoulder buttons.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
[QUOTE="G-Legend"][QUOTE="XenogearsMaster"]

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]Have you tried boomerang? no! So shut up about the grip and all that crap because we don't know how it is with the boomerang. I trust Sony, so if they choose the Sixaxis it's obvious that something was wrong with the boomerangJudgementEden

To tell you the truth, i think the boomerang was ugly too. It looked really uncomfortable. And i could see my fingures slipping all over those shoulder buttons.

I understand how people felt but still I still wish I could have atleast tried it. I trust sony when it comes to making controllers they've had the best pad for years but the only problem I have wit hthe sixaxis design is the lack of ergonomic and Sony was set out to do that with the boomy we should have atleast given it a try.

SolidSnake2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SolidSnake2020
Member since 2006 • 2180 Posts
You people need to make up your mind when they first announced it you all were oh no how can we used it and now you are asking for it.
winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 winner-ps3
[QUOTE="JudgementEden"][QUOTE="G-Legend"][QUOTE="XenogearsMaster"]

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]Have you tried boomerang? no! So shut up about the grip and all that crap because we don't know how it is with the boomerang. I trust Sony, so if they choose the Sixaxis it's obvious that something was wrong with the boomerangG-Legend

I understand how people felt but still I still wish I could have atleast tried it. I trust sony when it comes to making controllers they've had the best pad for years but the only problem I have wit hthe sixaxis design is the lack of ergonomic and Sony was set out to do that with the boomy we should have atleast given it a try.

that its not ergonamic, this is the correct way to use that word lol
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Who designed the original PS controller? How legendary is that design? I had every confidence in the comfort and control feel of the boomer. Someone even has a gif of how the contour of the boomer was actually better than the DS design.
JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#39 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts
[QUOTE="G-Legend"][QUOTE="JudgementEden"][QUOTE="G-Legend"][QUOTE="XenogearsMaster"]

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]Have you tried boomerang? no! So shut up about the grip and all that crap because we don't know how it is with the boomerang. I trust Sony, so if they choose the Sixaxis it's obvious that something was wrong with the boomerangwinner-ps3

that its not ergonamic, this is the correct way to use that word lol

Just a simple correction would be fine, not a "lol", thats just rude.

In contrast, you should have said: "That its not ergonomic"- That is the correct way to use the word.

So, yes, you spelled "ergonomic" wrong and your sentence wasn't formed very good.

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
I hated the boomerang from the moment I saw it. I would kick puppies and microwave kittins if sony released that garbage. They made the right move with not using that horrible design.
-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#41 -oG-ShAdY
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts

I thought you guys would like to see the PS controllers through the years. Here they are from the first to the newest.

Image:Playstation Controller.jpg

(No analog, very light and flimsy feeling)

Image:DualShock.jpg

(Analog and rumble, first dual shock)

Image:Sony Dual Shock 2.jpg

(Dual Shock 2, nuff said.)

(Sixaxis)

(Dual Scock 3, Same design but I just had to use a different picture... :) )

And there you have it. All the revisions that went to market.

__-Vickfan4-__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 __-Vickfan4-__
Member since 2006 • 598 Posts

i agree

GloverD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GloverD
Member since 2004 • 1555 Posts
Are u kissing me if you ever seen this controller in hands it looks like the best controller ever
RabbiRambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RabbiRambo
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
That boomerang thingy kinda makes me wanna take it and throw it away like a real boomerang and that it wouldn`t come back.
OskaRTooL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 OskaRTooL
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Dude!! I Reallly prefer play with a tuna sandiwch as a controler than playin' with that thing
da1writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 da1writer
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts

So true, if it wasn't for the people whinning so much, things might be different.

I mean, look at the dualshock 1, no one liked the analogs when it first came out. Everyone prefered using the digital pad because we had used it for so long and were comfortable with it. Eventually we stopped acting liked babies and just dealt with it and learned it well, thanks to Ape Escape and a few other games that made the analogs feel great.

Now when pressure sensitive buttons came into play with the dualshock 2, alot of people didn't like that as well. After games like Metal Gear Solid 2 and Gran Turismo 3, we liked it after a year or two of using them.

With the Immersion lawsuit going on, we all knew that the rumble from dualshock1 and 2 may not appear right away when PS3's controller came out. Sony then implemented a new feature that we all know as Sony's motion sensing technology. It was unique and innovative but recieved the same criticisms that the past controllers had in their first years of release. Eventually we are going to have to face the facts again that this new game playing mechanic is going to have to be embraced sooner or later just like the past. So within the next year or so, we are all going to be comfortable using the motion sensing technology.

Do you see/read what I said and noticed something. With each release of something new added to the playstations controllers, we gripe and complain about it every single time and we eventually get over it with time. Rumble was of course coming back after the Immersion settlement, but people complained otherwise as well. We are a bunch of people that just want, want, want, it's kinda something I don't care for anymore. Motion sensing problems... get over it! Games are starting to use it better, like Folklore and a few others. Using full motion sensing capabilites from the start isn't a good way to introduce how the way it works, Iagree but enventually we will just have to accept the facts and just be happy that we have more ways to interactive to the game than just face buttons and shoulder buttons.

Now as for that boomerang idea, I joked about that already, sorry.

ps3sfafx911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ps3sfafx911
Member since 2006 • 58 Posts
kno what i think... theyshould make the boomerang but but as big and a little thicker in the middle. sort of a halfway between the boomerangand the regualr controllernow
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
no thnx ill keep my sixaxis:)
Theibault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Theibault
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
Man,I want a Boomerang too! I definetly wouldn't mind having one of those bad boys.
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
No. Im so glad they scraped this idea