Pes 09 or Fifa 09 ?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

georgg22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 georgg22
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts
I have played both and i prefer Fifa 09 But u decide wich one you like better
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts

I have played both and i prefer Fifa 09 But u decide wich one you like bettergeorgg22

really? youre giving me the oppurtunity to, dare i say, share my opinion in your sacred thread? Oh, how generous of thee my lord.

Well, if given permission to speak my lord, I must say that FIFA 09 is the best football sim I have ever played, and I've played them all. Some stubborn PES fanboys will come here and claim their game is king of sims blah blah blah, but to be honest, they are clowns. As bad as a PS3 fanboy bashing Gears of War, even though theyve never played it.

The demo for FIFA 09 is much faster than the actual game, but you can adjust the speed (theres 3 settings: slow, normal (default on FIFA 09) and fast (default on FIFA 09 demo). Im not sure why they did that. Be warned, when you play online 90% of opponents will choose Man Utd

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

I have played both and i prefer Fifa 09 But u decide wich one you like bettergeorgg22

You prefer Fifa .. but want me to decide .. :roll:

PES 09 then ..

gashead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gashead101
Member since 2005 • 1130 Posts

ive got both of them and i definatly prefer FIFA. i was a diehard PES fan on the PS2, i did like FIFA but PES beat it in every way (even graphics!) but since the switchover to the 360/PS3 it has lacked (especially PES6 on the 360). EA has completly re-vamped FIFA and its just getting better and better every year whereas PES isnt changing at all (apart from re-adding the features that Konami took out from the PS2 versions).

until Konami completly redesign the PES engine (and put more effort into keeping the game upto date e.g. incomplete transfers), FIFA will go from strength to strength while PES will fall behindfurther and further

-HeaveR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 -HeaveR-
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts

Fifa 09 wins hands down this year just everything about it is awesome the graphics the online features the gameplay, ball mechanics, player movement ' catches his breath' need I go on or have I proven my point FIFA 09 is amazing the best football game yet to release EVER! and I used to be a PES fan so it not fanboy speaking.

gbpman630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gbpman630
Member since 2003 • 2795 Posts
I think FIFA is actually better this year. Pro Evo, what has happened??? You used to be king!!!
-HeaveR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -HeaveR-
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts
I think FIFA is actually better this year. Pro Evo, what has happened??? You used to be king!!!gbpman630
Exactly what has happened it used to KICK fifa ASS bigtime I dont understand. Why mess with a winning formula.
khai411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 khai411
Member since 2005 • 810 Posts

[QUOTE="gbpman630"]I think FIFA is actually better this year. Pro Evo, what has happened??? You used to be king!!!-HeaveR-
Exactly what has happened it used to KICK fifa ASS bigtime I dont understand. Why mess with a winning formula.

Actually, it's more like, why did they remain stagnant????

I still prefer PES though.

Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
i think fifa 09, although it's still got some problems such as dodgy ai, and the shooting seems a bit off like you can only score one way. It's just filled with so much stuff that this is all forgotten, and it's just a very satisfying game of football to play. The problem with pes is although it's improved alot from last year, it's not really improved from past games, and the passing feels so ridiculous like they have magnets on their feet, but the shooting is a load better then fifa. I think which ever one you get you won't be dissapointed, but i think if you had both fifa would feel superior.
Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
imo i think pes2009 is way better..graphically and gameplay...maybe not so many gaming and not such good online..but gameplay is real good..its not like fifa where u can score like so many goals..easyily..and in fifa the graphics are like blurry..the grass is just beyond aweful..and if u actually zoom in the shoes..they look like rectangles...so i prefer fifa way more...planbfreak4eva
what you think pes is way bettter, but prefer fifa way more?
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"]imo i think pes2009 is way better..graphically and gameplay...maybe not so many gaming and not such good online..but gameplay is real good..its not like fifa where u can score like so many goals..easyily..and in fifa the graphics are like blurry..the grass is just beyond aweful..and if u actually zoom in the shoes..they look like rectangles...so i prefer pro way more...Mckenna1845
what you think pes is way bettter, but prefer fifa way more?

eh i made a mistake..i meant pro
Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Deaho
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts
I have played the both demo's and I bought fifa09,I am pes fan from along time but this year I loved fifa09 more ,sad that pes comes really down this year,dont get pes this year.
Fathead420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fathead420
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts
PES held the title for a while of being the best. Now its not really even a contest, FIFA 09 is the best soccer game made so far.
n8th8n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 n8th8n
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

FIFA 09 is way better than PES 09 . i used to love PES but now its just terrible. they havent improved it in the slightest where as FIFA is just a greatgame overall with a lot to offer online and offline.

