**OFFICIAL US PS STORE CONTENT thread** (Last Updated 01-24-08)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
Yeah that makes sence Rick but damn it would have been nice to see a Skate demo. Other then that this has been another solid update good job Sony.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#402 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
I am very impressed with Sony they have really been stepping it up when it comes to the Store.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#403 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

Yeah that makes sence Rick but damn it would have been nice to see a Skate demo. Other then that this has been another solid update good job Sony.2beers_in_hand

Oh from a gamers point of view, we all want it NOW, but I honestly believe that that wouldn't be the best business move and I can understand that. That's also why we didn't get Stranglehold (which releases in 12 days...again around 2 weeks til release) until today.

It seems like everyone complains but there have been a ton of demos released recently to keep people more than busy enough.

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 The_Crucible
Member since 2007 • 3305 Posts
All-in-all, I have to give it to Sony this week. Huge update with nice demos. Doesn't make up for the past but its a good start.
SSJMajinVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#405 SSJMajinVegeta
Member since 2003 • 252 Posts
They have been doing really well. It's a nice steady pace, but they are going to get better from here on out I assume.
ShoryukenJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#406 ShoryukenJin
Member since 2003 • 528 Posts
OMG, OMG, OMG.................all I want is SKATE. That's it. Damn it, Sony. Why am I forced to play the SKATE demo on XBOX360 when you guys have the demo in your hands? I'm going crazy.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 The_Rick_14

OMG, OMG, OMG.................all I want is SKATE. That's it. Damn it, Sony. Why am I forced to play the SKATE demo on XBOX360 when you guys have the demo in your hands? I'm going crazy.ShoryukenJin

Quit whining and read 3 posts above yours.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#408 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts
I have really enjoyed those HS animes. Warhawk andPuzzle Fighter have completely satisfied me these last coupleweeks.
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#409 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
What about the NHL 08 demo? 360 has it, and its coming out like next week :( .
-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#410 -oG-ShAdY
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts

Rick,

I know it's probably been said before but thank you so much for making this thread. It's awesome. One of my favorite features is that you link all the content so that we can easily go to the gamespace page for each game and know how it was rated or what people are saying about it.

Thanks again,

Shady

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 The_Rick_14
Well don't thank me completely for the links. It was someone elses idea as you'll see on the front page. I do agree it was a very good suggestion.
-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 -oG-ShAdY

Well don't thank me completely for the links. It was someone elses idea as you'll see on the front page. I do agree it was a very good suggestion.The_Rick_14

And a very good one at that.

ShoryukenJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 ShoryukenJin
Member since 2003 • 528 Posts

[QUOTE="ShoryukenJin"]OMG, OMG, OMG.................all I want is SKATE. That's it. Damn it, Sony. Why am I forced to play the SKATE demo on XBOX360 when you guys have the demo in your hands? I'm going crazy.The_Rick_14

How is realeasing a demo a week earlier than they may be planning to a bad thing? It might make sense if I wasn't gettting to play the demo anyway, but in this situation, it only means that I can play it on one console and not the other. It's differences like that that helps people choose which console they want.

-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 -oG-ShAdY
[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]

[QUOTE="ShoryukenJin"]OMG, OMG, OMG.................all I want is SKATE. That's it. Damn it, Sony. Why am I forced to play the SKATE demo on XBOX360 when you guys have the demo in your hands? I'm going crazy.ShoryukenJin

How is realeasing a demo a week earlier than they may be planning to a bad thing? It might make sense if I wasn't gettting to play the demo anyway, but in this situation, it only means that I can play it on one console and not the other. It's differences like that that helps people choose which console they want.

It's not a bad thing to want the demo ahead of time. It is a bad thing to tarnish this great thread by bringing a system wars comment like "Why am I forced to play the SKATE demo on XBOX360...?". So I agree with what Rick said. Please confine those types of comments to the System Wars forum.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 The_Rick_14
[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]

[QUOTE="ShoryukenJin"]OMG, OMG, OMG.................all I want is SKATE. That's it. Damn it, Sony. Why am I forced to play the SKATE demo on XBOX360 when you guys have the demo in your hands? I'm going crazy.ShoryukenJin

You do realize that Skate is out for the 360 in 4 days and 17 days away for the PS3, right? A demo of the same game isn't going to make people wait to decide which to buy if they REALLY want to play it and own both systems anyway.