Monstar23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Monstar23
Member since 2008 • 83 Posts
FIFA OWNS!!!
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts
Wow everybody seems to prefer fifa over pes , well I'll be the first then , I prefer pes , but the thing is I play pes since the 2000 and I'm so used to its gameplay I don't think I would be able to change , since fifa 06 I'm trying to get used to it as I'm to pes and I just can't .Although I played fifa 09 and have no complaints about it I still prefer pes , I just don't know why xD
cooldude1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#18 cooldude1888
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

Dunno, FIFA 09 has the best online witha 20 person match though PES has better ball physics.

Depends. Id have to go for PES 09 probably due to its tricks, modes and physics. Though dont

get me wrong FIFA 09 is an amazing game. PES 010 and FIFA 010 are scheduled for this year.

Lets see who wins thw battle then! FIFA or PES. The two biggest gaming rivals!

mirko_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mirko_j
Member since 2004 • 528 Posts
I loved previous PES games (PS2 era), but now I have to go with FIFA 09. PES is falling behind, they need to catch up.
ayyash1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#20 ayyash1991
Member since 2008 • 280 Posts
pes 2009
dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 dylan417
Member since 2008 • 5195 Posts

who honestly gives a flying fluck

dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 dylan417
Member since 2008 • 5195 Posts

s1wel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 s1wel
Member since 2008 • 375 Posts
was always a pes fan but for the first time having had all the pes games i traded my pes in. normaly i would wait till launch day of the next game to trade in, but i'v grown tired of waiting for this series to realy take off in the ps3. i doubt i will get the next one also now coz i suspect it will be more of the same will never buy fifa though, has just never felt like a good sim of football to me. call me a pes fanboy all you want, i dont care. thats just my opinion
s1wel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 s1wel
Member since 2008 • 375 Posts

dylan417
and your not getting moded
mirko_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mirko_j
Member since 2004 • 528 Posts

dylan417

Apparently, at least 7 million people... LINK

Spy_106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Spy_106
Member since 2005 • 712 Posts
FIFA! after playing both demos picking up fifa as soon as possible with KZ2
theonlybadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 theonlybadger
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts
I got both, FIFA doesnt seem that realistic to me, i still love the PES gameplay and i really loved the CL licence this year, however i think FIFA's graphics and presentation are far superior.
juliano13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 juliano13
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts
Fifa 09 rocks!
Maxzimus77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Maxzimus77
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

I've Fifa 09 and to be honest I only really play Online but I'm beginning to hate it to be honest, some things just lack complete realism....the goalkeeper AI is very dodgy with him standing on his line when he should be running out to kick the ball and thus allowing the opposition player to have a free run on goal.

Then there's the player reaction which is painfully slow, you press a button and it take ages to actually do what you want leading to you losing the ball. Defenders are really dum at times too as is the player highlighting, with a player clean through it often highlights the player behind the attacker rather than the one closer to goal you want to highlight an you can't change it!!!

Oh then there's the fact players like Ronaldo get all the rebounds, so when you tackle them invariably the ball breaks for them, oh and after a player scores a goal you can easily end up scoring 4-5 more it's that easy. I know scoring a goal makes a difference, but not that much!

CraigyM83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CraigyM83
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts
Used to be a PES man but the got the demo for 09 and it shagged. Decided to go for FIFA because I wanted to play online and most reviews criticise laggy play on PES, came ot love FIFA, it's just better, bit more realistic. The player selection can be dodgy but atleast they don't run 20 yards offside for a through ball. Certainly more of a thinkers simulation whereas PES is a bit more like what ACTUA soccer used to be like, just a bit daft and not very fun. PES would probably still be good if it hadn't gone multi-format.
CraigyM83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CraigyM83

I've Fifa 09 and to be honest I only really play Online but I'm beginning to hate it to be honest, some things just lack complete realism....the goalkeeper AI is very dodgy with him standing on his line when he should be running out to kick the ball and thus allowing the opposition player to have a free run on goal.

Then there's the player reaction which is painfully slow, you press a button and it take ages to actually do what you want leading to you losing the ball. Defenders are really dum at times too as is the player highlighting, with a player clean through it often highlights the player behind the attacker rather than the one closer to goal you want to highlight an you can't change it!!!

Oh then there's the fact players like Ronaldo get all the rebounds, so when you tackle them invariably the ball breaks for them, oh and after a player scores a goal you can easily end up scoring 4-5 more it's that easy. I know scoring a goal makes a difference, but not that much!

Maxzimus77

You control the goalkeeper, try pressing triangle. Or don't have your defenders charging out and losing their position.

And huh?

Maxzimus77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Maxzimus77

I've always been a PES fan as well to be fair, but I read that PES was disappointing this time round......I switched to it for realism in the 1st place but since Fifa was getting good reviews I got that instead.

Maybe it just doesn't suit the way I like to play but I find it so frustrating it's not really enjoyable and obviously this is a big minus for me. Scoring lots of goals is once again too easy, football just isn't like that you don't often get 7-0 scorelines. Unless they fix some of these bugs I won't be buying Fifa again.

Maxzimus77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Maxzimus77
[QUOTE="Maxzimus77"]

CraigyM83

You control the goalkeeper, try pressing triangle. Or don't have your defenders charging out and losing their position.

And huh?

This is when Ronaldo or Rooney get through your defences which seems to happen far too much, can you force the keeper to come off his line because I haven't managed it yet, he just seems stuck there half the time whilst the opposition forward is steaming towards the balll when the keeper should be getting it.

RE player response, you press the button then two seconds later it passes (if you're passing) and the lag is just too great IMO.I've been involved in a lot of games that are pretty tight then after a team scores a goal it's goals galore to the scoring side, it becomes ridiculous.

CraigyM83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CraigyM83
[QUOTE="CraigyM83"][QUOTE="Maxzimus77"]

Maxzimus77

And huh?

This is when Ronaldo or Rooney get through your defences which seems to happen far too much, can you force the keeper to come off his line because I haven't managed it yet, he just seems stuck there half the time whilst the opposition forward is steaming towards the balll when the keeper should be getting it.

RE player response, you press the button then two seconds later it passes (if you're passing) and the lag is just too great IMO.I've been involved in a lot of games that are pretty tight then after a team scores a goal it's goals galore to the scoring side, it becomes ridiculous.

Look in the manual, hold triangle (I think, I play on 360 though) and he rushes out. Alot of what you're saying seems to me like it's player skill rather than flaws of the game itself. Maybe you concede these goals because you go down a goal then go chasing the game like a bull and end up getting caught out.
Maxzimus77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Maxzimus77

Look in the manual, hold triangle (I think, I play on 360 though) and he rushes out. Alot of what you're saying seems to me like it's player skill rather than flaws of the game itself. Maybe you concede these goals because you go down a goal then go chasing the game like a bull and end up getting caught out.CraigyM83

I've got a PS3 but I don't tend to change tactics during a match to be honest, what works well at the beginning seems to go pearshaped after a goal.I've noticed the same after I score it all tends tobecome quite easy to get through opposition defences and whereas you coud barely create a chance before you suddenly create a horde of chances.

As for the lag, that's nothing to do with player skill really, when you press the button it should respond instantly not a couple of seconds later, that's just poor design IMO, never had this issue on any other game. I play a lot online on numerous games and this is the only game I have any issues with, I have a friend who also plays online and suffers the same problems.

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KorruptRaiden
Member since 2008 • 878 Posts
Pro evo doesnt seem to improve, fifa does, hence fifa
skanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 skanjos
Member since 2006 • 647 Posts
pes 2009 is the best soccer game out there,fifa is 2nd again....
NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

Pro Evolution Soccer has been way better than FIFA since 1998. But this year I think it's all a matter of opinion. Like back in FIFA 98 v ISS Pro 98. Both games were great. And both pros and cons could be argued for.

Of course EA have made massive improvements on the FIFA franchise because until FIFA 06', the franchise was absolutely cr@p compared to PES.