-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 -oG-ShAdY
[QUOTE="ShoryukenJin"][QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]

[QUOTE="ShoryukenJin"]OMG, OMG, OMG.................all I want is SKATE. That's it. Damn it, Sony. Why am I forced to play the SKATE demo on XBOX360 when you guys have the demo in your hands? I'm going crazy.The_Rick_14

You do realize that Skate is out for the 360 in 4 days and 17 days away for the PS3, right? A demo of the same game isn't going to make people wait to decide which to buy if they REALLY want to play it and own both systems anyway.

I think what he/she ment was that when deciding which console to buy whichever one has the demo will be the one they pick up? :roll: Because when people go out to buy a console if they don't see enough demos on it's online store they are going to go with something else. What! Is this old news to you Rick? :roll:

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 The_Rick_14
I guess this is news to me. lol
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#418 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
A little off topic but considering they are nowhere near as experienced as MS in the online arena, Sony has done great with the PS store so far imo.A few more PSone classics would be nice but they've done a good job with the demos.
-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 -oG-ShAdY

A little off topic but considering they are nowhere near as experienced as MS in the online arena, Sony has done great with the PS store so far imo.A few more PSone classics would be nice but they've done a good job with the demos.Gamer46

Yes, considering this is their first year of actually doing a full online service they are holding there own. If you look at Ricks first page (as many of us do often) it started off very small and now it grows quite rapidly. I too would like some more classic titles. I want to see some of the FF or even Legend of the Dragoon make it on there.

meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#420 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts
Confirmed, for this week is Vegas High stakes on the poker strip looks like another generic poker game with 3d avatars. Ratchet demo also confirmed for Oct 4th so turn on the PS3 that day for sure.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 The_Rick_14

Confirmed, for this week is Vegas High stakes on the poker strip looks like another generic poker game with 3d avatars. Ratchet demo also confirmed for Oct 4th so turn on the PS3 that day for sure.meischris39

I'm pretty sure Vega High Stakes will also have webcam support so you can use that instead of avatars.

-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 -oG-ShAdY

[QUOTE="meischris39"]Confirmed, for this week is Vegas High stakes on the poker strip looks like another generic poker game with 3d avatars. Ratchet demo also confirmed for Oct 4th so turn on the PS3 that day for sure.The_Rick_14

I'm pretty sure Vega High Stakes will also have webcam support so you can use that instead of avatars.

Too bad the PS Eye isn't out yet. Interesting enough, Logitech makes a webcam that looks a lot like it and has "RightLight" and "RightSound" features build in. It also works with the PS3. Just thought I'd mention that. But I'm pretty sure the PS Eye will be cheap.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 The_Rick_14
With webcams just make sure its plug-and-play. The webcam I have from Logitech that I got before my PS3 is not and requires drivers to be installed. Therefore, the PS3 does not recognize it.
-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 -oG-ShAdY

With webcams just make sure its plug-and-play. The webcam I have from Logitech that I got before my PS3 is not and requires drivers to be installed. Therefore, the PS3 does not recognize it.The_Rick_14

That sucks. Yeah, I just got a Logitech G7 mouse and it's plug-and-play and it works super well with the PS3. I love it.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 The_Rick_14

Just found this on the official Tony Hawk Proving Ground Blog.

There's a PS3 demo that *should* make it out to the PSN this Thursday for all you Sixaxis freaks.Brian Bright

Check the Sept. 10th entry entitled "XBL Demo Out Today" and its the last sentence of the second paragraph. Looks like we may be seeing that demo tomorrow.

SSJMajinVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 SSJMajinVegeta
Member since 2003 • 252 Posts
That'd be something if we got Skate and the THPS demo in the same update.
graze81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 graze81
Member since 2007 • 396 Posts

Credit: PS3fanboy.com

North America PSN Update for this week

Demos: (free)

· PixelJunk Racers

· Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

· NHL 08

· Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

· FIFA 08

Trailers, wallpapers, etc: (free)

· Everyday Shooter trailer

· Warhawk trailer

· Lair Behind the Scenes video

· Feel the Noise trailer

· Juiced 2 trailer

· High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition trailer

· Soul Calibur IV trailer

· High Stakes: Poker wallpaper

· 2 PixelJunk Racer wallpapers

· Folklore wallpaper

· Lair music track

Teyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 Teyon
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts
Wow. Nothing I'm interested in this week. That almost never happens (there's usually something to pique my interest). Ah well, thanks for the post.
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#429 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
I'm def. gonna download the TH game. I have skate. demo on the 360 and I'd love to compare the two:D
vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#430 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
Sony is doing great with the updates with PSN!
-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 -oG-ShAdY

Sony is doing great with the updates with PSN!vincent380

I would agree with you.

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 Gamer46

Sony is doing great with the updates with PSN!vincent380

They're doing a good job, but I'd like more PSone classics. How about some Warhawk or Twisted Metal?

DanC1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 DanC1989
Member since 2004 • 50952 Posts

[QUOTE="vincent380"]Sony is doing great with the updates with PSN!Gamer46

They're doing a good job, but I'd like more PSone classics. How about some Warhawk or Twisted Metal?

Metal. Gear. Solid.
-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 -oG-ShAdY
Definitely looking good. The demo portion is greating freakin' huge! I still wish they would remodel the store!
vix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 vix
Member since 2003 • 2803 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamer46"]

[QUOTE="vincent380"]Sony is doing great with the updates with PSN!DanC1989

Metal. Gear. Solid.

Einhander or the obligatory FFVII. :P They are slowly coming along with the PSN. I'm very happy with it so far.
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 Gamer46
[QUOTE="Gamer46"]

[QUOTE="vincent380"]Sony is doing great with the updates with PSN!DanC1989

Metal. Gear. Solid.

That would work too.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 AuthenticM
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts
I'd like Sony to give an overhaul to the PS Store layout.
-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 -oG-ShAdY

I'd like Sony to give an overhaul to the PS Store layout.AuthenticM

I would agree with you. It needs it bad. Functionality is key to a great online store. OH, btw. Your sig is great.

Cexr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 Cexr
Member since 2006 • 215 Posts
So NBA 2k8 is not gonna give us a demo, im tired of this, 360 owners already have it, what wrong SONY???
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 The_Rick_14
Where did you hear that we're not getting a 2k8 demo? Just assuming because it didnt come this week?
-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 -oG-ShAdY

Where did you hear that we're not getting a 2k8 demo? Just assuming because it didnt come this week?The_Rick_14

Frick man. I'm sick of complaining. It's like... as long as another company has done it... then Sony has some how messed up.

It's not like they have other priorities at the moment. Not like they need to finish Home, Playstation Eye, fix online, update the store layout, etc... I mean man... what's their problem?

/sarcasm

philcabinet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 philcabinet
Member since 2005 • 4312 Posts
I'd rather they just finish Home than revamp the store, I know it's asking for miracles, but hey, that'd be a lot better than some same old store.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#444 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Well, last evening I was successfully able to check the demos of nba 2k8 and Jericho.

I was quite disappointed with 2k8 while Jericho is good. It seems like my money are going to Nba live 08 this year since nba 08 was bad and 2k8 demo was very shallow compared to nba live 08 which was fantastic.

I'll wait till next week when GS reviews to see how things add up, from demo perspective nba live 08 delivers best in my opinion.

senjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#445 senjutsu
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts
You should add the "bladestorm demo" in the "coming soon", it's coming (it's official) the 4th october.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 The_Rick_14

You should add the "bladestorm demo" in the "coming soon", it's coming (it's official) the 4th october.senjutsu

I'm only using that section for PSN games that would be purchased at the moment.

timmy1312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 timmy1312
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts
IS ratchet and clank still scheduled to come out tommorow, along with simpsons and the other one or did they delayit a week
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 The_Rick_14
A PS Blog entry a few days ago confirmed R&C is set for October 11th.
MonayMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 MonayMan
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

I've never played a R&C game :shock:

I try just about every demo that comes out in the PS store, though. So I can't wait for it :D

senjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#450 senjutsu
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts

On the us.playstation.com/ps3/store website, we can see that the bladestorm demo, the simpsons game demo and the NBA 08 demo are online, but when I go on the store, I see none of them! What is going on?

ps: after an hour, I re-checked and nothing's changed...