I prefer the old PES games on the PS2. Last year was the only PES game I was dissapointed in. And this year it's like PES all over again. So I haven't bought another copy. I'd much rather play PES 6, which is the best football game ever made in terms of gameplay. I played the FIFA 09' demo more than a few times (and rented it for a week), but just didn't like it. I tried to convince myself but PES is still better in my opinion. But just not worth buying "IF" you've got a previous PES game.

The reason the critics were so harsh on PES is simply because PES has not moved forward, whereas FIFA the game has. But that doesn't mean FIFA is better. PES 09 is still a great game.

sigmazero2590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sigmazero2590
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
fifa o9 never rly been a pro evo person
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts
If you want a soccer game thats got great defence, you wont get many chances on goal, like real soccer . Get winning eleven 9 , for ps2 , best soccer game ever. I still play it ,over both next gen games. I have updated rosters for it too !
Xeilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Xeilia
Member since 2009 • 231 Posts
I'm not really into sports games but I think that PES09 owns Fifa09. I have always been a PES person.
Macri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Macri
Member since 2005 • 1278 Posts
FIFA all the way no doubt! I used to plat PES but they have been epic fails on next gen.. FIFA is the answer...
Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Deaho
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

I've always been a PES fan as well to be fair, but I read that PES was disappointing this time round......I switched to it for realism in the 1st place but since Fifa was getting good reviews I got that instead.

Maybe it just doesn't suit the way I like to play but I find it so frustrating it's not really enjoyable and obviously this is a big minus for me. Scoring lots of goals is once again too easy, football just isn't like that you don't often get 7-0 scorelines. Unless they fix some of these bugs I won't be buying Fifa again.

Maxzimus77

I have been a pes fan since 2000 till pes 2008 ,I have played pes 2008 and I was scoring in pes 2008 11 goas in one match in the master league and I was playing it 6 stars level but when I was playing normal match ,I wasnt score that much ,the same with fifa I played in the manager mode and I was scoring alot of goals and I am playing it legened level , but this is not a problem from the game level ,this is some thing bad from the both games cause when u play master league in pes ur team always get better while the other teams not which isnt real at all,the same with fifa when u play with one team for along time they became very strong and the other teams never become storng,please man dont blam fifa about that cause the same problem in pes.

fifa 09 is the best this year and they desrve that cause they work very hard.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#45 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts
Fifa
NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts
If you want a soccer game thats got great defence, you wont get many chances on goal, like real soccer . Get winning eleven 9 , for ps2 , best soccer game ever. I still play it ,over both next gen games. I have updated rosters for it too !bussinrounds
Agreed. Otherwise known as PES5. It's between that game and PES6.
Maxzimus77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Maxzimus77

I have been a pes fan since 2000 till pes 2008 ,I have played pes 2008 and I was scoring in pes 2008 11 goas in one match in the master league and I was playing it 6 stars level but when I was playing normal match ,I wasnt score that much ,the same with fifa I played in the manager mode and I was scoring alot of goals and I am playing it legened level , but this is not a problem from the game level ,this is some thing bad from the both games cause when u play master league in pes ur team always get better while the other teams not which isnt real at all,the same with fifa when u play with one team for along time they became very strong and the other teams never become storng,please man dont blam fifa about that cause the same problem in pes.

fifa 09 is the best this year and they desrve that cause they work very hard.

Deaho

I've played PES for years and it still ranks as the best football game I've played, FIFA is OK but IMO they've overcomplicated things and some of the issues described (I only really play online btw) really spoil the game for me. Too many bugs for me, bugs that had this game been tested fully shouldn't be there, I'd like to switch all the assists off but then it basically becomes impossible to play, diagonal passes become really difficult.

Never had any issues like this with previous football games, the passing always went where you wanted it to go as did everything else. The player highlighting is also really flawed, I sometimes try to switch player and the game just won't...it's really annoying and this often leads to the opposition getting needless chances.

I may be in the minority but it's a thumbs down from me, it's got some nice features but generally it's the game I play least.

ludacriss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ludacriss
Member since 2005 • 1150 Posts
Fifa 09 is better, even if pes09 has the champions league licence.
CannedWorms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#49 CannedWorms
Member since 2009 • 3381 Posts
pes 2009 is the best soccer game out there,fifa is 2nd again....skanjos
In what way exactly? Sales? No. Quality? No.
hyperkass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hyperkass
Member since 2009 • 938 Posts
fifa 09 is bloody good.